Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Oh, I was wondering when we'd be getting a new thread. How are all y'alls doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Volkerball posted:

my first posts on sa were super loving embarrassing in retrospect. i tried to migrate a little too early, and had to go back to newgrounds to grow up some more.

Same except Penny Arcade

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Volkerball posted:

hahaha you spent ten bucks for the loving politoons thread?

it was kind of fascinating the amount of vitriol they had for one of my friends, plus jokes about mallard fillmore are one of the highest forms of art, falling slightly below only garfield jokes. it grew tiresome though as the 5 minutes of hate poo poo became really cyclical

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Literally The Worst posted:

Hauling a big shipment of mRios out of northdakota on down to New Mexico huge market for Marion's there

I do not enjoy to do the business of mRios, because they lack levels and you must sell for such a price as to not make the money. The Marions are another problem, because whenever I have dealt with the handlers of the cypriot games front I have always been made a burn.

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Wow six years later this is still a thing?

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

my posting timeline

halo message board (03-04)
atlanta falcons message board (05-12)
gamespot system wars (06-07)
sw2 (07-13)
sa (11-now)

also this post made me realize i missed my 10th anniversary date on atlantafalcons.com

i'm actually kind of sad about that.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Hey AA I'm sorry for kicking off that derail in minwage but gently caress GP for real real

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

also i've used this same avatar since like 2009.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

quote:

The Valhalla DROian economy, worth 196 billion guzzolines a year, is broadly diversified and led by the Arms Manufacturing industry, with major contributions from Basket Weaving, Cheese Exports, and Book Publishing. Black market activity is notable. Average income is 39,220 guzzolines, and evenly distributed, with the richest citizens earning only 4.2 times as much as the poorest.

Crime, especially youth-related, is almost non-existent, thanks to a well-funded police force. Valhalla DRO's national animal is the Wives, which can occasionally be seen sifting through garbage in the nation's cities.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
the region of dadchat will be shiny and chrome or it will burn

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Hey AA I'm sorry for kicking off that derail in minwage but gently caress GP for real real

Pretty sure there wasn't a rail at that point. Let's hope mass purges will improve things. If it worked for Stalin...

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

What is you do?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
one of my earliest internet memories was when i got bored playing pokemon on gameboy and started looking up pokemon mmo's on the internet. i found one that was basically text based where pokemon could go up to level 25000 or something ridiculous, and i found out a way to glitch the cheap rear end game and get that done really quickly. but there were a bunch of idiots who really struggled with it. so i started up a nursery business where people would give me their pokemon, i would level it up to max, they would pay me, and i would give them their pokemon back. well, actually, i wouldn't give them their pokemon back. i would just laugh at them. there wasn't anything i could really use their pokemon for. i just liked seeing them flip out in private messages. and so volkerball learned how to play video games.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Pretty sure there wasn't a rail at that point. Let's hope mass purges will improve things. If it worked for Stalin...

It would have worked better if Stalin just purged the idiot from another country who was insisting he understood the plight of American poor better than poor Americans, who he insisted weren't actually poor

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Gravel Gravy posted:

What is you do?

Went after GP for being an ignorant gently caress who pulled some retard no true Scotsman poo poo but about poor people

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

"I Lost on Jeopardy": the Goon Anthem?

Went after GP for being an ignorant gently caress who pulled some retard no true Scotsman poo poo but about poor people

Don't worry - he shits up the Finnish Politics and European Politics threads in a similar manner.

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

Don't want to end up a cartoon

In a cartoon graveyard

paranoid randroid posted:

so weve got lordernie, who is probably an irl cultist, and sinnlos who is probably an adjunct defense against the dark arts teacher

lolled 10 pages after

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Oh, I was wondering when we'd be getting a new thread. How are all y'alls doing?
Just fine.

Thanks for fixing the 2016 primary thread, it was getting dumb.

Also thanks for firing off all the probations fairly, instead of just firing like the IDF does.:v:

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Absurd Alhazred posted:

oh good, eagerally awaiting when my downloaded copy of arkham knight unlocks and plotting a revolutionary purge of mods and pony tail havers, you?

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
seriously though i'm happy to see you've finally unfurled your glorious mod wings

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

Berke Negri posted:

imagine a d&d where every poster was DVox

i think i had a nightmare like this after taking inhuman amounts of painkillers plus benadryl

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer

Gravel Gravy posted:

Request that we close the thread for a brief 30 minutes so I can get bread and cheese. Sort of stop the clock.
CAR!

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

wtf is thsi, also i read lexicon it was a pretty alright book would actually recommend

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
tornado spotted ten minutes away. :munch:

nothing is going to happen and i'll be disappointed

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

my first post was on serebii.net, probably in some stupid newbie welcoming thread. then I posted on the penny arcade forums in SE++ for a while, then came here. I also can't believe that nationstates is still alive, I was doing that back in middle school

esto es malo
Aug 3, 2006

In a cartoon graveyard

oh poo poo that vid of cnn discussing walmart removing confed flags from store has cornel west talking to some mega white chick, i gotta watch that later

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
im just gonna xpost this from the m/e thread because holy loving lol

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

joeburz posted:

oh poo poo that vid of cnn discussing walmart removing confed flags from store has cornel west talking to some mega white chick, i gotta watch that later
Oh yeah:

Joementum posted:

Walmart is going to stop selling Confederate flag merchandise.

And now we play the waiting game for the inevitable culture war backlash....
I wonder if this is going to be a little bit of a change from the normal "do nothing"

fade5 fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Jun 23, 2015

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Volkerball posted:

:ohdear: please stay safe!

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Volkerball posted:

famous last words

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jagchosis posted:

im just gonna xpost this from the m/e thread because holy loving lol

obama walked all the way to the twitter store for that bad news. :(

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

paragon1 posted:

famous last words

i thumb my nose at the tornado gods

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Well that was a read. Dudes been getting worse it seems.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
so my roommate adn i are wathcing some awful canadian show about a vampire with ginormous tits and apparently im not allowed to take my pants off while we watch it, i can't believe shes oppressing me like this

Rodatose
Jul 8, 2008

corn, corn, corn

Volkerball posted:

i thumb my nose at the tornado gods
go fly a kite

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Game on!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

fade5 posted:

Just fine.

Thanks for fixing the 2016 primary thread, it was getting dumb.

Also thanks for firing off all the probations fairly, instead of just firing like the IDF does.:v:

paragon1 posted:

seriously though i'm happy to see you've finally unfurled your glorious mod wings

:clint:

paragon1 posted:

oh good, eagerally awaiting when my downloaded copy of arkham knight unlocks and plotting a revolutionary purge of mods and pony tail havers, you?

Just chilling a bit before I do a bit of reading for my dissertation, which despite us living in the 21st Century refuses to write itself.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Gravel Gravy posted:

Well that was a read. Dudes been getting worse it seems.

literally told me to just work a few extra days like i'm not already working full time and then some

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Rodatose posted:

go fly a kite

it's not even windy enough to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

my earliest posting was on some houston are BBS and thus sadly is probably decaying in a landfill somewhere. i have no memory of what it might have been. probably complaining about legend of the red dragon or halp how do i telnet or some poo poo like that

• Locked thread