Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Inflammatory posted:

i'm fine with common rider or unlicensed/licenceless rider, but mumen rider is just lazy.

This is my stance as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.
Short new chapter.

Just some filler, hope it gets back on track to the main story soon.

Mraagvpeine
Nov 4, 2014

I won this avatar on a technicality this thick.
I like how some heroes aren't going down like chumps.

Davinci
Feb 21, 2013
This filler is good filler though.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Sadly he is but filler, but at least he seems like a cool dude until he gets chumped on.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
It's cool to see Golden Ball wasn't killed by the seaweed monster :allears:

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I'm down with this.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Filler is padding to stretch something out, that is not what this is. It's an expansion of the story for the purposes of the story. It's not like this is a direct and exact translation anyway, it's an adaptation that is very faithful.

Unless you want to say other side stories are filler to. In which case you're wrong and I feel sorry that you don't understand divine revelation.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Gyges posted:

Filler is padding to stretch something out, that is not what this is. It's an expansion of the story for the purposes of the story. It's not like this is a direct and exact translation anyway, it's an adaptation that is very faithful.

Unless you want to say other side stories are filler to. In which case you're wrong and I feel sorry that you don't understand divine revelation.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

"Filler" has become as meaningless and stupid as "mary sue"

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It's definitely odd to me, having already read the ONE version this stuff really throws me off, not really a bad thing at all, but it makes me a bit confused as to why because (slight spoilers about the overall arc) the arc is already pretty freaking long, like reading it all in one go gave me tons of moments of wondering how much loving longer could it possibly take, and that was cool, but yeah, already stuffed to the brim with stuff so more story is kinda head-tilting. Still hype, tho.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I like how this match up makes a lot of internal sense. Whether you wanna call it filler or bonus poo poo or whatever, the biggest problem people have when an adaptation adds something on is whether or not it actually makes sense.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
Golden Ball Shot First

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
He cut GBs beer in half. You don't cut a man's beer in half.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.
Actually, the rest of the redraw is just Garou hunting down every hero named so far till we get to saitama last

This is not a one version spoiler, just a joke

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Fellis posted:

Actually, the rest of the redraw is just Garou hunting down every hero named so far till we get to saitama last

I would be okay with this if we got to see more Watchdog-Man.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Kegslayer posted:

I would be okay with this if we got to see more Watchdog-Man.

I am sorry but watch dog man had to go back to his home planet.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~
Is Watchdog-man his own best friend? :raise:

tsob fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jun 22, 2015

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Fellis posted:

By saying it's not a spoiler, you're now spoiling that it doesn't happen like that. This is the the risk of knowing spoilers.

Sefer
Sep 2, 2006
Not supposed to be here today

Clarste posted:

By saying it's not a spoiler, you're now spoiling that it doesn't happen like that. This is the the risk of knowing spoilers.

You're assuming that he's read the ONE version or that, having read it, he actually remembers everything that happens during this super long story line.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Clarste posted:

Lol

Jintor
May 19, 2014

dude could also be lying youuuuu donnnnn't knowwwwwww

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

Clarste posted:

Truly we are cursed to only talk about what just happened, and how great it is.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Bald Cape punches the bad guy

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Kild posted:

Bald Cape punches the bad guy

Mods??

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Have we had a god level threat yet?

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Zzulu posted:

Probably Boros if anyone besides Saitama had encountered him. :v: But nothing confirmed on screen yet.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Zzulu posted:

Vaccineman

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Zzulu posted:

Boros and Asura Rhino would definitely count, but Saitama met them before an official announcement could be made :toot:

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

gnome7 posted:

Boros and Asura Rhino would definitely count, but Saitama met them before an official announcement could be made :toot:
Boros yes, but Asura... meh. He was a total chump.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Bisse posted:

I would probably put Asura in the Dragon Level threat area.

Boros was for sure a God Level threat. As the definition for it is, threat to the entire planet.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

MonsterEnvy posted:

I would probably put Asura in the Dragon Level threat area.

Boros was for sure a God Level threat. As the definition for it is, threat to the entire planet.

He only visited the planet to fight Saitama as the prophecy predicted though

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Jose posted:

He probably could have destroyed the planet though, or at least heavily wrecked all of human civilization pretty easily.

He was just lucky enough to park his ship right on top of Saitama.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

Jose posted:

I highly doubt that if he had won he'd have gone "Okay that was a good fight, now I will take my merciless band of intergalactic killers and thieves and go off somewhere else, peace"

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
I always assumed threat level was determined by power, not aims.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

Shugojin posted:

He probably could have destroyed the planet though, or at least heavily wrecked all of human civilization pretty easily.

He was just lucky enough to park his ship right on top of Saitama.

Since he came specifically to find Saitama, I doubt it's luck at all.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Prison Warden posted:

Since he came specifically to find Saitama, I doubt it's luck at all.

All he said about the prophecy was "person is somewhere on Earth", but hey :v:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Bisse posted:

I wouldn't put Asura on the level of Boros, but I wouldn't call him a total chump either.

After all, he was the first and only villain until Boros to realize that Saitama was powerful at a first glance.

That's gotta count for something.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

the only barometer we have for badguys is how fast they chump genos

altho i think that giant guy could have been a god level threat. He destroyed a city faster than boros

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Bad Seafood posted:

I always assumed threat level was determined by power, not aims.

Yeah same.