Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Sheep-Goats posted:

Get the Mediterranean flavor.

with capers, olive oil, and torn up basil leaves, also pickled or roasted peppers, wrapped in spinach leaves. Optimal assembly is to sprinkle capers on the spinach leaf, put a pinch of basil leaves, couple peppers, and the sardine, then drizzle with olive oil, roll it up, and eat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Woah there bud I just shake some dill on there but if you want to fancy up your deens that's your business

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I ate my last tin with dill a few days ago and I regret it deeply because I want to eat it right now.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

SymmetryrtemmyS posted:

with capers, olive oil, and torn up basil leaves, also pickled or roasted peppers, wrapped in spinach leaves. Optimal assembly is to sprinkle capers on the spinach leaf, put a pinch of basil leaves, couple peppers, and the sardine, then drizzle with olive oil, roll it up, and eat.

found lunch for today :chef:

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Today was a perfect day for the TJ Harissa Sardines in a wrap with diced carrots & cucumber. Salt, pepper, cilantro, some red pepper flakes and a splash of lemon. Pro summer eating play.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
I don't know if it's been posted yet but Food Wish's 'Pasta con le Sarde' is now in my monthly rotation:

http://foodwishes.blogspot.ch/2015/01/pasta-con-le-sarde-small-fish-big.html

And my non-'dine loving family loves it as well.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

bollig posted:

I don't know if it's been posted yet but Food Wish's 'Pasta con le Sarde' is now in my monthly rotation:

Just got a case of italian olive-oil packed tuna and dines, this is going to be supper tonight :dance:

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
sardines.

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

dines

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

the sardine thread rides again.

Szechuan
Mar 3, 2008
I'm not a seasoned 'dine diner, but this thread has given me lots of ideas.

In exchange, a recipe I hope hasn't been posted before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hr3M3BxbsTU

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
I'm sick of dines. Honestly, I'm sick of burgs too.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Sizone posted:

extremely hosed up if true

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I recently got some Mediterranean style sardines, v. good.

Also got some bumble bee ones in hot sauce and I did not care for them. They were very fishy and dry.

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien
it's true man. I'm in a food rut. I really just want to move back to california and eat nothing but giant taqueria burritos of the al pastor and lengua varieties for a month or two. maybe a little cabeza if my stomach can handle it and some ceviche on weekends.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Sizone posted:

it's true man. I'm in a food rut. I really just want to move back to california and eat nothing but giant taqueria burritos of the al pastor and lengua varieties for a month or two. maybe a little cabeza if my stomach can handle it and some ceviche on weekends.

Im in San Diego. Lemme send u some burritos.

Lucy Heartfilia
May 31, 2012

Sizone posted:

time to kill yourself. you have nothing left worth living for. :smith:

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I am really loving the spanish-style King Oscar sardines. They purport to be new, so TRY THEM IF YOU HAVEN'T. Each tin has some chili pepper in it too.

Male Tiers
Dec 27, 2012

Why don't you just lay down your weapons now?

elestupendojudio posted:

I am really loving the spanish-style King Oscar sardines. They purport to be new, so TRY THEM IF YOU HAVEN'T. Each tin has some chili pepper in it too.

Huh, I haven't seen these but they sound good. They just say "Spanish Style" on the tin? How hot are they?

Ohnonotme
Jul 23, 2007
Yay!
Around 90 degrees at the minute, if Google is correct.
Also, Cornish Pilchards are the king of all fish that come in tins - they are very much on the expensive side though.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

bollig posted:

That Foodwishes guy's blog and videos loving own

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

I came here expecting a trash thread to poo poo post in, but now im giving serious consideration to trying one of these dine dishes

Scornful Sexbot
Sep 24, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Male Tears posted:

Huh, I haven't seen these but they sound good. They just say "Spanish Style" on the tin? How hot are they?

Yeah that's all it says. They're skinless/boneless which actually isn't my preference, but still very good. They're not very spicy but I have a high heat tolerance. I do notice it though, so I imagine it would be more for someone less accustomed to spicy food.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Szechuan posted:

I think I'm gonna make this next week.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Had beach cliff in mustard sauce on rye triscuits for lunch today and they were pretty darned tasty. Tried em plain (just fine) with sharp mustard (not needed) horseradish (tasty) and hotsauce (just right.)

Also wife made me ate some vegetables or something.

I thought consensus was the BC was not good? Anyway, not bad at all. Big chunks of fish.

naem
May 29, 2011

pr0k posted:

Had beach cliff in mustard sauce on rye triscuits for lunch today and they were pretty darned tasty. Tried em plain (just fine) with sharp mustard (not needed) horseradish (tasty) and hotsauce (just right.)

Also wife made me ate some vegetables or something.

I thought consensus was the BC was not good? Anyway, not bad at all. Big chunks of fish.

It's not that inexpensive brands are bad as much as good brands are fantastic

Sizone
Sep 13, 2007

by LadyAmbien

naem posted:

It's not that inexpensive brands are bad as much as good brands are fantastic

beachcliff in hot sauce are still one of my favs. I think the only time I've had bad sardines was brunswick and chicken of the sea

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.
My goto breakfast recently has been a small can of diced tomatoes, salted and pepper, warmed with 3-4 eggs and a mashed up can of 'dines.

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

ROFLburger posted:

Truth. His backlog is enormous and awesome.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

bollig posted:

My goto breakfast recently has been a small can of diced tomatoes, salted and pepper, warmed with 3-4 eggs and a mashed up can of 'dines.

That's like three times as much food as you need fatso.

Szechuan posted:

Made this, fed it to a dad, dad said "Weird new flavors but good!" which is as good as it gets from that particular dad. Used bowtie pasta though because I ain't eating noodles unless I can use chopsticks and I ain't eatin Italian food with chopsticks.

ROFLburger posted:

I don't really like the Foodwishes guy because of his male valleygirl voice and also a lot of his recipes have obvious faults in them that I as an amateur shitheel know to fix but all told I'm glad they're there and I think they're a good start.

raton fucked around with this message at 17:27 on Jun 26, 2015

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest
glad to see the sardine thread again. lets eat some sardines and have some beers.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

Sheep-Goats posted:

That's like three times as much food as you need fatso.

4 Eggs = 280kcal
Sardines = 240kcal
Diced Tomatoes = ~50cal

A whopping 570 whole calories, someone call the fat police.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

exquisite tea posted:

4 Eggs = 280kcal
Sardines = 240kcal
Diced Tomatoes = ~50cal

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

PokeJoe posted:

I recently got some Mediterranean style sardines, v. good.

Gj, King oscar mediterranean are the best out of the can dine I add dill but you don't have to

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

exquisite tea posted:

4 Eggs = 280kcal
Sardines = 240kcal
Diced Tomatoes = ~50cal

i bet those canned tomates have a poo poo load of salt though, better watch it

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Oh no not SALT!!! :ohdear:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

Oh no not SALT!!! :ohdear:

The forbidden spice :ssh:

Ruzihm
Aug 11, 2010

Group up and push mid, proletariat!

Sheep-Goats posted:

Nothing tastes as good as thin feels.

Gj, King oscar mediterranean are the best out of the can dine I add dill but you don't have to

I tried a medi one and it was good and tasty. But, I gotta say I like the peppercorn one more!

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Ruzihm posted:

I tried a medi one and it was good and tasty. But, I gotta say I like the peppercorn one more!

The forbidden spice :ssh:

bollig
Apr 7, 2006

Never Forget.

Haverchuck posted:

i bet those canned tomates have a poo poo load of salt though, better watch it

Good thing I'm a fatty that sweats a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Sizone posted:

im sick of beer and pizza :(

im on to pasta and wine

• Locked thread