Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe
I'm pretty new to this, and I'm trying to figure out an Affliction based build using Blood/Swords. ATM I'm just using the starting skills, and I have it set up so planting afflictions boosts my penetration and penetrating hits give me healing and damage boosts and things, but I'm a bit stuck on where to go next. I want something good for soloing, and I was thinking maybe getting sword skills from "The Cutting Artist" so I can heal and buff myself when I attack afflicted targets, and "Possession" for blood, so I can use chain attacks and Infection to stack affliction on things. Does this sound like a good idea?

Also, is it possible to make a group tanking build with Sword/Blood? Maybe by using the sword stuff to draw aggro and the blood stuff to heal/barrier myself? Or would I be better off looking into something like Sword/Chaos instead?

Thanks in advance!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Amante posted:

I would be a lot more compelled to come back if there were a semi-active goon cabal or two. Playing with chill goons was a big part of what made me love the game so much in the first place (and I'm probably not the only one). Without a good crew, it just feels kinda... empty.

This is what's stopping me from really doing Tokyo. I'll log in and do a quest or two then close the game. But if it were like the old days with the mumble crew to shoot the poo poo with I'd play longer.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

My Love for You is like a Truck
You guys want a cabal? I created Goonthulhu on Grim. You don't need to be connected to Grim to join the cabal, but it's there if you want to join. PM FlavorTruck and I'll send you an invite. There are several goon-run mumble servers we can choose from. Pick your poison, I guess.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

Flavor Truck posted:

You guys want a cabal? I created Goonthulhu on Grim. You don't need to be connected to Grim to join the cabal, but it's there if you want to join. PM FlavorTruck and I'll send you an invite. There are several goon-run mumble servers we can choose from. Pick your poison, I guess.

I guess I'm too much of a loving newb to create a cabal, someone else do it.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

So there's another item of the month poll. Pubbies once again prove they're loving stupid.

https://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?86611-Vote-for-the-August-Item-of-the-Month!

And I still can't vote :(

Edit: Funcompetence cannot be a cabal name.

New lumi cabal "Gooninati" if anyone cares. Best way to get ahold of me would be through steam (roxormancer) in game EvilBillMurray

Len fucked around with this message at 16:47 on Jun 21, 2015

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Len posted:

So there's another item of the month poll. Pubbies once again prove they're loving stupid.

https://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?86611-Vote-for-the-August-Item-of-the-Month!

And I still can't vote :(

Edit: Funcompetence cannot be a cabal name.

New lumi cabal "Gooninati" if anyone cares. Best way to get ahold of me would be through steam (roxormancer) in game EvilBillMurray

Pubbies want another item that is practically invisible, figures.

alfheimwanderer
Jun 1, 2011

Oh brave new world that hath such people in it...

Gerblyn posted:

I'm pretty new to this, and I'm trying to figure out an Affliction based build using Blood/Swords.

Afflict builds work pretty nicely, actually, especially when you unlock the Gross Anatomy Elite Passive (Blood. Since you're using blades, you'll want Breakdown from "The Value of x" cell of Chaos, since it makes your enemies take more damage with each hit. Synergizes nicely with the blood consumer Bloodshot as well

For tanking, it certainly possible to be a healtank, with sword and blood early on, though its considerably harder once you hit nightmares. Just remember that casting a lot of heals can be a good way to draw aggro too, and you'll probably want the hate boosting passives.

Amante
Jan 3, 2007

Cabals are still faction-specific, right? That makes getting people together a bit more annoying... could go back to using a chat channel or mumble I suppose.

For what it's worth, I'm probably rolling a brand new Dragon char sometime soon.

Amante fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jun 21, 2015

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

Flavor Truck posted:

Just kidding this actually worked and now there's a Goonthulhu cabal if you wanna join. PM me and I'll give you invite priv's :smug:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Which cabal?

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

Goonthulhu

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

If they haven't made cabals cross faction yet just the name does no good. What faction?

orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

HughGRect posted:

Pubbies want another item that is practically invisible, figures.

Not really surprising of course, considering the remains of the TSW "community" turned into an incestuous circlejerk by now. It's the same idiots with the same dumb ideas voting for the same crap over and over.

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

If you're Illuminati, join Goonthulhu

Flavor Truck fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Jun 21, 2015

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

I'd say that cabal name would probably be better suited to Dragon, personally. IMO you should disband it (if you even can), use the one Len created for Lumies and then get whoever is playing Dragon stuff to remake Goonthulhu there. No one cares about the templars :smug:

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

Mercurius posted:

I'd say that cabal name would probably be better suited to Dragon, personally. IMO you should disband it (if you even can), use the one Len created for Lumies and then get whoever is playing Dragon stuff to remake Goonthulhu there. No one cares about the templars :smug:

roll Illuminati or suck my drat balls

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Bitchin'!

Okay so I think I figured out the way to get that last lore in the Bank Heist mission. I need a group of people and we each just wifi connect and shut off drones. Because gently caress doing it properly.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I wish this game wasn't getting signs of life right when ffxiv launched or I'd get more value out of my lifetime sub :saddowns:

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Flavor Truck posted:

Just kidding this actually worked and now there's a Goonthulhu cabal if you wanna join. PM me and I'll give you invite priv's :smug:

Im in as Clause, tried to PM you but you werent online

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

If you're Illuminati and feel like joining a cabal, PM me (FlavorTruck) or Clause for an invite.

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012
Wow, 12 million pax for sprint 5 and 6. Does the motorcycle or running effects grant those upgrades for free? or do I somehow have to sell off some of my loots?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
When you do the motorcycle mission you sprint 6 for free

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

Exmond posted:

When you do the motorcycle mission you sprint 6 for free

Great, a use for those FunBux that have been accumulating. Awesome, thanks.

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

alfheimwanderer posted:

Afflict builds work pretty nicely, actually, especially when you unlock the Gross Anatomy Elite Passive (Blood. Since you're using blades, you'll want Breakdown from "The Value of x" cell of Chaos, since it makes your enemies take more damage with each hit. Synergizes nicely with the blood consumer Bloodshot as well

For tanking, it certainly possible to be a healtank, with sword and blood early on, though its considerably harder once you hit nightmares. Just remember that casting a lot of heals can be a good way to draw aggro too, and you'll probably want the hate boosting passives.

Cool, thanks! Looking at the costs of these abilities, it looks like I have a long road ahead of me...

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Thanks fort he leech advice earlier guys. Will I manage as a main healer or is it more off a DPS/heal mix thing for groups?

Also! Moose's Franken Chopper quest.

:3:

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

poptart_fairy posted:

Thanks fort he leech advice earlier guys. Will I manage as a main healer or is it more off a DPS/heal mix thing for groups?

In my experience as a leech healer, being healed by leech healers, and even being out dps'd by leach healers as a dps. They are capable of running most content as a main healer.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Gerblyn posted:

Cool, thanks! Looking at the costs of these abilities, it looks like I have a long road ahead of me...

If you take a short (9+12+16) point detour into outer wheel Fists, you can pick up Bloodsport (and an interim substitute for Gross Anatomy, Salt in the Wound), which turns everything into an Afflict and absolutely rocks with AoE stuff from Chaos and Blade.

Hef Deezy
Jun 11, 2006

Show no fear. Show no emotion at all.
So this happened to me today.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
hey I am illumanati is there a cabal to join

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

Third World Reggin posted:

hey I am illumanati is there a cabal to join

Yes join Goonthulhu PM me or Clause in-game. I'm FlavorTruck (no spaces)

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Is there a cabal to join on the Illumanati side?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Why is this thread active? Everyone knows Funcom ran off to recreate AO in their "new" engine.

http://massivelyop.com/2015/06/19/anarchy-onlines-long-awaited-engine-upgrade-looks-to-be-coming-soon/

http://massivelyop.com/2015/03/15/the-daily-grind-whats-funcoms-secret-project/

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

Hy_C posted:

Is there a cabal to join on the Illumanati side?

:wtc:

Variable Haircut
Jan 25, 2012

They are making AO into a Lego game?

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.

HughGRect posted:

They are making AO into a Lego game?

I'd play it.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

I was just looking for a cabal to join

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Flavor Truck posted:

Yes join Goonthulhu PM me or Clause in-game. I'm FlavorTruck (no spaces)

Thats the cabal you can join ;). It was one post above your original post.

Edit: Ill be on as Clause at 5:00pm PST, if anyone wants to hop on and do group stuff.

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

Is it for the illuminati?

Flavor Truck
Nov 5, 2007

Come on, daddy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hy_C
Apr 1, 2010

im not ur dad