Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pwn
May 27, 2004

This Christmas get "Shoes"

:pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn: :pwn:

forbidden lesbian posted:

you are quite wrong
Yeah, I edited my post. I'm desensitized to the horrors of humanity. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Titus Sardonicus posted:

If this isn't the official term used on the scandal I'm going to be, um, mostly annoyed.

But for real, good form. I unironically think -ghazi should replace -gate in bullshit scandal lexicology (see beanghazi).

Thanks. I'm still a little miffed they missed the opportunity to hit Christie with Bridgeghazi back when that first blew up.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Guardian:

"Steve Bell on the EU and the Greek debt crisis – Behind the confusion and the last-minute improvisation lay frantic communication and crossed signals over a Greek proposal that was not really a proposal – or was it?"

Telegraph:

Nick Robinson: Cameron threatened to close down BBC on election bus

Independent:

Times:

David Cameron speech: I'll end welfare merry-go-round

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Honestly miss vegan I'm pretty sure I could eat a person if it came down to it. For multiple reasons I'd rather not live in a society that condones it though.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Thanks. I'm still a little miffed they missed the opportunity to hit Christie with Bridgeghazi back when that first blew up.

Fat and Furious.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Political Whores posted:

Honestly miss vegan I'm pretty sure I could eat a person if it came down to it. For multiple reasons I'd rather not live in a society that condones it though.
Kuru is just nature's way of saying "alright buddy, I'm cutting you off, you've had one too many".

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

Chamale posted:

Fat and Furious.

I would also have accepted "A Fridge Too Far," for the record.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

pkfan2004 posted:

Kuru is just nature's way of saying "alright buddy, I'm cutting you off, you've had one too many".

That's how you know a Good Thing - it will eventually kill you.

Fried Chicken
Jan 9, 2011

Don't fry me, I'm no chicken!

So he's reduced to just straight up begging

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer

I love Kelly so much

I Killed GBS
Jun 2, 2011

by Lowtax

Fried Chicken posted:

How offensive

Beggars are significantly less lowly than Muir is, he can't be "reduced" to something that's above him

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

I think this is the first time Sam Elliot has been shown with his mouth open. How terrifying.

Swan Oat
Oct 9, 2012

I was selected for my skill.
"But she sorely needs y'all push that red bar below up a piece and catch us up some."

Beautiful.

Muscle Tracer
Feb 23, 2007

Medals only weigh one down.

every time i see this i feel obliged to post the actual video, because that white guy agrees with all the black people and has a great story that makes exactly the correct point, & he doesn't try to talk till the end

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTYR92ObDVI

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Has there been a year where Muir hasn't made his goal? Curious about the tantrum he would throw if he ended up not making it.

Vogon Poet
Jun 18, 2004

Someone bought me this custom title because they think I kick ass at Photoshop. They happen to be right.

quote:

Clik here to Pick a Level and suppo

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx
Get hosed Muir

NEED TOILET PAPER
Mar 22, 2013

by XyloJW
When does Muir's support drive end? If he's still got more than a third to go, things could get interesting soon enough.

That Old Tree
Jun 24, 2012

nah

Muir is super concerned about IP attribution and licensing I tell you what.

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Iggy Azalea looks different when she wears glasses.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

the_steve posted:

Has there been a year where Muir hasn't made his goal? Curious about the tantrum he would throw if he ended up not making it.

Doesn't he just keep begging until he hits his goal?

Swan Oat posted:

"But she sorely needs y'all push that red bar below up a piece and catch us up some."

Beautiful.

Authentic frontier gibberish.

Hey, if Muir can steal his dialogue from movies...

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Fried Chicken posted:

Not just that but he's trying to beg through pop culture references

He's desperate

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Krinkle posted:

I'm betting every single one of them has the president say literally "the 'n-word'" except licar JRROSE! who will do sunday funnies style asterisks ampersands skull face spiral censorship.

"Four score and seven years ago"

"Talk softly and carry a big stick"

"A day that will live in infamy"

"We'll go to the moon, not because it is easy, but because it is hard."

"Tear down this wall."

"N****r"

CampingCarl
Apr 28, 2008

The man who runs a photoshop filter over other people's art uses copyrights as a punchline. Yup this checks out.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

E-Tank posted:

oh god, the Mary Sues are breeding. :psyduck:

Out of the rampant stupidity of these images, I don't think that's how a Qipao works.

Thanks for grabbing these, by the way.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

WarpedNaba posted:

Out of the rampant stupidity of these images, I don't think that's how a Qipao works.

Thanks for grabbing these, by the way.

No problem! They're stupid, but only a few of them are really like. . .gut punchingly offensive. Most of it is just willful misinterpretation of science to try and justify their world view.:suicide101:

Its the ones where they claim that eating disorders don't exist and that if you can't afford to eat vegan you're a murderous piece of poo poo who needs to be the first against the wall when the Vegan R:evil:ution happens that get to me.

That and the blatant homophobia, all while proclaiming they are the most progressive of all.

As an example, here's their reaction to someone wearing leather/fur.

Quoting someone back in the thread a ways: "I'm going to call everyone who wears leather/fur gay, I am *so* progressive!"

E-Tank fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Jun 23, 2015

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

I'm still not entirely sure how the Auron ripoff in her comics maintains that much muscle mass on soy and legumes, but I suppose it's possible?

Also I would take great offense at anyone calling me gay because of my sheepskin jacket.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

E-Tank posted:

Quoting someone back in the thread a ways: "I'm going to call everyone who wears leather/fur gay, I am *so* progressive!"

Like, I'm trying to figure out what the second phase of this is. Like, what if it turns out that yes, she is talking to a gay person?

1. Do vegans have magic gaydar that lets them immediately spot gay people, which will therefore prevent her from ever making such a faux pas? Followup question: Could they do that before becoming vegan?

2. Are gay people just inherently vegan because they're all naturally just as progressive as she is? Followup question: Why do the Log Cabin Republicans exist?

3. Are gay people allowed to wear and use animal products, because of a stereotype-based grandfather clause / because they look *sooooooooo* hot in it? Followup question: How long does someone have to be gay to qualify for a 'functionally vegan' card at the leather shoppe?

4. Do gay people not exist? Is gay just a playground swear word in her horrible animeblob universe?

Also can't stop thinking about the fact that the only person in her comic who is ugly not an overdesigned anime waifublob is also the only person in her comic undeniably based on a real person.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

.Edward Penischin posted:

"Tear down this wall."

"N****r"
Did you get tomorrow's Ramirez early?

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Somfin posted:

Also can't stop thinking about the fact that the only person in her comic who is ugly not an overdesigned anime waifublob is also the only person in her comic undeniably based on a real person.

Yeah, the whole making a hideous attempt to hurt someone is just incredibly petty and vile. Supposedly it was one of her friends who disagreed with her vehement demands that everyone become Vegan, I think? Possibly someone whom pointed out that her science was wrong, and ended up getting told 'omg big meat industry controls scientists' Therefore she got turned into. . .this.

'Cuntons'. Jesus loving *Christ*.

Oh, and our latest mary sue animu blob Character has her bio up in the 'about' section.

Oh, harmful artificial crap. Let me guess, GMO and artificial sweetener are the devil now too?

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

WarpedNaba posted:

I'm still not entirely sure how the Auron ripoff in her comics maintains that much muscle mass on soy and legumes, but I suppose it's possible?

It's possible. There are a bunch of vegan bodybuilders and vegan protein supplements if you get tired of kidney beans at every meal.

Makes vegan recipes for people with food allergies like soy/wheat/nuts/gluten. Because there is no excuse for not being vegan, not even your body's rejection of primary components of a healthy vegan diet. I'd love to see her reaction to meeting someone with a full legume/nut allergy, no soy, no tree-nuts, no pseudo-cereals. Actually I wouldn't because her constant state of denial is getting pretty old.

there wolf fucked around with this message at 09:46 on Jun 23, 2015

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

.Edward Penischin posted:

"Tear down this wall."

"N****r"

Don't forget that in the last one, two black people will be in the background going :rolleyes: at Obama.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

there wolf posted:

It's possible. There are a bunch of vegan bodybuilders and vegan protein supplements if you get tired of kidney beans at every meal.

That's the thing, Yeah. It's possible to go Vegan. If it's what you want to do, then go for it. Good luck. Hope you enjoy it.

But not *everybody* can. Either due to eating disorders or being in a food desert/unable to afford it. Understanding that is the difference between a Vegan who wants to tell everyone how awesome it is, and a vegan that tells everyone that they're either vegans or filthy loving 'carnists'. Or a vegan that tries to claim the fact that we're omnivores is unsound because 'big meat conspiracy'.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

E-Tank posted:

As an example, here's their reaction to someone wearing leather/fur.

gently caress people who wear fur though. It's a completely unnecessary product that causes animals to suffer.

.Edward Penischin
Jun 5, 2008

Lady Naga posted:

Oh my God please go away.

Why hasn't he had his "eat a bowl of fucks" moment yet?

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

there wolf posted:

Fair enough. Is Whey protein considered vegan-friendly?

Alhazred posted:

gently caress people who wear fur though. It's a completely unnecessary product that causes animals to suffer.

Leather's still good though, right? Because wool doesn't buffer against cold winds very well unless you hit multiple layers.

Political Whores
Feb 13, 2012

Look we don't need to bend over backwards pretending that not eating meat and animal products is an insane impossibility to make fun of the person who has a character named "Cuntons". Or stereotypically Chinese and Indian characters. Or doing that thing rear end in a top hat straight people do where they still use being gay as an insult but claim to be perfectly accepting. Or who has literally no understanding of biology or human evolution. Eating less meat is actually a good thing people should be doing, purely from an environmental standpoint alone.

Honestly does being called a carnist really bother people that much. It's like being called pro-genocide for supporting abortion. Oh no, some loving first year university student thinks she has the moral high ground on me! Better freak out and explain why it's literally impossible for some people to be vegetarians.

Political Whores fucked around with this message at 11:49 on Jun 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jerusalem posted:

Don't forget that in the last one, two black people will be in the background going :rolleyes: at Obama.

I'd say this is more likely to be in an Allie (the black guy, as One Of The Good Ones, would be middle-aged with a moustache and wear a polo shirt) except Allie doesn't even pay attention to national news anymore

• Locked thread