Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bean
Sep 9, 2001
Would it be possible for them to have paid DLC that isn't on the disc?

Mostly I just want new outfits, but I could see them doing level packs and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
anything is possible, it's 2015

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Bean posted:

Would it be possible for them to have paid DLC that isn't on the disc?

Mostly I just want new outfits, but I could see them doing level packs and stuff.

Level packs? How on earth would that work when you have map rotations?

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

I just want to play as an octoling.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Rexroom posted:

Level Packs are pretty much the worst thing you can do in a fledgling online shooter because it fragments the playerbase. While Splatoon's sold really well, we don't know if that playerbase size will stay consistent in the long-term yet. The big-name titles like CoD, Battlefield and Halo can do it because even if only like 1/3 or 1/4 buy those map packs, it's still a really big number of players on either side of the equation.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Rexroom posted:

Wouldn't surprise me if they offered a fourth matchmaking option for people with the DLC that offered a different rotation.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

video games become a lot more fun when you stop worrying about what you own and don't own and what's on the disc and what you have to pay for and

just buy a video game with the content you want at the price you're comfortable with and just enjoy yourself

edit: I was on the fence about splatoon when it launched but I bought it because I wanted to play with friends and haven't regretted it. Got about 30 hours out of it so far. The slow rollout of already-on-the-disc-but-I-don't-give-a-poo poo content gives me an excuse to check in a couple times a week when otherwise I'd probably burn out in a couple weeks, but that's just me in a world where I only have so much time to dedicate to video games these days.

Kaubocks fucked around with this message at 14:14 on Jun 23, 2015

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
If unlocking on-disc content makes you mad then maybe cool down by blaming your C+ rank on disconnects and the Japanese.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
the japs are at fault for all things tbh

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
When will we get the DLC that removes ink from roller flicks? just have that poo poo splash the ground in a decent area.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Cat/dog arguing was much more preferable to the last few pages of crybaby :qq: BUT I WANT IT ALL AND I WANT IT NOWWWWWW ETHIIIIIICS :qq: bullshit.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
when can team dog kill again

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

ITS MY DLC AND I NEED IT NOW

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

raditts posted:

Cat/dog arguing was much more preferable to the last few pages of crybaby :qq: BUT I WANT IT ALL AND I WANT IT NOWWWWWW ETHIIIIIICS :qq: bullshit.

Not really. I like the whining more because it shows who is bad in addition to dog pickers.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

raditts posted:

Amen

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

did you know amiibos are physical dlc

Bread Set Jettison
Jan 8, 2009

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

ThisIsACoolGuy Nooooooo *Jumps in front of incoming posts about the subject, and is immediately splatted*

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Physical DLC that you can't even buy because none of the stores carry more than a handful of stock. I don't mind the content rollout, but amiibos are bullshit.

I would like to play those challenge stages :geno:

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Jun 23, 2015

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

You are scum.

noirstronaut
Aug 10, 2012

by Cowcaster
technically, the content is already on the dic so are amiibo really dlc

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Internet Kraken posted:

Physical DLC that you can't even buy because none of the stores carry more than a handful of stock. I don't mind the content rollout, but amiibos are bullshit.

I would liked to play those challenge stages :geno:

The inkling kids at least are easy enough to come by.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures
Amiibos are poo poo because even if you could actually buy them, it's 15~20$ for content that would be overpriced at 5 dollars.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

Team Caaaat! :argh:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Excuse me but the plural form of amiibo is just amiibo. Also it's written in lowercase. :reject:

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

I get mad when I can't just skip to the last boss in games. It's all on the disc! Why can't I play it the way I want? Why do I have to put up with hours of unfun busywork just to see the end? I can only judge a game's merits on the end boss, so I want to make sure I get to see it untainted by the rest of the dumb game.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

I would like to play those challenge stages :geno:
They aren't very good, don't worry. The charger ones are particularly mundane.

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003
i want all the content now now now. someone change my diaper, its full

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I hope they add more music for the multiplayer modes. The 5 tracks packed in aren't bad, but I'm getting a little bored of them.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

As a not-much-freetime-haver, I like that I can drop into Splatoon for an hour every few days and find fresh content without feeling swamped. It's a neat release strategy for an casual online-focused game.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

http://splatoonus.tumblr.com/post/122257697339/the-luna-blaster-weapon-will-be-added-to-splatoon

quote:

The Luna Blaster weapon will be added to Splatoon today at 7 PM PT! What it lacks in range, it more than makes up for in fire rate and explosive impact. This blaster-type weapon is perfect for getting up close and personal. For far away foes, build up that special gauge and blast ‘em with an Inkzooka, or ruin their day with a surprise Ink Mine!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Yep, I'm going to ruin many a ranked team playing with that weapon

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Now THAT's a blaster I think I can get behind.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Puistokemisti posted:

Amiibos are poo poo because even if you could actually buy them, it's 15~20$ for content that would be overpriced at 5 dollars.

The primary value of the amiibo is the figurine itself. The game stuff is just a sweet extra. Until we get a Skylanders-esque amiibo-centric game, that it.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

cool. another lovely explosion weapon that you can just shoot and kill things around corners.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

jivjov posted:

The primary value of the amiibo is the figurine itself. The game stuff is just a sweet extra. Until we get a Skylanders-esque amiibo-centric game, that it.

I used to play Warhammer and I'm not paying loving 20 euros for plastic mans ever again.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

jivjov posted:

Well that got announced at e3 :v:.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

smMFh

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Well that got announced at e3 :v:.

Ehhhh...so far amiibo Festival is only announced as compatible with the Animal Crossing line, so I'm not sure what that's gonna do to the value of the Splatoon, Mario and Smash lines.

skeletronics
Jul 19, 2005
Man
That's not what he's talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

jivjov posted:

Ehhhh...so far amiibo Festival is only announced as compatible with the Animal Crossing line, so I'm not sure what that's gonna do to the value of the Splatoon, Mario and Smash lines.

Close but no cigar. Skylanders: Superchargers :v:.

• Locked thread