Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

Rest in peace Excalibur.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Did Excalibur/Primal just poo poo itself?

e: Guess so. Some cutscenes are too awesome for the game to handle.

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

I was in the middle of the post-Bismark cutscene too! :argh:

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug
Hit commence on a trial and server booted me. Glad it's not just me!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Stormgale posted:

Makes all your abilities have a 1.5~ second cast time for 20% extra damage but turns of auto attacks but gives you access to cool other moves

Wow, Bard and Machinist really ARE kind of similar, that's basically Gauss Cannon to a T, isn't it?

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Volt Catfish posted:

Rest in peace Excalibur.

Glad it ain't just me!

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

gently caress we just figured all the S ranks would give ilevel 180 upgrades too, then server dies and RIP all the timers

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler
I am two library runs away from 60, gently caress you game

Popehoist
Feb 5, 2008

There you go rubens, all your fault! You went on the wrong side of the car!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Oh good it's not just me.

I love Ley Lines, i want to cast that fast all the drat time! Thankfully the cooldown is only 90seconds so i almost feel like i can.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Ciaphas posted:

Wow, Bard and Machinist really ARE kind of similar, that's basically Gauss Cannon to a T, isn't it?

I think bard has more abilities dependent on WM than Machinist does on Gauss Barrel

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
RIP lobby server, looks like I'm being forced out of the house.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

ilifinicus posted:

gently caress we just figured all the S ranks would give ilevel 180 upgrades too, then server dies and RIP all the timers

So is the hunt TS starting back up or are people just using guildworks because everyone uses it now?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Can't take you seriously, when you talk about SS the party is now much better, when it pretty much does not stop any damage anymore. Stoneskin is good in exactly one situation: When someone got 10k health and you know there will be a hit for 10,1k. Else it would be just dumb to cast it, because it is expensive like poo poo.

End Game Raiding is by the way not the "bigger picture". Endgame Raiding is the little Freak Show for ~1% of the players. And it was never the point, that Whm can't heal anymore. There was no nerf. But every healer class can do that (and shield much better, too, now even more than before).

That Raw Intuition thing is obviously a ridiculous bug.

What you miss is a comparison. Throwing in single numbers is worthless.

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

Tsurupettan posted:

Can't take you seriously, when you talk about SS the party is now much better, when it pretty much does not stop any damage anymore. Stoneskin is good in exactly one situation: When someone got 10k health and you know there will be a hit for 10,1k. Else it would be just dumb to cast it, because it is expensive like poo poo.

End Game Raiding is by the way not the "bigger picture". Endgame Raiding is the little Freak Show for ~1% of the players. And it was never the point, that Whm can't heal anymore. There was no nerf. But every healer class can do that (and shield much better, too, now even more than before).

source your quotes

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I'm gettin the shakes

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

Evil Fluffy posted:

So is the hunt TS starting back up or are people just using guildworks because everyone uses it now?
guildwork guy isn't doing jack poo poo to update and hasn't since patch 2.3, so have fun on the hunt ts once people stop leveling

Coeurl Marx
Oct 9, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
My friend just hit 50 in black mage last night, and said he'd like to read up on proper rotation/skill usage and stuff (particularly for flare.) I know there were a million posts in the last thread that go into great detail on that, can anyone link me to one or repost it for me?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Don't know about y'all, but I'm spending this downtime calling my dad to wish him a happy father's day :colbert:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Tsurupettan posted:

What?

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
This world is currently full.
Players in queue: 653

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Come on Excalibur get back up already. :f5:

boy are my arms tired
May 10, 2012

Ham Wrangler

ilifinicus posted:

guildwork guy isn't doing jack poo poo to update and hasn't since patch 2.3, so have fun on the hunt ts once people stop leveling

Is there any way I can get aboard that train? I like discovering new things and hunts are fun

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

You know what will bring the servers up faster? Posting about it here!

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/185390-Let-s-talk-about-Hunts-a-detailed-rundown-of-their-assumed-mechanics/ read all about the new hunts

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Fister Roboto posted:

COME ON EXCALIBUR!

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

expansion hot takes on class balance by people who have no idea wtf they're talking about

like the guy who leveled dark to 54 then wrote an essay about how dark would never be used for anything

every new class is bad, and all the old classes are rendered worthless by the new classes

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Random fanart roundup.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

sword_man.gif posted:

expansion hot takes on class balance by people who have no idea wtf they're talking about

like the guy who leveled dark to 54 then wrote an essay about how dark would never be used for anything

every new class is bad, and all the old classes are rendered worthless by the new classes

Except Summoner, who are now literal Gods.

Bow before me mortal.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Oh my god they even got the red Revolutionary caps right in that art. So good.

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

sword_man.gif posted:

link

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

a kitten posted:

Random fanart roundup.

awesome

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

Let me sing you the song of its people.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uNPvUmQ56t0

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
So can someone explain the large-scale temple leves to me? Can they be solo'd? Are they better to do than regular leves if I'm capped out at 100 allowances? Should I save them for alt classes like usual?

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3am9dn/the_state_of_dark_knights_the_unreliable_tank/

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Verranicus posted:

So can someone explain the large-scale temple leves to me? Can they be solo'd? Are they better to do than regular leves if I'm capped out at 100 allowances? Should I save them for alt classes like usual?

They're slightly tougher than single leves, but you can solo them. They're worth about the same XP as 8 single leves, so they're more time-efficient but less allowance-efficient.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

abraham linksys posted:

Don't know about y'all, but I'm spending this downtime calling my dad to wish him a happy father's day :colbert:

sweet min maxing man :cheers: :gamer life: :dads wait till downtime:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

This post loving sucks.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?

ilifinicus posted:

what is the hunt TS address? I'll need to start farming hunts soon and didn't start playing until guildworks was the only thing people said about hunts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Fister Roboto posted:

They're slightly tougher than single leves, but you can solo them. They're worth about the same XP as 8 single leves, so they're more time-efficient but less allowance-efficient.

A lvl 54 temple leve was giving me under 100k xp total while normal ones were giving around 25k. All of them run at +1 level.

They just seem like a way to burn 100 allowances quickly.

• Locked thread