Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
The Run has officially started.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Mega64 posted:

The Run has officially started.

Crap I got to go to work. Can you give you post every massive fail on dragon's run? I want to know.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Shwqa posted:

Crap I got to go to work. Can you give you post every massive fail on dragon's run? I want to know.

Didn't name him Butz or Fartz, the most shameful of fails.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

http://www.twitch.tv/rpglimitbreak has a split screen of all four runs.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
DD managed to fall behind everyone else.

In the intro cutscene.

There are times where trying to apply logic is meaningless.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Fai's mysterious benefactor posted:

I've never played FFV before, but it's a Final Fantasy game, so I bet some of the enemies are snakes. I killed a snake in a Final Fantasy game once and it was carrying gil. What business do snakes have carrying money anyway? Was he going to the inn?

I'll donate $1 for every snake-type enemy GOTTA STAY FAI kills during the Fiesta, up to $100. This includes asps, cobras, pythons, etc. BUT WYRMS ARE NOT SNAKES OK.

I look forward to resting easy knowing that next time I stay at an inn, I won't be sharing a room with a snake.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Okay, I missed the start of the race, but I assume they explained how Chaos works finally? I haven't registered yet because I like the possibility of Chaos, but I don't want it to turn out to be something terrible that leaves me bored for the first several crystals.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
So DD missed the shortcut to Wing Raptor, taking the long way around the room.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Mega64 posted:

So DD missed the shortcut to Wing Raptor, taking the long way around the room.

Seriously, how does a speedrunner not know about that?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
HappySquid opted to get everybody !Focus before hitting Karl Boss, which allowed Darch to climb out of last place!!! Will it help?!

edit: no

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Poque posted:

HappySquid opted to get everybody !Focus before hitting Karl Boss, which allowed Darch to climb out of last place!!! Will it help?!

edit: no

Well, he technically is out of last place!

By, like, half a minute.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
eLmaGus in first place, having beaten Garula, HappySquid and DD still battling it. puwexil is still grinding out levels in Walse Tower.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
DD just wiped to Garula, putting him back where he belongs: Last Place.

RIP (?)

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

the Orb of Zot posted:

DD just wiped to Garula, putting him back where he belongs: Last Place.

RIP (?)

Next run beat him with 1 character alive at 11 HP. That was exciting-ish.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Despite wiping to Garula, DD has managed to get about a minute ahead of puwexil again.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
eLmaGus probably gonna win it.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
DD is well behind now, where he belongs.

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Last second pledge here:

twatter posted:

I #pledge $5 for every SA goon to finish a fiesta for the first time this year, including myself, up to $150.

Please post in the thread when you're done to claim it! Scout's honor, etc.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Reiterpallasch posted:

Last second pledge here:

Please post in the thread when you're done to claim it! Scout's honor, etc.

Does he mean first time runners, or first runs?

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
:5bux: for any goon runner who succeeds, having not had any previous successes (so last year's failures totally count, but not last year's successes).

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

MonsieurChoc posted:

eLmaGus probably gonna win it.

HappySquid had a pretty comfortable lead for a while but now he and eLmaGus are grinding Black Flames.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Out of curiosity, which version are you guys Fiestaing on? I'm using the SNES version with English patch, even though I have a physical copy of the GBA version (it was a bargain-bin purchase which I never actually played), since I have no idea where my GBA ended up.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
GBA ahoy!

I might play iOS if I had it, though.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
I always play my first run on physical hardware, FFV Advance.

Which sucks this year because I'm probably doomed to multiple zerkers. :allears:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

:toot:

my fartz? is locked and waiting

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
GBA, on my trusty Game Boy Micro. I figured I'd go for authenticity since this is my first Fiesta and my first time playing the game.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Final Fantasy Anthology on a slim PS2. :v:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

DD is apparently going to do all the grinding he needs to beat the final boss in world 1, so he'll be behind for a while.

Doesn't he not even really need to grind? I mean Monk gets HP+30%, that should be plenty to keep the other classes safe from Almagest right?

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

GBA, on my trusty Game Boy Micro. I figured I'd go for authenticity since this is my first Fiesta and my first time playing the game.

I hope you stay fai the whole time

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Twelve by Pies posted:

DD is apparently going to do all the grinding he needs to beat the final boss in world 1, so he'll be behind for a while.

What would be the hypothetical point of this even if he did need to grind levels for Exdeath? Is the XP/AP over time really better there than in World 2 or 3?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Twelve by Pies posted:

Doesn't he not even really need to grind? I mean Monk gets HP+30%, that should be plenty to keep the other classes safe from Almagest right?

I'm pretty sure he can't not grind, due to being DD. He always grinds.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

What would be the hypothetical point of this even if he did need to grind levels for Exdeath? Is the XP/AP over time really better there than in World 2 or 3?

It actually is better than in world 2, since the big XP enemies there are solo, instead of groups of 5 like World 1.

The only better source of XP in World 2 is Shield Dragons, which they don't have the ability to kill.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

I wonder when DD will realize he went offline.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

MrAristocrates posted:

I wonder when DD will realize he went offline.

At about level 45

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Shwqa posted:

At about level 45

Which will happen to be far sooner than you'd logically think...

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

eLmaGus now in world 2, puwexil just beat Soul Cannon, and HappySquid in the ruins.

DD still grinding.

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos
If I want to torture my stream regulars by playing the PSX version, what's the best emulator to use? I have a physical copy of Anthologies so I've never had to emulate it before.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Prism posted:

If I want to torture my stream regulars by playing the PSX version, what's the best emulator to use? I have a physical copy of Anthologies so I've never had to emulate it before.

I think it's still ePSXe?

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

FARTZ+ is right after the wind shrine and ready to run!

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

Prism posted:

ePSXe is really, really good and stream-software friendly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Are those Mini Dragons Dragondarch is grinding on worth the two Thunder Rods he has to break to beat each group?

• Locked thread