Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Nihilarian posted:

Are those Mini Dragons Dragondarch is grinding on worth the two Thunder Rods he has to break to beat each group?

They're apparently the best source of experience outside of stuff like the Shield Dragon which they don't have the classes to beat.

He does go grinding on Wild Nakks for money to buy more rods though (even though the Black Flames give more money).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
I did my run on FFV gba with my DSL last year, I couldn't play it on either my SP or Micro due to the cart I ordered not arriving on time. This year, instead of choosing to play that cart, I bought the IOS version because it's on sale :retrogames:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Nihilarian posted:

Are those Mini Dragons Dragondarch is grinding on worth the two Thunder Rods he has to break to beat each group?

At a certain point he should be able to kick them to death.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Twelve by Pies posted:

They're apparently the best source of experience outside of stuff like the Shield Dragon which they don't have the classes to beat.

He does go grinding on Wild Nakks for money to buy more rods though (even though the Black Flames give more money).

Makes sense. Wild Nakks are closer to Karnak for actually buying the rods.

Of course, from what I've heard of this guy, I'm pretty sure that's not the logic.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

To be fair the logic is probably that the Nakks are faster and easier to kill for that party even if Black Flames technically give more money.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Just tuned in, everyone is in World 2 except for DD... who still hasn't picked up Dancer yet. :downs:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

My first FJF got me, if I remember correctly, Thief/Mystic Knight/Ninja/Chemist. I'm figuring that this time, I'll have a bit more of a challenge. :v:

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Can Of Worms posted:

Just tuned in, everyone is in World 2 except for DD... who still hasn't picked up Dancer yet. :downs:

I can't wait to hear someone is in world 3 and he is still grinding :allears:

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010
I just started watching the stream and I looked at DD's two red mages, and I thought "that's odd, can he avoid using dancer?"

It took me a few minutes to realize that he doesn't have Dancer yet.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Also unless you have fortitude of adamantite, do not read the chat, holy poo poo. It's so full of incompetent dragondarch hangers-on that it's mind-rending. :psypop:

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So the FJF will start early of everyone else when the streamers have finished or something?

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So the FJF will start early of everyone else when the streamers have finished or something?

Yes, when all of the streamers finish.

...so, let's just wait for the midnight EST time in nine eight hours. Dragondarch is streaming.

Krysmphoenix fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jun 21, 2015

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Why does DD keep doing save-reset-load cycles? Something about gaming the RNG I guess?

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Mikl posted:

Why does DD keep doing save-reset-load cycles? Something about gaming the RNG I guess?

Yeah, he's manipulating the RNG into giving him a rare battle that's worth a ton of XP.

Airspace
Nov 5, 2010

Krysmphoenix posted:

Yes, when all of the streamers finish.

...so, let's just wait for the midnight EST time in nine eight hours. Dragondarch is streaming.

I'm waiting to do my pre-Wind Crystal prep once the first person goes across the finish line.

Though I guess this means like ten minutes of gameplay and then another six hours of waiting.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
puwexil and HappySquid are more or less head-to-head, and DD I guess is way behind since he doesn't have all three jobs yet. Is eLmaGus ahead or behind puwexil and HappySquid?

Jack Van Burace
Jun 4, 2003

I think ElMagus is ahead of everyone at this point, as they were talking about some kind of Killer Bow activation that gained him a ton of time in addition to him just being further in the game.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Jack Van Burace posted:

I think ElMagus is ahead of everyone at this point, as they were talking about some kind of Killer Bow activation that gained him a ton of time in addition to him just being further in the game.

He got to oneshot Dragon Pod. Who's normally a jerk.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

eLmaGus got the Killer Bow proc on the Dragon Pod which saved him a ton of time, yeah.

DD also mentioned that if you have Beastmaster you can catch Aquathorne and release it against Dragon Pod for a chance at an instant kill, I found this pretty funny considering that someone got banned last year from his chat for telling him to use that strategy against the crystals.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Airspace posted:

I just started watching the stream and I looked at DD's two red mages, and I thought "that's odd, can he avoid using dancer?"

It took me a few minutes to realize that he doesn't have Dancer yet.

The best part is grinding with two red mages is stupid. You want multiple rapid fires. And maybe multiple hp+30%

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Thankfully, DD is finally done grinding.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

:siren: Dragondarch is done grinding :siren:

Serenity Dove
Jan 29, 2008

If I had a Pikachu, it'd probably eat my stuff.
But first more rods! :colbert:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Shwqa posted:

The best part is grinding with two red mages is stupid. You want multiple rapid fires. And maybe multiple hp+30%

Yeah but he needed two Red Mages so he could break two thunder rods, using only one per fight would have put him at risk of getting wiped by Frostbite.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
And because he's DD, he must counter kill Archeoaevis, rather than simply murdering him due to being level 32.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Just tuned in, how is DragonDarch this far behind everyone else? Grinding?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Mirthless posted:

Yeeeeeeeep.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Supremezero posted:

And because he's DD, he must counter kill Archeoaevis, rather than simply murdering him due to being level 32.

To be fair, he probably didn't expect Counter to fail nine times in a row. The chance of that happening is about 0.2%.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Samuel Clemens posted:

To be fair, he probably didn't expect Counter to fail nine times in a row. The chance of that happening is about 0.2%.

Even if it only failed half that many times, it's probably still slower at level 32.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Mirthless posted:

Don't worry DD will catch up because he got all the grinding out of the way already he won't and he will grind again

Edit: hehe DD's is not only ineffective at speed running but also the most boring way to play the game. Oh I'll just grind until I can brute force everything :downs:

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Jun 21, 2015

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Shwqa posted:

Don't worry DD will catch up because he got all the grinding out of the way already he won't and he will grind again

Edit: hehe DD's is not only ineffective at speed running but also the most boring way to play the game. Oh I'll just grind until I can brute force everything :downs:

And then proceed to not brute force everything.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

If you dual wield rods, does the elemental boost stack? How about other elemental boost equipment, like Gaia's Gear and Magus Rod?

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

Nihilarian posted:

If you dual wield rods, does the elemental boost stack? How about other elemental boost equipment, like Gaia's Gear and Magus Rod?

Nope.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

:siren: DRAGONDARCH IS NOW LEAVING WORLD 2 (after nearly 5 hours) :siren:

Nihilarian posted:

Negative, they're the same bit. If you dual wield a rod and break one, though, you DO get the boost on the one you broke.

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 22:06 on Jun 21, 2015

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Nihilarian posted:

Elemental boosts don't stack. They're either present or they aren't. Elemental boosts of different elements from different sources do stack, however. So, an Air Lancet and a Gaia Gear will give that character Air and Earth boosting, but a Sage Staff and a Rune Chime won't boost Holy more than one or the other would.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Update: As DD enters world 2, Magus is already hiding in the moogle cave while Moore burns, and puwexil and Squid both are in Barrier Tower.

Nihilarian posted:

Dual wielding rods does boost the broken rod, I believe. If you're asking if it would be boosted twice, then no, I don't think boosts stack.

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

Kyrosiris posted:

:siren: DRAGONDARCH IS NOW LEAVING WORLD 2 (after nearly 5 hours) :siren:

Godspeed DD! I have no faith in you! :patriot:

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

why did DD just put everyone in the back row?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

gatesealer posted:

why did DD just put everyone in the back row?

For running. For some reason. :iiam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
eLmaGus Clutch victory over the Crystals.

• Locked thread