Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Poor HappySquid is still grinding :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Never seen such SD luck. I want it.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Twelve by Pies posted:

Based eLmaGus, proving his strategy was superior to DD's.

I don't know that that's hard...

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Imagine if Dragondarch hadn't forgotten to activate the final tablet and get the last 3 weapons, or if he had remembered to save after Halicarnassus...

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
Just signed up with Chaos Risk! Haven't played FF5 in a month of Sundays. Just got through pushing through 13-2 and need a good game to wash that poo poo down.

So in about two hours, our Twitter name on the site listings will show us the classes we use, correct?

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

:siren:puwexil has claimed second place:siren: & had to survive a Meteor to do it.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
There's Puwexil in 2nd, which leaves DD for 3rd, and Squid for, uh, killed run?

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!
Puwexil second. DD came surprisingly close to coming in second or even *gasp* first!

forpush
Jan 6, 2006

We don't like it when the city light start fading
When the city lights fading then we can't get down
Chaos is definitely a run where one could be assigned all 4 jobs from the same crystal right? This is the only thing i can think of that makes sense given the wording on the website.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Haven't played in forever and only beat it once.

Don't remember what's where in...Karnak? Whatever the city is on a timer.

But I just did the wind shrine and I'm ready to go!

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I only registered Random and Berserker Risk. Still got a chance of having a three Zerk team though and that's good enough for me.

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

FairGame posted:

Haven't played in forever and only beat it once.

Don't remember what's where in...Karnak? Whatever the city is on a timer.

But I just did the wind shrine and I'm ready to go!

Ribbon in one of the boxes on the first floor out of the prison, Main Gauche and Elf Mantle isolated in the two towers, Esuna right near the exit.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
DD just finished, does that mean fiestas can now begin?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Lilli posted:

HappySquid's got like 2 hours to go, so no.

Maybe only 1 hour.

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
No, happysquid is out. Jobs should be dropping any time now.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Gotta get my new speedrun category off the ground, so cmon Gilgabot.

the Orb of Zot
Jun 25, 2013

Apport: the Orb of Zot
The orb shrieks as your magic touches it!
Yoink! You pull the item towards yourself.
You see here the Orb of Zot.

Lilli posted:

Yeah, because HappySquid is now DepressedSquid and is thus disqualified by default. :smith:

I'm going to wait for him to finish before starting out of courtesy :unsmith:

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
Jobs should be out in 20 minutes or so, per Gilgabot.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

the Orb of Zot posted:

Yeah, because HappySquid is now DepressedSquid and is thus disqualified by default. :smith:

I'm going to wait for him to finish before starting out of courtesy :unsmith:

Yeah I feel kind of bad for the guy, he had a really lovely series of exdeath fights.

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

I NEED JOBS

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Lilli posted:

Yeah I feel kind of bad for the guy, he had a really lovely series of exdeath fights.

Less lovely exdeath, more being stuck on Omniscient for god drat ever.

I mean, lovely exdeath probably killed the run, but Omniscient was just a dick move.

Wolverine Tamer
Jul 29, 2013
The wait is killing me, my god.

Edit: "DISTRIBUTING BERSERKERS. PLEASE WAIT."
Yesssssssssssss

Wolverine Tamer fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jun 22, 2015

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

quote:

DISTRIBUTING BERSERKERS. PLEASE WAIT.
Aaaaaaaaaaaah.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.
OK, wow, 200+ new posts since I signed off last night. Can I assume that DD's "strategies" provided the bulk of the commentary? Is there a consensus on what his "best" move was?

Dammit, why do I work a Sun-Thurs shift? Before next year's fiesta, I'm applying for a different shift.

Jueg01
Jan 26, 2015
Make it rain BERSERKERS. :unsmigghh: :black101: :unsmigghh:

Bargain bin Laden
Nov 2, 2006

See how pathetic I am?
Gaaaahhhhh hurry hurry hurry

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

Wolverine Tamer posted:

The wait is killing me, my god.

Edit: "DISTRIBUTING BERSERKERS. PLEASE WAIT."
Yesssssssssssss

:o:

THE TIME IS UPON US

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Bufuman posted:

OK, wow, 200+ new posts since I signed off last night. Can I assume that DD's "strategies" provided the bulk of the commentary? Is there a consensus on what his "best" move was?

Dammit, why do I work a Sun-Thurs shift? Before next year's fiesta, I'm applying for a different shift.

Well, he forgot to go get the legendary weapons. Which dropped him from neck in neck-ish for 1st to third place.

Jack Van Burace
Jun 4, 2003

Got my Fartz? waiting outside the wind shrine, now let the painful wait begin. Will we know how many berserkers we have immediately?

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

Bufuman posted:

Define "best". If you mean "the one that backfired most spectacularly", it was banking on the Wonder Wand's Break to kill Twintania (which failed the first time and cost him a good five minutes and possibly the second place spot). If you mean "the one that is horribly stupid but actually didn't go as badly as we expected", it was grinding to endgame levels in W1 off a bunch of Mini Dragons and Nakks.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

KataraniSword posted:

Define "best". If you mean "the one that backfired most spectacularly", it was banking on the Wonder Wand's Break to kill Twintania (which failed the first time and cost him a good five minutes and possibly the second place spot). If you mean "the one that is horribly stupid but actually didn't go as badly as we expected", it was grinding to endgame levels in W1 off a bunch of Mini Dragons and Nakks.

I was thinking in terms of "the move that caused the most facepalms", but those work too. :allears:

Bargain bin Laden
Nov 2, 2006

See how pathetic I am?
Oh he's serious now, it's in larger font and bold.

How long does it take to distribute berserkers dammit !

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Bargain bin Laden posted:

Oh he's serious now, it's in larger font and bold.

How long does it take to distribute berserkers dammit !

1 hour.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

At your own peril.

drat, really? I was thinking it'd be like 5-10 minutes. I'm not sure I can take the suspense. :negative:

I'm up for Chaos Berserker Risk, and with almost 200 extra 'Zerkers, I have a decent shot of getting two. :ohdear:

Bargain bin Laden
Nov 2, 2006

See how pathetic I am?

Bufuman posted:

drat, really? I was thinking it'd be like 5-10 minutes. I'm not sure I can take the suspense. :negative:

That's what I was thinking... Power nap time I suppose

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Bufuman posted:

I was thinking in terms of "the move that caused the most facepalms", but those work too. :allears:

Oh, that would probably be him using Aim on Omniscient without berserking him first. :haw:

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

All set and ready to go.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

Twelve by Pies posted:

Oh, that would probably be him using Aim on Omniscient without berserking him first. :haw:

Edward_Tohr posted:

"Hey guys, if you physically attack Omniscient before you berserk him, he resets the fight".

Our little dragondarch is growing up so fast. :v:

I was laughing for a good 5 minutes at that.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I guess I should post a picture of my Fartz for posterity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KingEffingFrost
Jul 9, 2011

Extreme corset action!
Distributing Berserkers is all well and good but... what about distributing Chaos rules?! The suspense can be cut with a (chicken) knife

• Locked thread