Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

#yesallchiefs

#i'lldrbwithyou

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
PULL UP ALONG SIDE BUT DON'T TIE UP

every time i hear this in my head i want to find that short fat rear end in a top hat and punch him even tho i know hes like in his 60s now

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

ded posted:

PULL UP ALONG SIDE BUT DON'T TIE UP

every time i hear this in my head i want to find that short fat rear end in a top hat and punch him even tho i know hes like in his 60s now

So just take a turn on a cleat or whatever is appropriate for the size of the vessel?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Coming home and resorting your underwear draw and finding two undies you don't recognize already in the drawer then finally recalling how you bought them like 4 years ago but they were uncomfortable so you stuck them at the bottom "just in case".

Hrmph.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Great you said chief and alerted poopkitty

Poopkitty is out of fucks and is waiting for the XO to return so I can submit my papers for retirement (that they refused to take last time, despite the fact that it's not a request.)

Sus Whitman is a tool. Also, fact, most Female Master Chiefs are black or Lesbian. I am neither (although I have short hair, so folks think I am gay but nooope.) :chiefsay:

MancXVI
Feb 14, 2002

poopkitty posted:

Poopkitty is out of fucks and is waiting for the XO to return so I can submit my papers for retirement (that they refused to take last time, despite the fact that it's not a request.)

Sus Whitman is a tool. Also, fact, most Female Master Chiefs are black or Lesbian. I am neither (although I have short hair, so folks think I am gay but nooope.) :chiefsay:

I was drinking at the pier in Dubai and ol' Susan walked by our table and gave me one of those old person shoulder rubs that lasts just a little too long. She also face-planted on the deck when crossing the brow back to the ship.

welp that's my susan whitman story, hope u like it

TsarAleksi
Nov 24, 2004

What?

Scratch Monkey posted:

Hey, my favorite uncle was a chief and he was a good guy

The Navy's Army's Special Forces is getting a new name

http://news.yahoo.com/rangers-seals-now-raiders-marines-resurrect-historic-name-084554038.html

That's good, when you're dealing with special operations units you really want to be memorable and easy to keep track of...

Wokrider
Dec 4, 2012

Pandasmores posted:

I hate you I hate you I hate you

I just got here and I want to leave. Why couldn't I get order to 3-5:ghost:

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Wokrider posted:

I just got here and I want to leave. Why couldn't I get order to 3-5:ghost:

You poor man. Do you have a vehicle? Any friends?

Wokrider
Dec 4, 2012
Yes, thank god I drove my car from Georgia to here. Hanford is pretty decent at least it has stuff there.
I'll make it though I just got all my parts in for my gaming computer and I am going to PT all the time.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

Wokrider posted:

Yes, thank god I drove my car from Georgia to here. Hanford is pretty decent at least it has stuff there.
I'll make it though I just got all my parts in for my gaming computer and I am going to PT all the time.

Yeah, theyre expanding too. Theres a theater at the mall there, and theres a lot to do in Fresno. Buffalo Wild Wings and another mall is at Visalia, along with the Galaxy movie theater thats got some sweet seats you have to reserve if you want to feel a bit like youre in the movie. Christoff knows a few more places like the National Park and some places to snowboard. A few MMA gyms are around here too.

If you need the names of people to get into the rifle team or color guard just let me know, theyre big on doing collaterals around here. A lot to do if you look around, command-wise and in your off-time.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
If I get assigned to a carrier will I still live in some barracks or just my rack on the ship? I've been reading about Navy barracks and they seem p nice and I think it'd be depressing if my living space consisted of a single bed.

Also do I get an option to choose between a carrier or a base? That would be rad, so I doubt that's a thing in the Navy.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

Anita Dickinme posted:

If I get assigned to a carrier will I still live in some barracks or just my rack on the ship? I've been reading about Navy barracks and they seem p nice and I think it'd be depressing if my living space consisted of a single bed.

Also do I get an option to choose between a carrier or a base? That would be rad, so I doubt that's a thing in the Navy.

certain rates get to choose shore and sea duty depending on how they do in their respective A or C schools, but the majority does not and is just assigned orders.

also usually you are stuck on the ship instead of sleeping in a barracks, as there is usually a waiting list based upon who's been on the ship longest or just simply luck. my bro is stuck on the Vinson right now instead of going to a barracks, but he's next in line for a barracks room.

also the quality of barracks highly varies depending on where you are

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Welp, that blows.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah I think it just depends on availability. Being new to the fleet you'll definitely spend some time with the ship as your home initially. There are barracks and I know in SD there's some apartment building for bachelors with a pool on the roof and poo poo? So they give you BAH but then take most ofit away and make you live there? So it's kind of barracks but not.

Someone else can shed more light I'm sure.

-edit just get married imo

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Willing if you are. :wink:

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I would have married a dude in a heartbeat if it was allowed early on in my enlistment

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
the barracks in san diego are dope. NASNI has solid barracks-style-barracks and apartment style ones, 32nd has like crazy hotel like barracks that looks like a party palace.

basically west coast is best coast dude, my barracks in Dam Neck had roaches and poo poo

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Yeah barracks are extremely hit or miss. Sometimes it's like a 4 star resort and others you're sharing a 10x10 room (outside of a training command, mind you) with another dude and some rear end in a top hat fat poo poo BPO that went TAD to do it because his command wants to get rid of him for a while and he's a terminal e-5 with a fat wife that can't afford to get out because he has 3 kids. He is coming through randomly throughout the week and threatening you with squat bay barracks because you didn't high dust or left a gum wrapper in your trash can. Then goes and tattles to your chief

Oh and fire alarm tests and all hours

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Yeah barracks are extremely hit or miss. Sometimes it's like a 4 star resort and others you're sharing a 10x10 room (outside of a training command, mind you) with another dude and some rear end in a top hat fat poo poo BPO that went TAD to do it because his command wants to get rid of him for a while and he's a terminal e-5 with a fat wife that can't afford to get out because he has 3 kids. He is coming through randomly throughout the week and threatening you with squat bay barracks because you didn't high dust or left a gum wrapper in your trash can. Then goes and tattles to your chief

to be fair, the fleet returnee barracks in Dam Neck were real dope even for training command standards. had daily maid service and everything.

on the flip side, speaking of alarm tests, the fire alarm broke at like 1 in the AM in the boot barracks and didn't stop ringing till like 06, that was pretty dope

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
I am definitely gunning for west coast because I need to get away from the south, and it seems all the east coast carriers are in Virginia. :suicide:

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

:smith:

germskr
Oct 23, 2007

HAHAHA! Ahh Eeeee BPOOF!

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Yeah I think it just depends on availability. Being new to the fleet you'll definitely spend some time with the ship as your home initially. There are barracks and I know in SD there's some apartment building for bachelors with a pool on the roof and poo poo? So they give you BAH but then take most ofit away and make you live there? So it's kind of barracks but not.

Someone else can shed more light I'm sure.

Yea the Pacific Beacon is open for most E-4 and below because barracks were in short supply for a while. At my command, there were some E2s and E3s brand new to the Navy who managed to get out-in-town because the barracks were full and so was the Beacon. Spoiled fucks.

Pandasmores
May 8, 2009

If you get a barracks room make sure shits clean and your roommate isnt a bag of rear end. If they are a bag of rear end your safest bet is documenting his bagassery with pictures and snitching to your LPO just in case you fail a room inspection its not all on you.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Pensacola Corry training command had you in either the Ghetto with tame rats or in extremely nice two person accommodation. I stayed in both. The Ghetto was ok if you like people and keep clean enough to not attract the rats.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Pandasmores posted:

If you get a barracks room make sure shits clean and your roommate isnt a bag of rear end. If they are a bag of rear end your safest bet is documenting his bagassery with pictures and snitching to your LPO just in case you fail a room inspection its not all on you.

I like cleaning, but I will put the fear of Anita (god) into them if they're asshats.

LingcodKilla posted:

Pensacola Corry training command had you in either the Ghetto with tame rats or in extremely nice two person accommodation. I stayed in both. The Ghetto was ok if you like people and keep clean enough to not attract the rats.

:stare:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Anita Dickinme posted:

I like cleaning, but I will put the fear of Anita (god) into them if they're asshats.

:stare:

I almost failed my first inspection due to "dirty surface" but I pointed out the "dirt" was actually rat droppings that got deposited after I left for class. All good in the hood.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
i was cool with whatever 1st/2nd class had barracks watch duty that day so it was never really an issue, until one of my roommates moved out and left a huge loving mess they couldn't ignore :shrug:

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned

Anita Dickinme posted:

You seem like a loving weirdo. Have you considered our Navy's fine nuclear power field?

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Also if you like your old roommate don't check out of the barracks when you leave and they may not get a roommate until they move out too. Saw this happen a few times but I have no idea what the consequences are for the person who doesn't check out.

Laranzu
Jan 18, 2002

maffew buildings posted:

You seem like a loving weirdo. Have you considered our Navy's fine nuclear power field?

Would fit right in to CTN. Saw some dude unsheathe a pretend samurai sword, swing it at some dude he knew walking by, bow, and put the sword away.

Another guy has a giant anime desk covering. I've seen multiple pony dolls.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

Also if you like your old roommate don't check out of the barracks when you leave and they may not get a roommate until they move out too. Saw this happen a few times but I have no idea what the consequences are for the person who doesn't check out.

when our 3rd roommate moved out we made it looked like his bed was lived in and never got another roommate again, just the 2 gayboys together

maffew buildings posted:

he's probably gonna be deck or a BM and get that poo poo beat out of him

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Laranzu posted:

Would fit right in to CTN. Saw some dude unsheathe a pretend samurai sword, swing it at some dude he knew walking by, bow, and put the sword away.

Another guy has a giant anime desk covering. I've seen multiple pony dolls.

This is the gooniest poo poo.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.
#justbarracksthings

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

My NOSC wont "get" me in the system because I dont have a memo oking me to travel or a travel claim form. I was "oked" over a month ago and the money was put in my account the day I left. How do they keep a looser reign on the documentation they need that the money they hand out? Seriously shouldnt this be noted in some sort of online file about me?

Was really hoping I'd never have to deal with student management again.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

LingcodKilla posted:

My NOSC wont "get" me in the system because I dont have a memo oking me to travel or a travel claim form. I was "oked" over a month ago and the money was put in my account the day I left. How do they keep a looser reign on the documentation they need that the money they hand out? Seriously shouldnt this be noted in some sort of online file about me?

Was really hoping I'd never have to deal with student management again.

The NOSC will ask for every piece of annual paperwork about 4 times a year because they never keep track of anything.

Howard Phillips
May 4, 2008

His smile; it shines in the darkest of depths. There is hope yet.

ManMythLegend posted:

#justbarracksthings

Looking back it may have been a blessing in disguise that I lived on the ship the entire time I was enlisted. Seemed like the barracks was a cess pool. Who would've thought that complete disregard for sailor quality of life by my chain of command would be appreciated in hindsight with relished serendipity.

Then it sinks in that my berthing during first DIVO tour was worse than the berthing when I was an E-2. gently caress this gay earth.

Nwabudike Morgan
Dec 31, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcdww1m1xQg

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

I just watched them all and feel confident I'm ready for carrier life.

buttplug
Aug 28, 2004

What the gently caress is that piece of poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

:snoop:

• Locked thread