Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Twazuk
Oct 3, 2010
For a while there I thought I'd gone into the Awkward, Ugly and Gross thread again.

Edit: have some fanart for the new page, since these two are in the same game now.

Twazuk has a new favorite as of 21:21 on Jun 20, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Can you guys at least include some good/horrifying pics when you feel like bitching at each other?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
It's so wonderful to see people still drawing DA2 art, because their memories are so good, of a really good game :3:.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Twazuk posted:

For a while there I thought I'd gone into the Awkward, Ugly and Gross thread again.

Edit: have some fanart for the new page, since these two are in the same game now.

Hahaha did Mario trim off his moustache and just give it to Ryu?

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Pick posted:

It's so wonderful to see people still drawing DA2 art, because their memories are so good, of a really good game :3:.

Please don't trigger me

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

Pick posted:

Definitely a strange game at least what with its 3/10 polish, 3/10 execution, 7/10 text and 11/10 subtext. A good case study of why you don't rush a deadline.

But this isn't the thread for that.

:allears:

Eggbeater Jesus
Sep 21, 2008

Add a dab of lavender to milk. Leave town with an orange, and pretend you're laughing at it.

This is magical.

And now I want to put on the Lovin' Spoonful.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!
I forgot one:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Spongebob and Patrick

Michaellaneous has a new favorite as of 17:03 on Jun 21, 2015

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

Electric Bugaloo posted:

HERE LISTEN TO THIS AND HAVE SOME TERRIBLE MORRISSEY FANART:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXdb3ghAGOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

I drew this.

I remember someone somewhere asking if they could color it, but never really following up.

It's nice to see when things pan out!

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Mazed posted:

I drew this.

I remember someone somewhere asking if they could color it, but never really following up.

It's nice to see when things pan out!

Still the best LP fanart I've seen. You up for doing the cast of Drakengard 3 now?

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Speaking of goon-made fanart...

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
Don't you just love it when you need a few seconds to realize the full horror of whats staring you in the face.

The minions were fine in moderation but now they're starting to spiral out of control.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I wondered if people already had boners for Indominus Rex.

This is described as a "steampunk Indominus Rex"

Possibly :nws: http://i.imgur.com/nk4OtcH.jpg

And bonus Five Nights at Freddy's OC version:

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete
I get the feeling the minons are a social experiment where they just use marketing to act like something is popular and see if everyone will like it so they don't feel left out.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Minions are to the 2010s as the Tasmanian Devil is to the 1990s and I am basing this conclusion purely on the Facebook activity of moms.

Je suis fatigue
May 5, 2009

Amazing! It's a double J.O.!

Waffleman_ posted:

The Minions are to the 2010s as the Tasmanian Devil is to the 1990s and I am basing this conclusion purely on the Facebook activity of moms.

God drat that's apt as gently caress.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Waffleman_ posted:

Rednecks aren't getting minion tattoos

Mintergalactic
Dec 26, 2012

Minions are more like the second coming of gangsta Mario tshirts

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

*Jim Ross voice* "It's Minion!"

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
This is what happens when you ask people to use mouse only MSPaint to draw.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Waffleman_ posted:

Where does Tweety fall into this slider?

Freudian
Mar 23, 2011

Smoking Crow posted:

Rednecks aren't getting minion tattoos

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Serperoth posted:

Where does Tweety fall into this slider?

Fat chicks.

why are there clouds inside his helmet? :psyduck:

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Waffleman_ posted:

Add to this the Facebook activity of pretty much every young adult and college student in my feed.

Also I might add Big Dog shirts to that Taz part.

Suspicious Cook
Oct 9, 2012

Onward to burgers!
Minions are just Ubisoft's Rabbids, except instead of cartoon rabbits they're anthropomorphized Twinkies.

Terrorforge
Dec 22, 2013

More of a furnace, really

I wasn't weirded out by this until I realized it was a sexy rendition of Ms. Pacman, because apparently sexy renditions of the animatronic chicken from fnaf are just part of my normal now.

Terrorforge has a new favorite as of 15:47 on Jun 23, 2015

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Waffleman_ posted:

:vince:

My gf's mom is too old and conservative to be a media marketing target and she definitely couldn't care less about feeling left out, given that she lives in the People's Republic of Massachusetts.

She can not get enough of those goddamn minions, however.

It's moms. Moms all the way down.

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Add to this the Facebook activity of pretty much every young adult and college student in my feed.

Also I might add Big Dog shirts to that Taz part.

Make friends with college students at better schools.

Also, I feel like there was a very brief window (I wanna say in the temporal vicinity of 9/11) where it was somehow acceptable for even relatively well-educated and employed people to wear Big Dog shirts- in a way that it wasn't for Taz. Mostly dads. Especially dads with sons who could wear their own Big Dog shirts in tandem. Saw a lot of fat dads with fat sons in Big Dog shirts those days.

Those were the Billy Bass days. The days when Toby Keith was gonna put a boot in your rear end and middle class people aspired to turn their homes into the waiting area of an Outback Steakhouse: A Bigmouth Billy Bass on the wall and a Big Dog shirt on the dad. The American Dream. gently caress you, Bin Laden.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Electric Bugaloo posted:

Also, I feel like there was a very brief window (I wanna say in the temporal vicinity of 9/11) where it was somehow acceptable for even relatively well-educated and employed people to wear Big Dog shirts- in a way that it wasn't for Taz. Mostly dads. Especially dads with sons who could wear their own Big Dog shirts in tandem. Saw a lot of fat dads with fat sons in Big Dog shirts those days.

Those were the Billy Bass days. The days when Toby Keith was gonna put a boot in your rear end and middle class people aspired to turn their homes into the waiting area of an Outback Steakhouse: A Bigmouth Billy Bass on the wall and a Big Dog shirt on the dad. The American Dream. gently caress you, Bin Laden.

I know the plural of anecdote is not data but I'm inclined to agree. I have never seen a Big Dog shirt in the Bay Area (Or at least the East Bay), but they were everywhere at Disneyland around the turn of the century to summer 2002/03. The days when my middle school played "Proud to be an American" on September 11th.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Kavak posted:

I know the plural of anecdote is not data but I'm inclined to agree. I have never seen a Big Dog shirt in the Bay Area (Or at least the East Bay), but they were everywhere at Disneyland around the turn of the century to summer 2002/03. The days when my middle school played "Proud to be an American" on September 11th.

Yeah, they were surprisingly common in New England. And I'm talking about civilized New England like CT and MA. I'm sure New Hampshire and Maine were positively swimming in Big Dogs.

Definitely not surprised that the Bay Area was Big Dog free. That clothing trend never successfully crossed racial boundaries the way the Looney Tunes did.

Schnedwob
Feb 28, 2014

my legs are okay
I believe in Dog Dads. Mine was a pretty vehement one. Do a bunch of old edits count as fanart?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Schnedwob posted:

I believe in Dog Dads. Mine was a pretty vehement one. Do a bunch of old edits count as fanart?

:vince::vince::vince:

Can we bring this back?

And apropos of the Billy Bass: http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/ee06/?pfm=AprilFools_homepage_Featured_4_ee06

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Waffleman_ posted:

I work at a campground and I can confirm that every week I see adults wearing minion stuff in exactly this manner. I really don't get it at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Schnedwob posted:

• Locked thread