Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Kira didn't even know what the hell a Stand was for a good chunk of part 4 and he's had his forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Xibanya posted:

Am I getting Jojo totally wrong or is it just that the series shifts focus in the parts after 3? Or is the chart just confusing?

Morioh is a huge part of Part 4. Part 5 is basically "Look at how much I like Italy". I think the world building takes a back seat a bit from then on, but even Part 3 takes some pains to point out things about the world. It's not a world building series, imo, but it does make some efforts to do so at times and pretty successfully.

e: I always had the impression that Kira only got Killer Queen quite recently. Certainly not since birth, given that he left a signature in Reimi but now he has Killer Queen, he just uses that to get rid of all of the stuff he doesn't want.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Am I the only one that starts wiring up spoilers and makes sure to check which thread I'm in before continuing on?

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky

Aurain posted:

e: I always had the impression that Kira only got Killer Queen quite recently. Certainly not since birth, given that he left a signature in Reimi but now he has Killer Queen, he just uses that to get rid of all of the stuff he doesn't want.

I seem to remember him getting it pretty quickly after Reimi and then just never running into another Stand user until Josuke and co. for him to actually figure out what his powers were.

standard owl
Jan 9, 2011

I thought Kira's dad stabbed him with the arrow out of fatherly love and concern.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
He did twice, first some time back in the day for Killer Queen, and again for Bites The Dust.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

standard owl posted:

I thought Kira's dad stabbed him with the arrow out of fatherly love and concern.

I'm pretty sure that's what happened. And then Kira returned the favor by stabbing his dad's ghost.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
IM REAL BAD AT THIS

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

Sekkira posted:

Am I the only one that starts wiring up spoilers and makes sure to check which thread I'm in before continuing on?
I always double check what thread I'm posting in before I post.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i guess there's worse things to spoil, honestly

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
It's me, I'm the guy who drunkposted vaguely that Iggy dies and was saved by manga posters

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I normally check before posting, but whenever I see spoilers in the anime thread I automatically assume it's the manga thread.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

I usually just don't call attention to it, hunt them down and erase them, then creepily use their hands to type in the right thread. This is why they never post again after.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

it's funny, i just now realized that for all intents and purposes the anime thread is basically worthless now other than being a platform to go 'please read the series'

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Not true.

It's also a safe place to complain about Part 3 not being enough like Part 2.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
AKA the wrong opinion zone

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

BaDandy posted:

that in-between period for Dio after he escaped imprisonment but before he got his stand and he seemingly didn't have any real goal in mind

I bet Dio just went nuts after 100 years without blood and just ate a ton of people before calming down.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Chilling out, making models about your adopted brother's death, watching MTV and reading about the Louvre with Pucci is a perfectly viable goal, imo.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
Dio Brando Wants A Quiet Life

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Dio had a dream and he followed his dreams.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

WrightOfWay posted:

Yeah, both the Nijimuras and Kira's dad got arrows from Enya and went around shooting people randomly.

Maybe it's just the translation I'm reading, but when Part 4 was explaining what the Arrows did it mentioned something about Enya giving most of the enemy users from Part 3 Stands with it? I was under the impression they were all pre-existing, but thinking about it, Enya using it to help Dio would make sense too.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

It does suggest that, but I think it's there mostly to explain how DIO got one.

Hitlersaurus Christ
Oct 14, 2005

Avdol knew about some of the earlier stand users beforehand so I'm guessing maybe it was primarily the Egypt arc villains that got their stands from the arrow.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

The arrow should be called Maybelline.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Sekkira posted:

I hate that I found that funny.

Soulcleaver
Sep 25, 2007

Murderer

Sekkira posted:

:drat:

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
I'm surprised jojolion isn't out yet, there is a spoiler image of Karrera's stand tho

She looks very happy :3:

I'm really digging the Jojolion stand designs

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

There's photos of all but two or so pages on Baidu.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
And that's Part 4 finished. Definitely a different feeling to the other 3 in a lot of ways, but that wasn't a bad thing at all. Josuke's very definitely his father's son and used Crazy Diamond to do so many goddamn clever tricks that most people wouldn't think of with a "recovery" ability. Definitely the best JoJo of the four I've seen even without that though. Was kinda surprised no one major died at all for once; Shigechi was the closest to getting Zepelli'd, but he was minor and his death was far more important than him as a character. I was pretty well convinced that Rohan was hosed at the end of Another One Bites The Dust, even with Hayato being a super clever kid and tricking Kira into revealing himself right in front of Josuke. Sort of disappointed that Okuyasu never really got any spotlight arc after his introduction but he was a great assist character and his self-admitted lack of intelligence meant that even with such an awesome Stand he probably would've gotten wrecked anyway. More than made up for it by being cool as gently caress in general though.

Least favourite set of chapters was easily Let's Go Hunting, because two random rats do not make a very compelling enemy and it just wasn't that interesting in general. The second rat being clever enough to use anti-hunting techniques was alright but not enough to save it. Conversely, I'm not sure I could pick any one favourite arc because there was too many cool ones to decide. Hopefully it does get an anime, because there's a lot I'd love to see animated. Tonio's food effects and all the antics from I Am An Alien! immediately come to mind. :allears:

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Let's Go Hunting is great for me because it helps show how much of a nerd Jotaro is but tries to hide.

He knows all this poo poo about, err, poo poo and tracking, he ranks Josuke's ball bearing shooting skills and I assume he does that all the time secretly too. For the first time ever, he doesn't actually come out of the fight looking best either. Even though he totally owned DIO, a lovely rat beat him for all intents and purposes.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

wow, your watch looks like poo poo

it's going to look even worse when i'm done with it

your face, that is

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

I like Let's Go Hunting! less for the rats (who I agree aren't very compelling) and more for Josuke and Jotaro's relationship and interactions. I actually really like Jotaro's cool as a cucumber approach to things, but he definitely benefits from having a livelier partner to accent his stoicism. Lots of good scenes between the two of them, especially near the end where Jotaro offers to tank the attack because he trusts Josuke to take care of the target and heal him later and Josuke's all oh geez oh man.

Sekkira
Apr 11, 2008

I Don't Get It,
I Don't Get It,

Aurain posted:

Even though he totally owned DIO, a lovely rat beat him for all intents and purposes.

This is what I love the most about JoJo, what it's all about. The power baseline is pretty much flat. No stand is flat out better than any other in every aspect and the winner is decided by the ingenuity of the stand user. Hell, even the alien dude almost beat a stand user.

And because it's set so high, even at a flat rate, you can get poo poo like "Oh hey, I just beat a dude who can stop time" followed by getting totally wrecked by a dude who's stand is a comic book.

hoobajoo
Jun 2, 2004

Bad Seafood posted:

I like Let's Go Hunting! less for the rats (who I agree aren't very compelling) and more for Josuke and Jotaro's relationship and interactions. I actually really like Jotaro's cool as a cucumber approach to things, but he definitely benefits from having a livelier partner to accent his stoicism. Lots of good scenes between the two of them, especially near the end where Jotaro offers to tank the attack because he trusts Josuke to take care of the target and heal him later and Josuke's all oh geez oh man.

That's easily on my top 5 ballsiest JoJo plans, and their cool uncle-nephew dynamic is always a delight. Especially when you remember Josuke is technically the uncle.

Every part is the best part of DIU.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Conversation while watching the last SC Episode posted:

(6:46:32 PM) Hob: "Though it shames me as a gentleman, I, Jonathan Joestar, will kill you to satisfy my anger!" - Jonathan Joestar, 1887
"You really pissed me off." - Jotaro Kujo, 1989
(6:46:58 PM) Every: Erina clearly gave the Joestar family some awful genes.
(6:47:16 PM) Hob: Nah, it was Lisa Lisa.
(6:47:22 PM) Every: Oh, right.
(6:47:42 PM) Hob: Remember how she got pissed and killed that military official zombie and had to live in exile as a result?

Now that I think about it, every one of the main Jojos descended from Lisa Lisa's bloodline is pretty belligerent whereas Giorno is fairly calm in contrast. :stare:

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Josuke's fine.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Except for the time he literally went blind with rage because someone insulted his hair.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Beef Chief posted:

Josuke's fine.

The gently caress did you say about my hair?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Waffleman_ posted:

Except for the time he literally went blind with rage because someone insulted his hair.
This barely happens and when it does he only beats the poo poo out of actually awful people compared to Joseph, Jotaro, and Jolyne who would sometimes do incredibly lovely things to other people for small reasons.

This is not to mention he is a very kind person, has grounded morals, and his only real fault is he's greedy and flashy as poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

josuke gets pissed because in his head people are insulting his hero, a really cool dude who literally saved his life at no reward whatsoever.

Johnny Joestar fucked around with this message at 01:35 on Jun 24, 2015