Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

bumble posted:

Boy is it!

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Sinlaeshel posted:

:eyepop: I don't like how that makes me feel

Well he is probably almost out of ink and gonna get splatted by that kraken roller.

Also if i had a dollar for every time I miss with the roller.

RadicalR
Jan 20, 2008

"Businessmen are the symbol of a free society
---
the symbol of America."
I'm loving this game so much. I hope Nintendo supports this for a long time. Radix is my name in case you see me!

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
inkling boy got a small rear end dick

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

ZeButler posted:

A tip for using Dynamos: Jump after you start the windup. It'll make you harder to hit, they can't really roll over you, and it makes your ink fly farther. Also, you have to be even more of a sneaky bastard with Dynamos than with normal rollers. Spend a lot of time hiding in your ink, and jump shooting at people. You should honestly not roll that often with a Dynamo, because it's slower than a regular roller, and takes forever to start up. It also empties your ink out very quickly.

I'm already so used to the Krak-on Roller's range and the spacing for it that I don't think I can unlearn it to try to use the Dynamo. It's just counter my playstyle. Glad other people have found a use for it though. I just want a regular roller with an Inkstrike... :(

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
The Dynamo is the worst roller, but rollers are bad people.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Most of the guns really do the same thing, the weapon selection is clever because it's sort of a difficulty setting you can opt-in to. There's one or two weird exceptions right now (i.e. the Nozzlenose) but generally the quicker a weapon is to fire between shots when you hold down the trigger, the more forgiving it is to use and the easier it'll be to do well with. There's a very broad spectrum in this regard, and everyone can find the risk/reward that suits their comfort level, but if you feel like matches are a little too easy you should try a slower gun and give yourself a little voluntary bump in difficulty. There's a pretty even risk/reward baseline and it scales up rather sharply the longer the time between your shots is, rewarding you for aiming before you pull the trigger and not so much afterwards.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My defenses are impregnable
My arms are tired

The T posted:

I just want a regular roller with an Inkstrike... :(

My dream loadout is a roller with seekers and a bubbler.
That or anything with ink mines and bomb rush.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

The Gorp posted:

this is overkill and hosed up

The T
May 29, 2010

A sufficiently chaotic system is maximally fair.

noirstronaut posted:

inkling boy got a small rear end dick

noirstronaut posted:

The Dynamo is the worst roller, but rollers are bad people.

I can't decide which of these posts is worse.

What I'm saying is you're a bad poster.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

he got a lil dick get over it

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

Turn left thread noooooooo

gameface
Nov 23, 2007

Reiley posted:

Most of the guns really do the same thing, the weapon selection is clever because it's sort of a difficulty setting...

Eh. I'm certainly fine with more choice, but one problem that arises with that comparison is that this is a team-based game. If you play poorly because you picked the 'hard mode' gun as it were, you drag everyone else down with you, even if they were using 'easy mode' guns.

Misandu
Feb 28, 2008

STOP.
Hammer Time.

The Gorp posted:

I feel like this load out would actually be really bad in practice.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

this game needs a shotgun, and i don't mean flicking with the roller. i want a shotgun that literally blasts a huge glob of paint like 5 feet out. i don't care how bad that would be, that's what I want

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

nintendo give me this gun

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

gameface posted:

Eh. I'm certainly fine with more choice, but one problem that arises with that comparison is that this is a team-based game. If you play poorly because you picked the 'hard mode' gun as it were, you drag everyone else down with you, even if they were using 'easy mode' guns.

As long as you pull your weight within your comfort zone you can usually make a meaningful contribution to the round, whatever that comfort zone happens to be. It's all just the difference between the Scatter Jr. and the Scatter Pro: they're both roughly the same SMG mechanic but one is a lot more forgiving with your aim than the other, and the other can splat in fewer shots if you can land your hits without a lot of tracking and aim-correction inside the slower firing rate. If one is overwhelming or underwhelming, you can move to something more or less forgiving. It's a good design to keep the game both accessible and competitive.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster

Zelder posted:

this game needs a shotgun, and i don't mean flicking with the roller. i want a shotgun that literally blasts a huge glob of paint like 5 feet out. i don't care how bad that would be, that's what I want

This is exactly what the Blaster is??????????

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

Zelder posted:

I personally think a charger that fires in a cone shape like a shotgun would be a nice fit and give variance to chargers.

Truxton
Oct 31, 2012
The Luna Blaster's description makes it sound like it'll be a shorter range blaster with a bigger splash. Maybe that'll be a more shotgun-ny weapon.

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

noirstronaut posted:

This is exactly what the Blaster is??????????

no a blaster shoots a big ball that goes forward and then explodes, i want a shotgun. please pay attention.

a blaster is aesthetically closer to a grenade launcher

Zelder fucked around with this message at 04:20 on Jun 23, 2015

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
It shoots a huge glob of paint more than 5 feet out I am so confused

Zelder
Jan 4, 2012

the ball aspect makes it not a shot gun. I am very peculiar about my fake paint guns

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
That's kind of what the inkbrush is.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

noirstronaut posted:

he got a lil dick get over it

SilverSupernova posted:

I was trying to get a snapshot of another Miiverse image when I paused. I wouldn't be able to time a shot like this again if I tried.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
So a slow Aerospray with a longer range

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Bean posted:

Red Bubble has some of those designs if you don't want to pay $60, just search Splatoon and see what comes up.

http://www.redbubble.com/shop/splatoon

The quality's fine, but I'm sure it's a drop from the $60 shirts.

The neat thing is that Red Bubble is print on demand, so you can get squid language on a purple tee shirt or a hoodie or an iPhone case or whatever if you really wanted.

Also, the mall is good for turf war, and Urchin Underpass is the best map for anything.

Now we all can get real Team Cat and Dog tees.

Also a great moment of team work happen today on Skate park. I throw a disruptor at a person on the tower only to find out that 3 people were up there. Luckily my teammate saw what I did and used her Killer Wail. Made me wish that I hit Booyah when she did it.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
More goonsquid photography. Hey Chance, this is your squid:

I guess all the late night battling made her tired.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I swear 3/4 of the posts in my lobby were agitating for a pants store. Is there some kind of organized thing happening on some corner of the internet, or is this just payback for canceling splatfest?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

I'm pro-more clothes of any kind.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

Fix posted:

I swear 3/4 of the posts in my lobby were agitating for a pants store. Is there some kind of organized thing happening on some corner of the internet, or is this just payback for canceling splatfest?

Nintendo to feel major heat from all sides after they try and explain that the game had only been coded for one specific type of black short-shorts.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Fix posted:

I was wondering if it was just me but I had this same thing earlier as well, just all requests for a pants store, a hair salon or both. I don't know if there's a forum coordinating it or upvoting each other or of it is just legitimately a demand everyone wants. I sort of miss the good art posts.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Fix posted:

Yeah, I saw a whole bunch of these today.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I saw them as well, along with an art post lamenting the death of memes in favor of pants demands.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Rollers need to be buffed a bit to make them even remotely useful, honestly.

Chance
Apr 28, 2002

Bean posted:

More goonsquid photography. Hey Chance, this is your squid:

I guess all the late night battling made her tired.

Sweet. Gettin more cash to get my shades more slots.

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired

Fix posted:

People want below the belt customization, but all splatoons content is already made and the foolish people don't actually have any influence.

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

It's been nearly two months since this was came out, how's the player base holding up? I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard to find a game yeah?

Cos I'm staring at the eShop screen thinkin' real hard about buying this. I'm looking at all the games I have for the ps4 and my god they're grim and exhausting. I think I wanna just shoot paint at fools.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

MechaSeinfeld posted:

It's been nearly two months since this was came out, how's the player base holding up? I'd imagine it wouldn't be too hard to find a game yeah?

One month, actually. I've yet to find a game that didn't have enough players, take one or two freak occurences. And I've been playing this almost every day. Also since Nintendo is unlocking new stuff weekly, there won't be a lack of interest for some time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Gorp
Jan 7, 2013

My style is impetuous,
My arms are tired
We literally don't have...

Premade party of 4 vs. Premade party of 4
Custom Lobbies
1/2 the weapons
Full map rotation
and two game modes out yet. They are done, but Nintendo is holding out on them to release them periodically in an attempt to preserve the player-bases long term interest
. Its the most unethical thing Nintendo has done in recent memory, especially considering how well they handle DLC.

• Locked thread