Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
chuggo is BACK
Jul 1, 2008

"Chuggo"

PWM POTM December 2014

kcer posted:

Hmm yes a side who had a poor season and flirted with relegation for a while or a side who had a poor season and flirted with relegation for a while, very touch choice.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Supposedly Benzema to Arsenal is a possible thing now?

Yellow Jesus
Jul 18, 2003

Benzema to Arsenal has ben a thing for atleast the last 6 transfer windows, gonna guess its not happening this time either

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp

Gigi Galli posted:

Came to post this, I am fuming. Galliani's pussy footing around has cost Milan what would've been 2 great transfers. The Martinez one I can understand but Milan's unwillingness to spend a bit more cost us Kondogbia. Inter is in no better of a position league and competition wise so it's down to cash.

Supposedly De Jong is staying so that might lessen it a bit but as soon as someone puts in a reasonable wage offer I bet he's out too. I'm mad. I'm mad as hell.

Suck it

Forza Inter

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

triple sulk posted:

I will do all the moves if this happens.

It's not going to happen.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

triple sulk posted:

There's always a chance of Wengy buying whoever is getting pushed out of a big Spanish club, which owns, but Idk if that's happening to Benzema.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

blue footed boobie posted:

There's always a chance of Wengy buying whoever is getting pushed out of a big Spanish club, which owns, but Idk if that's happening to Benzema.

The rumor is that Real want Aguero. I don't know if I could see City selling him though.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Byolante posted:

I really hope Bojan and Marco lure their mate Sergi to Stoke because having Stoke become the house for misfit la liga youth stars tickles me

I like how much you love your ex Barca players but actually hate Barca.

Also who the gently caress is Joe Gomez?

We really need to start selling some players because right now our squad is bloated to gently caress. With Gomez added we now have Skrtel, Sakho, Lovren, Toure, Coates, Illori, Wisdom and Gomez as centre back options.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

triple sulk posted:

The rumor is that Real want Aguero. I don't know if I could see City selling him though.

Yellow Jesus posted:

BenzemaAguero to ArsenalReal has been a thing for atleast the last 6 transfer windows, gonna guess its not happening this time either

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
Diagnosis: Transfer

Norwich put in £8m bid for Virgil Van Dijk

Koesj
Aug 3, 2003
I'm pretty keen on getting to watch big Virgil again as he comes in from the wilderness. 8m is what he should have gone for when he left here in the first place, but alas his contract prevented Groningen from really cashing in.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Benzema is hilariously trash and no better than Giroud

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Ninpo posted:

Benzema is hilariously trash and no better than Giroud

Benzema and Giroud are both good hth.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Giroud isnt a title winning striker, Benzema is slightly better but goes missing his fair share.

e: except for that title that he won, obviously

Bea Nanner fucked around with this message at 03:33 on Jun 21, 2015

Mean Bean Machine
May 9, 2008

Only when I breathe.
Apparently although Milan's offer for him was accepted, Jackson Martinez would rather go to Atletico and is waiting for a proper offer from them.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

Mean Bean Machine posted:

Apparently although Milan's offer for him was accepted, Jackson Martinez would rather go to Atletico and is waiting for a proper offer from them.

His agent just stopped picking up the phone or replying to texts when Galliani tried to reach him today.

Ice cold.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Can't blame him, really.

Mans
Sep 14, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Mean Bean Machine posted:

CL, slim but possible chances of winning the Spanish League vs being part of a team that will gun for fifth if everything goes their way.

yeah...

Barvo
Feb 19, 2008

by Ralp
Lmao Martinez's agent and Charlize Theron both straight up ghosting some fools then talking about Mad Max while the agent imagines having sex with her, that's deffo how it went down.

Twat le Piss
Aug 4, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Blue Star Error posted:

Diagnosis: Transfer

Norwich put in £8m bid for Virgil Van Dijk

What were the symptoms, bse?

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

blue footed boobie posted:

Benzema and Giroud are both good hth.

Benzema is a barely double digits striker in a Real Madrid team that scored over 100 goals last season.

There's no point just getting "good" when you've already got someone at that level and want to win more things.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ninpo posted:

Benzema is a barely double digits striker in a Real Madrid team that scored over 100 goals last season.

There's no point just getting "good" when you've already got someone at that level and want to win more things.

He scored over 20 goals in the last five consecutive seasons though?

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Ninpo posted:

he had similar stats to suarez this season, it's almost as if he's surprisingly unselfish for a striker in a team where ronaldo throws a tantrum if he doesn't get the goal

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
PIrlo was at the NYCFC game last night with their team president. Seems like that rumor could be true after all.

E: actually he was at a Yankees game with NYCFC people

trem_two fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Jun 21, 2015

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
get ronaldinho in too, mmm, the ultimate 2004 midfield in 2015

TwoDogs1Cup
May 28, 2008

DOUGIE DOUGIE DOUGIE! MY LOVE, HE MAKES MY EMPTY HEART FULL! DOUGIE! THE BEST FOREVER THE BEST DOUGIEEE! <3 <3 - TwoDougies1Cup
I wish QPR were still in the PL so they could buy Ronaldinho

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

not not luvd posted:

he had similar stats to suarez this season, it's almost as if he's surprisingly unselfish for a striker in a team where ronaldo throws a tantrum if he doesn't get the goal

Suarez plays as a wide forward at Barcelona it's almost as if he's expected to get assists and a lower number of goals than the centre forward. I just don't think Benzema would be an upgrade over Giroud and he's only a year younger than him.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ninpo posted:

Suarez plays as a wide forward at Barcelona it's almost as if he's expected to get assists and a lower number of goals than the centre forward. I just don't think Benzema would be an upgrade over Giroud and he's only a year younger than him.

Whenever I've seen Barcelona play Suarez has been in the centre with Neymar on the left and Messi on the right.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Ah well then. Benzema is as good as Suarez and Arsenal should buy him.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

trem_two posted:

His agent just stopped picking up the phone or replying to texts when Galliani tried to reach him today.

Ice cold.

Bet he keeps leaving long voicemails.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!

trem_two posted:

Ice cold.

First Sean Penn, now this...

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Looks like its time for all the arsenal fans to come in for a big party and wax lyrical about a player they've watched a handful of times because hes been linked to them again.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
noted unknown player, Karim Benzema

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Hes known for being an average striker thats for sure. Wouldnt have got that impression from the last few posts though.

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

serious gaylord posted:

Hes known for being an average striker thats for sure. Wouldnt have got that impression from the last few posts though.

You could probably call this the Gaston Ramirez effect

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

serious gaylord posted:

He's good but not great. Good enough to get a lot of time and score some goals if this fan fiction were true.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

Ninpo posted:

Benzema is very good. The reason he "only" scored 20 goals is because he's forced to feed Ronald's goal addiction.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

Fun Shoe
Galliani: “If we save €40m on Geoffrey Kondogbia and €35m on Jackson Martinez, we’ll have another €75m to spend wisely over the rest of the transfer window".

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

trem_two posted:

Galliani: “If we save €40m on Geoffrey Kondogbia and €35m on Jackson Martinez, we’ll have another €75m to spend wisely over the rest of the transfer window".

:shepicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
If you don't think Benzema is good, watch any RM game from this season where he didn't start.

• Locked thread