Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Mr Snips posted:

If Arsenal do sign Cech which of their current keepers are they getting rid of?

Whichever Pole they still have around I'd guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
Cech is a phenomenal signing and I can't believe Chelsea are allowing it.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Ospina would probably be the one to see the door. I'd prefer a loan or something, though. He did well last year and is doing pretty well in the Copa America. He's better than Szczesny, but isn't homegrown.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

What's this Carlos Bacca geezer like? I wish we'd sign more 28 year olds, for real.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Bea Nanner posted:

Ospina would probably be the one to see the door. I'd prefer a loan or something, though. He did well last year and is doing pretty well in the Copa America. He's better than Szczesny, but isn't homegrown.

he's done well but he's too short and not top class, cech is

woj was awful this season but he's young and home grown and might get better

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

not not luvd posted:

he's done well but he's too short and not top class, cech is

woj was awful this season but he's young and home grown and might get better

Szczesny is already 25, Ospina's only 26, so I don't know if it makes sense to expect the gap between them to shrink. It would be better to keep the better keeper regardless of homegrown requirements. Obviously Cech is a massive improvement on either of them.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Arsenal with a good keeper might be a problem.

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)

not not luvd posted:

Chelsea probably (and rightly tbh) don't see Arsenal as a threat. Also Cech's been a long and faithful servant of Chelsea they'd have to be right cunts to not let him move where he wants.

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

not not luvd posted:

and might get better

Nope. He's 25 and still makes basic errors in judgement, for fucks sake. He'll always be second-rate.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

RVProfootballer posted:

Szczesny is already 25, Ospina's only 26, so I don't know if it makes sense to expect the gap between them to shrink. It would be better to keep the better keeper regardless of homegrown requirements. Obviously Cech is a massive improvement on either of them.

Wengy's hoarding homegrown players.

I don't think Szcz was as bad as he is being made out to be ITT, that one horrible meltdown at Southampton aside. I'd be ecstatic if Arsenal signed Cech and kept szcz as a backup.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

not not luvd posted:

Mourinho must know something.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;
Rangers have signed Danny Wilson on a free.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Shitshow posted:

Nope. He's 25 and still makes basic errors in judgement, for fucks sake. He'll always be second-rate.

i think it's more likely that woj improves with age than ospina gets taller at this point

Shitshow
Jul 25, 2007

We still have not found a machine that can measure the intensity of love. We would all buy it.

not not luvd posted:

i think it's more likely that woj improves with age than ospina gets taller at this point

The odds are about even, if you ask me.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I think we should keep Ospina because he has the better chant

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Brony Car posted:

Mourinho must know something.

He knows Abramovic is in charge

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Southampton have signed Maarten Stekelenburg on a season long loan. I don't remember him being great the few times I've seen him play but I know he'll be better than Gazzaniga.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

trem_two posted:

Mandzukic to Juve is now done, €19m fee plus up to €2m more in bonuses, 4 year contract.

Is this a steal considering his record or is he not as good as it suggests?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

The Big Taff Man posted:

Is this a steal considering his record or is he not as good as it suggests?

He's mental and pisses everyone off. Not a good match with Van Gaal

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

Starsnostars posted:

Southampton have signed Maarten Stekelenburg on a season long loan. I don't remember him being great the few times I've seen him play but I know he'll be better than Gazzaniga.

He was a garbageman at Roma and then he disappeared RIP

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

trem_two posted:

Mandzukic to Juve is now done, €19m fee plus up to €2m more in bonuses, 4 year contract.

So Juve now have Morata, Llorente, Mandzukic, Dybala & Tevez. Tevez will be off but which one of Morata/Llorente will leave?

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

rats off to ya posted:

So Juve now have Morata, Llorente, Mandzukic, Dybala & Tevez. Tevez will be off but which one of Morata/Llorente will leave?

Llorente almost certainly unless RM want Morata back.

rats off to ya
Jul 22, 2008

Gigi Galli posted:

Yikes for some reason I thought he was younger than 30. Makes sense.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Gigi Galli posted:

Llorente seems like he's due for a payday from a mid table premier league side.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Brendan Rodgers posted:

What's this Carlos Bacca geezer like? I wish we'd sign more 28 year olds, for real.

Carlos "Baccman" Bacca is a treasure, who I pray every evening will stay right where he is.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Hashtag Banterzone posted:

Would be a great Pulis signing

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

Liverpool have been linked with him the last few days :downsgun:

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

EvilHawk posted:

Liverpool have been linked with him the last few days :downsgun:

Carlos Bacca too, who seems much more to the point than Llorente.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I'd rather have Cech/Ospina on evidence than any combination that involves Sirchesney, if he hasn't ironed out those baffling insanity moments that cost points/important games he never will at this point. Ospina is on the other hand solid and capable backup to a keeper like Cech at a club with aspirations of a title challenge.

Arsenal fans seem to be suffering with Stockholm Syndrome or something.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Think Liverpool will buy Clyne shortly. We don't have a right back, apart from Flanagan (who is injured and will be for a while iirc) and Wisdom (who is a centre back really and couldn't make the West Brom side) so I would be pretty happy with that. He's looked pretty sharp every time I've seen him play and doesn't seem to be a liability when defending like our other fullback.

Also we've been heavily linked with Real's Illarramendi. I haven't seen enough of him to comment but I do know every Real supporter thought he was terrible which is never a good sign. We really need some creativity in midfield though as right now all we have is workhorses.

Up front there are rumours of Bacca who looks good but expensive at twenty-one million (buyout) for a 28 year old. Probably worth paying a bit more for Benteke who is a lot younger and is Premier League proven. Would be nice to have a bit of physicality in the team too.

Still very little about who is going to leave the club but with so many players on the books I'm sure there will be movement sooner than later. I did see that Aspas has gone to Sevilla permanently which is good.

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747
Does the Illaramendi transfer have real legs? He was good at Real Sociedad.

The last thing I read said that Benitez was trying to get him to stay.

As far as Madrid fans not liking him, their standards are super high. I don't think he's been bad from what I've seen, but he hasn't been spectacular. Given the imbalance in the midfield, I'd be really psyched if Liverpool got Illaramendi, assuming that Rodgers has a real idea of how to use him.

Brony Car fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Jun 22, 2015

Parity warning
Nov 1, 2009

3rd Place, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

Ninpo posted:

I'd rather have Cech/Ospina on evidence than any combination that involves Sirchesney, if he hasn't ironed out those baffling insanity moments that cost points/important games he never will at this point. Ospina is on the other hand solid and capable backup to a keeper like Cech at a club with aspirations of a title challenge.

After Chesney's pathetic meltdown I don't know why you'd want him at all, but then again Ospina is Not Tall so

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM

Ninpo posted:

I agree. Woj isn't going to somehow become consistent by backing up Cech. And Arsenal have plenty of homegrown players.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I thought both United and Chelsea were after Clyne, how come he's suddenly settling for Liverpool?

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

I agree. Woj isn't going to somehow become consistent by backing up Cech. And Arsenal have plenty of homegrown players.

Yup

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ninpo posted:

I thought both United and Chelsea were after Clyne, how come he's suddenly settling for Liverpool?

Lot of rumours going around that he prefers Liverpool. Maybe Shaw told him that van Gaal is a retard or something. Also he's absolutely guaranteed to start with us whereas there's actually competition at United. He obviously wants to break into the England side and he won't do that if he's on the bench.

Also it wouldn't surprise me if you guys set your sights a little higher given the money you have and the fact you're back in the Champions League.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Ninpo posted:

Supposedly United are now after Monaco right back Fabinho

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ewar Woowar posted:

Think Liverpool will buy Clyne shortly. We don't have a right back, apart from Flanagan (who is injured and will be for a while iirc) and Wisdom (who is a centre back really and couldn't make the West Brom side) so I would be pretty happy with that. He's looked pretty sharp every time I've seen him play and doesn't seem to be a liability when defending like our other fullback.

Also we've been heavily linked with Real's Illarramendi. I haven't seen enough of him to comment but I do know every Real supporter thought he was terrible which is never a good sign. We really need some creativity in midfield though as right now all we have is workhorses.

Up front there are rumours of Bacca who looks good but expensive at twenty-one million (buyout) for a 28 year old. Probably worth paying a bit more for Benteke who is a lot younger and is Premier League proven. Would be nice to have a bit of physicality in the team too.

Still very little about who is going to leave the club but with so many players on the books I'm sure there will be movement sooner than later. I did see that Aspas has gone to Sevilla permanently which is good.

tbh I don't think Liverpool should sign Benteke because there are no signs that Rodgers knows how to use a striker with his skillset so he would probably not score many goals and people would make fun of the club for ruining another good striker and then he would be sold at a loss and score tons of goals for his next club.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Ewar Woowar posted:

Lot of rumours going around that he prefers Liverpool. Maybe Shaw told him that van Gaal is a retard or something. Also he's absolutely guaranteed to start with us whereas there's actually competition at United. He obviously wants to break into the England side and he won't do that if he's on the bench.

Also it wouldn't surprise me if you guys set your sights a little higher given the money you have and the fact you're back in the Champions League.

Clyne is quality though and his only real competition is a perpetually injured Rafael. :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Ninpo posted:

Clyne is quality though and his only real competition is a perpetually injured Rafael. :/

Yeah but Van Gaal is a nutter and would probably start Valencia over him anyway.

• Locked thread