Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Sinnlos posted:

Well you guys did chase off Majorian and ZenVulgarity hasn't been posting in here yet so I'm the last Jesus poster

you should seriously get around to jesusposting more your protestantism posts are sorely missed

that is, i missed them if you made them in the last thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Venom Snake posted:

The WH40k setting/universe has had a LOT of video games made about it, Warhammer Fantasy not so much.

GW doesn't pass up money no matter were it comes from.

i gotcha.

has anyone been keeping a close eye on what's going on with star wars battlefront? there's one make or break detail that is literally the only thing i care about and will decide whether or not i get it. is the combat still the style where there's a ticker at the top saying like 250 men - 250 men, and whoever ends up at 0 first loses? because i'm no fan of the star wars theme, but that all out loving brawl style game was fun as hell and i played the poo poo out of one of the old battlefronts.

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

tentative8e8op posted:

I think everyone should get along, and I feel like nationalizing many necessities would do wonders

I approve. Welcome comrade.

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

you should seriously get around to jesusposting more your protestantism posts are sorely missed

that is, i missed them if you made them in the last thread

No I got dumb and lazy as Americans are wont to do

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

LorrdErnie posted:

why are you listening to hate speech

Listening to this John Oliver sketch and the harassment examples.

So maybe not "hate speech" in the right context but still pretty lousy.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

my vote for favorite poster goes out to you, our lurkers

without your continued support chat thread wouldn't be what it is

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Volkerball posted:

i gotcha.

has anyone been keeping a close eye on what's going on with star wars battlefront? there's one make or break detail that is literally the only thing i care about and will decide whether or not i get it. is the combat still the style where there's a ticker at the top saying like 250 men - 250 men, and whoever ends up at 0 first loses? because i'm no fan of the star wars theme, but that all out loving brawl style game was fun as hell and i played the poo poo out of one of the old battlefronts.

From the trailer it looked like it but idk for sure

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
more fun foodservice labor law: there is a thing in america called a "breastaurant". the gimmick is that the food is served by attractive young women in revealing clothing. this is a problem because in america you cannot discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, age, or race.

so what you do instead is contract your server jobs out to a 'modeling agency' which signs individual contracts with women who must meet strict physical requirements (cup size, weight, fitness). they are not actually servers, they are models who work in a restaurant

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

PupsOfWar posted:

the rulebook is 480 pages, not counting faction-specific handbooks or supplements

lol.

i dedicate my posting in this thread to wheez the roux, as this will be the first chat thread he won't post in.

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

this is shameless pandering

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Berke Negri posted:

PBS thanks you.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Popular Thug Drink posted:

more fun foodservice labor law: there is a thing in america called a "breastaurant". the gimmick is that the food is served by attractive young women in revealing clothing. this is a problem because in america you cannot discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, age, or race.

so what you do instead is contract your server jobs out to a 'modeling agency' which signs individual contracts with women who must meet strict physical requirements (cup size, weight, fitness). they are not actually servers, they are models who work in a restaurant

Is this how hooters works?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

V. Illych L. posted:

so i'm assuming that you p. much live on tips, yeah? you earn minimum wage + tips?

Not even. I earn server wages, mostly, plus tips, plus I get compensated for gas based on mileage. I make minimum in the store and server wages while I deliver, meaning a lot of the time I'm just making 4.25 an hour all night

Case in point last night

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

site posted:

Bots will be garbage, classes will probably all be incredibly similar, and the teams will be too small

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

Sinnlos posted:

No I got dumb and lazy as Americans are wont to do

dumb? certainly

i don't think laziness is an american stereotype, though, so you don't get to hide in that

yeah y'all illuminated me on this in the last thread, i have no idea how your feminists aren't vandalising these places en masse

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Needs more biker shoot outs.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

im going to fall out of the top 20 posters this time because my new job starts soon and i will actually need to work there and be doing cool poo poo

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

site posted:

i watched some trailer or teaser or something and didn't see it. i hope so. it'd be even better if the next gen systems could handle it without respawning. just pop 500 dudes from each side onto a map and whoevers side is completely dead first loses.

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

site posted:

Is this how hooters works?

Hooters, Twin Peaks, and Tilted Kilt

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

kill all lawyers btw

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sinnlos posted:

I approve. Welcome comrade.

seconding this, make sure if you get a new av to add the gang tag I have on.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Sinnlos posted:

Hooters, Twin Peaks, and Tilted Kilt

Tits a Living!

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

V. Illych L. posted:

dumb? certainly

i don't think laziness is an american stereotype, though, so you don't get to hide in that

yeah y'all illuminated me on this in the last thread, i have no idea how your feminists aren't vandalising these places en masse

Fair enough. I have a bunch of words on Lutherans in the US but I'm not happy with them yet.

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

also you can end up paying $40-$50 for a box of 10 little plastic men

that's regular little plastic men, not particularly-valuable ones or fancy resin kits

you need at least several sets of little plastic men to play, so it costs at minimum several hundred dollars to get into.
this is the principle reason why it is so much more mockworthy than most other nerd hobbies

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

tentative8e8op posted:

I think everyone should get along, and I feel like nationalizing many necessities would do wonders

ya but how do you feel about animes

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

site posted:

Majorian got banned getting mad in some e/n thread i guess.

i thougth he got banned for making a banme post

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

LorrdErnie posted:

paging e marx

you're only allowed one poll per thread though :/

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Volkerball posted:

i gotcha.

Yeah it will be pretty much the same, luckly EA is smart enough to know not to mess with the formula I guess.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
who's the guy starin at the burg in the dadchat gangtag?

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Jesus this sketch.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
Technical Knockers Out!

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

joeburz posted:

kill all lawyers btw

I wonder how precedent for this practice got established

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Volkerball posted:

lollll you dont know?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Sinnlos posted:

Bots will be garbage, classes will probably all be incredibly similar, and the teams will be too small

Hopefully with the new systems we can finally get back to 64v64 again.

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Volkerball posted:

Its a deep dish and my personal hero Thomas Friedman

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

V. Illych L. posted:

jesus loving christ

do you ever use english swear words while you're speaking norsk

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Volkerball posted:

also its a deep dish pizza

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Swan Oat posted:

i thougth he got banned for making a banme post

Maybe. I don't know the whole story.

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Volkerball posted:

Wait until I get drunk on a payday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

PupsOfWar posted:

also you can end up paying $40-$50 for a box of 10 little plastic men

that's regular little plastic men, not particularly-valuable ones or fancy resin kits

you need at least several sets of little plastic men to play, so it costs at minimum several hundred dollars to get into.
this is the principle reason why it is so much more mockworthy than most other nerd hobbies

would there be any functional difference if you bought a bag of green army men and stuck little post it notes to them saying what they are? or checkers pieces?

• Locked thread