Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Baron La Croix posted:

When and where was this theme used?

Chono began using it around '99 and I'm pretty sure he's used it ever since.

(Aside from him using Hashimoto's intro before the '05 G1 final)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Baron La Croix posted:

that's masahiro chono's music after the nwo came back in 99 as part of nwo japan in new japan pro wrestling

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Yeah, Team 2000 was Chono's massive heel stable after nWo Japan, featuring such members as Super J (the former nWo Sting), Don Frye, Mike Barton (Bart Gunn), and Giant Singh (the Great Khali)

21 Hoot Salute
Feb 8, 2005

Night-time, turn around
Lonely is the city tonight
Night-time, all around
Lonely in the city tonight

Baron La Croix posted:

Was also used during Chono's best entrance ever :allears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn7cFGXHvqo

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Which was unfortunately overshadowed by Onita's entrance, which was the greatest ever in wrestling.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Which was unfortunately overshadowed by Onita's entrance, which was the greatest ever in wrestling.

AHEM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNqDi6fByEE

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Chono began using it around '99 and I'm pretty sure he's used it ever since.

(Aside from him using Hashimoto's intro before the '05 G1 final)

earlier than that http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6phvp_jushin-liger-hashimoto-hirata-vs-ch_sport

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014
I was expecting the raptor.

Well, I got it, in a way.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I'm pretty sure like half the ECW roster wore a denim vest at one point or another. I know both Raven and Pillman did once or twice.

And I remember seeing some footage of Storm in one during the thrillseeker days.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Ziggler owns and his denim vest owns, you assholes :mad:

His career will never again reach the heights of his MitB cash-in or beating 3 guys in the main event of Survivor Series but I'll always have those moments :unsmith:

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

St Evan Echoes posted:

Ziggler owns and his denim vest owns, you assholes :mad:

He's like if Shawn Michaels wanted to be Scott Aukerman but wasn't as talented or charming as either of them.

Skjorte
Jul 5, 2010
I laughed when Ziggler's denim vest had a bootleg 'Megadeath' patch on in the last WWE special. I like Ziggler himself well enough, but whenever he's talking, I can't help but think of that interview he did--I think--a few years back where he smugly implied that he was not just the hardest working in-ring performer in the WWE, but actually just about the best mic guy (or better than Punk, at least), too.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

I recall reading somewhere that it was his theme as early as '94 when be turned heel (though without the 20 sec intro in 2000 Crash version)]

He started using it in '96 after all.

Love that theme. :allears: Great use of the harpsichord.

Ghostpilot fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Jun 22, 2015

Cromulent
Dec 22, 2002

People are under a lot of stress, Bradley.

Skjorte posted:

I like Ziggler himself well enough, but whenever he's talking, I can't help but think of that interview he did--I think--a few years back where he smugly implied that he was not just the hardest working in-ring performer in the WWE, but actually just about the best mic guy (or better than Punk, at least), too.
I always got a kick out of him non-ironically referring to himself as a "stand-up comedian, I wrestle to pay the bills."

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
I always enjoyed the anecdote where Dolph used to bang Amy Schumer but she said he was too athletic in bed for her. It always makes me think of American Psycho.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Did she mention if he oversells his O face?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Maybe he was overselling and smacking his skull on the bedpost.

Lurkee Mcgee
Jun 5, 2006
Everyone's forgetting about the best in the vest, Scott Hall.

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

I Before E posted:

He's like if Shawn Michaels wanted to be Scott Aukerman but wasn't as talented or charming as either of them.

I would actually prefer it if Ziggler started wrestling in chinos and a sweater vest, all available now 20% off from Bonobos with the promo code BANG BANG, instead of an ill fitting denim vest with hot topic patches sewn onto it.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

MEGA DEATH is my favorite metal band

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

The new Poisson album is pretty good.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Deaf Leopard might not be as strictly metal as some, but I still think they're cool.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I've always wanted one of these shirts:

e: vv :tipshat:

jesus WEP fucked around with this message at 15:53 on Jun 22, 2015

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

St Evan Echoes posted:

I've always wanted one of these shirts:

http://skreened.com/30rock/music-band

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

super macho dude posted:

The new Poisson album is pretty good.

Now I want a metal version of that Les Poissons song from the Little Mermaid.

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Has Taker ever gone into detail about what it was like to work with the Ultimate Warrior?

6EQUJ5 6 7
Sep 1, 2012

I'd do the same as you.
Has Taker ever gone into detail about anything?

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Perfidus posted:

Motorcycle trips into the desert with Big Show.

ZoDiAC_
Jun 23, 2003

Perfidus posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjQTK_MpFXc

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

"The one thing that I don't wan't to be is past my prime, I don't want to be out there in the ring with people saying 'you should have seen him here.' I don't want people feeling sorry for me."

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

That DICK! posted:

"The one thing that I don't wan't to be is past my prime, I don't want to be out there in the ring with people saying 'you should have seen him here.' I don't want people feeling sorry for me."

To be fair, despite being broken down to the point he only wrestles once a year now, the only really lovely matches Taker has had in the past ten years involved either Khali or him being concussed.

Psybro
May 12, 2002
Has anyone ever used a Morricone theme for their entrance? If not, why the gently caress not?

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Psybro posted:

Has anyone ever used a Morricone theme for their entrance? If not, why the gently caress not?

Terry Funk used to use Man With a Harmonica

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

That's perfect for Terry Funk.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Spermgod posted:

Terry Funk used to use Man With a Harmonica

Yeah, he used that in the U.S. territories a lot and it fit him perfectly. Chances are Terry Funk's the answer to any given "Has any wrestler ever....." questions given the length and breadth of his career.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine

Thauros posted:

Yeah, he used that in the U.S. territories a lot and it fit him perfectly. Chances are Terry Funk's the answer to any given "Has any wrestler ever....." questions given the length and breadth of his career.

"Has any wrestler ever been greatly disappointed by the pyro display when time ran out in an exploding ring deathmatch they were participating in?"

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Also, while It wasn't exactly a Morricone theme Eddie Kingston used to use a instrumental version of Blueprint 2 and that sampled Ecstasy of Gold heavily.

Thauros fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jun 22, 2015

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Terry Funk is the greatest wrestler of all time.

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Gonzo McFee posted:

Terry Funk is the greatest wrestler of all time.

And to prove it, he's going to try to live for all time.

(Seriously, Terry Funk will outlive us all.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ColeM
Dec 23, 2007
New User Alert!

a retard posted:

To be fair, despite being broken down to the point he only wrestles once a year now, the only really lovely matches Taker has had in the past ten years involved either Khali or him being concussed.

Or any involving kane.