Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Also I spent a lot of yesterday hitting zombies with a hammer with Paragon

Then I helped Moses fight Nyarlathotep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

Gravel Gravy posted:

Request that we close the thread for a brief 30 minutes so I can get bread and cheese. Sort of stop the clock.

I haven't caught up with you yet

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

sudo rm -rf posted:

i guess that makes going to hooters problematic

hm yes it's the labor law loopholes that makes hooters problematic

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
are the armys from wh40k the figurines that people get super into painting? i guess that at least somewhat redeems that part as sort of a hobby of its own if i'm remembering right.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Sinnlos posted:

I haven't caught up with you yet

I know that's why I said it.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Jesus you bastards post fast

That's the idea, though i hear you had a lot of posts in the last edition.

Small Frozen Thing posted:

Also I spent a lot of yesterday hitting zombies with a hammer with Paragon

Then I helped Moses fight Nyarlathotep

Moses badass or no?

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

sudo rm -rf posted:

do you ever use english swear words while you're speaking norsk

"gently caress" and "loving" has made the leap, otherwise some people will use a few words here and there

occasionally i'll use "jesus christ" with an exaggerated accent, for instance. it's v. individual, but the only word that's really been adopted wholesale is "gently caress". our equivalents, "knull" and "pul" just aren't as satisfying as cusswords

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

Literally The Worst posted:

And his name

Was Noam Chomsky

I actually can't remember his name which might be hosed up

but i literally met him that evening and never saw him again.

motorcycle accident :\

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Volkerball posted:

are the armys from wh40k the figurines that people get super into painting? i guess that at least somewhat redeems that part as sort of a hobby of its own if i'm remembering right.

Yeah, everything comes unpainted. You get people where all they do is paint, and not really fight. Conversions are also a big and fun thing where you customize models.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sinnlos posted:

Actually you wanna play Only War?

Never played it before but sounds like fun.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
gravel gravy is averaging well over a post a minute.

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

sudo rm -rf posted:

do you ever use english swear words while you're speaking norsk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h9g-M1QIG3s

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy

Volkerball posted:

all the warhammer people i have known spent way more time on collecting and painting than the actual game yeah

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU
Here is a thought experiment:

You can live in a world where you have a small chance to have a large number of posts but a greater chance of only a few posts

or

You can live in a world where everyone has the same amount of posts.

What do you choose?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Volkerball posted:

you can also buy model kits and do the same painting without giving your arms, one leg and your firstborn to GW

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

idunno anything really about nerdgames, but i saw this today and lold

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
a hooters was going to open here

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

interestingly, there are serious differences in dialects re: how we adopt foreign words. i'd say it like this guy, easterners would say it like "føkk" it's v. odd

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

Never played it before but sounds like fun.

Alright. I'll shoot you a PM and recruit people from here when it slows down. Got an idea for a game where D&D posters would get to make dreams a reality

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Exclamation Marx posted:

you're not missing anything.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Volkerball posted:

Yup. Check out the painting thread in TradGames or old issues of White Dwarf after GW bought it, people have done some insane poo poo. I saw a Warmachine model once that was a fuckoff huge robot and the dude had taken little regular soldiers from another army and cut them in half and put them around its feet like it had stepped on them and painted blood splatter on the feet and poo poo

It gets nuts if you get really into it

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Volkerball posted:

gravel gravy is averaging well over a post a minute.

It may look glamorous but I just got home from work, in gym shorts and white t in a dimly lit room. This isn't a standard that should be admired.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sinnlos posted:

Alright. I'll shoot you a PM and recruit people from here when it slows down. Got an idea for a game where D&D posters would get to make dreams a reality

oh my god YES

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Exclamation Marx posted:

it's gone now

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Sinnlos posted:

Yeah, everything comes unpainted. You get people where all they do is paint, and not really fight.

it's me

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

requesting the steam group be added to the OP, op

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Gravel Gravy posted:

Here is a thought experiment:

You can live in a world where you have a small chance to have a large number of posts but a greater chance of only a few posts

or

You can live in a world where everyone has the same amount of posts.

What do you choose?

The first, as the latter could result in no posts

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
But yeah this poo poo is moving FAST atm

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Volkerball posted:

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

Venom Snake posted:

Playing is fun D&D and I want to do it more.

im playing a 3.5 ebberon campaign as a psiforgd psion shaper who believes he has read the prophecy of the dragon and is destined to lead the world to a more perfect crystalline form with the warforged ruling over the fleshy races

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Venom Snake posted:

oh my god YES

There will be communism and tanks

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Venom Snake posted:

But yeah this poo poo is moving FAST atm

We're going the distance, we're going for speeeeed.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Sinnlos posted:

a game that makes irl full communism and anime real?

mighty big promises there

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

ReidRansom posted:

a game that makes irl full communism and anime real?

mighty big promises there

In game

I cant make it real irl, I'm not Ron Paul

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Gravel Gravy posted:

We're going the distance, we're going for speeeeed.

She's all alone

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

i tried playing warhammer for a while

i assembled my minis, but i am super poo poo at painting so i eventually gave them away

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

LorrdErnie posted:

im playing a 3.5 ebberon campaign as a psiforgd psion shaper who believes he has read the prophecy of the dragon and is destined to lead the world to a more perfect crystalline form with the warforged ruling over the fleshy races

Im currently doing a dnd campaign w/ friends set in a custom world made up of various bad kung fu/martial arts movies slapped together in 18th century china. I'm a ranger that's basically evil lara croft and is helping bring imperialism to the region.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

site posted:

That's the idea, though i hear you had a lot of posts in the last edition.

Moses badass or no?

He's going by the name Khalid right now, but seeing as he's talked about how Egypt was the land of his birth and he has a magic staff and is thousands of years old and one of his missions is named "The Unburnt Bush", I'm pretty sure he's Moses
Also he points out how dumb having a PvP element while the apocalypse is rapidly approaching is

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Raskolnikov38 posted:

you can also buy model kits and do the same painting without giving your arms, one leg and your firstborn to GW

model cars and poo poo suck and take way more work

Sinnlos posted:

Yeah, everything comes unpainted. You get people where all they do is paint, and not really fight. Conversions are also a big and fun thing where you customize models.

this is what i plan on doing if i end up getting back into it, except again, warmachine/hordes because it's a little bit cheaper and also way cooler

id be lying if i said i wasn't idling in the wargames channel on irc and occasionally asking about starter boxes for 40k armies tho. part of me will always think a space marine army is dope as hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

Berke Negri posted:

here's a question for (and just for) our lurkers: who is your favorite poster out of last threads top ten

Zoux

• Locked thread