Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
I found your explanations really interesting Anoni.

It's really fun to see how other people were thinking when things were going on.

I know I kinda lost it last night, and I apologize. That was a real emotional roller coaster within 24 hours. I never want to be the center of attention for something like that, but I let him get under my skin.

I'm not sad that I played. I had fun, a lot of stressful fun, but it was worth it. Screw that guy lol. People might disagree that I made it to the end on my own (with no exit strategy lol) but I know I did, and that's pretty cool for never seeing this game before. I'm a really big survivor fan, but it's a lot different when you're actually doing it, and it's different simply because literally anyone could be talking at any time, and it's not like you can catch them sneaking off together.

I'm also happy to explain why I thought anything stupid I did was actually a good idea at the time, or how I perceived an actual agreement apparently very differently than others. And I had some questions for other people if they feel like answering. But I'm here. I had fun. I'm chill now.

The big reason I got along with Mmm so well during the game was that he really liked to talk specific strategy (or knew that I did) and that was a HUGE part of the fun I had during the whole thing.

Probably the big question I guess...WHY TAKE MMM AT FINAL FOUR?

He didn't talk me into taking him to the end. It was like 10% honestly he just deserves it for how much effort he put in (like just on a personal level), 40% it sticks with my strategy of being an honest player and keeping my word and 50%, if I drop him now, I'll be going back on my word, everyone will think I lucked into that final win in the crappiest way possible, and they'll just be pissed I voted out baby Jesus and just vote for imgay or anoni at random. LOL.

So I was kinda stuck, because of some circumstances of my own making.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I wouldn't argue that I talked you into taking me at the final 4. I'd argue that I talked my way into an alliance and convinced you to stay bound to it, much before the final 4. The situations you're describing of you not wanting to go back on that were a result of our earlier alliance and conversations.

I'm not saying you didn't make your own decisions, but I think I did have influence.

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

Seriously everyone isn't in their right minds when the game ends, regardless of how well or poorly you played. There's an emotional investment in the game that isn't really obvious on the outside, brought about by far too many hours spent in tribe docs and on skype and on those hours spent waiting for the other shoe to drop when a tribal is taking place as you second guess everything you know.

Sometimes it comes out in a big release. I wouldn't sweat it.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

I wouldn't argue that I talked you into taking me at the final 4. I'd argue that I talked my way into an alliance and convinced you to stay bound to it, much before the final 4. The situations you're describing of you not wanting to go back on that were a result of our earlier alliance and conversations.

I'm not saying you didn't make your own decisions, but I think I did have influence.

I'd say that your best move was allowing me to keep thinking that since I kept my promises that people would respect that. Or at the very least not laughing at me for it. Like, if I had any idea that Garth would be mad at me or that my actions would be perceived as sneaky, or going around the rules, I would have known that I was now a villain. If you'd corrected that notion at any time, obviously, it would have put you in danger.

I mean, I didn't know why chic and Garth considered me part of an alliance at all. They never came to me and asked me for anything specific, or talked any strategy at all. That's the important part there. If someone doesn't share their game plan past the next vote, then they're not really trying to play with you. So I just sat there at the end of the kill off the sexies Skype group, after the merge, and as long as they kept just telling me stuff.... Well ok. Like, what are you guys doing? I mean, what was I gonna say? I think I shouldn't be here in this group anymore?

On the one hand, it felt kind of insulting, like I didn't really matter enough to make a formal alliance after the merge, ,lol but on the other hand, I was happy to play possum. But at the same time, it was like they sorta just gave orders whenever there was a vote, and as long as it aligned with my interests, I was like "okay". And when it didn't I tried to get them to change it to go my way. I almost had the vote off of Mmm and onto jato, til Narcotics talked to chic, and that's how you guys both lost your idols.

At the time though, I had zero idea they considered it a formal thing without asking me at all. (Garth did come to me earlier and asked for an alliance but at the time, I had too many things going on, and I really wanted to play with Garth, but I just made the no-vote deal to save my rear end in case we lost again before the merge)

But I not mad lol. :) well played. Still the most fun person to talk to like the entire time. And a good win :)

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

I played assuming you continuing with us was in your best interests. I never considered that asking you for a formal alliance would cause you to play against your best interests, so I never thought you wanted or needed it.

I figured everyone knew MMM would win in a jury vote. I can't say getting rid of me was a wrong play for you, I just think you're argument would have been stronger if you voted against me than trying to keep your word. If you thought people would value game over emotions why does it matter that you kept your word?

Ultimately, your argument appeals to no one. Emotional players still feel like you betrayed them regardless of the fact that you technically kept your word, game-respecting players respect the move regardless of a broken promise so the semantics argument comes off as weak.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Imgay

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
the thing i'll say is that when you first posted about this in the survivor TVIV thread. i was the first one to respond and i told you what i though was the best advice: read the previous threads and vistas.

had you taken that advice you may have realized how the previous juries acted, you might have sooner realized how serious of a jury threat mmm was. i mean who knows, maybe you also would have learned something else that made you act differently and actually get voted out sooner, but you kept saying how you didn't read the other threads in an effort to stay fresh. i don't think that was a point that really worked in your favor all that much.

knowing how the previous threads went helped me, and i doubt anyone held it against me for trying to be prepared. preparation is a huge factor in mmm's challenge wins, after all.

anyway, i'm not trying to just rag on your game. like i said, it was strong and it made you an interesting player to watch.

thanks for coming up with the best merge tribe name in SA so far, even if the others didn't see the obvious beauty and decided against using it.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

garthoneeye posted:

I played assuming you continuing with us was in your best interests. I never considered that asking you for a formal alliance would cause you to play against your best interests, so I never thought you wanted or needed it.

I figured everyone knew MMM would win in a jury vote. I can't say getting rid of me was a wrong play for you, I just think you're argument would have been stronger if you voted against me than trying to keep your word. If you thought people would value game over emotions why does it matter that you kept your word?

Ultimately, your argument appeals to no one. Emotional players still feel like you betrayed them regardless of the fact that you technically kept your word, game-respecting players respect the move regardless of a broken promise so the semantics argument comes off as weak.

Oh I get it afterwards. I mean I get why nobody liked my idea in the end. It's still something that I personally would respect. I felt like it was a good way to make a specific deal that was mutually beneficial, unless you could figure out a way get rid of it, when it was no longer useful to you. but I'm definitely not going around in circles about it with everybody again hahaha.

It's very clear that I didn't understand how others would see it. :) no argument here.

Yeah it was just that sticking with you guys wasn't for me. I could not trust chic at all, and I felt like I'd be the bottom of that three for sure, plus Mmm was my only formal alliance since day 1 and imgay and anoni were literally the other people I talked to first in the whole game. I was talking to Mmm and Anoni almost every day and Imgay less often. Plus where you and chic would stay voting as a twosome, Mmm, anoni and imgay were very much individual actors, with more room for me to play around with the dynamics. (I'm not saying I was great at it or anything lol). Plus you guys wanted to vote anoni and I wasn't gonna do that no matter what, so it was the time to pick one side or the other.

Just know that even though you feel like it's semantics, that I respected you and I kept my word not just for the game but because I would not go back on my word to you (I hope that means something)

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

You keep saying you felt you were on the bottom of the 3 (not true because I was more scared of Chic than you in FTC), but how does that really matter when there is a Final 3? Just afraid of the final four outsider winning immunity?

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Adus posted:

the thing i'll say is that when you first posted about this in the survivor TVIV thread. i was the first one to respond and i told you what i though was the best advice: read the previous threads and vistas

thanks for coming up with the best merge tribe name in SA so far, even if the others didn't see the obvious beauty and decided against using it.

I tried to, but I just didn't have that much time. I mean, yes I could have maybe read through Three or four seasons completely, but I felt like it would be like ... How do I put this... Learning say Japanese as an adult, and understanding the words, but never really grasping the underlying meanings.. Does that make sense? I read around maybe 2 in total, but in different parts, and then decided that it definitely wasn't the same as watching it in real time, or understanding which of these people already knew or other, and not getting a lot of the references, and as far as the vistas, I thought if I read one, then I wouldn't want to play anymore. Hahaha. So it wasn't laziness, but. I get what you're saying. Mmm spent hours studying and practicing for every challenge and that helped him a lot. That wasn't really an option for me, because I just plain didn't have the capability to beat him In Anything like that, no matter how much I practiced.

Arrrgghh the tribe name. I drew that flag but the name is not my fault! It wrote it as a placeholder but nobody would step up and pick something. I love the name weregays but it's like 1 persons name, and that doesn't seem like a cool thing to do. :)

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

garthoneeye posted:

You keep saying you felt you were on the bottom of the 3 (not true because I was more scared of Chic than you in FTC), but how does that really matter when there is a Final 3? Just afraid of the final four outsider winning immunity?

More like, did I want to sit next to chic and Mmm or you and Mmm at the end? I don't think so. My goat status would have been hilariously worse. I mean you have to give yourself some chance of getting votes in your head, but the jury was so mixed up, was there ANY choice I could have made at that point where I get more votes? The only people left were my three og friends and two people who I'd been stuck together with the longest.

I guess that's a lot of words for bottom of three meaning the dog in the group. You just said you were more scared of Chic hahah.

Anyways this game is complicated and I did not expect to get nearly that far, so it's not like I didn't think ahead but sometimes I just didn't have any good options. Mmm did a good job in the early weeks getting rid of people that wouldn't vote for him before they could make it to jury, but I was still getting my footing and figuring out Skype :lol:

I was trying to push the all swole thing really hard, because that left people no sexies to hide behind or to put on the jury by making a too small alliance and then feeling bad when they got voted out. Hahah but unfortunately because we lost so much, we did that, then they still kicked out a sexy first, then we lost again, and it wasn't till all those tribals that they voted a swole, so it was pretty late on when i had to switch up entirely, and think of the whole thing in a new pattern. Which I sucked at hahaha!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
In the end, Doggpickle, it's ultimately meant be a fun game to play on the forums. Don't let it get in your head too much. Remember the fun times you had with it, and follow along with the next edition, whenever that happens. :)

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Silly Burrito posted:

In the end, Doggpickle, it's ultimately meant be a fun game to play on the forums. Don't let it get in your head too much. Remember the fun times you had with it, and follow along with the next edition, whenever that happens. :)

Yeah I'm good now man thanks! It was just heartbreaking to lose but I got over it over night lol, but then-you-know who came in the next day and put me down again. No big deal :)

It was cool. I would warn anyone trying to for the first time that it is a huge commitment! I'll be happy to watch the next one. I think since nobody knew me, and I didn't know what I was doing, it both led to me getting farther, but also ultimately to me losing pretty hilariously. It was fun! It just took a day to realize that :lol:

I really do love Surivivor though, so playing it from the inside was really different and interesting. There is a true mental difference in how you think it feels to not know what is going on for sure, and to actually NOT know what is going on for sure. Hahaha

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Hey dogg remember when you were being all self-righteous about how you never went back on your word? Check out this quote from your own confessional

quote:

I still haven't set a vote on anyone I promised (cept Narcotics, sorry girl you are just too unpredictable and loving up my game) and I've gotten rid of THREE idols in one go.
so don't act so loving high and mighty like you should have won when you flat out betrayed me.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Hey dogg remember when you were being all self-righteous about how you never went back on your word? Check out this quote from your own confessional

so don't act so loving high and mighty like you should have won when you flat out betrayed me.

Hey you're right. I forgot I said that. I never said I should have won lol hahahaha. I'm cool with what happened now.

I only knew you for one day, and in that time, you wrecked all the work I did to get the vote off of Mmm and onto jato, by going behind my back and contacting chic and proposing an alliance that included you and Mmm, they immediately knew you two were working together lol.

So that's how they justified voting for you or Mmm instead of jato, because now there was only a 50/50 chance of hitting the idol, (not knowing you both had one). Of course I was trying to get all the idols out, hahah, but I told you to play yours before the tribal, and then I also said at tribal that everyone that I know has an idol better play it. I had to vote with them to keep up appearances, but it wasn't a vote to send you home, and I never promised not to vot for you anyways. (My semantics problem again)

It's true I was trying to have it both ways, but I went back and forth all day about what I was going to do, and your last minute bid for an alliance without asking me first, made all kinds of scrambling happen right before tribal. Your name had never even come up before you did that. :downs: if you'd just asked me first, I would have been like no, no, no, no, don't do that! I know you were well liked, afterwards, and Mmm explained to me later why he wanted to take you to the end, but I just didn't get it within the short time I met you. Sorry you felt so betrayed about that.

Short version - your name wasn't even on the table til you put it there yourself, then I told you twice to play your idol, you didn't trust me,you didn't play it, and you went home. My not-so-witty remark there was in the heat of the moment, but I was sort of glad not to have you on my team for the rest of the game because you didn't communicate well with me. Sorry!

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

DoggPickle posted:

Hey you're right. I forgot I said that. I never said I should have won lol hahahaha. I'm cool with what happened now.

I only knew you for one day, and in that time, you wrecked all the work I did to get the vote off of Mmm and onto jato, by going behind my back and contacting chic and proposing an alliance that included you and Mmm, they immediately knew you two were working together lol.

So that's how they justified voting for you or Mmm instead of jato, because now there was only a 50/50 chance of hitting the idol, (not knowing you both had one). Of course I was trying to get all the idols out, hahah, but I told you to play yours before the tribal, and then I also said at tribal that everyone that I know has an idol better play it. I had to vote with them to keep up appearances, but it wasn't a vote to send you home, and I never promised not to vot for you anyways. (My semantics problem again)

It's true I was trying to have it both ways, but I went back and forth all day about what I was going to do, and your last minute bid for an alliance without asking me first, made all kinds of scrambling happen right before tribal. Your name had never even come up before you did that. :downs: if you'd just asked me first, I would have been like no, no, no, no, don't do that! I know you were well liked, afterwards, and Mmm explained to me later why he wanted to take you to the end, but I just didn't get it within the short time I met you. Sorry you felt so betrayed about that.

Short version - your name wasn't even on the table til you put it there yourself, then I told you twice to play your idol, you didn't trust me,you didn't play it, and you went home. My not-so-witty remark there was in the heat of the moment, but I was sort of glad not to have you on my team for the rest of the game because you didn't communicate well with me. Sorry!

That's bullshit. Narc's name was on the table that vote. I was talking to Idiot and Imgay about who they would rather see voted off between Narc and MMM from before that alliance offer. Narc's name came up because the MMM plan was exposed. It was crystal clear that they were a pair.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
See I didn't know that hahah :)

I didn't know you were also talking to anoni and imgay about it.

I played a really wish washy game and I know that. It's funny to find out later which things you knew and which things you didn't at what time. :) the above is how I saw it at the time.

I'm not claiming I did the right thing at any time, just explaining why I did it, to the best of my memory.

There's all kinds of stuff I wonder now, like when I went to Mmm about voting out Garth, had imgay really gone to him first about doing the same? Because that vote you guys wanted to vote for anoni and keep imgay? But imgay wanted to vote you at the same time. So if you had voted anoni first, you would have been gone next, because imgay would have been a better choice. Or maybe he was just playing both sides just like me? It gets a little hard to remember exactly what order things happened in. At least for me?

It was a long game hahaha :)

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

DoggPickle posted:

Oh so I guess when you proposed a final 3 alliance with me and mmm that wasn't a promise not to vote for me.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

DoggPickle posted:

There's all kinds of stuff I wonder now, like when I went to Mmm about voting out Garth, had imgay really gone to him first about doing the same? Because that vote you guys wanted to vote for anoni and keep imgay? But imgay wanted to vote you at the same time. So if you had voted anoni first, you would have been gone next, because imgay would have been a better choice. Or maybe he was just playing both sides just like me? It gets a little hard to remember exactly what order things happened in. At least for me?

It was a long game hahaha :)

Yeah, I didn't realize that Imgay was playing for AnonIdiot at that point. If I had I would have proposed taking out Imgay.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Oh so I guess when you proposed a final 3 alliance with me and mmm that wasn't a promise not to vote for me.

I didn't propose that. You guys came to me. I know ABSOLUTELY WITHOUT A DOUBT I remember that right. I was really really wishy washy about it. I was like, I don't know this person at all... I did agree, you are right. You're completely in the right to be mad at me. I was thinking, however, what the heck have I just done, and then a couple hours later you proposed an alliance to chic, and I was like, I've made a huge mistake here. That's why I sent you such a lovely message to play your idol. I was trying to have it both ways... To see if you could trust me, but also kind of "well if she doesn't, I'm kinda glad I got out of this one day alliance I didn't really want to be in".

You're completely right. I should have just said no thanks, I don't want to join this alliance, but I didn't know how to do that and I screwed up. And then I got out of it with the most dignity I possibly could, (which was not much). If you'd played your idol, I would have gone with you guys, but I still would have had reservations and we'd have had to have big talks about doing stuff without telling the others. and when you get to ftc you have to go with some kind of theme. I didn't do a very good job, but I knew I had lost. I never meant to be self righteous, it was more that I was mad at the time that some other people actually lied more and were beating me up about it. So I got really defensive.

What's done is done :) I didn't mean to hurt you personally. But I DID not propose that alliance. Most definitely not.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO
Hahah maybe now I'm thinking Mmm told you I wanted to join you and then told me the opposite and then just shoved us together. Hahahaha

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

garthoneeye posted:

Yeah, I didn't realize that Imgay was playing for AnonIdiot at that point. If I had I would have proposed taking out Imgay.

I know I keep posting a lot, but it's fascinating to find out what other people were thinking at the same time.

The dynamics between imgay and anoni were really interesting. Imgay told me that he'd promised to protect Anonidiot and take him as far as possible, yet I talked to anoni a lot, and half the time, he was really worried about what kinds of things Imgay was up to, and didn't know if he could trust him. So, in some ways they were like a voting block, but in others they were just completely autonomous people. Even at the end, anoni wanted to force a tie between Mmm and Imgay (which he knew Mmm would likely win) and actually voted for imgay. Then imgay voted for Anoni at final. :)

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I really want to know, who wins between imgay anonidiot and doggpickle final 3

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

This seems like a pretty big insult.

I was only going surface level Dynasty Warriors Lu Bu who ground everyone into dust unless all of the three kingdoms united against him like the battle of Si Shui Gate~

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

DoggPickle posted:

Hahah maybe now I'm thinking Mmm told you I wanted to join you and then told me the opposite and then just shoved us together. Hahahaha

It's possible? I can't remember exactly. I certainly wasn't trying to malicious to you but def wanted you two to be allied.

Anyway, the mafia thread will up tonight.

garthoneeye
Feb 18, 2013

JakeP posted:

That's really tough to say. If Imgay plays for himself in FTC, it comes down to Dogg and Imgay. If Imgay tries to rally support for AnonIdiot I think Idiot takes it.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also as long as we're chatting it's total bullshit that I've been to the final 5 twice in this game and didn't get an AHM avatar either time

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

Also as long as we're chatting it's total bullshit that I've been to the final 5 twice in this game and didn't get an AHM avatar either time

i barely made jury and got mine :shrug:

mine was actually a punishment :smuggo:

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Also for the record my kneejerk panic lie re: MMM and ANNarc was literally the only lie I ever told this game so you saying you couldn't trust me makes me laugh kinda, because I never once lied to you and also told you straight-up what was going on in our chat.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

JakeP posted:

I was so curious about that I polled the jury about it right when they submitted their votes. I asked them, if it was this other f3, what do you do? It went 3-2-2 with Dogg taking 3, but that's without the FTC so who knows? With the FTC :iiam:... Hmm, the hypothetical imgay voters were Chic and Rurea and they probably wouldn't have voted for Dogg under any circumstances, but would they have voted how imgay asked them to? It's really impossible to say.

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 22:21 on Jun 21, 2015

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Chic Trombone posted:

Also for the record my kneejerk panic lie re: MMM and ANNarc was literally the only lie I ever told this game so you saying you couldn't trust me makes me laugh kinda, because I never once lied to you and also told you straight-up what was going on in our chat.

Well to be fair, it wasn't a lie, but a long continuing spy operation. Do you want to know the completely stupid thing that made me really mad? Lol. You used my pinky swear on Mmm while you were playing him. I thought, after that, nothing she says can be trusted again. It was also because you started going against our first alliance as soon as the merge, which was just Mmm I guess, and I can't truly remember why. Plus, because I was confused and didn't know what was happening, I kept lying to Mmm on your behalf for like a week, in case it was some kind of ploy. Since you didn't come to me personally and ask for a new deal, I considered any deal between us as null and void. I completely understand now how the way I was thinking did not make sense to other people, but that's just how I felt then.

Re: the possible votes - I would not have done at ftc what people were probably expecting, like go full on - yup I just took out every single person on the jury. So that count would have gone down. Because I never felt that way at the time. I did actually vote out every person on the jury hahaha, if you count my two throw away votes where the intent was the same. It's pretty funny to realize afterwards that if I'd just been like "yup, I voted every single one of you out, yet I caught One Vote for the entire game" that I might have possibly won. It's all water under the bridge :)

It's hard to explain how hard it is to really quantify what is happening while you are doing it, or how other people are perceiving you. It's humbling! I'm not brave enough to read the vista and I have no plans to do so lol.

I also think that reading confessionals Is kind of misleading, like I know for me at least, I didn't keep a log of my posts, so they might not have made sense from one to the next, plus they're really like a snapshot in time, whereas the game is running 24/7 in your head and a million different thoughts might have happened in between or the general feeling you had probably didn't come through entirely.

I'm definitely going to be watching the next one! :dance:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
I know that in my season, my early confessionals come off like I was an arrogant prick.

Because I was.

And then poo poo happened. poo poo happened, and it made me look like a gigantic d-bag. That's what this game is: poo poo happens, and you have to roll with it. When I got to the end, it was because I absolutely could not win. And knowing that I was the zero-vote-getter, I was still nervous about making it to the end.

I guess my point here is that self-awareness is the final be-all end-all make-it-or-break-it. You have to go into FTC able to own up to the game you played, one way or the other. If you try and obsfucate your game, you have another one coming because the jury has had the chance to confer. If you try to keep up a lie you've been telling, either to yourself or to others, you have another one coming because not only has the jury been conferring; they're not stupid.

These dumb internet reality games make fools of us all. I know I'm glad for having had the experience, and Madame Pickle, I hope you are, as well. It's a fascinating microscope to take to oneself; it's a lot of pressure, and I found, personally, that it illuminated aspects of my personality that needed a bit of work. A year later, I wonder how I'd approach this sort of thing (spoiler alert: the world will never know, and that's a good thing).

Chin up. You made it to the end! It takes a lot of moxie to pull that off.

Congratulations to MMM, but congratulations to all three of you. It's a hard road, and there's good reason why virtually nobody else in the world will understand it; you have to be slightly insane to take it on, and you have to be strong as hell to make it all the way through.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Hey! Did you play this season of awful survivor? Did you watch this season of awful survivor? Was your life irreparably harmed by Awful Survivor in the past?

If you answered yes to any of these questions, you gotta play ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ Mafia!

This game is designed to be accessible to people who have not played mafia before or rarely play mafia. It is a very good time and I highly recommend it.

This game of mafia will be chill and not near the emotional intensity of survivor. Sign up if you'd like to play another forum game but would also like to relax with chill folk.

DoggPickle
Jan 16, 2004

LAFFO

Propaganda Machine posted:

I know that in my season, my early confessionals come off like I was an arrogant prick.

Because I was.

And then poo poo happened. poo poo happened, and it made me look like a gigantic d-bag. That's what this game is: poo poo happens, and you have to roll with it. When I got to the end, it was because I absolutely could not win. And knowing that I was the zero-vote-getter, I was still nervous about making it to the end.

I guess my point here is that self-awareness is the final be-all end-all make-it-or-break-it. You have to go into FTC able to own up to the game you played, one way or the other. If you try and obsfucate your game, you have another one coming because the jury has had the chance to confer. If you try to keep up a lie you've been telling, either to yourself or to others, you have another one coming because not only has the jury been conferring; they're not stupid.

These dumb internet reality games make fools of us all. I know I'm glad for having had the experience, and Madame Pickle, I hope you are, as well. It's a fascinating microscope to take to oneself; it's a lot of pressure, and I found, personally, that it illuminated aspects of my personality that needed a bit of work. A year later, I wonder how I'd approach this sort of thing (spoiler alert: the world will never know, and that's a good thing).

Chin up. You made it to the end! It takes a lot of moxie to pull that off.

Congratulations to MMM, but congratulations to all three of you. It's a hard road, and there's good reason why virtually nobody else in the world will understand it; you have to be slightly insane to take it on, and you have to be strong as hell to make it all the way through.

Haha this is a great post :) like I said, I'll be happy to watch the next one, and I'm proud I did it at all, but I sure as hell won't be doing it again! :dance:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

join my game dogg

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
mafia is dumb and also bad but join his game so you can experience the pain firsthand

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames
Counterpoint: Mafia is good and still join it.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Eight Dollars posted:

Counterpoint: Mafia is good and still join it.

you first

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Adus posted:

mafia is dumb and also bad but join his game so you can experience the pain firsthand

In my experience, it takes about 5 games before Mafia becomes fun (but then it becomes really fun).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eight Dollars
Nov 14, 2012

Pretty pictures in small frames

I'm going to be hosting a game! I can't do both at the same time it'll kill me!

• Locked thread