Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Woolie Wool
Jun 2, 2006

Poizen Jam posted:

Edit: MX Master is $100 :gonk: I guess paying for DPI adjustment on the fly has its costs.

My $40 refurbished Razer Taipan can switch among 5 preset DPI settings, and even my $8 E-Blue mouse has a button that toggles 400, 800, and 1600 dpi modes.

Poizen Jam posted:

Still have a 2nd gen G15 and my ole' Antec 900 case to ditch as soon as possible.

PM me if you're going to toss it instead of selling it, I want the screws and other hardware from it for my own Antec Nine Hundred.

Woolie Wool fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jun 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash Rose
Sep 3, 2011

Where is Megaman?

In queer, with us!
I have a Razer Deathadder that I have loved using for a long time but it seems the mouse wheel has sunk in and stopped working, I quite like the shape of the mouse but I never really use the side buttons and I feel like I am kinda done fiddling with cords, are there any mice with a similar hump/size that is Bluetooth and affordable?

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life
My Logitech G9 has a bum scroll wheel now. :negative: Used it for both work and gaming - now need to find a replacement. :(

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013
The USB port on my 5ish years old Logitech G700 is dying, sometime disconnecting the mouse with is quite annoying.
I use the cable at all time because it chew trough the battery way too quickly otherwise.

I bought a Mionix Naos 7000 thinking I would enjoy a palm grip but I actualy hate this, though the length of the mouse is nice and it otherwise flawless.

The Razer Ouroboros seems nice with its adjustable lentgh but it seems to have the same battery issues than the G700 and add to that the notorious Razer reliability.

What other wired mouse has a logitech like reliability and build quality and is about 130mm long ?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Why not buy a set of rechargeables to swap? I gave up on the dual-use of the g700 and spent 12$ on a pack of rechargeables to be wireless all the time. The wire was a nice feature but ultimately impractical with how often you're plugging in to recharge.

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

Marklar posted:

My Logitech G9 has a bum scroll wheel now. :negative: Used it for both work and gaming - now need to find a replacement. :(

Logitech (at least in the US) is very nice. If you really love your G9, ring 'em up and see what they can do.

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Molten Llama posted:

Logitech (at least in the US) is very nice. If you really love your G9, ring 'em up and see what they can do.

Yeah I have an outstanding ticket with them for now. Is calling better?

I picked up a G502 before realizing that I only bought the G9x two years ago (it feels like 10 and I don't know why). I've only had it a couple of days, but my hand feels a little uncomfortable, though I know it may just take time to get used to it. I have large hands, and I feel like it could be a tad bigger - longer and wider. But as I need to use it for work and gaming, I felt that it had a good combination of features that I'd enjoy for both - good scroll wheel, not a ton of buttons on the side, a light I can turn off, and great resolution. I half considered buying two mice, but that feels like overkill.

Calidus
Oct 31, 2011

Stand back I'm going to try science!

Molten Llama posted:

They are out them when mine died a few months ago, they didn't even have replacement parts. They offered to replace it with a G700 but I asked for G502 and they were OK with that.

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

So, my Xornet died (and is now $50 rather than a cushy $20) and then my Sharkk died -- on my quest for cheap mice, I grabbed a Sentey Nebulus SP. It's actually not bad! Problem is, with my tiny baby hands it feels juuust a smidge too wide so that my usual index-left middle-right palm grip isn't too comfortable; instead, my grip settles so that my middle is on the scroll and my ring is on the right, going from two to three fingers. Is that like, a common enough grip that I can just get used to, or should I look for a thinner mouse?

Winks
Feb 16, 2009

Alright, who let Rube Goldberg in here?
The middle mouse button on my G700s has gone mushy and the next step is dead, rip. I wish Logitech would give it an update like the others in the gaming line.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Feminition posted:

So, my Xornet died (and is now $50 rather than a cushy $20) and then my Sharkk died -- on my quest for cheap mice, I grabbed a Sentey Nebulus SP. It's actually not bad! Problem is, with my tiny baby hands it feels juuust a smidge too wide so that my usual index-left middle-right palm grip isn't too comfortable; instead, my grip settles so that my middle is on the scroll and my ring is on the right, going from two to three fingers. Is that like, a common enough grip that I can just get used to, or should I look for a thinner mouse?
Xornet is still $20 on amazon. I bought one the other day and checked the price before posting this reply.

It's an okay mouse, but some of the button positioning makes little sense to me. Like, scroll wheel is so far back that I have to curl up my finger to use it, but m5 is so far forward that I have to compromise my grip to hit it. I don't really get it. I can understand one or the other happening due to mismatched hand size, but with one of those you'd expect your hand to be small and with the other you'd expect it to be too big. It's also not really high enough, especially in the front. The g100s/zowie mico are effectively taller mice by a noticeable margin when you actually grip them, and they are my examples of tiny mice. I can use both of those despite having average-maybe big size hands, and I can use the xornet fine after some practice as long as I don't use m5.

It also has the unfortunate design decision of putting the sensor far back in the mouse relative to where it is held, similar to the 3/300 series logitech mice, which makes it pretty unusable in fps games for me.

If your hand fits it well and how you move the mouse doesn't care about sensor position then it's great. I mean honestly, all the hardware aspects of it are great. I can use it fine for general use and other genres. It's mostly design decisions that are making it definitely not my favorite mouse.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jun 22, 2015

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I got a Logitech G402 as a warranty replacement for a G400 and don't care for it at all. I tend to grip the mouse with my fingertips only and this mouse is just bad for that, it's uncomfortable and the buttons are in locations that just don't work well. I don't like the weighting and it's ugly too.

Has anyone out there had similar gripes and found something better?

VVV Thanks, I'll pick over those. Wish I could try in person.

Mozi fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Jun 22, 2015

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Mozi posted:

I got a Logitech G402 as a warranty replacement for a G400 and don't care for it at all. I tend to grip the mouse with my fingertips only and this mouse is just bad for that, it's uncomfortable and the buttons are in locations that just don't work well. I don't like the weighting and it's ugly too.

Has anyone out there had similar gripes and found something better?

I have small hands so keep that in mind. 7 inches or so from middle finger to wrist.

For fingertip I liked Roccat Kone Pure Military, Corsair m45/65, and g302/303(weird shape, I didn't like it but it was sufficiently small). You could also try the Zowie FK2 or ZA2.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010
So I hope this is the right place to ask for help.

I think I need a new mouse. I am currently using the Logitech MX518. It is a great mouse, but I just built a new computer and think I need a new one. There is no justification other than, I want a new one.

Been looking for a ambidextrous mouse because I miss being able to use my left hand to mouse while gaming, to access the 10 key with ease. My search has led me to this mouse. Interested in the Avior, not so much the Mionix. Is that a good mouse? It is a company I have never heard of.

Hell, let me know if I should even be buying a new mouse. I'm pretty much at a loss, battling my own thoughts.

Thanks

Srebrenica Surprise
Aug 23, 2008

"L-O-V-E's just another word I never learned to pronounce."

Marklar posted:

Yeah I have an outstanding ticket with them for now. Is calling better?
I've heard from two different people that Logitech hasn't actually ever responded to their email support in addition to having that experience myself so unless you want to wait months for the Legendary Logitech Customer Support Experience of having your product maybe replaced eventually under the terms of the warranty, I'd suggest calling instead.

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life

Srebrenica Surprise posted:

I've heard from two different people that Logitech hasn't actually ever responded to their email support in addition to having that experience myself so unless you want to wait months for the Legendary Logitech Customer Support Experience of having your product maybe replaced eventually under the terms of the warranty, I'd suggest calling instead.

Thanks. I actually filled out a ticket online, and did get an email back. They're willing to replace my G9x, but only with either the 302, 402, or 600. I don't even know if I can try any of those out at stores near me. And I have big hands.... not that the G9x was huge but something about the shape of it was really great. Not sure which one to pick.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Fixit posted:

So I hope this is the right place to ask for help.

I think I need a new mouse. I am currently using the Logitech MX518. It is a great mouse, but I just built a new computer and think I need a new one. There is no justification other than, I want a new one.

Been looking for a ambidextrous mouse because I miss being able to use my left hand to mouse while gaming, to access the 10 key with ease. My search has led me to this mouse. Interested in the Avior, not so much the Mionix. Is that a good mouse? It is a company I have never heard of.

Hell, let me know if I should even be buying a new mouse. I'm pretty much at a loss, battling my own thoughts.

Thanks

Avoid the Avior/Naos 8200 series, they are lovely laser mice. Take a look at the Avior 7000 instead, basically exactly the same except with a good optical sensor.

The Avior 7000 is an OKAY mouse. Good sensor, software does the job. The main issues is that it has a kind of weird shape, it's very tall in the back so it may press into your palm. The side buttons are also laid out in a kind of awkward position.

I much prefer the Naos version, but as you're looking for an amidex that doesn't really help you. I don't really have any good recommendations for ambidex mice these days unfortunately. Zowie's are fairly popular but I haven't used any of the newer models to tell if they've improved in the areas I didn't like them in before. EVGA X5 is one that I've seen come up a few times but I've no personal experience with it.

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Avoid the Avior/Naos 8200 series, they are lovely laser mice. Take a look at the Avior 7000 instead, basically exactly the same except with a good optical sensor.

The Avior 7000 is an OKAY mouse. Good sensor, software does the job. The main issues is that it has a kind of weird shape, it's very tall in the back so it may press into your palm. The side buttons are also laid out in a kind of awkward position.

I much prefer the Naos version, but as you're looking for an amidex that doesn't really help you. I don't really have any good recommendations for ambidex mice these days unfortunately. Zowie's are fairly popular but I haven't used any of the newer models to tell if they've improved in the areas I didn't like them in before. EVGA X5 is one that I've seen come up a few times but I've no personal experience with it.

Thanks for the heads up! And thank you for putting me on a better track of mouse. The X5 is far more cheaper than the other mice I have been looking at which really helps convincing the wifey. Will keep a hunting.

Welmu
Oct 9, 2007
Metri. Piiri. Sekunti.
My trusty G500 has finally worn out and needs replacin'. G502 or R.A.T. 7?

The G502 seems a bit too small for my hand, while the customizability of the rat is enticing . Any reason not to get that Mad Catz mouse? Prices are close enough to not matter.

Ahdinko
Oct 27, 2007

WHAT A LOVELY DAY
I found the RAT pretty heavy and actually kind of uncomfortable despite the million customisation options. It did look like some kind of space robot fighter plane though which was cool. I returned it and picked up a Steelseries Rival in the end which is really comfortable for me and is suited for people who like a bigger mouse. Here's a picture I found of the two, the rival is a bit lower and a bit fatter:

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

The scroll wheel on my G502 stopped working unless I put a lot of pressure on it. I love the mouse, but I also really like having a scroll wheel. Time to see what logitech's RMA process is like.

remember
Nov 23, 2006

Filthy Monkey posted:

The scroll wheel on my G502 stopped working unless I put a lot of pressure on it. I love the mouse, but I also really like having a scroll wheel. Time to see what logitech's RMA process is like.

I hate hate hate logitech's fancy scroll wheels. The consensus seems to be to call them because it takes forever to get a response on the online form/email.

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

I've already started the process online. Will see how it goes. They just got back to me today, after a two day wait. They asked for proof of purchase, a bunch of numbers off of the mouse tag, and my shipping address. I ordered it from amazon, so I sent the invoice and the rest of the information. In a couple more days I might get another response.

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost

wangvicous posted:

I have small hands so keep that in mind. 7 inches or so from middle finger to wrist.

For fingertip I liked Roccat Kone Pure Military, Corsair m45/65, and g302/303(weird shape, I didn't like it but it was sufficiently small). You could also try the Zowie FK2 or ZA2.

So the Roccat Kone Pure looks really good to me, but I'm seeing some quality concerns and beefs with Roccat's support. Is this something to be wary of?

Edit: Just got it, exactly the shape I was looking for. Just hope it works for a long time.

Mozi fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Jul 1, 2015

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

Latest whimsical mouse report:

I decided to try the new Zowie ZA13 (I think it's the 13) to see how I liked it compared toy current FK.

It's a good mouse, but like the Avior I previously tried, I don't find it as comfy as the lower-bodied FK. Sensor, physical feel, buttons etc are all jolly good though.

Time to sell another mouse! The FK remains the king to my hand.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

What's the model number for the newest "It's just the mx500 again" logitech? I'm looking to finally replace my crippled Mx518.

E: Oh nvm looks like it's the G5/G500.

E2: What the christ $100? How is the thread title still relevant? I just want a mouse that doesn't look like it just came from the robot-rave :(

surc fucked around with this message at 19:09 on Jun 25, 2015

GokieKS
Dec 15, 2012

Mostly Harmless.

surc posted:

What's the model number for the newest "It's just the mx500 again" logitech? I'm looking to finally replace my crippled Mx518.

E: Oh nvm looks like it's the G5/G500.

E2: What the christ $100? How is the thread title still relevant? I just want a mouse that doesn't look like it just came from the robot-rave :(

That's because the G5/G500/G500S are out of production. The G502 is the successor, and is wonderful.

surc
Aug 17, 2004

GokieKS posted:

That's because the G5/G500/G500S are out of production. The G502 is the successor, and is wonderful.

surc posted:

I just want a mouse that doesn't look like it just came from the robot-rave :(

But that's good to know, I'll try and go check one out in store and see how it compares in comfort to the MX518. I might just end up getting a used MX518 :v:
(Or going the other direction and getting the MX Master now that my $40 mouse plans have been blown)

Fixit
Mar 27, 2010

surc posted:

(Or going the other direction and getting the MX Master now that my $40 mouse plans have been blown)

Feel your pain. Trying to find an ambidextrous mouse that isn't going to feel like it's costing an arm and a leg (in mice standards) and isn't decked out is difficult.

Been using PC Part Picker to research mice. Able to refine the criteria of the search to what you are looking for.

Out of curiosity, what is the consensus of the Corsair Sabre mouse? Its on a bundle on Massdrop and got me looking at it.

e: Researched that mouse, while people review it is comfortable on the hand it does not perform as well as an optical mouse. Looked at the G502, and it looks nice. More buttons than I am used to and more "robot" looking, but amazing reviews on feel and performance. The BestBuy deal (sorry if already been posted) for this mouse isn't bad either.

Fixit fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Jun 26, 2015

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Fixit posted:

e: Researched that mouse, while people review it is comfortable on the hand it does not perform as well as an optical mouse. Looked at the G502, and it looks nice. More buttons than I am used to and more "robot" looking, but amazing reviews on feel and performance. The BestBuy deal (sorry if already been posted) for this mouse isn't bad either.

Thank you for this. Just put in a order from Amazon before seeing this!

Filthy Monkey
Jun 25, 2007

Took about a week of emailing with logitech support, but they are sending me a new g502. They aren't asking me to send the old one back either. Probably helped that I ordered off of amazon, and the order invoice matches where I asked them to ship the new one. I love the mouse, I just hope the scroll wheel on the new one doesn't go.

Anonononomous
Jul 1, 2007

Calidus posted:

They are out them when mine died a few months ago, they didn't even have replacement parts. They offered to replace it with a G700 but I asked for G502 and they were OK with that.

Is there some secret to get good Logitech support? My left button broke on my G9 and all I got from multiple phone calls and emails was being told to unplug it and replug it in. I fixed it myself eventually, but I dread the day I can't do that.

Rexxed
May 1, 2010

Dis is amazing!
I gotta try dis!

Anonononomous posted:

Is there some secret to get good Logitech support? My left button broke on my G9 and all I got from multiple phone calls and emails was being told to unplug it and replug it in. I fixed it myself eventually, but I dread the day I can't do that.

I called them up and said that when I wiggled the cable near the mouse it would disconnect and I was pretty sure it was a break in the cable because it was bulging out a bit and I could make it do the same thing by flexing it there every time. They asked for proof of purchase but I won it playing world of tanks so I told the support person that. She put me on hold for a couple of minutes and came back on and got my address to ship me a G400S to replace the G400 I was having issues with. Before it got to my house I'd opened up the G400, cut out a chunk of the cable and soldered it back together on some protoboard, but that step is up to how adventurous you're feeling.

Hiowf
Jun 28, 2013

We don't do .DOC in my cave.
Got a Logitech G303 after seeing many recommendations and it being named as a potential successor for G9x owners. Really digging it so far. It's quite similar to the FK1 but has configurable DPI. I think the shape is even slightly better for me, fingertip gripping. It tracks correctly on my Steelseries 4HD pad, which the Zowie couldn't. I don't notice all that much difference in the hardness of the switches, which people tend to complain about on the Zowie.

Overall it feels like an improved version of the FK1 to me.

I'm starting to dislike the Sensei now, it's just so heavy...

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
The right click button of my Zowie FK is screwed up, so I'll eventually have to replace it.

Anything vaguely similiar in shape and quality to the Zowie that is not the current FK model? Wanna keep my options open. (And do not really feel like paying 60 € again.)

J-Pak
Jan 26, 2004

I'm from the phone company...
Does anyone know if the Logitech G303 or G402 have a lower arch than an MX510/MX518? That was the only thing that caused my hand to cramp up after prolonged use with them.

Hiowf
Jun 28, 2013

We don't do .DOC in my cave.

J-Pak posted:

Does anyone know if the Logitech G303 or G402 have a lower arch than an MX510/MX518? That was the only thing that caused my hand to cramp up after prolonged use with them.

The shape of the G303 is completely different from the MX510. It's been ages since I used the latter but IIRC that was a palm mouse and the G303 is strongly in the fingertip or claw grip category.

Hiowf fucked around with this message at 21:08 on Jul 4, 2015

J-Pak
Jan 26, 2004

I'm from the phone company...

Skuto posted:

The shape of the G303 is completely different from the MX510. It's been ages since I used the latter but IIRC that was a palm mouse and the G303 is strongly in the fingertip or claw grip category.

Thanks. I am looking for something that has a low profile like my Diamondback 3G.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
Is there something no-frills and affordable like the Sensei Raw but wireless?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

BlackMK4 posted:

Is there something no-frills and affordable like the Sensei Raw but wireless?

Wireless gaming performance requires a pretty expensive and sensitive receiver/transmitter, otherwise you're hit with massive latency and not that great of performance. So, no, AFAIK. The closest you're likely to find is the G602, which isn't exactly no-frills but isn't too expensive.