Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
HOLY poo poo. Magus beat the crystals by Faris being the only survivor of Firaga with 1 HP and taking it out the following turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NBHS
Mar 2, 2012

"I'm here for you. To make children smile, to make profits rise, I am the subservient of the network.

"... did we get all that on tape?"

Supremezero posted:

eLmaGus Clutch-est victory over the Crystals.

There is no more clutch than that. It cannot be done. Math proves this.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
I still don't understand why Elmagus

A. Didn't revive Galuf, one extra attack may have meant the difference for killing a Crystal even if Galuf was going to bite it anyway against Firaga
B. Defended for three straight rounds. Just... defended. Sure I can understand having most of the party defend if you're waiting on someone to Libra or to heal up the crystal, but he full-cycled his team a few times without actually doing anything.

That was an amazing conclusion to the fight though.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Galuf had the Bone Mail to end the following Exdeath fight quickly.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Oh I didn't realize he had that equipped, but that clears that up.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Fartz! is ready. Just beat the wing raptor, bring on the chaos :black101:

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Xad posted:

Fartz! is ready. Just beat the wing raptor, bring on the chaos :black101:

Likewise! And one of those snake things in the tower was kind enough to drop an elixer! :black101:
Off to a good start!

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Figured out a means to play. Party just waiting after breaking that crystal for a robot to tell me what to do,

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Holy poo poo I just woke up and is ddarch grinding the Gil Turtle cave again :psyduck:

While eLmaGus is running the meat castle, even. Cripes.

Ryza
Mar 15, 2012

Disco Thunder
I am also ready and eagerly awaiting chaos.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

I wasn't planning on running this year after gilgabot gave me the least 750 job it could last year (blue Mage, berserker, bard and dancer) but eh, what the hell.

I'll go in for Chaos berserker risk. Does anyone know what Chaos is anyways?

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Randalor posted:

Does anyone know what Chaos is anyways?

Beyond random jobs ordered to minimize freelancer only time, nope. That's probably all it is though.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

"Now the Debt Collector for Magus's failure to grind earlier."

And Magus still won anyway. Not a graceful win, but a win.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Is there a reason to fight Gilgamesh in Exdeath's castle for this run? It's not like you want to be fighting him in the void.

D1Sergo
May 5, 2006

Be sure to take a 15-minute break every hour.
Since Random makes its choices Wind, Wind/Water, Wind/Water/Fire, Wind/Water/Fire/Earth, perhaps Chaos is Wind/Water/Fire/Earth for EVERY choice, sometimes resulting in Earth/Earth/Earth/Earth and making you Freelancer it up for half the game. That'd be nuts.

edit:

Daerc posted:

Beyond random jobs ordered to minimize freelancer only time, nope. That's probably all it is though.

Oh is that known? Nuts to my idea then. Unless.... it picks Wind/Water/Fire/Earth for each crystal but then orders the choices by order of crystal? Who knows.

D1Sergo fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jun 21, 2015

Huzzah!
Sep 15, 2007

Malnutrition is scarier than any beastie.

Poque posted:

Is there a reason to fight Gilgamesh in Exdeath's castle for this run? It's not like you want to be fighting him in the void.

Donation incentive. They also have to get all the legendary weapons even though they don't need them.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

D1Sergo posted:

Oh is that known? Nuts to my idea then. Unless.... it picks Wind/Water/Fire/Earth for each crystal but then orders the choices by order of crystal? Who knows.

That seems to be the running theory, yeah.

Classes will be assigned, though. :getin:

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

D1Sergo posted:

Based off RK's comment here, that is what likely happens.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Huzzah! posted:

Donation incentive. They also have to get all the legendary weapons even though they don't need them.

Oofah, that's rough. Especially since there isn't any benefit for these classes in any of the dungeons beyond the pyramid except maybe Kaiser Knuckles.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
For those not following the stream, DD is nearing the Crystals. Things are sure to get Interesting.

http://www.twitch.tv/rpglimitbreak

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

puwexil just got stuck on Antlion thanks to Dischord halving his level to the point where the monk couldn't physically damage it.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
DD is catching up to squid, who I think has been stuck on exdeath for a while now. Magus is way ahead though, finished with pyramid.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

RIP HappySquid

JamesBCrazy
Jul 1, 2014

Vengeance is a sucker's game.
DD has reached the third world.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Yeah squid is having some awful luck with Exdeath, he's in last place now since DD is in world 3.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

Looks like Squid will probably finish last, unless he gets amazingly lucky in the third world. The biggest question now is whether DD's level advantage will allow him to make up the time difference.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Samuel Clemens posted:

Looks like Squid will probably finish last, unless he gets amazingly lucky in the third world. The biggest question now is whether DD's level advantage will allow him to make up the time difference.

I think DD is going to have a good shot of overtaking Puwexil, to be honest, especially once they get to the Cleft. Don't think there's any way Elmagus loses ground, however.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

Samuel Clemens posted:

No amount of luck is going to make up for being stonewalled by Exdeath for 90+ minutes. Especially when DD is getting basically nothing but Swords Dance off of !dance while Squid is getting nothing but tempting tango with the occassional jitterbug.

DD grinded for 2 hours for comparision and at least won't need to grind for levels for the rest of the game; Squid still has to do the pre-NED grinding and is now just horribly behind.

Magus has this in the bag by a mile, but it's not out of the question for DD to pull ahead to second.

I can see NED ruining Magus over so badly that DD still ecks out a win

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:toot: Squid.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Squid finally got a Sword Dance & finished Exdeath with it! :woop:

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
That exdeath fight was brutal to watch.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Magus making a big mistake trying to berserk Omniscient without a way to deal with his brutal physicals. He'd be much better off just giving his Red Mage the Reflect Ring he got.

EDIT: oh well never mind, Omniscient was doing 0 HP damage to him by the end of the fight, was only half paying attention so not sure how that happened.

E2: vvv Ah that makes sense, didn't know Omniscient was vulnerable to old. Neat.

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Jun 22, 2015

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

Looks like he used the Ancient Sword to inflict old on him. That slowly brings his damage down to a manageable level.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Twelve by Pies posted:

Magus making a big mistake trying to berserk Omniscient without a way to deal with his brutal physicals. He'd be much better off just giving his Red Mage the Reflect Ring he got.

EDIT: oh well never mind, Omniscient was doing 0 HP damage to him by the end of the fight, was only half paying attention so not sure how that happened.

He got protect up and the Ancient Sword landed an Old proc, Omniscient's hits went from 1000+ OHKOs to 0 in the span of a couple minutes.

Magus had ridiculous luck, he had all the Sword Dances Squid was looking for against Exdeath.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.
Squid has spent at least half an hour on just Antlion; his monk is no longer capable of doing ANY damage even with Swords Dance.

AT this rate, poor HappySquid will STILL be doing the tablet dungeons by the time everyone else has beaten NED

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Interesting method magus is using to grind, didn't even know recharging the lamp there was possible.

Thunder Sheep
Apr 3, 2009

Manage to learn some new, cool trick every fiesta.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
"Hey guys, if you physically attack Omniscient before you berserk him, he resets the fight".

Our little dragondarch is growing up so fast. :v:

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Khisanth Magus posted:

Interesting method magus is using to grind, didn't even know recharging the lamp there was possible.

Is "there" somewhere other than the top of Istory Falls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

That room filled with water in the Great Sea Trench.

• Locked thread