Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

ultrafilter posted:

Is "there" somewhere other than the top of Istory Falls?

There's a small indent in the Great Sea Trench you can walk into that recharges the lamp, so most of them have been grinding there.

And DD decided to do Istory Falls before the Trench, and the funny part is Magus is at the Falls too, so people are going to think DD has caught up when in reality he's a dungeon behind. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

Twelve by Pies posted:

There's a small indent in the Great Sea Trench you can walk into that recharges the lamp, so most of them have been grinding there.

And DD decided to do Istory Falls before the Trench, and the funny part is Magus is at the Falls too, so people are going to think DD has caught up when in reality he's a dungeon behind. :v:

It's actually pretty close now.

Magus in first, DD actually not that far behind since he did the grinding earlier and got insane luck, pux in third having just finished grinding, and HappySquid is a dead shell of a squid with absolutely no hope for even pretending to catch up :smith:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Another neat trick this year's Fiesta has taught me: leaving the treasure chest in the Beginner's Hall unopened for the purposes of Chicken Knife boosting.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Another neat trick this year's Fiesta has taught me: leaving the treasure chest in the Beginner's Hall unopened for the purposes of Chicken Knife boosting.
Yeah, I'm gonna quickly restart and leave the box alone. That's super useful later.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

And DD is officially in FIRST thanks to Magus forgetting to buy hi potions before entering the Rift.

His retarded strategy has somehow actually succeeded :psyduck:

EDIT: Scratch that, he FORGOT TO UNSEAL THE REMAINING WEAPONS

:psyboom:

Half of Dracula
Oct 24, 2008

Perhaps the same could be

the Orb of Zot posted:

And DD is officially in FIRST thanks to Magus forgetting to buy hi potions before entering the Rift.

His retarded strategy has somehow actually succeeded :psyduck:

Aaaand right back out because DD forgot the SEALED WEAPONS.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

NOPE! DD forgot to go get the weapons so he has to leave the Rift and go do that!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Holy poo poo :laffo:

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
Holy poo poo, am I glad I decided to watch this stream. :allears:

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Puwexil has retaken 2nd.

This is more intense than a loving formula 1 championship race.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Twelve by Pies posted:

what's this about? I missed it.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Nihilarian posted:

what's this about? I missed it.

Open chest, run away from goblin, lather, rinse, repeat.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
... so Magus just somehow got a SECOND 1 HP CLUTCH

HOW IS THIS A THING

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

gently caress yeah, that Catastrophe kill.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

The GilgaGods have smiled upon eLmaGus this day, surely. :magical:

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I like how Krile keeps shooting Gilgamesh in the dick.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
This final stretch basically relies on whoever has the least bad luck against Necrophobia and NXD for who the winner will be.

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
DD screwed up the frog strat. It doesn't work when you have a Ribbon on, dingus.

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Magus is up to Necro, puwexil is at Twintania, Squid just finished with Leviathan & DD's on Halicarnassus. If Magus' luck holds like it has throughout his run he should be done within an hour, but there's no way he can be that lucky three times in a run...

e: it just might, DD's Wonder Rod missed on an attempted Toading to dodge Giga Flare.

StupidSexyMothman fucked around with this message at 02:39 on Jun 22, 2015

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Ahahahahahahahaha, he loving doubted me last night when I told him to just use the Assassin's Dagger. WHO'S UNRELIABLE NOW! :unsmigghh:

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Kyrosiris posted:

Ahahahahahahahaha, he loving doubted me last night when I told him to just use the Assassin's Dagger. WHO'S UNRELIABLE NOW! :unsmigghh:

He just reset too so he has to do a boss fight all over again in ADDITION to Twintania.

Meanwhile Squid is on the 4th tablet, maybe he'll finish before midnight :smith:

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
Just NED left for Elmagus, he pretty much has 1st place locked in at this point.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Elmagus beat Necrophobe.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
So does the Fiesta start as soon as one finishes or only at midnight?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

the Orb of Zot posted:

He just reset too so he has to do a boss fight all over again in ADDITION to Twintania.

Meanwhile Squid is on the 4th tablet, maybe he'll finish before midnight :smith:

I think they said that the start isn't going to wait for squid to finish, just the others.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Puwexil just beat Necrophobe too!

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Lilli posted:

Just NED left for Elmagus, he pretty much has 1st place locked in at this point.

Not necessarily. Puwexil just beat Necrophobe too. All it would take is for eLmaGus to wipe once.

Detheros
Apr 11, 2010

I want to die.

Kyrosiris posted:

Posted in the IRC but still.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

You have mere minutes to change your reg to chaos risk like Gilgamesh intended.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Almagest part dead for Magus.

All those Sword Dances...

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

eLmaGus beat the Almagest part, so he's probably got it in the bag.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

I have no idea what Chaos is but I switched it to Chaos Risk

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

The Flying Milton posted:

I have no idea what Chaos is but I switched it to Chaos Risk

You've made the right choice.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
NED down.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Elmagus wins!

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Go elmagus :toot:

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
And eLmaGus takes it!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
:siren: eLmaGus has won the race :siren:

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Based eLmaGus, proving his strategy was superior to DD's.

Also he got INSANELY lucky a lot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Called it!

• Locked thread