Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Eimi posted:

Whelp...having gotten 58 and to test Blizzard IV some. It's awful. The timing does not play nice with procs at all. Get more than 2 and you risk losing Enochian. Blizzard IV is also a long cast time so you have to bear that in mind too. It's damned inconvenient. Not looking forward to Fire IV for more micromanaging of timers, procs, and movement, especially when by virtue of being .5 longer than your normal casts the IV's make movement even worse. Unless there is something ludicriously amazing about Fire IV, it's look forward to 3.1 time for blms.

Are you actually this guy http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/3am9dn/the_state_of_dark_knights_the_unreliable_tank/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
if you dislike a thing, you're probably autistic.

Niton
Oct 21, 2010

Your Lord and Savior has finally arrived!

..got any kibble?
So, tank chocobos are amazing now. My 7 Def/ 9 Healer / 10 Offense chocobo just tanked a same level boss fate!

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

You should try actually making a point in the future instead of braying out "LOLLLLL R U A ST00PID REDIT MAN???".

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm not going to have time to play the story for like 3 weeks, so can someone just let me know if the Scions are actually dead or not?

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

I've been too busy chasing the story quest to level dark so no. And while I can agree in most ways it's a lot of they changed it now it sucks, they did take away most of why I enjoyed black mage in the first place, namely that it was by and large simple and uncomplicated. Maybe I'm just a scrub, but blm was a nice simple job in a game full of a lot of complicated ones. :shrug:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

You should try actually making a point in the future instead of braying out "LOLLLLL R U A ST00PID REDIT MAN???".

eh, it's sunday, that's way too much :effort:

dreffen
Dec 3, 2005

MEDIOCRE, MORSOV!

Countblanc posted:

if you dislike a thing, you're probably autistic.

:agreed:

biopanda
Sep 28, 2007

biopanda posted:

I'm really trying to figure out how to increase the NPC dialogue box text. I'm having to strain my eyes to read it as is, and I've been getting really bad headaches. (I had it bigger before, but lost my settings when my drive failed)

Posting for new page because I can't play until I figure out how to fix this.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
The lvling was alright in till I ran out of quests at lvl 55.

Mulva
Sep 13, 2011
It's about time for my once per decade ban for being a consistently terrible poster.

Blockhouse posted:

looking at drks and wars poo poo damage and actually survive taking hits makes me question my choice of playing DPS

Dark Knights generally risk something to keep up DPS, and if it goes wrong it really goes wrong.

Wars are loving insane right now though, yeah.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
guys help i am having a crisis

now that leveling is actually not hilariously obnoxiously fast i'm wondering if i should actually level as a DRK to 60 or if I should go back to MNK

on the one hand DRK is fun and I enjoy tanking with it, on the other hand I really also like MNK and the new skills address most of the problems I have with them

that being said i feel like at this point dps will be in higher demand than anything else for statics since loving everyone is leveling a tank

help what do i do

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

ActionZero posted:

Is there any point to using Ruin 3 right now? 40 more potency than Ruin for 6 times the cost. I know Dreadwyrm Trance is going to lower the MP cost a ton but right now I've got a cool looking spell that would run me dry of mp so fast. Guess for solo fights in the field I can use it cause fights aren't long and I can regen between them but for boss fights it seems like a trap.

Ruin 3 is meant to be used during the Dreadwyrm Trance part of your rotation. You don't have the tools to make use of it yet.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

WOW thanks for the spoilers jerk

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
EDIT: Doublepost

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

ApplesandOranges posted:

WOW thanks for the spoilers jerk

It was their boring story that actually killed them off.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
So I realized I (probably?) never entered my actual Heavensward code and had just been using the preorder one from GMG. Well I typed it in on the mog station and it says the code has already been redeemed and is thus invalid. I currently have no confirmation circle next to Heavensward on my account page, does that mean I'm just completely hosed in a few hours if I don't spend another $40?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
You don't have your Heavensward code yet. That's just your preorder code. They haven't sent out the final codes. Preorder codes are valid for playing with until like the 27th too.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Are you sure? The email lists two codes, one of which is listed as a preorder and the other as a "game activation code". Either way knowing I'm fine until the 27th means I'll just have some chill for a while, thanks.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames

Tenzarin posted:

It was their boring story that actually killed them off.

This gimmick of yours still isn't funny, hth.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...

Countblanc posted:

Are you sure? The email lists two codes, one of which is listed as a preorder and the other as a "game activation code".

Maybe they sent you a different email than everyone else. The only people who have Heavensward circles are Steam people as far as I know. Everyone else is waiting until release day for their codes. My GMG order email only has one code and that seems to be the norm.

Early Access Details:

quote:

Early access will end on Saturday, June 27, 2015 at 12:01 a.m. in the time zone for the registered account’s region. Please register the full registration code/promotion code for FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward before this time to continue playing after the Early Access period.

DemonMage fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Jun 22, 2015

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Tenzarin posted:

The lvling was alright in till I ran out of quests at lvl 55.

I'm 70% of the way to 59 and I still have some to finish up in different zones. I've run the vault a handful of times though. And LLDR/Trial when able. You missed a bunch of quests somewhere if you ran out at 55 I think.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Evil Fluffy posted:

I'm 70% of the way to 59 and I still have some to finish up in different zones. I've run the vault a handful of times though. And LLDR/Trial when able. You missed a bunch of quests somewhere if you ran out at 55 I think.

I ran out at 55 and 57, and now 58. 58 is the worst since im still at about 50% so Ive got a bunch of dungeons to run. 55/57 were at least at 80%ish.

I went to every area to check for quests each time.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Dark Knight Supremacy

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

KoB posted:

I ran out at 55 and 57, and now 58. 58 is the worst since im still at about 50% so Ive got a bunch of dungeons to run. 55/57 were at least at 80%ish.

I went to every area to check for quests each time.

How can they not figure out 50-60 exp < all the new quests exp? The gaps are just bad gameplay. I guess they are planning people to take 4 weeks of running duty finder for bonus exp.

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 06:19 on Jun 22, 2015

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Tenzarin posted:

How can they not figure out 50-60 exp < all the new quests ecp? The gaps are just bad gameplay. I guess they are planning people to take 4 weeks of running duty finder for bonus exp.

They straight up said that you couldn't get from 50-60 through MSQ alone. You couldn't do that from 1-50, I'm not sure why you didn't expect it to be the same here.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
People who suck at leveling ITT.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013

Kitfox88 posted:

Dark Knight Supremacy

If you dark arts Power Slash without grit you can pull off tanks if they're not careful, the enmity it generates is loving enormous. I went from Green aggro to Red aggro in one move on Ramuh.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Holy poo poo this insane anime fight against the fish monsters in patch 2.2 is one of the best cutscenes I've ever seen in an MMO

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde

abraham linksys posted:

Holy poo poo this insane anime fight against the fish monsters in patch 2.2 is one of the best cutscenes I've ever seen in an MMO

Do all of the Hildibrand quests

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

Welcome to FF14. It only gets better from there.

Also, the -10% damage debuff from the DRK's Reprisal stacks with the WAR's Storm's Path.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

LEVIABEETUS :allears:

Seriously I can't believe the cutscenes and dialogue got so much better after the original story quests. Like, they weren't awful originally, but I guess the number of quests and the speed at which they wrote the dialogue made it harder to inject a lot of personality like the rest of this stuff has had

Mr. Trampoline
May 16, 2010
So the tooltips for Ninja's new enmity skills are really bad. After using Smoke Screen in a dungeon when a party member accidentally drew aggro and found it did not have the effect I thought it would had, I went to the source at a Japanese FF14 database. Shadewalker's tooltip is rather obtuse and unclear, and Smoke Screen's tooltip is outright wrong.

Smoke Screen: Does not reduce enmity of target party member, instead it reduces enmity generated.
Shadewalker: Transfers 80% of the enmity you generate to target party member.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
outright reducing enmity would be really prone to abuse is probably the reasoning there

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

Also, the -10% damage debuff from the DRK's Reprisal stacks with the WAR's Storm's Path.

Between that and dark passenger being off the GCD I think maybe people don't like DRK because the don't understand the brand new class. It's quite shocking.

That being said, I have yet to see a good machinist in my path while leveling DRK, and I have to ask if the class is fundamentally not good or if it's just the players. I don't know which one it is because I only did the level 30 machinst quest and decided it wasn't for me, so I can't even tell if the machinists I get are doing it wrong or what.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

Is there a way to report people in this game? Had some rear end in a top hat healer in this Leviathan fight I just did who left when he realized most of us were new and called us faggots on the way out. We kicked him for harassment, so hopefully dude gets punished in some way for being a jerk :mad:

Even though like 6 of us were new, we managed to finish it just fine on our second try with some occasional coaching from me (who apparently was the only one who thought to google a guide). That was a cool fight, glad it wasn't as tricky as King Moggle Mog was though.

e: fwiw my coaching was on the level of "we should probably get those adds" and "someone should probably tank the tail so we don't lose a healer," not trying to humblebrag about my pro strats

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 07:16 on Jun 22, 2015

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Yeah so remember how I was wingeing hard about what class to level while doing the MSQ, unsure if it would be DRK, DRG, SMN, or MCH?

After doing the 50 job quest, uh yeah it's gonna be DRK. I gotta know where this is gonna go :stare:

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

abraham linksys posted:

Is there a way to report people in this game? Had some rear end in a top hat healer in this Leviathan fight I just did who left when he realized most of us were new and called us faggots on the way out. We kicked him for harassment, so hopefully dude gets punished in some way for being a jerk :mad:

Even though like 6 of us were new, we managed to finish it just fine on our second try with some occasional coaching from me (who apparently was the only one who thought to google a guide). That was a cool fight, glad it wasn't as tricky as King Moggle Mog was though.

e: fwiw my coaching was on the level of "we should probably get those adds" and "someone should probably tank the tail so we don't lose a healer," not trying to humblebrag about my pro strats

I can count the number of people who acted badly towards me and my friends on one hand in our time queueing with pubbies, so it's definitely not the norm to run across those people.

Also levi is one of my favorite fights because of the music and because the hard mode is bowling without the bumpers. It's a fantastic way to increase difficulty via mechanics instead of just "boss has more health and hits harder" like a lot of really uninspired design from other games I've seen.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

abraham linksys posted:

Take a screenshot of the chat log and send in a GM ticket.

I think you'll find that that sort of player is in the minority, and the rest are more helpful than not, if only for a chance to get those sweet commendations at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Are there many/any new cross-classable skills?

• Locked thread