Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

CharlestonJew posted:

Croc was boring
Copperhead was just Ras Al Ghul with a different skin
Firefly was pure repetition
All the Bane fights can suck my dick

The only interesting boss fight was Deathstroke

All the boss fights in Origins had a lot of spectacle and story within them and that's why they sold better to the audience than the previous games.

But I do agree when I say Deathstroke was the only really good boss, but I really did enjoy the Bane fights.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColonelJohnMatrix
Jun 24, 2006

Because all fucking hell is going to break loose

Gamespot is the place I trust most for reviews since their perspective seems to line up with mine most of the time. They also seem to be one of the only places where the review matches up with the final score, for better or worse. I will never get some places complaining about this and that for a game and then giving it an 8 or 9 after a bitchfest. I think there have been instances when Gamespot has been a bit overly critical of certain games but I'd rather have that from time to time vs. the typical "press release" style review that most seem to have.

Bring on the Batmobile bullshit!

edit for AO talk - The Deathstroke fight was pretty much the only part of that game that I remember so I guess that's a good thing?

ColonelJohnMatrix fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Jun 22, 2015

Pole of Mars
Aug 19, 2008

A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom

Hav posted:

Nuuvem codes are available. Not region locked.

Looks like they aren't selling it anymore, though.

I get this message when I try to redeem my Nuveem key. I sent Nuveem support a message about it already but I wanted to see if others got that problem as well.

Pole of Mars fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Jun 22, 2015

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Oh poo poo, this is out today and I still haven't started Witcher 3. Probably won't get to this game until Fall; quite a change from getting Arkham Asylum on release day for $15 due to the Best Buy pricing error.

As usual I'll wait for the RPS review.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

EDIT: Nevermind

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

It's saying "Unlocking in 5 hours" for me on the store. Midnight release?

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

Pole of Mars posted:

I get this message when I try to redeem my Nuveem key. I sent Nuveem support a message about it already but I wanted to see if others got that problem as well.

That's probably because it's the Harley Quinn DLC code.

I got the same thing from GMG because they put the DLC code above/before the main game code but didn't label either of them.

Just put in the other code you should have been sent and it'll all be fine.

Pole of Mars
Aug 19, 2008

A wop bop a loo bop a lop bam boom

Kin posted:

That's probably because it's the Harley Quinn DLC code.

I got the same thing from GMG because they put the DLC code above/before the main game code but didn't label either of them.

Just put in the other code you should have been sent and it'll all be fine.

You were right! I was sent the correct code just as I saw your answer.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Can't wait to prepurchase from Steam when I get home specifically to play as that really hideous oldschool costume for the entire game.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Pole of Mars posted:

You were right! I was sent the correct code just as I saw your answer.

N'thing Kin. My code has gone through and I'm preloading.

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

I'm not gonna get the pre-order stuff from putting in my Nvidia key, am I? For once I actually kind of want that Batman Beyond skin.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

turnways posted:

I'm not gonna get the pre-order stuff from putting in my Nvidia key, am I? For once I actually kind of want that Batman Beyond skin.

I might be wrong but I think you get the Beyond skin just for having it on steam. Harley Quinn was the preorder bonus, and she'll show up in the season pass eventually if you aren't too worried about having that right away.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

There's no way to download the day one patch on the ps4 without getting the game first, is there?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Not without getting the game.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

iGestalt posted:

It's saying "Unlocking in 5 hours" for me on the store. Midnight release?

Yep looks like it.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

I've been replaying Origins to refresh my combat timing and you know what, after a year or so away from it, the bugs and the vitriol of 'not the joker again' syndrome, it's not actually that bad.

In fact as far as story goes it's downright enjoyable. I'm not being deliberately led from place to place by the joker, the enemies aren't stumbling over themselves to find reasons for you to fight them and Batman has the right level of Rage for my liking. Like, i've noticed that so far, right up to the Joker reveal, I've done nothing but follow clues/leads and deduce the crime in front of me.

Batman's even quoted "i dont have time for this poo poo" once or twice like he's actively aware that the interruptions to his main task are getting loving tedious.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
nooo goddamnit, I was supposed to sleep tonight :(

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I'm not gonna get it preloaded in time :cripes:

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

so I guess since there are people who already have the game, my question is: what's the scope of the challenge maps like? I loved doing the predator/combat challenge maps over and over in the arkham city with all the characters. do we have a number for how many there are in this one, is it more/less, etc etc

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
The 40% off code at GMG is the best thing ever. I all set to buy the season pass at full price, ha!

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Can we still VPN to Korea to unlock? Is that still a thing?

Otherwise I'll have to wait until tomorrow to play like some kind of sucker.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Anyone who has the PS4 version - is performance solid, or does it dip a lot?

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

I'm watching a stream of the early parts and holy poo poo, getting John Noble to voice the Scarecrow was a stroke of genius. He's going full Evil Walter and it's fantastic.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

Anyone who has the PS4 version - is performance solid, or does it dip a lot?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-hands-on-with-batman-arkham-knight

It's solid.

I'm waiting for word on if the PC version runs as smoothly.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
Are they going to keep making these? I can't see myself tiring of the formula.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

AngryBooch posted:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-hands-on-with-batman-arkham-knight

It's solid.

The AMD performance is bad enough that the first news announcement for the game on steam says they are sorry and are working on it.

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Do I have to have played origins prior to this to follow the story? I played the first two, ages ago it seems though.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

AngryBooch posted:

It's solid.

Fantastic! Maintaining the frame rate is the most important thing for me.

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Dogen posted:

The AMD performance is bad enough that the first news announcement for the game on steam says they are sorry and are working on it.

lmao

I'm glad someone buys their stuff so nVidia still tries to 'compete'.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
My earlier report was a bit erroneous. The game did keep the Origins Detective Mode features.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Dogen posted:

Looks like AMD just sent in the new drivers so maybe it's better now?

Luckily I have an nVidia card but I'm just wondering about overall optimization.

thebardyspoon
Jun 30, 2005

Blind Rasputin posted:

Do I have to have played origins prior to this to follow the story? I played the first two, ages ago it seems though.

Nah probably not, there might be some references in side stuff or the interview tape equivalents or whatever but the plot is purely following on from City.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

AngryBooch posted:

Looks like AMD just sent in the new drivers so maybe it's better now?

Luckily I have an nVidia card but I'm just wondering about overall optimization.

Optimization should be solid since they've done a good job of it in all the previous games, and have even been releasing some of those "Nvidia Tech" videos on their YouTube channel for Arkham Knight. Whenever a game has done that it usually means the studio has specifically been working with Nvidia to make things run as fast as possible to showcase the new graphics technology.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Still encrypted :mad:

peer
Jan 17, 2004

this is not what I wanted
It's unpacking now, try restarting steam

Fargin Icehole
Feb 19, 2011

Pet me.
Fuckin' A, I'm preloading.

I sure hope that by doing this I got the Dark Knight Steam skin, because I actually liked that story.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Blind Rasputin posted:

There's one thing that happened in City you'll probably want to know about, storywise, but that's about it.

Here is a major spoiler for City if you haven't played it, but you want to know:

Joker died.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

peer posted:

The restart did the trick, though i hope that 30 minutes to update is an exaggeration :(

edit: yeah, it's the patch.

It must be loving huuuge.

Kin fucked around with this message at 00:14 on Jun 23, 2015

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

peer posted:

Err what timezone are you in, or is this a troll? I think it's just the day one patch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Croc
Dec 19, 2004

A-well-a everybody's heard about the bird!

OH YEAH!

Unpacking on steam for mes flipping between 20mins and 2 hours :/

• Locked thread