Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Well think about it this way, average out the potency of your attacks, that's your average potency every GCD, for a MCN it's a little more complicated due to procs but you can calculate it roughly like this:

1/2 of your shots should proc you should do 1 slug shot for every 2 split shots, same for Clean to slug so 4:2:1 averages 160 potency per regular attack
Out of every 12 attacks we will do 1 hot shot and 1 lead shot so averages out to 184 potency average out of our GCD's

Off global cool downs just divide potency by time so you get the potency/GCD
Head Graze is 100 per 25 so 100/10 = 10/gcd
Blank is 100 per 30 so 100/12 8.3/gcd
Gauss round is 200 per 20 so 25/gcd

Auto attacks average to about 83 potency a GCD ((They individual potency is based on weapon speed))

So without Gauss barrel we do 184+18.3+83 Potency per GCD for 283 potency per GCD

Gauss barrel is then 184*1.2+18.3*1.2+25*1.2 = 220 +22 + 30 = 272 potency per GCD (assuming a flat 20% damage increase is a flat 20 potency increase, I assume it's more complicated than that but)

This is assuming gauss barrel never makes you cancel a cast.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Yoshi can remove every single black mage skill except Blizzard1 and it would still be my favorite job in the game.

Because, you know, black mage :black101:

mightygerm
Jun 29, 2002

Adept Nightingale posted:

I dunno. I don't use parsers or anything like that, but I do main bard. I hated Minuet pretty much the moment I got it, and continued to hate it until I hit 54 and got Empyrean, and now 56 has given me Iron Jaws (which refreshes both your dots simultaneously). Empyrean is... really, really satisfying, actually-- if you plan to use barrage along with it, a crit gives me about 3600 damage in one button press. I can only imagine how fun that's going to be at 60 in real gear.

I'm still getting used to the loss of mobility, but on the whole the trade-off's so far seemed worth it. I definitely feel like I'm contributing more DPS.

It only feels like you're doing more damage because you see big numbers. Losing autoattacks, delaying oGCDs, and any movement/los at all fucks over WM. Its only worth being in for aoe packs and for an opening salvo of barrage emp arrow, dots, and sidewinder. I've tested on a dummy and WM is only like a 20-30 dps increase when completely stationary.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS
I've been doing some thinking and I think the 2 biggest changes to Bard I'd want to see are a slight buff to WM damage (5% or so) and change WM to a proper off-GCD stance.

As it is turning WM on and off is incredibly clunky and since the damage is such a small increase, it's not even worth turning back on after the first time you use it. Increase the damage plus add in a stance, and you'll get an even higher skill cap than now while making minuet a lot more interesting to use.

I'm also interested to see if our 58 skill is going to useless or the most hilariously OP thing ever, but we'll find out about that come Alexander.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I'm probably gonna to change class once I hit 60. I'm not terribly fussed by the numbers or whatever, I just don't enjoy the BLM-lite style of play. I've always liked the highly mobile classes and BRD just isn't that anymore.

Arrgytehpirate fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Jun 23, 2015

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Okay.. Au Ra female log out animation in the inn is the most fetishy thing ever. Although I doubt anyone else has seen it since most players didn't log out during Early Access.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Kwyndig posted:

Okay.. Au Ra female log out animation in the inn is the most fetishy thing ever. Although I doubt anyone else has seen it since most players didn't log out during Early Access.

Why am I not surprised

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Kwyndig posted:

Can't say poo poo like this and not have a gif

BottledBodhisvata
Jul 26, 2013

by Lowtax

Kwyndig posted:

Well don't leave us in suspense.

Male Au Ra's just sleep like robots.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Knocked out the main scenario last night on WAR. I'm noticing they've included a lot more instances in fights where either the off tank is tanking or no one is, making it more useful to stance swap if you're not already stance dancing.

That's all I've got. Last fight is amazing, easily the most Final Fantasy encounter in terms of the pure spectacle of it all, and I look forward to them introducing a Hard/EX version worth farming.

e: Spoilered. Nothing story/mechanics stated, but just in case.

Vitamean fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Jun 23, 2015

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
To be fair they are never gonna beat the Lalafell sleep-logoff animation so why bother trying.

WaffleStomp
May 7, 2007
Couldn't really find a solid answer so maybe someone can help. For the Welcome Back campaign - I cancelled my sub on 4/21 and haven't logged since (and I believe the last time I logged in was in early April, but I have no clue how to check). Have had an account since launch day. If I resub and log in now, will I be able to get the silver tokens for i120 gear? I really want to get my item level up quickly so I can complete the rest of the main story. Alternatively, at this point, how quick can I blow through the rest of the story? I was locked out of the next quests due to an ilvl90 requirement and being that my main was DPS, queue times for the duty finder were awful a few months back.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

SwissArmyDruid posted:

I thought this was cute:

I didn't get my stuff yet - do you have to put in your main expansion code to get that stuff?

Killsion
Feb 16, 2011

Templars Rock.

Kalenn Istarion posted:

I didn't get my stuff yet - do you have to put in your main expansion code to get that stuff?

Fairly certain of that.

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

Kalenn Istarion posted:

Yup no matter what version pc/steam/whatever gotta enter the code.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Kwyndig posted:

What are you talking about?

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

SperginMcBadposter posted:

What are you talking about?

i expected something interesting, rather than that dude making poo poo up in his own head.

Gishin
Jun 15, 2013

But... This... What is this practice for?
Actually true comic.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Kwyndig posted:

Sounds like someone's secretly thirsting for that lizard booty.

Arthil
Feb 17, 2012

A Beard of Constant Sorrow
I mean, I guess technically that gif shows one in a robe so you kinda don't get mooned.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Kwyndig posted:

People actually go to an inn to log out? Why?

Kalenn Istarion posted:

I got my preorder bonuses this morning before putting in my code. You probably need the code for the CE items though.

I'm really digging the story so far, the XP walls are pretty heavy if you're JUST trying to go through the MSQ, but it's not too bad (grinding out a level can take a while, side quests are kind of slow, but dungeon spam and roulettes are decent). At least the quest pacing is much much better than anything 2.X had. I'm at the lvl 54 wall now, having just completed the second dungeon. So far the 2 dungeons have been great and Ravana was awesome. Loving everything so far and it looks like I'm about to be a hodgepodge of gear again as the lvl 54 gear seems to be i130+ and I'm currently in full Ironworks.

Klades
Sep 8, 2011

Arthil posted:

I mean, I guess technically that gif shows one in a robe so you kinda don't get mooned.

I think if you're wearing an outfit which results in you getting mooned you've already gone well over the fetish threshold under your own power.

On that note, it's kind of a bummer that the new jobs don't get AF gear, so it looks like you're mostly rocking the coliseum sets from 44-50. Not that the greater healer population needed an excuse to dress entirely in swimsuits and underpants, since that seems to be part of their code or something.

kojei
Feb 12, 2008

Ouhei posted:

People actually go to an inn to log out? Why?

for the fetishy animations, obviously

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Klades posted:

Not that the greater healer population needed an excuse to dress entirely in swimsuits and underpants, since that seems to be part of their code or something.

Yet another reason why Male Roegadyn is the best race/sex combination in the game.

Kuvo
Oct 27, 2008

Blame it on the misfortune of your bark!
Fun Shoe

Eimi posted:

Yup no matter what version pc/steam/whatever gotta enter the code.

what code do i need to enter where?

Orabilis
May 6, 2014

Gishin posted:

Actually true comic.

Poor Cecil. It turned out he was playing a tank class all along.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
I get what they were going for with MCH and Ammunition, but they should've just made reload tie into bonus effects or more obvious damage increases rather than make your main combo work. Like, make ammo double the effect of hot shot, or make your main combo apply a dot or something else.

GB and WM are both hosed, but that's almost an entirely different barrel of monkeys.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
Idyllshire is a pretty great play on words.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

Gishin posted:

Actually true comic.

Crying tears of joy for becoming the best tanking class in the game. A good comic.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Apparently the Mac version is unusable to the point that people are attempting to get refunds. Perhaps this isn't surprising but pretty shameful if they're charging full price for it and the game doesn't run at all.

Edit: And the game doesn't appear to run at all unless you change your OS X settings to allow apps to be run from anywhere since the app binary isn't from an identified developer.

triple sulk fucked around with this message at 16:52 on Jun 23, 2015

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Minrad posted:

I get what they were going for with MCH and Ammunition, but they should've just made reload tie into bonus effects or more obvious damage increases rather than make your main combo work. Like, make ammo double the effect of hot shot, or make your main combo apply a dot or something else.

GB and WM are both hosed, but that's almost an entirely different barrel of monkeys.

They should remove MCH ammo and replace it with how old-timey muskets worked!

Here's their 3 new skills! replace man with cat girl, solution found. Mount and blade but with cat girls.

Calihan
Jan 6, 2008
Well I am starting to see why DRK is so popular. There is a certain appeal in kicking something in the balls then shadow-Falcon Punching it in the face.

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012
Have you thanked a White Mage for providing you with sick heals today?

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Relic Quest 3.1 better involve flying and finding moogles hidden around the world that spawn once every seven hours for three minutes at a time to get Malachite Gems that you have to stick into an airship to get enough Aether to raise a stat by a point.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av

Mo0 posted:

Relic Quest 3.1 better involve flying and finding moogles hidden around the world that spawn once every seven hours for three minutes at a time to get Malachite Gems that you have to stick into an airship to get enough Aether to raise a stat by a point.

No gently caress you

i never finished the Alex grind :negative:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
So the amount of Triple Triad Tournament points that NPCs are worth was slashed by about a third.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Stormgale posted:

Auto attacks are potency 70 correct?

Just so I can do some napkin math r.e. gauss barrel

Auto-attack potency is not a fixed number for each attack. It's actually 100 potency every 3 seconds, regardless of weapon speed. So the Hive Musketoon's auto-attacks are 100 * 2.64 / 3 = 88 potency.

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I'm still on book stage so I'm basically leaving it be in favor of starting fresh with 3.0 so I feel your pain but also wish others to feel it.

MikeyLikesIt
Sep 25, 2012

Mo0 posted:

I'm still on book stage so I'm basically leaving it be in favor of starting fresh with 3.0 so I feel your pain but also wish others to feel it.

I dropped it at the Novus stage, distinct light level. It was so close to the release of Heavensward that I was like screw it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Fister Roboto posted:

Auto-attack potency is not a fixed number for each attack. It's actually 100 potency every 3 seconds, regardless of weapon speed. So the Hive Musketoon's auto-attacks are 100 * 2.64 / 3 = 88 potency.

Yeah I got my answer before I did my math at the top of the page, thanks though.

• Locked thread