Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

"I... I did well, didn't I?"
Hey pc gamers that actually have it working. How are the controls? The game manual says takedowns are now alt+1-4 and the quickfire gadgets aren't mapped to anything? Is this true and if so how does it work?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Aquasnake posted:

Hey pc gamers that actually have it working. How are the controls? The game manual says takedowns are now alt+1-4 and the quickfire gadgets aren't mapped to anything? Is this true and if so how does it work?

I was playing on a controller and felt like there were just too many loving combinations of this and that to remember so good luck with the keyboard.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Well, finally got rid of the 30fps cap by editing the ini. Getting 40-60 fps on my 780 depending on how much poo poo is going on, which I guess isn't too bad.

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

It's even better because I got my left middle finger caught in a door like 2 weeks ago. So one of my main fingers is basically numb and unusable.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Doc Morbid posted:

Well, finally got rid of the 30fps cap by editing the ini. Getting 40-60 fps on my 780 depending on how much poo poo is going on, which I guess isn't too bad.

isn't dipping 20 frames out of nowhere in the middle of play worse than being locked at 30?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Real hurthling! posted:

isn't dipping 20 frames out of nowhere in the middle of play worse than being locked at 30?
Kind of, yeah, but it's not like the game is constantly dropping that many frames. Most of the time, my frame rate is in the high 50s and I can handle that just fine.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Doc Morbid posted:

What did you do.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

steamapps/common/batman arkham knight/BMGame/Config/BMSystemSettings.ini

You can set the max fps there, and there's also an option for motion blur.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Thank you.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Its three minutes till batman-o-clock gosh darn it

Pharmaskittle
Dec 17, 2007

arf arf put the money in the fuckin bag

Yaos posted:

Here's how you can do it. You'll need to close Steam and enable the VPN and then open Steam. Don't do anything in Steam but unlock the game while on the VPN. Disconnect the VPN once you start playing the game.
http://www.vpngate.net/en/howto_softether.aspx

This doesn't seem to be working, despite connecting to a Korean server. Anything not on that page I need to do?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Aquasnake posted:

It's even better because I got my left middle finger caught in a door like 2 weeks ago. So one of my main fingers is basically numb and unusable.

Go see a doctor you goofball

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009

Phenotype posted:

If I bought a key off of G2A, will I get the Harley Quinn sidestory? Does it count as "preordering"?

All I got was a skin pack... no Harley stuff it seems.

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

Calaveron posted:

Go see a doctor you goofball

but videogames

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Victory for the monkey beast!
Is anyone else unable to preorder this from the playstation store? I keep getting errors on the ps4 and on the website.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

bunky posted:

but videogames

You need all your fingers to videogames

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
Unless you buy that adapter with the straws and triggers for people with palsy, but those were designed for people with debilitating and crippling life conditions, not injuries born from neglect

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
how do you change the way your batman looks?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Reason posted:

how do you change the way your batman looks?

Its under extras, I think. YOu can change your allies as well.

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Hm, disabling motion blur via the ini seems to break something. My game would no longer start up when I had set the motion blur options from true to false.

Oh yeah, go to BMGame/Movies and remove StartupMovie.swf and StartupMovieNV.swf to skip all the company logos and other nonsense.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Doc Morbid posted:

Hm, disabling motion blur via the ini seems to break something. My game would no longer start up when I had set the motion blur options from true to false.

Oh yeah, go to BMGame/Movies and remove StartupMovie.swf and StartupMovieNV.swf to skip all the company logos and other nonsense.

This is also a good way to spoil yrself on every single boss in the game.

Shalebridge Cradle
Apr 23, 2008

Doc Morbid posted:

Some people are saying you need to change these settings as well.

MotionBlur=False
MotionBlurPause=False
MotionBlurSkinning=1

Other people are claiming removing DOF removes Batman's wrist videos and the counter symbols but I have no idea if thats true.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Won't be able to play until tomorrow as my copy is at Best Buy to pickup (not interested in the midnight launch), but in the meantime I finished Arkham Origins. Which honestly is pretty good outside of the game glitching out in the sewers under Blackgate, with Batman constantly asking to raise the water level. Took about ten minutes to figure out the water level was up, but Batman was bugged out still and kept saying this until he got killed by some trap.

Playing Cold Cold Heart now, which so far is pretty great. How long is it through, as I like to probably finish it tonight so I can start up Arkham Knight tomorrow?

Murodese
Mar 6, 2007

Think you've got what it takes?
We're looking for fine Men & Women to help Protect the Australian Way of Life.

Become part of the Legend. Defence Jobs.
I thought this was out the 23rd? Went into EB in Australia to get it and they have it as the 24th :c

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
That first Batmobile chase was some of the most embarrassingly bad videogaming of my entire life :negative:
(in that I was shockingly super-terrible at it)

Also, all this motion blur is absolutely killing my poor machine. Low settings for everybody!

redbackground fucked around with this message at 05:37 on Jun 23, 2015

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

Pharmaskittle posted:

This doesn't seem to be working, despite connecting to a Korean server. Anything not on that page I need to do?

I don't think it's unlocked in Korea yet. It's unlocked in Europe though.

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

My gamepad isn't working and shows up as a DS4 in the menu

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
I know the way development cycles work all new triple AAA games need enormous loving Day 1 patches to not play like runny poo poo but jesus gently caress three goddamn gigabytes on my rear end internet connection off of a server that is probably getting hammered right now?

bunky
Aug 29, 2004

PS4 trip report: game rules. I walked around the diner in the first area for like ten minutes looking at the detail and facial animations. Flawless transitions between cutscenes and gameplay. The Batmobile seems okay but I've only done the first chase and the training VR.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Aquasnake posted:

You quickfire the gadgets by double tapping the button for selecting that gadget.

So pressing 1 selects the batarang and pressing 1 twice is a quickfire batarang.

I played the previous games with a controller, but don't have one available right now. Mouse and keyboard feels weird for this game.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
"Come on, Bats. Your dead Mom and Dad can hit harder than that." :allears:

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

So AMD apparently rushed out a beta driver for Arkham Knight. Now it crashes on start up, not sure if improvement or not.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Aquasnake posted:

So AMD apparently rushed out a beta driver for Arkham Knight. Now it crashes on start up, not sure if improvement or not.

AMD is just amazing

Aquasnake
Jan 30, 2013

Peewi posted:

You quickfire the gadgets by double tapping the button for selecting that gadget.

So pressing 1 selects the batarang and pressing 1 twice is a quickfire batarang.

I played the previous games with a controller, but don't have one available right now. Mouse and keyboard feels weird for this game.

That's how it worked in City and Origins too, I just found it odd that in the official game manual on steam it said quickfire gadgets weren't mapped to anything and you specifically had to map them yourself.

edit: Also I just had steam verify the game files and nothing happened, I tried it again and now it is re-downloading the entire game. What a terrible night to have a curse.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

When do I get the cool new batsuit.

Don Lapre
Mar 28, 2001

If you're having problems you're either holding the phone wrong or you have tiny girl hands.
21:9 support is broken. Cutscenes are stretched. Game itself is fine

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
haha hit the punch button when the militia guy is talking poo poo to you from behind the cell bars

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

Real hurthling! posted:

Depends on your eyes, but for me 40-60 variable is pretty good and way better than 30fps constant.

Aquasnake posted:

If its like the first games you will have to rebind everything, rocksteady doesn't give a gently caress about mouse/keyboard.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Boy i sure do hate driving around in the batmobile. Tank mode isn't bad though and letting loose with a missile special is fun.

Surprised to see them 100% acknowledge Arkham Origins. Also man, GCPD's evidence room is weirdly swanky. Guess everyone in Gotham has a thing for tropies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dog Fat Man Chaser
Jan 13, 2009

maybe being miserable
is not unpredictable
maybe that's
the problem
with me

Aquasnake posted:

I was quickfiring batarangs with doubletaps of 1 like in the other games, but yes, the special combo takedown is actually Alt+1 which is hilarious.

• Locked thread