Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bufuman
Jun 15, 2013

Sleep in the briefing room.
At your own peril.

Like Clockwork posted:

My jobs are Bard/Berserkerx3. I... Don't think there's much in the way of synergy here. :(

I guess I should get past the canal before worrying, though.

If memory serves, Bards have a decent Magic score, which you can pass on with Equip Harps. Slap that on one of your 'Zerkers for Rune Axe fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Bufuman posted:

If memory serves, Bards have a decent Magic score, which you can pass on with Equip Harps. Slap that on one of your 'Zerkers for Rune Axe fun.

Plus:

It's honestly one of the best passives for a Berserker.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

So, I had to pick between it being mathmatically possible to beat Magissa with a 2/1/1/3 All Black Mage Party, or Mathmatically possible to beat Garula with a 2/1/1/3 all Black Mage party.

:sigh:

Guess I'll have to gain a level or two.

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Knight, Berserker, Ninja and Samurai.

This'll be simple enough.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
Spent an hour rerolling Metamorph fights with a dancing dagger trying to get an enchanted fan to cast White Wind. I do this Every. loving. Time. When am I going to remember that the Metamorph fans can't loving cast it?

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

well I got ninja for my fire job. So much for getting all the blue magic.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
We've got our first dollar of the pledge!

Meanwhile, my Wind job is Summoner. Never got it in a fiesta before, so I'm excited.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

And that's the lot of them. Thanks for the advice on what to catch Kyro.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Hey kids!

Do you like constantly resetting and hoping the RNG lets you scrape by with a miraculous series of rolls?

Then go ahead and fight Garula with an incredibly low leveled All Black Mage Party!

:suicide:

On the plus side, I have Time Mage now, which means I now have some level proof offense later in the game.

Rosalie_A
Oct 30, 2011

Dr Pepper posted:

Hey kids!

Do you like constantly resetting and hoping the RNG lets you scrape by with a miraculous series of rolls?

Then go ahead and fight Garula with an incredibly low leveled All Black Mage Party!

:suicide:

Hello, I'm fighting Sandworm with four Berserkers. Let us suffer together.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Second wipe to Shiva. Hilariously underlevelled and I don't even have a Summoner (yet, possibly). Now I need to go get Toad Song again.

gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

Dareon posted:

Second wipe to Shiva. Hilariously underlevelled and I don't even have a Summoner (yet, possibly). Now I need to go get Toad Song again.

why would you fight shiva unless you get a summoner?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Because I always fought her before! :downs:

At any rate, Gilgaclaus has given me a shiny new Berserker! I must have been a good boy.

Alternate joke: Every time a crystal shatters, a Berserker gets its WAAAAAUGGH! RAAAAAHH! AAAARRRRGH!

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Gilgabot isn't getting my tweets it looks like. I was able to pre-register just fine, my twitter security settings haven't been touched since.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

Gilgabot isn't getting my tweets it looks like. I was able to pre-register just fine, my twitter security settings haven't been touched since.

I'm pretty sure gilgabot is running into the max tweet limit hard. Have you checked the site to see if you got a job there?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

djw175 posted:

I'm pretty sure gilgabot is running into the max tweet limit hard. Have you checked the site to see if you got a job there?

Yeah i've got my first job from the site, but I wanted to test that Gilgabot was getting my tweets.

Pennfalath
Sep 10, 2011

Why are these teenagers not at home studying their Latin vocabulary?
Ninja, Ninja, Samurai, Dancer.
Easy mode. All knives, all the time!

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

I thought jobs got tweeted at you. What am I missng? Besides job assignments, I mean.

E: never mind, it's on the site.

Knight. Neat, that seems pretty good and I know I can beat shinryu now.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Just starting my run now, and my wind crystal job is berserker. Great start :getin:

Sientara
May 27, 2012

Monk, Berserker, Ranger, Samurai.... No magic for me, I guess.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
http://fourjobfiesta.com/players.php?player=DraknarEverhate

IT HAPPENED :black101::black101::black101::black101:

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

God speed Zerker King.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
I got Geomancer / Ranger / Samurai / Chemist, and just got to the earth crystal, so my team is complete. Seems like an easy run, got some of the most OP stuff in the game, even if Geo is rear end.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Mother of God...

I got Knight as my first class. I fiesta tonight!

pretty soft girl
Oct 1, 2004

my dead grandfather fights better than you
MNK/BLM/NIN/DRG, pretty good synergy but the monk still seems like a sore thumb as usual. Any thoughts on what to do with him by mid to end game once their damage falls off? Attaching !black for flame ring/bone mail healing is the only thing I can think of for regular fights.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

I'm so glad I found out about this and joined, I can finally finish FFV. In my short rush through the game so far, I've got Monk, Time Mage, and Ninja. Just hit everything twice and hope it doesn't kill you on the way back.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

What's the gimmick of Chaos run, then? Just the same as #RegRandom?

Torokasi
Jan 13, 2011

Powered up to a level 2 super schmendrick.
Chaos rolls from all 20 jobs each crystal. So something like Samurai/Chemist/Dancer/Dragoon, which isn't normally possible, entirely is here.

EDIT: Also, #BerserkerRisk #Chaos just gave me Berserker for my first two classes. Will I, too, get four Berserkers like Everhate?

Torokasi fucked around with this message at 13:24 on Jun 22, 2015

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
White Mage? Oh well, at least I'll never die.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Pollyanna posted:

What's the gimmick of Chaos run, then? Just the same as #RegRandom?

Except it pulls from all four crystals for all four rolls, yes.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

So Summoner/Bard so far. I guess I'm gonna hit all those pianos and swagger my way through the rest of the game.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Kyrosiris posted:

Except it pulls from all four crystals for all four rolls, yes.

:psyduck: How does that work? Freelancer until the first time you get access to one of those classes?

Ghost-Slug
Feb 21, 2011

Feeding Tigrex
one Hunter at a time

Lipstick Apathy
I joined up for a normal run a couple of days back. I've not played much of FFV before so I'm sure I'll be asking lots of questions. I've checked the site and my first job is Monk (the one wind class I didn't really want!).

I'm going to start the run after work but baring in mind I have no idea what classes I'll have, are there any missables/must-have items to collect before the second job is unlocked? And is there anything I can/should skip?

Torokasi
Jan 13, 2011

Powered up to a level 2 super schmendrick.

Pollyanna posted:

:psyduck: How does that work? Freelancer until the first time you get access to one of those classes?

Correct. Since I got Berserker/Berserker, the first time I could classchange was right after the Water Crystal.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

Or use a modified ROM/memory code, yeah.

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

Holy gently caress, the poor bastard.

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

That poor bastard. They actually made it past Sandworm and Soul Cannon just to have a doomed run anyway?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Death to robots :black101:

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
First job, Chaos zerkrisk = Red Mage.

Never used one in any game of ffv, fiesta or no fiesta.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'
Ber/RM/Geo so far. Seems to me that this is a pretty painful lineup.

• Locked thread