Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
Basically when a character is going through the bouncing animation, at the very bottom of the bounce they are actually under the stage platform. If Pac makes a new trampoline right when they are at the bottom of the bounce, it cancels their animation and leaves them just a few pixels under where the stage actually is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Reiley posted:

I'm gonna go ahead and say it, I think Little Mac deserves actual recovery options. After Charizard's repair job I believe that both he and the Koopalings could stand for a tune-up as well.

little mac deserves to be a completely different character, who isnt stupid or a chore to fight

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

What happened to Charizard?

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

I moved across the country 2 months ago and haven't had time to set my wiiU back up until today. Time to GET FIT and maybe try out Ryu also. I bet they've made my main Wii Fit Trainer better in the patches cause she needs a buff!

fakeedit: :suicide:

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Mewtwo came back from their travels around the world and taught their friend Charizard a couple secrets learned from ports far and wide.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Blackheart posted:

What happened to Charizard?

down throw is now a combo starter and up throw is now a kill throw. those two changes did a lot for charizard

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Cool, I understand Ike was buffed too?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Blackheart posted:

Cool, I understand Ike was buffed too?

his f-tilt is faster, his dash attack is faster does more damage and kills, his fair actually goes over his head so you can up-throw into a kill now, and side-b starts faster so it's basically how it was in brawl

basically a ton of kill options

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
The Koopalings need a buff? I main them so I wouldn't complain if they got one, but are we playing the same game?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Ruggington posted:

his f-tilt is faster, his dash attack is faster does more damage and kills, his fair actually goes over his head so you can up-throw into a kill now, and side-b starts faster so it's basically how it was in brawl

basically a ton of kill options

I never stopped believing in him. Not once.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Cicadas! posted:

:stare: First the thing with the ridicuous doubles timescam, and now this. What is it about Pac-Man in this game that makes him so prone to weird glitches?

He's trying to reach Smash's killscreen.

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Yeah it's all viral marketing for Pacman 256

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Does anyone here know Mr. sakurai's email address? I've got some ideas for how to fix the character select screen that i'd like to run by him.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

sharrrk posted:

Does anyone here know Mr. sakurai's email address? I've got some ideas for how to fix the character select screen that i'd like to run by him.

kirbyfan182 at hotmail dot com

Theta Zero
Dec 22, 2014

I've seen it.
I was playing a for fun team battle and the stage was the Punch Out boxing ring. We were losing really badly when a party ball opened and popped out a bumper, a Pokeball, and a score flag in the middle of the ring. My teammate grabbed the flag and started using it while I threw the bumper and the Pokeball. The bumper hit one of the opponents and began stun locking him because he was stuck between that the side of the ring. The Pokeball released and Oshawott which bounced back and forth in the ring and stun locked the other opponent while occasionally hitting the one stuck in the bumper. During all this I was playing Roy and charging his B standard to protect my teammate. Eventually both the Oshawott and bumper disappeared as my teammate finished using the score flag, and both opponents were freed right into my charge attack, KOing them both right about at the end of the 2 minute match. We won by only one point.

I imagine this is why people typically don't like items. On the bright side I got a neat replay.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Theta Zero posted:

I was playing a for fun team battle and the stage was the Punch Out boxing ring. We were losing really badly when a party ball opened and popped out a bumper, a Pokeball, and a score flag in the middle of the ring. My teammate grabbed the flag and started using it while I threw the bumper and the Pokeball. The bumper hit one of the opponents and began stun locking him because he was stuck between that the side of the ring. The Pokeball released and Oshawott which bounced back and forth in the ring and stun locked the other opponent while occasionally hitting the one stuck in the bumper. During all this I was playing Roy and charging his B standard to protect my teammate. Eventually both the Oshawott and bumper disappeared as my teammate finished using the score flag, and both opponents were freed right into my charge attack, KOing them both right about at the end of the 2 minute match. We won by only one point.

I imagine this is why people typically don't like items. On the bright side I got a neat replay.

That sounds like an awesome match and items are amazing.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Theta Zero posted:

Please share that replay

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I want more Smash DLC but the worst part of it is how it means Sakurai won't get to make Air Ride 2 any time soon. :(

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Echo Chamber posted:

I want more Smash DLC but the worst part of it is how it means Sakurai won't get to make Air Ride 2 any time soon. :(

You mean Kid Icarus: Uprising 2

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Reinanigans posted:

You mean Kid Icarus: Uprising 2

Uprising was 2-3 years ago and has working online.
Air Ride was 12 years ago and has no online City Trial.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Mr. Sakurai will be too busy developing the next 2d Metroid game.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Can someone please explain to me how to fight ROB? It feels like it's impossible to get close to him. He has a bazillion projectiles that he can fire pretty much nonstop, and if you try to make any sort of air approach he'll just shield-into-dthrow-into-uair every time. And if you ever get him in the air, he can turn his entire body into a damage box at will. What's his weakness?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Can someone please explain to me how to fight ROB? It feels like it's impossible to get close to him. He has a bazillion projectiles that he can fire pretty much nonstop, and if you try to make any sort of air approach he'll just shield-into-dthrow-into-uair every time. And if you ever get him in the air, he can turn his entire body into a damage box at will. What's his weakness?

Grab his rear end and throw him on the ground like you just lost at Mario Kart.

2MB
Feb 3, 2009

"No need to speak. Your fists told me everything I need to know about you."

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

You can catch his gyro with a dash attack or power shield it as you approach. If he's shield grabbing your aerials then you need to space them better or try empty jumping at him and grabbing him instead. Also his neutral air (the spin attack) is really slow to come out so you can beat it out before he can use it. He's basically combo food in the air since all he can do is air dodge really. Get good at gimping his recovery back on stage because if you can run him out of fuel you get the stock.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*

Reiley posted:

Grab his rear end and throw him on the ground like you just lost at Mario Kart.

lol

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

ROB is a finely tuned killing machine. His robot soul knows neither guilt nor remorse nor any other human weakness. You cannot defeat him. Your only hope is to outrun him, but he doesn't need to sleep or eat.

and he'll never stop coming after you.

Aston fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Jun 23, 2015

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe
Who do you play?

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Sonic, Roy, and Ness.

Tonetta
Jul 9, 2013

look mother look at ME MOTHER MOTHER I AM A HOMESTIXK NOW

**methodically removes and eats own clothes*
play ness and shove a pk or two up his robotic butt

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i play as palutena, robin, roy, and zss

Novum
May 26, 2012

That's how we roll
I play as Random

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

I play ROB and this made me laugh. He has a lot of weaknesses that 2MB detailed. He also has poo poo for killing moves, so if you can find a character who is heavy, you can probably just outlast him.

That said, I can only imagine how frustrating it must be to get caught in a loop of tops and lasers constantly hitting you. I've only ever played one decent ROB player online and we were neck and neck, so it was really cool.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

I play as Pac-Man because you ain't doing jack against the pac-attack.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
So has anybody made a video compilation of Ryu accidentally Tasunakiing right off the stage?

SL the Pyro
Jun 16, 2013

My soul cries out
with the desire to
FRACTURE
your puny spine.

what do you mean that hotkey disappeared

it is posted:

Who do you play?

Lucas and Pac-Man mostly, sometimes Villager, Jigglypuff or Bowser.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

RIP Ryu. He was just trying to fastfall into back-air

Blackula Vs. Tarantula
Jul 6, 2005

😤I am NOT Captain_Redbeard🧔
Play as ROB a little bit. His moves seem better than they are because the timing can be so strange, his nair seems incredible but there's a long time between pressing the button and that spin coming out. So rush in if he is in the air. It really depends on who you play as but knowledge of how to play as ROB will go a long way toward beating him.

Blackula Vs. Tarantula fucked around with this message at 02:17 on Jun 24, 2015

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

it is posted:

Who do you play?

Lugas, Mario, Bumble Bee Boy, ROY , Mickey Mouse from Fantasia, Chester the Cheetah, captain crunch, applejack, toucan sam,

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Look at all these trash bitch frots that don't main Mega Man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waterfall of Salt
May 14, 2013

Ow, my eye
Lucas, Ness, Rosaluma, Zelda, Ludwig, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Dark Pit, Ike. Usually in that order.

Used to play Palutena, Duck Hunt Duo and Mega Man but they've mostly dropped out of my rotation.

• Locked thread