Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Kimarhi is the character people like to dump on the most (probably because he's lame), but there is a clear development in his character by the end of the game. It's not subtle or anything either, so you won't miss it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

I don't hate the character really I just figured by now he'd open up some or whatever.

Either way so far so good on the game. It's a fun time.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I guess it doesn't help that he's probably the worst party member combat-wise and you can get by just fine without ever switching him in

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

I guess it doesn't help that he's probably the worst party member combat-wise and you can get by just fine without ever switching him in

I think so far I've only used him once or twice.

I have yet to use Yuna also unless the game requires me to.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

corn in the bible posted:

don't loving buy ff13

please go back to your bad russian rpgs and stop giving bad advice

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yuna was my strongest character by far

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Levantine posted:

I'm sorry but you've got to stay in preview 20 hours before you can make this post

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
8 dollars for ff13 is fine its an acceptable game

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Dubious posted:

yeah it's about what i'd pay if i ever felt like playing it again on ps3, except now i can download it whenever i want and also 1080p

which looks amazing but stutters a little on my meh pc :(

also i forgot how lovely the beginning of this game is at getting you to like any of the characters. lightning is an rear end in a top hat to sazh and tries to abandon him several times, snow is incompetent, hope is just nothing

i don't remember at all how i felt when i first played this game, but i find myself caring the most about vanille and her happenings, especially now that i know the plot of the game.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?

I'm sorry ma'am... but your son was killed by the coolest car that ever existed.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

he is owning that food lion parking lot

Schwartzcough
Aug 12, 2009

Don't tease the Octopus, kids!

Skeezy posted:

That's... probably a mistake. For one, the stats of all the Aeons are tied directly to her stats, and Aeons are some of the most powerful tools you'll get until super post-game. Also, she makes a much better mage than Lulu, once you teach her some black magic.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Levantine posted:

im sorry that silent storm is better than final fantasy 13

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Schwartzcough posted:

That's... probably a mistake. For one, the stats of all the Aeons are tied directly to her stats, and Aeons are some of the most powerful tools you'll get until super post-game. Also, she makes a much better mage than Lulu, once you teach her some black magic.

Also her ultimate weapon is one of the absolute least painless to get, has good progression of stuff you unlock doing it, and again makes her a goddess of holy damage.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Schwartzcough posted:

Its probably inefficient for bootstrapping a real post-game attempt but its fairly easy to end up with a crazy Yuna monster double casting Ultima with only a little more engagement with the systems than you'd otherwise need to finish the game.

The first time I beat the game I got the easiest ultimate weapons but never really understood some of the low investment sphere tricks like black magic spheres and the various move to difference things spheres, and subsequently had a rough time with the final boss. I made it through the HD remaster recently and gave Yuna double cast Ultima and accidentally beat the final boss a couple turns in.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Dodge 100 lightning strikes

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Dubious posted:

8 dollars is a good price for a movie for sure.

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

I'm sorry ma'am... but your son was killed by the coolest car that ever existed.

The guy that took the pictures lives near a military base so I just imagine some young guy joining the marines so he could finally afford to buy and paint his dream car.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

Skeezy posted:

Yuna is incredible once you figure out that she's actually a secret black mage.

Lulu is loving terrible at everything and objectively the worst party member once you realize that there's nothing stopping you from teaching Yuna black magic and literally all of Yuna's stats are miles better than Lulu's plus she can summon.

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
There's a mandatory Kimahri solo fight that can bite you in the rear end if you never use him, just FYI

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

zakharov posted:

There's a mandatory Kimahri solo fight that can bite you in the rear end if you never use him, just FYI

I'm pretty sure that fight scales to Kimahri's level so you should be fine regardless

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:

Scrap Dragon posted:

I'm pretty sure that fight scales to Kimahri's level so you should be fine regardless

I had a tough time but probably because I'm bad at Sphere Gridding

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
If you just make sure to sub Kimahri in from time to time, that fight isn't too bad. It also has some gimmicks that can make it a relative breeze even if you have a Kimahri who somehow never fought a single battle.

cock hero flux
Apr 17, 2011

zakharov posted:

It scales and is insanely easy once you figure out the trick, which is to just constantly spam Lancet because the bosses have loads of overdrives and it fills your gauge every time you use it.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Does anyone have a link to TDI's lovely visual representation of the FFX-2.5 novel? I need to show it to a friend.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

fun fact ffx hd has a new audio play set after the one where tidus blows up, in which sin actually comes back and yuna recreates the church of yevon for no reason solely so that literally nothing was accomplished, ever

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Why are you spoiling the game for Skeezy? This is his first time playing it. (from what I gathered in the last couple posts I glanced at)

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

spoilers, in the end of ffx the protagonists win

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.

NikkolasKing posted:

Does anyone have a link to TDI's lovely visual representation of the FFX-2.5 novel? I need to show it to a friend.

It's still pretty amazing.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Thanks a lot man. I gotta save this link.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

fun fact ffx hd has a new audio play set after the one where tidus blows up, in which sin actually comes back and yuna recreates the church of yevon for no reason solely so that literally nothing was accomplished, ever

The whole garbage FFX extended universe seems entirely self-defeating both in story and purpose.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

The thing X really has going for it (compared to the previous games in the series) is the stuff like that huge old battlefield where there's all these jagged fissures and craters and they're just like "yeah this is where we beat the poo poo out of your dad last time"

Skeezy
Jul 3, 2007

NikkolasKing posted:

Why are you spoiling the game for Skeezy? This is his first time playing it. (from what I gathered in the last couple posts I glanced at)

Haha nah it's cool. Yeah it is my first time actually playing. I'm at Gardosalem or something now?

Just had to put the game down for a while but I look forward to continuing.

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

don't loving buy ff13

Counterpoint: FF13 is pretty fun game although not everyone likes it, but for $8 it is well worth finding out for yourself and ignoring everyone else's opinion.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
ff13 was a huge disappointment cuz ff12 was awesome and i was hoping for more of the same

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

corn in the fridge posted:

ff13 was a huge disappointment cuz ff12 was awesome and i was hoping for more of the same

But that is not how Square and Final Fantasy has worked, ever.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Xavier434 posted:

Counterpoint: FF13 is pretty fun game although not everyone likes it, but for $8 it is well worth finding out for yourself and ignoring everyone else's opinion.

If you consider your time valueless, it might just be worth $8.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

sassassin posted:

If you consider your time valueless, it might just be worth $8.
Isn't that the foregone conclusion for all of us posting in the Final Fantasy thread?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Skeezy posted:

Haha nah it's cool. Yeah it is my first time actually playing. I'm at Gardosalem or something now?

Just had to put the game down for a while but I look forward to continuing.

don't worry man, you'll finish it soon and you can play the far superior FFX-2

heck, you should just go do that