Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
Had to hit level 20, but beat Liquid Flame.

My reward is...

Dragoon!

Guess no three Berserker run this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011
wait, dammit.

This means Sandworm and Sol Cannon with four Berserkers.

yay?

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'
http://fourjobfiesta.com/players.php?player=LaserSharkDFB

Second job Red Mage. Uh... at least I'll have heals? :sweatdrop:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

For the second year in a row, I am going Knight/Berserker.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!
http://fourjobfiesta.com/players.php?player=DaercSA

BM, Chemist and Doubleserker

It could be a hell of a lot worse.

Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

MrAristocrates posted:

I got Samurai for my fire job, which means I get to fight Sandworm with four Berserkers.

:suicide: :suicide: :suicide:

Wait, did you get Berserkers for the first two as well? poo poo, we should check our Earth jobs and see if we got the same party.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
First job for my first time ever through FFV is... Thief. How bad is this? I honestly have no idea :ohdear:

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

MrAristocrates posted:

holy poo poo, gently caress you liquid flame

Don't you just love when things are entirely at the mercy of the RNG? :v:

Speaking of....

I can't get to Crescent fast enough.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

Berserker for Water, but that was pretty obvious given I'm a Risk player. So, question. I'm assuming that until I can get Death Sickles, my Berserkers are better off using Barehanded than any of the axes I can buy, yes?

Wait, is this true? I've been buying axes and hammers all this time.

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Mikl posted:

First job for my first time ever through FFV is... Thief. How bad is this? I honestly have no idea :ohdear:

no back attacks ever, runs fast on the field, you can !Flee anything, and they're pretty fast little goobers for chucking items

it's not the worst

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Mikl posted:

Garula is going to be hell. But thieves have a lot of nice quality of life improvements, guaranteed escapes are great, as is immunity to back attacks, plus you can steal a lot of really nice things. People bash on thieves and say they're terrible but they're actually pretty good...just the start is going to be really rough.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

Wait, is this true? I've been buying axes and hammers all this time.

I'm not sure, that's why I asked. But it seems to make sense to me. Barehanded gives them two attacks, with a chance of critical hit, plus fists don't have the awful accuracy of hammers/axes. I guess the only downside is that fists don't have the defense-quartering property of the weapons but at the beginning of the game most enemies have low/no defense anyway so it shouldn't be an issue. But I wasn't sure if there was some exception, like maybe I want to have an axe at Byblos or something.

Twelve by Pies fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Jun 22, 2015

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Final Chaos party makeup: Time Mage, Ninja, Ninja, Ranger.

judgementbringer
Oct 9, 2012
Well I guess it's not all bad. No triple zerk though. http://fourjobfiesta.com/players.php?player=judgmentbringer

This still means I'm going to have to beat Sandworm with four berserkers though. :suicide:

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

Twelve by Pies posted:

Garula is going to be hell. But thieves have a lot of nice quality of life improvements, guaranteed escapes are great, as is immunity to back attacks, plus you can steal a lot of really nice things. People bash on thieves and say they're terrible but they're actually pretty good...just the start is going to be really rough.

make sure you get daggers from the skeletons at the ship graveyard

FeatherFloat
Dec 31, 2003

Not kyuute
Cleaning Garula's clock with four freelancers was laughably easy. And now my second job is zerk, too.

http://fourjobfiesta.com/players.php?player=lampdevil

Here goes nothin'.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Chaos/Risk does not gently caress around.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

First time playing through the game and I got black mage for my first job, should be pretty smooth.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

http://fourjobfiesta.com/players.php?player=hellioning

Never used beastmaster before. This is gonna be a challenge.

berenzen
Jan 23, 2012

Getting going on my first FFV run ever. First job looks likes it's black mage, which apparently is pretty good?

Recycling Centerpiece
Apr 28, 2005

Turn around
Grimey Drawer
Oh hey you can heal in Faris's cabin in the beginning of the Ship Graveyard

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Oh poo poo, if I'm playing on iOS, does that mean I'll be unable to beat the sandworm? Or have they changed the berserker targeting from "attack the first enemy on the list, which is the sandworm hole" to actual random targeting?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I've got black mage, blue mage, and mystic knight for the first 3 jobs so I guess I am locked into a second run where I will be punished.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Sworder posted:

Oh hey you can heal in Faris's cabin in the beginning of the Ship Graveyard

You sure can! Team White Mage will be taking full advantage of that to grind in that area.

Jack Van Burace
Jun 4, 2003

My team so far is Black Mage, Berserker, Bard. I'm not really familiar with Bard in this game, is there anything in particular I should do to make it effective? I know to play all the pianos, at least.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
BM and Berserker sounds like fun. gotta go to sleep, will hopefully unlock both other jobs tomorrow.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

Jack Van Burace posted:

My team so far is Black Mage, Berserker, Bard. I'm not really familiar with Bard in this game, is there anything in particular I should do to make it effective? I know to play all the pianos, at least.

That and don't miss Mana's Paean when you come back to the Ancient Library in world 3.

no country for old men 2
Jun 10, 2010
First time through the game in like, 10 years. Garula was a capital bitch with 4 black mages. Chugged enough potions, made it through, rolled... time mage. As someone who never used mages before, this is really outside the ol' comfort zone.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Jack Van Burace posted:

Get all the songs and the legendary harp, put !Black on as a secondary, and you're good to go.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Let it begin. :unsmigghh::

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How do you beat Liquid Flame with all beserkers?

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

Same way you beat anything else with all berserkers.

Just keep on reloading until the RNG decides to take pity.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

How do you beat Liquid Flame with all beserkers?

I did it at level 20 all around with Mythril Daggers.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Beastmaster is much better than I'd ever given them credit for, having never actually played them until now.

Sure hope my final job is something decent, though...

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Trasson posted:

I did it at level 20 all around with Mythril Daggers.

I see. Where is the best place to grind for exp in that area? Inside the fire ship?

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
So it looks like I got Time Mage as my first job on Chaos Run. I'll get everything started in the morning. It's been years since I've played this game, and I've never finished it, but here goes!

TiredDaemon
Jul 14, 2006

Xythar, Kill: Spoonsy, ##Vote: TiredDaemon

Kyrosiris posted:

Let it begin. :unsmigghh::

I see your geomancer and berserker and raise you 2 berserkers.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

The Flying Milton posted:

Summoner, 'zerker. Wooh!

High five SummonerZerker buddy. Feels good rolling Freelancers all the way through Garula. Feels sad to hang up my Healing Staff, Katana, Whip, and Bell. The axe gets to stay.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

No quadzerker for Fartz this year:

I got 2 Berserkers, a White Mage, and a Black Mage my first last year. Can't wait to overlook important spells/items this time. Sleep for now, though!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Poor Ygmir and Asiina. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Kyrosiris posted:

Poor Ygmir and Asiina. :(

We both have the same team.

Pray for us.

• Locked thread