Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gatesealer
Apr 9, 2011

is there any way to fight enchanted fans after the earth crystal? Now that I can confuse monsters with a chemist I want to try and get white wind before world 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

mabels big day posted:

How much longer after the castle explodes do you get access to all the Fire Crystal jobs? I got Ranger and apparently I don't get it right away.

it's a short dungeon away

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

mabels big day posted:

How much longer after the castle explodes do you get access to all the Fire Crystal jobs? I got Ranger and apparently I don't get it right away.

After you catch the Black Chocobo it spits out the remaining shards.

Rixaxun
Jan 29, 2009

Whee. With chemist and bard, it would have been rude of me not to go for the triple kill. ON TO THE NEXT FIESTA!

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
Earth jobs acquired, Knight/Mystic Knight/Ninja/Samurai. Pretty much as :black101: as I can get without Berserkers.

mango sentinel
Jan 5, 2001

by sebmojo
Any tips for Garula with a grip of white mages?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
This is what happens when you grind to level 43 to beat sandworm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDhAO7Jecpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBbTrENBGaY

Peace out World 1!

Asiina fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Jun 23, 2015

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Rirse posted:

Is there a way to edit Bartz name after the game has started? Mostly since I got a save near where my progress was lost, but rather not keep the name Bartz had.

If you're playing the GBA version, input these codes as gameshark codes, then press select+R+down at the same time to pull up the name screen.

F77CCFB6375A
1BCD02D95254

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.
Alright, victory #2 down.

I don't know if I want to even try shinryu. I think its possible but it would be an exercise in frustration.

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
So while I'm running Omniscient out of MP (since my highly clever Time Leak strategy didn't work, as I didn't realize Time Leak also inflicts Sleep, and Omniscient is immune to Sleep) can someone help me figure out what the hell I'm going to do about Shinryu with my party of Beastmaster / Geomancer / Ranger / Samurai?

I was initially planning on berserking then blinding him then later realized I don't actually have access to creatures in World 3 that cast Berserk. The last one was Mammon in Mua in World 2... but, yeah, you don't get to go back to Mua. I think Rainbow Wind from Oiseaurares (inflicts Darkness / Mute / Sap) should work on Shinryu, but I'm not sure how Sap interacts with Shinryu's immunities.

My other option is to bruteforce it with a lot of Phoenix Downs but that would require me leveling up enough to trivialize NXD and I don't really want to have to do that.

Northan
Nov 6, 2011

Spear Spear Spear Spear
Spear Spear Spear Spear
First time play FFV and I finally have my full party of Black Mage/Berserker/Beastmaster/Dancer.

Any hot tips for this composition aside from looking up the cool pokes to mon and smashing as many rods as possible?

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

Brannock posted:

So while I'm running Omniscient out of MP (since my highly clever Time Leak strategy didn't work, as I didn't realize Time Leak also inflicts Sleep, and Omniscient is immune to Sleep) can someone help me figure out what the hell I'm going to do about Shinryu with my party of Beastmaster / Geomancer / Ranger / Samurai?

I was initially planning on berserking then blinding him then later realized I don't actually have access to creatures in World 3 that cast Berserk. The last one was Mammon in Mua in World 2... but, yeah, you don't get to go back to Mua. I think Rainbow Wind from Oiseaurares (inflicts Darkness / Mute / Sap) should work on Shinryu, but I'm not sure how Sap interacts with Shinryu's immunities.

My other option is to bruteforce it with a lot of Phoenix Downs but that would require me leveling up enough to trivialize NXD and I don't really want to have to do that.

Mammons on the roof of Exdeath's castle, where you fight twintania, can cast berserk. Use them.

Edit: Also you have to reflect it off of yourself, just so you know. Also yes the oiseaurares work to inflict blind on Shinryu. It's how I killed him on my last run.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank
It's been about 15 years since I actually played this game so I'm going bog standard Fiesta. On Android, because someone has to.

It took me longer to figure out how to get a screenshot from the tablet to imgur than it did playing to the wind crystal so screw resizing it...

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

Quick question, is there any real synergy between blackmage, berserker and bard? like, is it worth it to try and cross class any of their skills?

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Renzuko posted:

Quick question, is there any real synergy between blackmage, berserker and bard? like, is it worth it to try and cross class any of their skills?

Well bard can increase the level of the team making everyone deal more damage. Bard can also cast stop on every enemy which works for most normal mobs. Black mage can heal a team member if you get grab a fire ring. Giving a bard black magic is pretty useful too.

Berserker will always be a lone wolf that hunt on their own very slowly while dealing mediocre damage.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
Got my Water job, and it's Red Mage. So I'm Time/Red so far. I have to say I kind of miss my early Freelancer time because I got to use the weapons I normally never used like the Ashura and whip and diamond bell, up until Garula. I'm looking forward to slingin' spells and breakin' rods all over the place.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Renzuko posted:

Bard and Black Mage can use each other's skills when you want to have more than one singer or caster. You can give a Berserker !Black or Equip Harps to increase their magic stat, which lets you do extra damage with the Rune Axe (and Equip Harps also carries an Agility boost, which makes Berserkers fast). I guess you could put Equip Axes on a Black Mage or Bard if you wanted to have an extra physical attacker, but that seems like an odd strategy.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.
Away at the beach but I just checked and my first job is Knight. Score.

My first ever Fiesta commences in a week! :black101:

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Team Hack and Slash adds a berserker to the team.

...gently caress it, it's for a good cause. Question is, Summoner, Red Mage, Time Mage, or Mystic Knight?

Being able to Haste my wall of meat and metal is tempting, but so is summoning Ifrit. Or I could say "screw all that extra work" and start stocking up on Spells, be they Healing or just Black and Break to wreck shop.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
Alright, this is my first time doing this...also my first time playing FFV since I found the cart for the GBA version used at a corner shop.

I rolled Thief for Wind Crystal but Tule doesn't seem to sell any Daggers...am I stuck with the two until the next crystal shows up?

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Man you guys are fast.

Vampire (GBA)/Flash/Pond's Chorus were hilarious on Garuda and getting Shiva early (just because; forgot about !Call shenanigans). Snagged the Elven Mantle by running, too.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Come now! Look me in the eye and tell me - isn't this the face of a guy you can trust?
Lipstick Apathy
Got my last job - now I'm 3 berserkers and a bard. The bard also has a death sickle. :getin:

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
Any tips for dealing with Byblos? I've got a Monk/Knight/White Mage party in this random run. It's getting frustrating when he can basically reduce my damage to zero with Dischord while popping me for a 300 a shot with drain, or 250 each with Wind Slash.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

LordHippoman posted:

Alright, this is my first time doing this...also my first time playing FFV since I found the cart for the GBA version used at a corner shop.

I rolled Thief for Wind Crystal but Tule doesn't seem to sell any Daggers...am I stuck with the two until the next crystal shows up?

Skeletons in the Ship Graveyard drop them (1/16 drop odds). It's generally considered a rite of passage for Thieves to farm them when you get there. (remember that you can rest in the cabin of Faris' ship)

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Logicblade posted:

Any tips for dealing with Byblos? I've got a Monk/Knight/White Mage party in this random run. It's getting frustrating when he can basically reduce my damage to zero with Dischord while popping me for a 300 a shot with drain, or 250 each with Wind Slash.

Crack some Flame Rods.

I'm an idiot.

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Chaos is really loving with my tweeting for new jobs. Forgot to ask for the water job till after Karnak and the Fire job till after the library. I'd feel bad as my wind job was summoner, but accidently not using Bard and Ranger isn't exactly removing much challenge.

So yea, I actually wouldn't mind a Zerker as a Earth job cause at this point I'm gonna snooze through everything.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
First is Omega...

Honestly, I don't even know if Shinryuu's feasible with this party. But eh. I'll look into it.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Logicblade posted:

Break rods errday.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Dropped $5 on a Mystic Knight. Not gonna try the failed Berserker on Water for the third year in a row. It's a small price to pay to cleave poo poo the gently caress in half.

StrangeAeon
Jul 11, 2011

I did a little bit of practice before Fiesta started, but I only just entered world 2 before stopping. So this'll be my first Fiesta, and indeed my first playthrough of FFV!

The jobs I got are: Knight/Berserker/Ninja/RedMage

Death Sickles for the Berserker God!
Scrolls for the Scroll Throne!

Logicblade
Aug 13, 2014

Festival with your real* little sister!
White Mages can break rods? Crap man...

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Logicblade posted:

White Mages can break rods? Crap man...

They can't, I was mistaken.

MaskedHuzzah
Mar 26, 2009

Come now! Look me in the eye and tell me - isn't this the face of a guy you can trust?
Lipstick Apathy
I haven't really done much with the bard before - do the buffs last after the bard stops singing? I assume that the bard can only generate one effect at a time. And which is better - increasing level or power?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

MaskedHuzzah posted:

I haven't really done much with the bard before - do the buffs last after the bard stops singing? I assume that the bard can only generate one effect at a time. And which is better - increasing level or power?

They last until the end of the battle. Stop singing, people die, doesn't matter. So you start by buffing speed, then after a while of that, smack your bard to make them, stop, then do level.

It's completely insane for the final boss. Buff yourself to max during the first phase, murder him during the second phase. I'm guessing I won't even be seeing Almagest due to it.

Which is good, because there's no conceivable way I'm going to survive it without grinding forever.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Oh man oh geez.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

MaskedHuzzah posted:

Yes they do, and no, you can increase all of magic, strength, level, and agility to 99 with enough time singing.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Current crop of jobs is Blue Mage/Berserker/Beastmaster. On a Chaos Berserker Risk run.

Dunno what it is, but Gilgabot always gives me at least one Blue Mage during one of my runs each year.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Also Speed is always the best effect.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!
Welp, I've got Mystic Knight/Summoner/Red Mage so far on my chaos run. Gilgabot likes the water crystal, it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dire Wombat
Oct 29, 2011

In this world, there is no truth. The truth is made later on and overwrites what comes before it. Real truth doesn't exist anywhere.
I've got Thief/Berserker/Beastmaster so far. The four thief party was awful, and I had to grind to level 12 to beat Forza, but Garula went down on my first try somehow, and Liquid Flame turned out to be even easier. I just stole a bunch of Hi-Potions from the enemies in the ship and chugged them while the zerks killed her. This was all pretty dull since my options in battle were just "Attack" and "Potion", but now I've got a real job and I can start Releasing my way to victory.

• Locked thread