Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Is Fantasy Life any good as a Harvest Moon/Rune Factory-ish game?

It isn't entirely comparable. It has more of a feel of the non-farming bits of Rune Factory mixed with a fantasy MMO. There's a bit more exploration rather than strict dungeons, more focus on story, and a somewhat deep MMO-style crafting system. If that sounds appealing you should enjoy the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

ZZT the Fifth posted:

Is Fantasy Life any good as a Harvest Moon/Rune Factory-ish game?
I preferred Fantasy Life to Rune Factory but it is not so much about chores. It's more "pick a job, master that job". You can switch jobs at any time. The campaign is nothing special (although the writing is decent) but you need to progress through it to unlock more areas which is necessary if you want to continue questing in your class. It's a pretty addictive gameplay loop.

My only disappointment with the game is that, from a gameplay mechanic standpoint, there's a lot of crossover. Woodcutting and Mining are functionally the same. Alchemy, Tailoring, Blacksmithing use the same minigame with just small alterations. But if you love crafting and harvesting resources this game is GREAT for that.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jun 18, 2015

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

C-Euro posted:

How good of a port is SF643D? I almost pulled the trigger on it last time it went on sale, I just need something to tear me away from MH4U for even a little while.

Very good, in my opinion. It controls well and is very, very close to the original, just with better graphics and a few bells and whistles. I bought a 3DS last year for the games, not the 3D "gimmick", but this is one of the few games where I feel that the 3D enhances the game a bi8t - everywhere else for me is just a headache (literally).

So, I would say get it if want to play a portable, modern version of the N64 classic.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

C-Euro posted:

How good of a port is SF643D? I almost pulled the trigger on it last time it went on sale, I just need something to tear me away from MH4U for even a little while.

It's a very faithful reproduction, keeps all the nuance that made the original great and adds a few optional gimmicks like the gyro controls, on top of a save system so you don't have to play the whole thing in one go. Looks and plays much smoother than the original, in my opinion. Would recommend, if you've been jonesing for the original.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I bought SF643D because I've kinda been waiting for some sorta sale on it. Game adjusts the difficulty level if you turn gyro controls on but otherwise is a faithful recreation of the original game with better but still style-consistent graphics.

The 3D is definitely cool on this one- it meshes perfectly with a rail shooter where you're looking straight forward down a long virtual tunnel basically the whole game.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Yup SF643D is badass. It was one of the first things I bought when I got a N3DS in February and its one of my favorite games on the system.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

wall monitor posted:

Them's fightin' words.

Touch & Go is a totally fine 2 dollar phone game that had the misfortune of being released as a $30 launch game for a system that wasn't super popular until like a year later. It's also not worth $7 on the Wii U.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Yoshi's Touch and Go owns.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Here are some eShop Treehouse demos from E3:

Typoman (Wii U, demo out now)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ga_Qx1TQp4

Steamworld Heist (Wii U/3DS/more, confirmed to launch on 3DS first "this fall")
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qyUsEsTMfg

Mutant Mudds Super Challenge (Wii U/3DS, Wii U demo out now. 20 unlockable indie cameo characters confirmed, including Rusty from Steamworld Dig)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UlXDqF7VAc

freeipods
Jul 3, 2007

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

eShop sale: http://e3.nintendo.com/offers/
Lego Batman 2 - $13.99
Lego Batman 3 - $20.99
Lego Hobbit - $13.99
Lego Movie - $13.99

Lego Batman 3 3DS - $13.99
Lego Ninjago Nindroids - $13.99
Lego Ninjago Shadow of Ronin - $13.99
Lego Hobbit 3DS - $13.99
Lego LOTR - $13.99
Lego Movie 3DS - $13.99

Why are the Lego City games always absent from these sales? :(

Spoderman
Aug 2, 2004

Monkey Fracas posted:

The 3D is definitely cool on this one- it meshes perfectly with a rail shooter where you're looking straight forward down a long virtual tunnel basically the whole game.

You just made me realize how much I want M2 to port Panzer Dragoon and Rez to the 3DS and now I'm all excited about my own dumb idea.

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy

freeipods posted:

Why are the Lego City games always absent from these sales? :(

They might still be waiting on the Wii U version to load.

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Due to this this thread asking about it and all the other Star Fox hoopla I put in my copy of SF3D into the 3ds and played through it. It's so drat good. Pretty much the best on-rails shooter ever.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
A bunch of Petit Computer 3/SmileBASIC news:

-The 3.2 update is done and it should be out by now. They postponed the international release in order to prepare this update, and now that it's out they're finalising the localisation process. It's mostly bugfixes, but they also seem to be prepping for premium servers or something.

-They've announced a standalone release called "Petit Computer Magazine #1" that'll feature ports of 36 games that were submitted to one of their programming contents, as well as an original shmup called "Solid Gunner" from the guy who made the original 1001 Spikes. No release date, but it'll cost 300yen and be out fairly soon. (They've also confirmed they'll be doing international contests once the English version is out.)

-They're releasing some menu themes starting July 1: one with their in-game mascots, one with the comic-style "MR. SYNTAX" from the manual.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

-They've announced a standalone release called "Petit Computer Magazine #1" that'll feature ports of 36 games that were submitted to one of their programming contents, as well as an original shmup called "Solid Gunner" from the guy who made the original 1001 Spikes. No release date, but it'll cost 300yen and be out fairly soon. (They've also confirmed they'll be doing international contests once the English version is out.)

This is really cool.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I can't wait for SmileBASIC to come out here already. I want bootleg-level games on my 3DS

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."

A bunch of Petit Computer 3/SmileBASIC news:

-The 3.2 update is done and it should be out by now. They postponed the international release in order to prepare this update, and now that it's out they're finalising the localisation process. It's mostly bugfixes, but they also seem to be prepping for premium servers or something.

-They're releasing some menu themes starting July 1: one with their in-game mascots, one with the comic-style "MR. SYNTAX" from the manual.

I guess this says something about me when I buy this day one.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
God drat it 3D Streets of Rage 2 and 3D Gunstar Heroes aren't coming out until July and August respectively. What am I even going to play until then? 3D OutRun can only have so much replay value...

(Everyone buy 3D Streets of Rage 2 if you want the best beat-em-up ever portable btw.)

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I like 3D Fantasy Zone 2.

azurite
Jul 25, 2010

Strange, isn't it?!

I like 3D Fantasy Zone 2.

Agreed. I think it's my favorite release of theirs so far.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
The 3D Gunstar Heroes trailer is on Youtube, you should be able to watch in 3D on New 3DS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oR1RcDCRTYY

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of June 25):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Yoshi's Woolly World - €39.99 / £34.99 (June 26)
    Art Academy: Atelier - €29.99 / £24.99 or €26.00 / £21.60 for owners of Art Academy Sketchpad
WII U eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Shiftlings - €14.99 / £13.99
    Cube Life: Island Survival - €6.99 / £5.39
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Dr Kawashima’s Brain Training: How Old is Your Brain? (DS) - €6.99 / £6.29
    Kirby Mouse Attack (DS) - €9.99 / £8.99
    Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards (N64, US ver.) - €9.99 / £8.99
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS

Buy Yoshi's Wooly World from the eShop, get a free code for Yoshi Touch & Go! - ends July 23
    Hyrule Warriors (Wii U) - €34.99 / £27.99 until June 23
    Metroid Prime Trilogy (Wii DL) - €13.99 / £12.59 until June 23
    Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (Wii U VC) - €4.89 / £4.40 until June 23
    Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga (Wii U VC) - €4.89 / £4.40 until June 23
    Mario Power Tennis (Wii U VC) - €4.89 / £4.40 until June 23
    Citizens of Earth (Wii U eShop) - €6.99 / £6.29 until June 25
    Ice Cream Surfer (Wii U eShop) - €€2.50 / £2.20 until July 2
    Knytt Underground (Wii U eShop) - €4.49 / £3.99 from June 25-July 2
    Stick It To The Man (Wii U eShop) - €3.99 / £3.49 from June 25-July 2
    TNT Racers (Wii U eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until July 2
    Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (Wii U) - €12.90 / £9.90 until July 11
    Fit Music for Wii U (Wii U) - €12.90 / £9.90 until July 11
    Another World: Anniversary Edition (Wii U eShop) - €3.19 / £2.87 until July 16
    Gravity Badgers (Wii U eShop) - €2.50 / £2.50 until July 16

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Garfield Kart - €29.99 / £24.99
3DS eSHOP DOWNLOADS
    Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 - €39.99 / £29.99 (June 24)
    Tappingo 2 - €2.99 / £2.39
3DS HOME MENU THEMES
    Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate: Hunter’s Weapon Gallery - (free until July 4)
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Buy Azure Striker Gunvolt, get Mighty Gunvolt for free! (3DS eShop) - ends July 3
    The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS) - €31.49 / £? until June 23
    Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS) - €31.49 / £27.99 until June 23
    Animal Crossing New Leaf (3DS) - €27.99 / £24.49 until June 23
    Starfox 64 3D (3DS) - €31.49 / £27.99 until June 23
    Mario Tennis Open (3DS) - €31.49 / £27.99 until June 23
    Mario & Luigi: Dream Team Bros. (3DS) - €27.99 / £24.49 until June 23
    Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates to Infinity (3DS) - €27.99 / £24.49 until June 23
    Chibi-Robo: Let's Go, Photo! (3DS eShop) - €9.09 / £8.18 until June 23
    Mario Tennis (3DS VC) - €3.49 / £3.19 until June 23
    Own Cocoto Alien Brick Breaker or Cocoto Magic Circus 2, get the other free! - ends July 2
    Zombie Panic in Wonderland DX (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.49 until June 21
    Citizens of Earth (3DS eShop) - €6.99 / £6.29 until June 25
    Battleminer (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £2.99 until June 25
    Stin Megami Tensei 4 (3DS eShop) - €9.99 / £8.99 from June 25-July 2
    Luv Me Buddies Wonderland (3DS) - €12.90 / £9.90 until July 11
    Swords & Soldiers 3D (3DS eShop) - €4.99 / £4.19 until July 9
    Another World: Anniversary Edition (3DS eShop) - €3.19 / £2.87 until July 16
    Cubit the Hardcore Platformer Robot (3DS eShop) - €1.99 / £1.80 until July 16
    Rage of the Gladiator (3DS eShop) - €3.49 / £3.09 until July 16
CLUB NINTENDO DIGITAL REWARDS
    Tons of games across Wii U, 3DS and Wii! - list here, rewards page here. Ends September 30.

Wii U dudes, note the Yoshi promo: if you buy Woolly World on the eShop you'll get a free code for Yoshi Touch & Go, a game that's worth owning even if it isn't worth paying money for.

Kirby Mouse Attack (Squeak Squad) is the most inessential of the Superstar-style Kirby games but it's still fun enough. Kirby 64 follows in the puzzle-ish tradition of Dreamland 2/3 and is unique in that it lets you combine copy abilities to create new transformations.

Samurai Warriors Chronicles 3 is launching with £150 of day-one DLC which I can't be arsed to list.

PaletteSwappedNinja fucked around with this message at 11:36 on Jun 22, 2015

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Oooh. Does that mean Wooly World is being released early on the eshop? I've paid for the pre-order but dammit I am an impatient man when it comes to little fabric dudes.

Also these regular updates are ace cheers for that.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
If you're talking about the June 18th, I think that's a Copy/Paste typo.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Yeah, my bad. It's out on June 26, same as always.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Ahhhh bumlungs

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Why the hell does the US not get Yoshi until October? This is bullshit!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
It's a lot of work to translate it from English to English.

I have no idea why Nintendo thinks they can get away with this without pissing people off in the age of the internet

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
Has there been any explanation given? A week or two's difference is an understandable annoyance, but 4 months is just plain odd

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
They used to do it all the time, it's just been a while.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

greatn posted:

They used to do it all the time, it's just been a while.

They still do it in the opposite direction, Kirby and the Rainbow Curse was like three months later in the EU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
They still do it to Europe when it comes to Kirby games.

They're delaying Woolly World because they need more time to not release Devil's Third.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

I'd make a Devil's Third mockery thread just for the subtitle alone: I drummed as I drew my katana.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Augus posted:

Nintendo being typically afraid of the month July.

Though in a much more severe case than it has been before.

BiggerJ
May 21, 2007

What shall we do with him? A permaban, perhaps? Probate him for a few years? Or...shall we employ a big red custom title? You, the goons of SA, shall decide his fate.

Are they releasing Magazine #1 in the west?

Also, something I've been wondering about - they discontinued Petit Computer a while ago - does SmileBASIC have any backwards compatibility with Petit Computer programs?

BiggerJ fucked around with this message at 12:53 on Jun 22, 2015

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
SmileBASIC isn't backwards-compatible with Petit Computer, no.

I don't know if we're getting the 'magazine" releases but most of the included games are/were publicly available during the programming contests, so if you own SmileBASIC you should be able to play them one way or another.

Tempura Wizard
Sep 15, 2006

spending all
spending
spending all my time

Augus posted:

Look at it this way, Europe gets to be the guinea pig and gets to be the first to find out wether or not this is Another Disappointing Yoshi Game. At least that's the way I'm looking at it!

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003
I can only assume that US is getting Wooly World in October because they want more than one title for the holiday season. I bet if they didn't delay Zelda, we would have gotten it this month.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

We got Rainbow Paintbrush late, you guys get Wooly World late. It's only fair.

I feel like an idiot for preordering the expensive Yoshi amiibo + game bundle because the first couple of European reviews point to this being a pedestrian rehash with a nice aesthetic, just like the Kirby game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fremry
Nov 4, 2003

Cat Machine posted:

We got Rainbow Paintbrush late, you guys get Wooly World late. It's only fair. .

Except that it makes sense for a game to come out later in Europe. Create the game in Japanese, release in Japan. Translate to English, release in NA. Translate to Spanish, French, Italian, Portuguese and German, release in Europe.

To release it in Europe, you have had to already translate it to English, which is the only thing you need to do to release it in NA.