Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
this tornado was 15 minutes from my house

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsFbr1KXFps

we didn't get a drop of rain or any strong winds. lamest poo poo ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

corn in the bible posted:

i painted a door today

was it good

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Berke Negri posted:

was it good

i guess, it looks better than before plus i filled in a hole or two

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
MFW people in LP threads get super enthusiastic about the genocide of fictional races

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

holy poo poo someone bought me an angry avatar

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

watchin EXFILES

<3 gillian

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.

Small Frozen Thing posted:

MFW people in LP threads get super enthusiastic about the genocide of fictional races

what fictional race and what game

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
i saved the geth and the quarians and refuse to consider killing synthetics with the destroy ending, figh tme

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

this avatar is larger than the maximum which means one of the mods manually uploaded it to own me for insulting ralp

that's incredible

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

lmao the hazards of posting in qcs

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

this avatar is larger than the maximum which means one of the mods manually uploaded it to own me for insulting ralp

that's incredible

You can just ask a mod to upload one.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

that's incredible

not necessarily, that avatar was uploaded a while ago and has been inflicted on many posters like drilldo squirt and circ dick soleil

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Swan Oat posted:

i saved the geth and the quarians and refuse to consider killing synthetics with the destroy ending, figh tme

Destroy is actually the lamest ending, and is for dorks who can't bear the loss of their assorted pretty princesses even though the gatdam games are over with anyway

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

the first red text av, like a cop's first justified murder of a black dude, a wonderful time in one's life

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Swan Oat posted:

what fictional race and what game

Usually elves, though often any airy, flighty race of slight and effeminate beings

LP fans just naturally tend to empathize more with filth-covered hirsute drunkards, I suppose

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

dwarfs and elfs are both good

kill all (white) humans instead

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

man, the 90s...

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

lol, welcome to the free avatar club

Rodatose posted:

fyad is a classic case of resource overuse. they subsisted on disapproval toward sincere, self-unaware LF posters, then when they got that shut down they subsisted on disapproval toward sincere, self-unaware old GBS posters. now, with only edgy hyper-ironic nihilism and sarcasm remaining in their hunting grounds, they have nothing to live off

actually they're just retards, like gbs itself
seems kinda boring honestly, always posting about nothing

I mean that's kinda what we do in the chat thread, but at least chat thread actually has conversations about about the random stuff we chat about

and most chat-threaders also post somewhere else besides chat thread

fade5 fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Jun 23, 2015

treasured8elief
Jul 25, 2011

Salad Prong

Volkerball posted:

this tornado was 15 minutes from my house

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WsFbr1KXFps

we didn't get a drop of rain or any strong winds. lamest poo poo ever.
I'm glad you're safe.

as close to a tornado as those recorders are, telling each other to just relax seems strange. Like, they're only yards away, its okay imo to not be calm

treasured8elief fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jun 23, 2015

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

though none of these games have nonwhite humans so that proviso is probably unnecessary

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

Volkerball posted:

yep, that's where your cross contamination with reddit is going on

it's more chan contamination than reddit. redditors are generally too boring and dumb for the depths of FYAD or the chan sites IMO

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
The calls for elven genocide are often coupled with terms and phrases that are commonly seen alongside homophobic rants

In fact, I have noticed that while it is often claimed that elves/fae folk/whatever are hated because they are "mary sues" or "think they're better", the terminology involved almost always smacks of reactionary rhetoric w/r/t environmentalists, women, and LGBT people

In short I think there is a definite link between the cultivation of the dwarf (hard working, alcoholic, foul-tempered and masculine) as a totem creature and the disdain of the fair folk as a symbol of hated effeminacy

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

that's incredible

it wasn't given by a mod

Dr. Faustus
Feb 18, 2001

Grimey Drawer
Stay safe Volkerball Ghost?

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

pratchett did the best elfs and dwarfs

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Exclamation Marx posted:

it wasn't given by a mod

when i was a mod i liked to read the passive-aggressive comments mods write on people's record sheets

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax
Also I once nearly drove a grognard so apoplectic with me his friends had to drag him away by laying out that thesis once at a con, so I'm pretty sure it's got some legs

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

mere wind cannot destroy the volkerball, for he has survived the baroque terrors of far Afghaniland and returned with the secret knowledge of dark and terrible gods

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

The calls for elven genocide are often coupled with terms and phrases that are commonly seen alongside homophobic rants

In fact, I have noticed that while it is often claimed that elves/fae folk/whatever are hated because they are "mary sues" or "think they're better", the terminology involved almost always smacks of reactionary rhetoric w/r/t environmentalists, women, and LGBT people

In short I think there is a definite link between the cultivation of the dwarf (hard working, alcoholic, foul-tempered and masculine) as a totem creature and the disdain of the fair folk as a symbol of hated effeminacy

Link this poo poo

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

i don't like tolkien-style elves cause they always know everything and then just refuse to tell it to the protagonists for no reason

Foppery
Dec 27, 2013

I POSSESS THE POWER CHRONIC

The Redguards are easily the best race in The Elder Scrolls and I will fight with anyone who says different

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

when i was a mod i liked to read the passive-aggressive comments mods write on people's record sheets

:riker:

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Foppery posted:

The Redguards are easily the best race in The Elder Scrolls and I will fight with anyone who says different

it was cool when they figured out they could just gently caress the whatstheirnames by themselves and peaced out of the Empire

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

that's really more of an active-aggressive comment

what happens if you click that retract button now that the probation's over?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
nothing

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

And of course I apologize to Israel and wish its colonists luck in the completely unoccupied lands that only crazy people would argue belong to Palestinians.

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Literally The Worst posted:

Link this poo poo

Link what

It's basically every thread you see it in

Elves referred to as "prancing"
"Tree-hugger"
"Preening"
"Fancy"
"Fabulous"
"Mincing" (yes, seriously)

that's just a handful of the ones I've seen recently

It paints a pretty ugly picture about the subconscious underpinnings of their desire for elf genocide

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Thats the beauty of it, it doesent *DO* anything

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

I forget who it was but one dude's rap sheet had a comment that just said "gently caress this guy" and I thought that was funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Link what

It's basically every thread you see it in

Elves referred to as "prancing"
"Tree-hugger"
"Preening"
"Fancy"
"Fabulous"
"Mincing" (yes, seriously)

that's just a handful of the ones I've seen recently

It paints a pretty ugly picture about the subconscious underpinnings of their desire for elf genocide

Liv Tyler is the hottest elf

• Locked thread