Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I beat Shinryu with 2 berserkers and no mirage vest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Chopped that tree down.

Geocities Homepage King
Nov 26, 2007

I have good news, and I have bad news.
Which do you want to hear first...?
I feel so behind already but I am now kicking off my first Fiesta ever. It's been ages since I've played this and I only beat it once or twice so let's see what I can do.

http://fourjobfiesta.com/players.php?player=PrettiestPanda

Fartz Plus and co. are feeling a little blue today :(

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
Are there any gameplay differences between the NA and the EU carts of the GBA version?

Also, drew monk for my first class, wish me luck

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Are there any gameplay differences between the NA and the EU carts of the GBA version?

EU cart can't use the Quicksave glitch.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Can't abuse quicksave on the euro version.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
oh god how are people already winning I am going to have to pay so much money

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Kyrosiris posted:

EU cart can't use the Quicksave glitch.

dis astranagant posted:

Can't abuse quicksave on the euro version.

Well, I won't lament the loss of something I was unaware of until just now. Didn't plan on abusing glitches my first time playing through the game anyway!

The EU cart will let me play in a variety of languages, though, and as I understand it, the NA cart is English only?

"¿Quién es usted?"

"...soy Fartz, amigo."

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Poque posted:

oh god how are people already winning I am going to have to pay so much money

Because fast-forward is a magical tool. :)

The Mattybee
Sep 15, 2007

despair.
I just want to make sure - this is my first time doing it.

I've gotten White Mage / Berserker / Beastmaster / Dragoon.

This... is not a good combination, is it.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

The Mattybee posted:

You have White Mage, you'll have no trouble at all.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

The Mattybee posted:

You have White Mage and Beastmaster, two of the best jobs. That team can easily steamroll to a 3-boss kill, no problem.

Serenity Dove
Jan 29, 2008

If I had a Pikachu, it'd probably eat my stuff.
So I did what any self respecting goon would do and registered for a Chaos Zerk Risk run. First two jobs both Beserker.

Have grinded a little to hopefully make Liquid Flame less of a crap shoot but we will see. Hoping for anything for my last two jobs but if I have to I will ride the Beserker train right into Valhalla.

Fricassee
Nov 29, 2004
So with this being only my second time playing through ffv (the first being last years fiesta) how bad is my team of geomancer / berserker / ranger / berserker?

Smilefires
Dec 18, 2013

I left off here last night. I was playing along with the quadstream. Really hoped for a little more variety though.

I'm also running as Fartz, but I'm playing on my real DS. No fast-forward for me.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Got WHM/BLU/RED/DRAGOON as my team, which will be slow going at first but look pretty excellent down the stretch with dualcast white and Blue being generally awesome. I might buy berzerker or really any other class to replace Dragoon because that is a boring as gently caress job. I think i'd take almost anything else.

Edit: ooh theres a reroll donation - even better. Anyone used that successfully yet?

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Rolled White Mage for my Fire Crystal job. I am content.

Had to throw Tonics at Iron Claw so he could use Doom Claw before Galuf ripped his throat out with his old man teeth. Also got Aero2 off a Gigas, so my blue magic is coming along nicely.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

Kyrosiris posted:

Because fast-forward is a magical tool. :)

I think I spent more time holding the fast forward button down than not, wven on boss battles.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
So how long does Gilgabot take to reply usually? It's been like 45 minutes or something and I don't know my wind job yet. I mean, I'm at work, so it's not like I can play yet...

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Prison Warden posted:

So how long does Gilgabot take to reply usually? It's been like 45 minutes or something and I don't know my wind job yet. I mean, I'm at work, so it's not like I can play yet...

Did you preregister? If so, there's no tweet, just look at your player page.

If you didn't, check it anyways, he may be out of API calls.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

Prison Warden posted:

Sometimes the Tweet limit kills the bot. Check the players page online for your jobs.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

Prison Warden posted:

Try checking the website, gilgabot might be at the tweet limit.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Got Berserker/Berserker/Black Mage/Red Mage. So I guess I double-black my way to victory?

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

Black Mage/ Red Mage so far

I will be dying in style :tipshat:

Chaotic Neutral
Aug 29, 2011

This shitbag stabbed the Grand Cross part to death solely so everyone else could get killed by a random panic Meteo and he could look like the cool lone survivor saving the day.

But he's not cool.

He's a dick.

Now Lenna the Dragonslayer, she's cool.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.
First job is Geomancer. Can't wait to get two Berserkers and another Geo to go with it.

This run will likely be slower than my previous ones anyway, what with Heavensward having just come out and all.

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Wipe 3: Ifrit. :supaburn:

Lesson learned: Just because I have a White Mage doesn't make her immune to getting kicked in the face repeatedly.

Seriously, he Blazed and Fire2'd everyone else to death, then just kept High Kicking Reina.

e: I've kinda forgotten the actual plot flow, I am supposed to just go "That wall blocking the way to the Ancient Library is gone now, let's go exploring!" right?

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

Just got my full loadout. Thief, Red Mage, Beastmaster, and Dancer. I'm pretty sure beastmaster is the only job in ffv i've never bothered using. Any tips on them?

Serenity Dove
Jan 29, 2008

If I had a Pikachu, it'd probably eat my stuff.
So my third job is Dragoon. Just got Beserkers right now. Anything I can do to make the Sand Worm easier except grinding and praying?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Dareon posted:

Wipe 3: Ifrit. :supaburn:

Lesson learned: Just because I have a White Mage doesn't make her immune to getting kicked in the face repeatedly.

Seriously, he Blazed and Fire2'd everyone else to death, then just kept High Kicking Reina.

e: I've kinda forgotten the actual plot flow, I am supposed to just go "That wall blocking the way to the Ancient Library is gone now, let's go exploring!" right?

I think someone in town mentions the library.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

LemonAIDS posted:

Just got my full loadout. Thief, Red Mage, Beastmaster, and Dancer. I'm pretty sure beastmaster is the only job in ffv i've never bothered using. Any tips on them?

Once you get to Quelb, make sure to check the well. There's a mage who'll give you the Kornago Gourd if you give him a frog, which drastically increases your capture rate.

Zingih
Jan 2, 2013
Two Death Sickles in about 10 fights. :black101:

Rolled Ranger/Berserker/Samurai thus far with Chaos and Berserker Risk, not too bad. I did abuse the poo poo out of the fast forward key when I had to use 4 Berserkers, though. :effort:

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Alabaster White posted:

That poor bastard. They actually made it past Sandworm and Soul Cannon just to have a doomed run anyway?

I doubt it. Some people just check in advance to see what their later jobs would be. I don't think it's even realistic to have cleared Sandworm with only Berserkers this soon.

ComposerGuy
Jul 28, 2007

Conspicuous Absinthe
What's the general strat for Summoner? (I have Knight/Summoner so far). I'd like Call! to be useful I think, which I imagine involves passing up some optional summons. What's the best way to optimize?

Edit: Is Golem necessary if I can just Guard! my way through tough fights?

mrRedWhite
Feb 16, 2011
Just got my full clear with Black Mage/Beastmaster/Berseker/Berserker. Shinryu and Omega were way easier than Neo Exdeath with this team. Omega was just a simple matter of spamming calm until the Berserkers dismantled him. Shinryu involved a bit of luck, since my Beastmaster was a bit slower than Shinryu so I had to rely on parries from the main gauche, but it still only took 3 tries. Neo Exdeath was a nightmare though. I had to rely on break to kill the almagast part, and on my last attempt it hit first thing. The rest of the fight was pretty much just downing elixirs the second someone took a hit.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Kyrosiris posted:

Did you preregister? If so, there's no tweet, just look at your player page.

If you didn't, check it anyways, he may be out of API calls.

Cervixalot posted:

Sometimes the Tweet limit kills the bot. Check the players page online for your jobs.

Yup, this solved it. Looks like I got Black Mage, oh noooooo.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

ComposerGuy posted:

What's the general strat for Summoner? (I have Knight/Summoner so far). I'd like Call! to be useful I think, which I imagine involves passing up some optional summons. What's the best way to optimize?

Edit: Is Golem necessary if I can just Guard! my way through tough fights?

the general strat is "murder everything" because you got the easiest job.

but for reals, Golem is still helpful and you shouldn't skip him even if the rest of your party continues to be amazing. Syldra boosted with an Air Knife (or whatever) is a pro strat. Don't bother with Phoenix or Leviathan, you may want Odin to insta-kill one of the Neo-Exdeath parts.

Sodium Chloride
Jan 1, 2008

Got White Mage first :gonk:

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Timer glitch was fixed and good luck with monk, you'll need it.

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

Poque posted:

the general strat is "murder everything" because you got the easiest job.

but for reals, Golem is still helpful and you shouldn't skip him even if the rest of your party continues to be amazing. Syldra boosted with an Air Knife (or whatever) is a pro strat. Don't bother with Phoenix or Leviathan, you may want Odin to insta-kill one of the Neo-Exdeath parts.

Summoned Odin doesn't work on Neo-Exdeath since he'll default to Gungnir if he detects any heavy flags. Phoenix is worth it, especially since Almagest can leave you hurting and Phoenix revives with map HP AND MP. If you put it on your knight (assuming he's your only beefy class), he can eat Almagest where the other party dies then revive them all to max. It's like using a megaelixer!

Don't bother trying to optimize !Call. It's barely worth being efficient with it when boosting Syldra with Magus Rod lets you constantly do Bahamut level damage for a reasonable cost. Shoat is good in some cases, Golem/Carbuncle are absurdly broken, and Titan is amazing up until Syldra pretty much. Grab Bahamut for any boss that resists air (not many), and Phoenix for the above reasons. While you don't need anything else, it's fun to have everything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
Alright well Ninja/Bard/Dragoon/Dancer for my second run. Should be fun, I dont know if I have a way to best Shinryu this time.

• Locked thread