Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Did I ever tell you my favorite color was blue?

Slimnoid posted:

The Vindicare's pillar could use a bit of drybrushing with a light grey along the edges of the stone. Similarly, the same could be done with the Eversor's quarter-pipe bit--some silver along the edges, in light drybrushed strokes, would give the impression of worn metal.

Consider also edging any gold or brass with a thin line of silver. As it is they just sort of look muddy and not really popping.

Thanks, all the gold on the characters has Runefang Silver on it, but its not showing up worth a drat in the photo for someone reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

lol, saw some dude post on FB that his army got Squatted by the new DA book.

Which is to say his specific army build isn't an option I guess. Still funny to see the overreaction.

Raphus C
Feb 17, 2011
I have to glue hundreds of rivets onto this MDF building to make it look more grim-dark. I require some 438. This is just the outside.

No-one looks at the inside of buildings right?

Also, just how does the Imperium do internal decoration? Do they have grim-dark curtains and rugs?

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Zark the Damned posted:

Which is to say his specific army build isn't an option I guess. Still funny to see the overreaction.

It sounds like he has a legitimate complaint, but ok.

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Raphus C posted:

I have to glue hundreds of rivets onto this MDF building to make it look more grim-dark. I require some 438. This is just the outside.

No-one looks at the inside of buildings right?

Also, just how does the Imperium do internal decoration? Do they have grim-dark curtains and rugs?

it's all heavy cloth everywhere, mixed with limestone and marble pillasters

TKIY
Nov 6, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Sigma-X posted:

it's all heavy cloth everywhere, mixed with limestone and marble pillasters skulls

ftfy

Zark the Damned
Mar 9, 2013

Ignite Memories posted:

It sounds like he has a legitimate complaint, but ok.

Having to change tactics away from a powergamey list (or going unbound) is nowhere near the same thing as actually being Squatted, i.e. having the entire model range pulled and having all traces of the army being removed from the fluff barring the odd reference.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Zark the Damned posted:

Zark the Damned posted:

Having to change tactics away from a powergamey list (or going unbound) is nowhere near the same thing as actually being Squatted, i.e. having the entire model range pulled and having all traces of the army being removed from the fluff barring the odd reference.

hey it's okay guys he just has to buy more toys, no biggie

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

just play unbound guys

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Recoome posted:

just play unbound guys

My army got squatted because they made it so I cant take whatever aspect squad I wanted as troops like in 3rd edition.

My army got squatted because I cant play Ulthwe Strike Force.

My army got squatted because I cant assault out of transports.

My army got squatted because any number of changes that happen edition to edition

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

:prepop:

OK, now I totally understand the purpose of the other thread.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Boon posted:

My army got squatted because they made it so I cant take whatever aspect squad I wanted as troops like in 3rd edition.

My army got squatted because any number of changes that happen edition to edition

so how do you feel about having to drastically change your army after every new codex?

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Recoome posted:

so how do you feel about having to drastically change your army after every new codex?

As a DA player, hopeful

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

ijyt posted:

:prepop:

OK, now I totally understand the purpose of the other thread.

But this thread gives you so much opportunity to report people!

Is the squatted dude complaining about that one bubble build with the IG blob?

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

LingcodKilla posted:

how much of a bitchmade pussy would you have to be to brag about reporting people because they said x about your plastic toy men?

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
I think it's probably more about the shitposting. But hey, it could be the lack of punctuation.

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Recoome posted:

how much of a bitchmade pussy would you have to be to brag about reporting people because they said x about your plastic toy men?

I dont know, how much do you have to be to troll a thread about plastic toy men?

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Boon posted:

I dont know, how much do you have to be to troll a thread about plastic toy men?

:drat:

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Gapey Joe Stalin posted:

I think it's probably more about the shitposting. But hey, it could be the lack of punctuation.

It's about shitposting in gaming threads.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
Strictly speaking, trolling requires that the trollees have any inclination to engage with ideas in good faith. Otherwise it's just shitposting into the void.

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Whenever Recoome posts this is literally all I hear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfOcfJcB8CU

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

And to think I once said you were a bad poster, I retract my statement.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe
I had this idea once to convert a Dark Eldar court to resemble the Ginyu Force but thankfully it never happened.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Recoome posted:

I'm sorry I didn't underscore "you" as a directed insult of the quoted poster. I could see how you might take it the wrong way. Would you like to heft a non-alcoholic mead while we discuss our differences. Please don't report me(bitch).

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Uroboros posted:

Whenever Recoome posts this is literally all I hear.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfOcfJcB8CU

Ew is that DBZ Kai

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

LingcodKilla posted:

I'm sorry I didn't underscore "you" as a directed insult of the quoted poster. I could see how you might take it the wrong way. Would you like to heft a non-alcoholic mead while we discuss our differences. Please don't report me(bitch).

didn't you melt down earlier because someone said bad words about games workshop? i remember the crabatar.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

LingcodKilla posted:

And just who the gently caress are you? If I want to complain in the waah waah bitch thread I dont need your high and mighty sassitude coming in here and dribbling on my poo poo parade.

Also get bent bitch.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

ah yes here we go

BULBASAUR
Apr 6, 2009

Soiled Meat

Boon posted:

I'm beginning to think that the Eldar codex freak out has actually killed the Eldar codex in tournaments.

People have really underestimated the change to the Wave Serpents and, specifically, the Holo-Field. Without an AV12 vehicle to soak fire and the Wraithknight being both a LoW and also banned (which is really the problem), alpha strike armies have become completely dominant against Eldar - which are not capable of alpha strike themselves. I'm thinking it may be worth while to start taking Space Marines as an ally just to stick Wraithguard in drop pods.

Boon posted:

Yeah, and now that I think about it, I don't think it's possible because of battle brothers... I guess I'm just pissed that NOVA has banned what's essentially a linchpin of the army.

Boon posted:

My army got squatted because I can't take wave serpent spam and wraithknights

Boon
Jun 21, 2005

by R. Guyovich
That too.

My problem is more in a NOVA setting where they handicapped Eldar and ruled out IK entirely. Im not sure I would have taken a WK, but I WOULD count on others taking it.

And for the record, I have never run more than 3 Wave Serpents in a single game, nor a Seer Council. I could have taken a Wraithknight in both the Saturday and Sunday tournaments but I did not. Im actually a pretty good player in general.

Boon fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Jun 23, 2015

TheArmorOfContempt
Nov 29, 2012

Recoome posted:

Ew is that DBZ Kai

Ocean dub you philistine...

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Recoome posted:

ah yes here we go

You are impossibly stupid at not recognizing poorly prosed poo poo-talking poetry.
Who the gently caress talks like that? Seriously. Also the probation I didn't notice was great as well.

HOW ABOUT THOSE DURP ANGELS! CANT WAIT TO FAAAART. For content.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

BULBASAUR posted:

My army got squatted because I can't take wave serpent spam and wraithknights

Get with the times, wave serpents are bad now.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

LordAba posted:

Should I be worried that I am almost considering saying "yes"?

Plus 20 hormagants, a couple Armorcast beasties, a pair of Screamer-killers, 40 Rogue Trader Hunter-Slayers, gargoyles, and a gently caress ton of other stuff? PM me or email me. I'll send delicious photos.

Oh, and I have one of the unreleased Dominators. Forgot which one..

Kilo147 fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jun 23, 2015

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
gently caress Wave Serpents. gently caress Eldar. gently caress elves. Pretentious pointy eared losers.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

LingcodKilla posted:

You are impossibly stupid at not recognizing poorly prosed poo poo-talking poetry.
Who the gently caress talks like that? Seriously. Also the probation I didn't notice was great as well.

HOW ABOUT THOSE DURP ANGELS! CANT WAIT TO FAAAART. For content.
:eyepop:

Uroboros posted:

Ocean dub you philistine...

Sorry I prefer the Funimation dub

krursk
Sep 11, 2001

Your anguish sustains me.

Recoome posted:

Sorry I prefer the Funimation dub

You are such a wanker.

But then again I just spent close to 2k on an Imperial Fist Legion army.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

Is the squatted dude complaining about that one bubble build with the IG blob?

I have no idea what a bubble build is but if its a WAAC build then I'm guessing "yes".

Although it's be funnier if it was a fluffy list ineffective that got invalidated.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
It's a list where you use a DA character to give an entire 50 man guard blob a 4+ invul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.

An Angry Bug posted:

gently caress Wave Serpents. gently caress Eldar. gently caress elves. Pretentious pointy eared losers.

:hf:

Every elf I kill, in any of the vast multitude of game settings and storylines where they exist in any form, is a victory for the betterment of the world, and brings me joy. Conversely, when elves kill my bros, I get totes mad about it. It's a vicious cycle.

In other news, MY GIRLFRIEND has convinced me to take the plunge into 30k, but more like baby steps into the kiddie pool I guess. I ordered Abaddon and Loken for her to be picked up at GenCon (along with other stuff), since Loken is her favorite character. Does anyone play Sons of Horus, or have any general 30k beginner advice, keeping in mind she will always always ALWAYS be using Loken as her HQ? I have yet to decide what to do for my own 30k force, I'm still trying to decide between AdMech so I can be cool and different, Imperial Fists (my 40k marine army is Black Templars SO IT JUST MAKES SENSE YOU SEE), Night Lords (because psychotic murderers and Curze), and Iron Warriors. Thus far I have not been impressed with the Iron Warriors releases, so I'm leaning towards the first two. It is also very likely that most of our games will be of the zone mortalis variety in the future.

Also please stop fighting, you're tearing this horrible thread apart.

• Locked thread