Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
I suppose like Joementum was saying, he can draw some good crowds. Maybe Bernmentum is catching on after all?

I couldn't find any good crowd photos from Nader's 2000 campaign

e: yep, the ability to draw a crowd sure is the number one indicator of how successful a politician is going to be

Wanamingo fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jun 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

mooyashi posted:

some people will feel the twin despondencies of losing their first significant other due to growing apart at the onset of adulthood and watching a candidate they feel represents them crushed underneath a boot within, oh, six months

Counterpoint: some of them will be introduced to weed for the first time in their lives

woke wedding drone
Jun 1, 2003

by exmarx
Fun Shoe

mooyashi posted:

some people will feel the twin despondencies of losing their first significant other due to growing apart at the onset of adulthood and watching a candidate they feel represents them crushed underneath a boot within, oh, six months

it's almost better schadenfreude than cicadas ruining outdoor weddings

Are...are we the baddies?

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Hey everybody, I've got a good feeling about this Goldwater guy, he sure can pack the people in tight!!

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Chokes McGee posted:

Counterpoint: some of them will be introduced to weed for the first time in their lives

countercounterpoint: the worst weed enthusiast is an early 20's white guy with his first disposable income

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Chokes McGee posted:

In Denver?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

richardfun posted:

Not sure if this has been posted yet (I'm a bit behind on the thread) but apparently, Rubio fancies himself a regular Captain America.

If I was Disney I would sue.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

AsInHowe posted:

How close are we to a presidential election showdown between Hillary Clinton and Bernie Sanders in November 2016?

Are you implying a version of reality where Hillary drops out of the Dem race and blitzes the Republican primaries...? Because that's the kind of Overton window shift I'd like to see.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

Skwirl posted:

If I was Disney I would sue.

I was gonna correct you and then I got loving sad.

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

bpower posted:

I suppose we have to give him credit for that position.

Stupid sense of fairplay :argh:

Well there's your problem.

Let the hate flow through you and you will know the true power of partisianship.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA
Had Super PAC founder Bill Burton in Minneapolis yesterday stand in front of a hall full of Democrats and, with a nauseating amount of faux congeniality, tell everyone that there was no question that Hillary Clinton will be the party's nominee. I'm shocked, just shocked that a party insider would throw a wet blanket over any opposition to the heir presumptive.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Cugel the Clever posted:

Had Super PAC founder Bill Burton in Minneapolis yesterday stand in front of a hall full of Democrats and, with a nauseating amount of faux congeniality, tell everyone that there was no question that Hillary Clinton will be the party's nominee. I'm shocked, just shocked that a party insider would throw a wet blanket over any opposition to the heir presumptive.

:ssh: many people who currently support #bernmentum also believe Hillary is going to be the nominee but support Bernie to pressure her from the left.

Cugel the Clever
Apr 5, 2009
I LOVE AMERICA AND CAPITALISM DESPITE BEING POOR AS FUCK. I WILL NEVER RETIRE BUT HERE'S ANOTHER 200$ FOR UKRAINE, SLAVA

FAUXTON posted:

:ssh: many people who currently support #bernmentum also believe Hillary is going to be the nominee but support Bernie to pressure her from the left.
That's funny, it came off as an extremely condescending, "Dawww, you want to play with us big kids? That's adorable."

Edit: He presented Hillary's nomination as a fait accompli. This wasn't a rally for Hillary, it was a DFL Training Summit. No one else who took the stage came close to a statement endorsing a candidate, which is drat impressive because you had DFL Chair Ken Martin (Mr. "I'm endorsing Clinton as a private individual, not in an official capacity"), a representative from Emily's List, and CEO of the DNC, Amy Dacey, as the other speakers. We're ~7 months away from Iowa and it's disrespectful to the democratic process to act like it's a done deal.

Cugel the Clever fucked around with this message at 13:07 on Jun 21, 2015

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Cugel the Clever posted:

That's funny, it came off as an extremely condescending, "Dawww, you want to play with us big kids? That's adorable."

No poo poo, he was a party insider. The point is that a lot of the people in that room probably didn't give a poo poo because they already knew Hillary was the presumptive nominee.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Wanamingo posted:

Hey everybody, I've got a good feeling about this Goldwater guy, he sure can pack the people in tight!!

Goldwater lost the election and won the war so what point are you making exactly?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Another detail of the Bernie rally: he entered to Keep on Rockin' in the Free World, with Neil Young's approval.

messagemode1 posted:

On a more timely note, does all of this Bernmentum mean anything?

Well, he's not going to be the nominee, but there was a danger to Bernie running. What if he ran a campaign on all these great progressive ideas and nobody showed up? Then the opposing campaigns and all the beltway pundits could sit around and say, "See? There's no appetite in America for these ideas. What we need is someone to bring both sides together and do whatever Ron Fournier says." Even though Bernie's ceiling is winning one state and picking up a smattering of delegates elsewhere, he's showing there's hunger for what he's selling.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Joementum posted:

all the beltway pundits could sit around and say, "See? There's no appetite in America for these ideas. What we need is someone to bring both sides together and do whatever Ron Fournier says."

good thing that won't happen, crisis averted

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

Joementum posted:

Another detail of the Bernie rally: he entered to Keep on Rockin' in the Free World, with Neil Young's approval.

Well, he's not going to be the nominee, but there was a danger to Bernie running. What if he ran a campaign on all these great progressive ideas and nobody showed up? Then the opposing campaigns and all the beltway pundits could sit around and say, "See? There's no appetite in America for these ideas. What we need is someone to bring both sides together and do whatever Ron Fournier says." Even though Bernie's ceiling is winning one state and picking up a smattering of delegates elsewhere, he's showing there's hunger for what he's selling.

Yeah, barring some absurd revelation that Hillary ordered the Benghazi attack while helping perform an abortion for a lesbian couple inside a Catholic church it's pretty unlikely it'll end up being anyone but her; if she withdrew he'd have some chance because the other candidates on the Democratic side don't really seem to have national name recognition either.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

SedanChair posted:

That's the beauty of it, they keep being brand new to the political process, and melting down before our eyes as they comprehend the failure and betrayal that awaits them. :mmmhmm::fh:

the joke could also refer to professors

it has a lot of layers

like an onion

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
bernie is the ned stark of politics

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Without those pictures of people who lost elections speaking to large crowds I would never have realized Bernie could actually lose, thanks Wanamingo for breaking my childish naivety. Dehumanize yourself and face to default candidate.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

: shillary :
:shillary:

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

Which angry conservative GBS poster paid for that, do you think?

Doctor Shapes
Mar 17, 2009

Ask and ye shall receive.

TEAYCHES posted:

I don't get it.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Doctor Shapes posted:

I don't get it.

The "joke" is that he hates women.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Nintendo Kid posted:

The "joke" is that he hates women.

oh fishmech-chan :allears:

The Shortest Path posted:

Conservative?

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP
Nice rivals.com nickname.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

this smiley was paid for by Bernie 2016 (not the billionaires)

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Cugel the Clever posted:

Edit: He presented Hillary's nomination as a fait accompli. This wasn't a rally for Hillary, it was a DFL Training Summit. No one else who took the stage came close to a statement endorsing a candidate, which is drat impressive because you had DFL Chair Ken Martin (Mr. "I'm endorsing Clinton as a private individual, not in an official capacity"), a representative from Emily's List, and CEO of the DNC, Amy Dacey, as the other speakers. We're ~7 months away from Iowa and it's disrespectful to the democratic process to act like it's a done deal.

As the guy who talked up Biden's chances for the past three years in all prior iterations of this thread, it's a done deal barring medical issues or maybe that Epstein thing blowing up and involving Bill somehow. Bernie's campaign is actually a blessing to Hillary at this stage; she's sucked up so much of the oxygen that the remainder had to go to one person Right Now for that person to have any chance, and as it turns out, instead of Biden or somebody else with a prayer the oxygen went to Bernie instead.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Modern Democratic party in a nutshell.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

John Huntsman?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

TEAYCHES posted:

No :bernie: emote yet? Shameful, a pox upon this forums!

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Mo_Steel posted:

No :bernie: emote yet? Shameful, a pox upon this forums!

:bernget:

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Veskit posted:

:bernget:

:smilie:

Mister Mind
Mar 20, 2009

I'm not a real doctor,
But I am a real worm;
I am an actual worm

TEAYCHES posted:

The arrow's pointing to the left now :3:

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

That smiley's very modest, I'd expected it to be :shritlerly: or something.

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 6 hours!

Nessus posted:

That smiley's very modest, I'd expected it to be :shritlerly: or something.

You;re going to give them ideas if you don't stop!

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

The problem with Hillary Clinton is that she's the wife of a previous president, and that she is disingenuous about a lot of things. I think she would be a bad president, but that is only my opinion. We can do better than this hereditary thing.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

TEAYCHES posted:

The problem with Hillary Clinton is that she's the wife of a previous president, and that she is disingenuous about a lot of things. I think she would be a bad president, but that is only my opinion. We can do better than this hereditary thing.

Looks like we can add how "hereditary" works to the List Of Things Teayches Knows Nothing About.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥
Hereditary: land, property, or titles that are passed indirectly between spouses with no blood relation, subject to the outcomes of a democratic process.

• Locked thread