Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So I popped in the game into my PS4 last night and it was apparently installed because it took up its 50 gigs of hard drive space. Then I had to wait until this morning because the game had to download its day one patch. Then I start playing this morning but have to stop a bit after dropping Poison Ivy off at GCPD because apparently the game isn't done installing yet? And I go into the Extras tab and it says it'll take something in the neighborhood of six hours and thirty minutes? What in the name of gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Calaveron posted:

So I popped in the game into my PS4 last night and it was apparently installed because it took up its 50 gigs of hard drive space. Then I had to wait until this morning because the game had to download its day one patch. Then I start playing this morning but have to stop a bit after dropping Poison Ivy off at GCPD because apparently the game isn't done installing yet? And I go into the Extras tab and it says it'll take something in the neighborhood of six hours and thirty minutes? What in the name of gently caress?

Huh. My game is only partially installed and it's letting me play past that. I can't do all the challenges yet, but at 16gigs I haven't been stopped from playing yet.

Then again I downloaded it, so probably different rules in play.

Terrible Horse
Apr 27, 2004
:I
Only played twenty minutes or so but I had no crashes or huge framerate drops with an AMD 7700 something or other. All settings on low, but honestly if it plays nice I wouldn't care if it looked the same as City. I'm hoping a patch might allow me to bump it up but I'm just happy it works, with what I've been hearing.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Dear Steam, I know i used the nvidia code.. I know for some reason this got me the new 52 skin... but please... give me the batman beyond skin.

On that note, Anyone else think the new 52 skin is just kinda... bland?

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride
Also I'm playing on a 780 with everything turned up at 1440p and it seems fine.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

This is a bigger spoiler than Arkham Knight being Jason Todd, the third Robin who was thought to have been killed by the Joker.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Flytrap posted:

Huh. My game is only partially installed and it's letting me play past that. I can't do all the challenges yet, but at 16gigs I haven't been stopped from playing yet.

Then again I downloaded it, so probably different rules in play.

Yeah, I wanted to do a challenge before continuing with the story. Very frustrating, so I stopped playing for now hoping the install will be done by the time I come back.
(that poo poo keeps installing if I leave the PS4 on rest mode right?)

Also I thought the gamestop preorder also came with the batman beyond skin? I wanted that poo poo :(

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Arkham Knight has such a bitch boy problem child attitude. They really couldn't of telegraphed the Jason Todd reveal any harder. Still awesome, however.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
You know, I really don't like the idea of the Batmobile but every little detail about it is done in such a cool way I think I may end up liking it. Just getting in and out, or switching in and out of battle mode is incredibly satisfying because every little piece of the car is so detailed. Also so far I've found very little the Batmobile can't just plow through, and it all makes very satisfying debris as it gets tossed around. If it wasn't as polished as it is I'd have a much bigger problem with it.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

You don't like the idea of the Batmobile... umm, ok.

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

I pre-ordered this game, something I normally never do. I don't even know why. Does GreenMan Gaming do refunds? gently caress.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I just don't understand how you are meant to come to a stop. you press the brake button and in a split second you're reversing at 100 mph. a minor issue but it just feels weird to me

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ethanol posted:

I just don't understand how you are meant to come to a stop. you press the brake button and in a split second you're reversing at 100 mph. a minor issue but it just feels weird to me

I've found it much faster to 'break' by swapping into tank mode.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

Atheist Sunglasses posted:

I pre-ordered this game, something I normally never do. I don't even know why. Does GreenMan Gaming do refunds? gently caress.
If they've sent you the key you cannot get a refund.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

net cafe scandal posted:

You don't like the idea of the Batmobile... umm, ok.

Don't be obtuse. Of course I like the Batmobile in a general sense, but I don't like the idea of putting it in a game series that so far has been excellent without it.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

very well.

Qmass
Jun 3, 2003

transform to tank mode to stop...

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The environment destruction in this game is nearly Just Cause 2 tier.. very underrated. I was able to shoot one of those globe things on the roof of that winch tutorial into like 50 pieces.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

I got stuck in a grate during the fear multi-takedown tutorial. Couldn't move, couldn't leave the grate, couldn't do anything. Fortunately hitting restart only reverted me as far back as before I jumped in the grate and the second time I jumped in it went fine. My usual solution to that kind of problem is to fast travel somewhere though - is there fast travel in this game or are you just expected to Batmobile your way around?

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

net cafe scandal posted:

Arkham Knight has such a bitch boy problem child attitude. They really couldn't of telegraphed the Jason Todd reveal any harder. Still awesome, however.
lmao

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Terrible question incoming: When Batman is hanging from a ledge or whatever, does LCtrl not drop him down anymore? What are you supposed to press to drop him down a level? I was hitting everything and he just hung there.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Are the poo poo performance stuff only on AMD cards or?

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Dongattack posted:

Are the poo poo performance stuff only on AMD cards or?

It's across the board by the sounds of it.

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Mokinokaro posted:

It's across the board by the sounds of it.

boooooooooooo

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer
the byeond skin is bad its all chunky and robotic, not sleek and form fitting. can't even amke out the shape of batman's buttocks. arkham city version is better

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

the byeond skin is bad its all chunky and robotic, not sleek and form fitting. can't even amke out the shape of batman's buttocks. arkham city version is better

buttman begins?

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison
why does this keep crashing saying it cant find files on PC?

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name
People were asking about Harley DLC few pages back. If you got the game free with a nvidia card you don't get the preorder DLC, WB disabled it for the coupons somehow.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Man, what is up with Warner Bros. and PC ports, this poo poo is dumb. Ended up grabbing the PS4 version since the PC port is hosed.

Apparently the word is that WB farmed the port out to Iron Galaxy, so if you needed another reason to think Dave Lang is a monster...

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

LOCUST FART HELL posted:

Batman: Arkham Knight: I can't even make out the shape of Batman's buttocks.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Terminally Bored posted:

People were asking about Harley DLC few pages back. If you got the game free with a nvidia card you don't get the preorder DLC, WB disabled it for the coupons somehow.

Bleh, I was wondering about that. I only played for about 10 minutes today and it ran fine on my rig. The Benchmark said I averaged 59fps at full settings but I didn't make any changes to the ini. It remains to be seen whether or not I have issues down the line though. It's a shame it's such a lovely port. The Steam reviews are absolutely savaging the game right now.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

VanillaGorilla posted:

Man, what is up with Warner Bros. and PC ports, this poo poo is dumb.

They farm out most ports to companies that are cheaper than doing it in house.

The only really good pc port they've done lately was Mordor which ran beautifully.

Zat
Jan 16, 2008

uncurable mlady posted:

why does this keep crashing saying it cant find files on PC?

Editing the motion blur things in the ini does this for me. If I only change the framerate limit, no problems.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

lmao i've read literally no batman comics and even i called this. what a lame twist

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Mokinokaro posted:

They farm out most ports to companies that are cheaper than doing it in house.

The only really good pc port they've done lately was Mordor which ran beautifully.

Which Monolith demanded they do themselves, for this specific reason.

e: Honestly as someone who to this day thinks Origins is the best of all these games, this whole debacle is sweet music to my ears.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Dead Like Rev posted:

Dear Steam, I know i used the nvidia code.. I know for some reason this got me the new 52 skin... but please... give me the batman beyond skin.

On that note, Anyone else think the new 52 skin is just kinda... bland?

Everything about the New 52 is, at best, super bland.

Terminally Bored
Oct 31, 2011

Twenty-five dollars and a six pack to my name

Levantine posted:

Bleh, I was wondering about that. I only played for about 10 minutes today and it ran fine on my rig. The Benchmark said I averaged 59fps at full settings but I didn't make any changes to the ini. It remains to be seen whether or not I have issues down the line though. It's a shame it's such a lovely port. The Steam reviews are absolutely savaging the game right now.

Ah, yeah. That's another thing: the benchmarks have unlocked framerate, the main game doesn't. I'd say the reviews are right.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

goddamn they rearranged all the controls, i keep trying to hit L1 to activate detective mode and that just summons the batmobile

mrfishstick
Oct 15, 2005
Fear not PC crew, WB is valiantly prepared to throw their "external PC development partner" under the PR bus.

quote:

Hi all

We're aware that some users are reporting performance issues with the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight. This is something that Rocksteady takes very seriously. We are working closely with our external PC development partner to make sure these issues get resolved as quickly as possible.

We'll update this thread when we've got more info to share.

Thanks
CODA

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/PC-Performance-issues-we-hear-you/m-p/571341#U571341

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

CuwiKhons posted:

goddamn they rearranged all the controls, i keep trying to hit L1 to activate detective mode and that just summons the batmobile
Alt+1, 2, 3 for special combos still making me laugh.

• Locked thread