Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

PRESIDENT GOKU posted:

You can get Temarian and Nilfgaardian tack for Roach already.

Uhhh I must've missed these. Where are they?

EDIT:
Nvm, Baron's QM has the Nilfgaard one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Saladman posted:

I've been playing TW3 with my girlfriend, who works at a shelter for abused women, and she was solidly in the "gently caress this loving fucker" category every time she saw the baron spin some sob story. But that whole dynamic is what makes the story so much more interesting to me than, say, Mass Effect, where I couldn't really relate to any of it at all (though I enjoyed it).

Also playing TW3 is way more fun than watching GoT. At least if the character does something retarded, it's our own fault.
I have to say that the (Bloody Baron spoiler)"penance walk" and Naming that the Bloody Baron has to do if you choose to uncurse the Botchling is a pretty drat moving part of the game. Hell, it even managed to make me feel sad for an alcoholic, wife beating murderer, which you'd think would be impossible.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Can someone give me a link to what I should read to get caught up from witcher 1 and 2 before I play 3?

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

Bob NewSCART posted:

Can someone give me a link to what I should read to get caught up from witcher 1 and 2 before I play 3?

http://kotaku.com/a-beginner-s-guide-to-the-world-of-the-witcher-1704506152 (from the OP)

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Bob NewSCART posted:

This Kotaku article is pretty good

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

If Skellige's most Wanted doesn't play out like an episode of Bay Boys starring nothing but trolls I'll be extremely disappointed.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Palpek posted:

I think those quest lines were good because they didn't pull any punches. They had character and some twisted stories that were simply interesting to uncover which is why they stood out next to all the cookie cutter quests and 'oh boy you're a chosen one' main story. This is again why Witcher 3 is so good as it's full of stories like those, it surprises me with actually original plot that I want to see unfold and characters that are actually fun to watch react/talk. Something that doesn't exist in Bethesda games. Not mentioning honest to god good humor with snappy punchlines.
Yeah I'm tired of being the nameless chosen one that doesnt speak and has no actual character. Being forced to play a specific person is fine by me because he has enough dialogue options, skills, and equipment to be my version of that specific person.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
You know what I think? The inventory for armor and swords should work like dark souls. Whichever one you have equipped should have weight, but the others should just be there in like a separate inventory that isn't weighted.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Ice Fist posted:

If Skellige's most Wanted doesn't play out like an episode of Bay Boys starring nothing but trolls I'll be extremely disappointed.

Geralt better be hunting down people for the trolls. I did whatever I could to not fight the rock trolls. Geralt was their buddy!

Ice Fist
Jun 20, 2012

^^ Please send feedback to beefstache911@hotmail.com, this is not a joke that 'stache is the real deal. Serious assessments only. ^^

Codependent Poster posted:

Geralt better be hunting down people for the trolls. I did whatever I could to not fight the rock trolls. Geralt was their buddy!

I didn't specify which role, the cops, or the bad boys, they should play. I'll be happy with either tbh because a toll master criminal sounds as amazing as a troll police officer.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Ice Fist posted:

a troll police officer.

Stop! Witcher badman, troll arrest. Witcher sword drop, poot hands on heads.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

5er posted:

I love this game, but fucks sake the load time is the worst of any game I've had on the PS4 (and a few PS3 games too). I already get pretty grumpy when I get the poo poo kicked out of me in a fight.

Edit: Whoops, PS4. Nevermind.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Pellisworth posted:

Stop! Witcher badman, troll arrest. Witcher sword drop, poot hands on heads.

"Me am ask question. Me gun. Four bull eats? Five bull eats? Me no count. Me ask, you lucky poonk?"

Riso
Oct 11, 2008

by merry exmarx
Bad trolls
Bad trolls
Whatcha gonna do
Whatcha gonna do
When they whump on you

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
There are no repeat offenders on Skellige. Because the troll cops eat all the bad guys. And other cops.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Dis day epsode Witchers: Witcher go swamp, whump downer. Den hit big bugs. Human give witcher shiny pebbles. Witcher yell at troll crew. Say, go away from human place. We confused. Witcher not let us follow, how make epsode?

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

Ice Fist posted:

I didn't specify which role, the cops, or the bad boys, they should play. I'll be happy with either tbh because a toll master criminal sounds as amazing as a troll police officer.

Mister Shine, him diamond.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Codependent Poster posted:

I'm pretty sure I've posted this before but I don't even care: trolls are the loving best. Especially the one in The Volunteer :3:

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

re: Trolls - I still want a DLC where Thaler goes and makes those trolls the shoes he drat promised, especially when I sided with him and Roche in the end against Dijkstra!

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Sylphosaurus posted:

I have to say that the (Bloody Baron spoiler)"penance walk" and Naming that the Bloody Baron has to do if you choose to uncurse the Botchling is a pretty drat moving part of the game. Hell, it even managed to make me feel sad for an alcoholic, wife beating murderer, which you'd think would be impossible.

Yeah. That was some moving poo poo, really. I really do think he feels remorse, and while his daughter (understandably) doesn't forgive him, I'd like to think the wife gets cured and they work it out. It's the Witcher though, so chances are she turned into a hellspawn and he's now tormented for all eternity by a Noonwraith. The writing is phenomenal in this game.

Oh, and I hosed up that penance walk the first time by going to far ahead of him. That reaction was pretty :stare: too.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Azazell0 posted:

re: Trolls - I still want a DLC where Thaler goes and makes those trolls the shoes he drat promised, especially when I sided with him and Roche in the end against Dijkstra!

You know that troll you find in the swamp that thinks he's part of the army now and asks you find paint and when you do you paint a (bad) crest on the walls for him and he's overjoyed? I want him to have a fleet. BOAT GO THAT WAY NOW!

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
At some point in the game they should have had a troll do the loading cutscene narration instead of Dandelion. Missed opportunity.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Riso posted:

Bad trolls
Bad trolls
Whatcha gonna do
Whatcha gonna do
When they whump on you

Oh, that's easy, you just swish-a-swash-a-swunk them.

Minor sidequest spoilers for Miners in Trouble:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrBTfwU1Xt4

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

JetsGuy posted:

You know that troll you find in the swamp that thinks he's part of the army now and asks you find paint and when you do you paint a (bad) crest on the walls for him and he's overjoyed? I want him to have a fleet. BOAT GO THAT WAY NOW!

That quest has the best player choice in all of gaming. if you do it for him, it looks like poo poo, but he's overjoyed. If you tell him to do it himself, he makes an absolutely GORGEOUS, professional looking crest, but he thinks it looks like absolute poo poo and starts getting down on himself about how bad it looks.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

Crappy Jack posted:

That quest has the best player choice in all of gaming. if you do it for him, it looks like poo poo, but he's overjoyed. If you tell him to do it himself, he makes an absolutely GORGEOUS, professional looking crest, but he thinks it looks like absolute poo poo and starts getting down on himself about how bad it looks.
I created a manual save there so I could go back to that quest to show friends. Because it is just that great.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
God drat it. I did it and didn't bother trying the other option because I assumed his would look even worse.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

echronorian posted:

I lose horse races all the time because the fucker sees a tree or some poo poo is this everyone's experience??

I've only lost 1 horse race and that's because I hosed up planning out for my stamina. If you're on the PC I recommend steering with your mouse instead of a and d.

Chickpea Roar
Jan 11, 2006

Merdre!

Sindai posted:

God drat it. I did it and didn't bother trying the other option because I assumed his would look even worse.

Same, but watching this video is the hardest I've laughed at a computer game in many years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ4OJdpCi1s

Good no birdo. Ugooly.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Sindai posted:

At some point in the game they should have had a troll do the loading cutscene narration instead of Dandelion. Missed opportunity.

That is my one real criticism of the game. The weird narration by "Dandelion" that keeps interrupting my loading screen :(

Badly Jester
Apr 9, 2010

Bitches!

Chickpea Roar posted:

Same, but watching this video is the hardest I've laughed at a computer game in many years.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wJ4OJdpCi1s

Good no birdo. Ugooly.

My girlfriend, who generally doesn't care about non-Nintendo vidya, asked me specifically to let her know whenever I encountered trolls. Chargyman and ugooly are now words that I hear frequently, though not as frequently as turdy dump. These trolls have enriched my life, and I'm excited for the new quest already - didn't Comte say he was working on that, or am I misremembering things?

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Crappy Jack posted:

Goddamnit I wish I had saved that save state. gently caress you PS4 for only limiting me to 10 saves.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Do (some) decoctions come with an automatic low-level regeneration that's not part of its description? Because I just tried my first one and it turned my health bar green which I'd normally associate with being poisoned not with regenerating.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES

Randler posted:

Do (some) decoctions come with an automatic low-level regeneration that's not part of its description? Because I just tried my first one and it turned my health bar green which I'd normally associate with being poisoned not with regenerating.

If you notice, Geralt also has purple bulging veins when that happens. I always chalked it up to the game trying to advertise you were near (or at) full toxicity because those decoctions start at like 80/100.

Rated PG-34
Jul 1, 2004

I'm actually having fun with the Gwent mini-game. Is there anywhere I can buy cards to flesh out my non-Northern Realms decks?

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Rated PG-34 posted:

I'm actually having fun with the Gwent mini-game. Is there anywhere I can buy cards to flesh out my non-Northern Realms decks?

Taverns (beer mug icon) are the only reliable places that sell cards. Some merchants (sack icon) sell them, but the ones that do are rare and usually have to be rescued first.

Just about every vendor/armorer/blacksmith can be played for a single card each though, and most give monster/squirrel cards.

Is the Nilfgaard deck the most powerful? I seem to have a lot more success with it, but maybe that's because I only started to use it after getting most of the good cards...

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Azazell0 posted:

Need a quest where Geralt and Thaler get a drat bale of cocksuckin' leather and a minigame where Thaler makes two blasted pairs of shoeses Pogg for, and Rogg for.

Section 31
Mar 4, 2012

Section 31 fucked around with this message at 00:20 on Jun 23, 2015

Magni
Apr 29, 2009

Sylphosaurus posted:

The voice acting and dialogue you get from him in general, especially when you go down that path, is quite frankly some of the best I've ever seen in videogames. Hell, it's better than many actual movies. I'd say it's quite natural to feel sad for him given how much of a guilt-ridden wreck of a man he's become. It doesn't absolve him from what he's done, but it really does drive home that he's still human (if a deeply flawed one) and does ultimately still care about his family even after it all went to hell like this.

Davoren
Aug 14, 2003

The devil you say!

Huh, killing time on imdb, turns out the girl who plays Priscilla, Emma Hiddleston, is Tom Hiddleston's little sister.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

OAquinas posted:

Taverns (beer mug icon) are the only reliable places that sell cards. Some merchants (sack icon) sell them, but the ones that do are rare and usually have to be rescued first.

It's more specific than that. Most/all inkeeps (taverns) will sell cards. Only a select few generic merchants also have some cards for offer, in the central Velen villages of Midcopse, Lindenvale, Crow's Perch, and Claywich (the last needs rescued). There are no random merchants in Novigrad or Skellige that sell cards, though you'll want to play them for your random-won card. The only non-innkeep merchants that sell cards are those few in Velen.