Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

So steam does no questions asked refunds, but then gmg did a last minute 40% off. I can see why. Seems kind of shady considering none of the reviewers got a pc review copy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I just did some weird poo poo. I got to a mission objective, and drove away before activating it to go interrogate a dude. Then I remote parked the batmobile in a completely random location a few hundred meters away, ran over and activated the mission objective, and it just so happened the next objective was exactly where I parked the batmobile.

I know, incredible story, witness my hesitation as I discover my untold powers
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/InvadeFranceNow/video/3743730

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I got my PC copy for free with my video card and it runs great!

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

net cafe scandal posted:

The environment destruction in this game is nearly Just Cause 2 tier.. very underrated. I was able to shoot one of those globe things on the roof of that winch tutorial into like 50 pieces.

I crashed into a storefront at Not Times Square and discovered the shop was destructible. All the people that live and work in Gotham are gonna be pissed when they get back.

ChibiSoma
Apr 13, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
> Put Arkham Knight disc in.
> Check for update I know is coming.
> Try to enter pre-order/new copy codes
> PSN shits the bed and won't complete the process
> Game literally cannot start without the patch

:byodood:

At least I didn't go PC, I guess, but god drat it, lemme play while the patch is pulled down! It's gonna take most of the afternoon at the speed it's going. I want to dress up as Adam West and punch robots in the face!

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I was pleased my ps4 version was working at least after seeing this thread composed of 99% pc problems. Go to start the game again and it says I'm locked out for 83 days. :cool:

bean mom
Jan 30, 2009

plape tickler posted:

I was pleased my ps4 version was working at least after seeing this thread composed of 99% pc problems. Go to start the game again and it says I'm locked out for 83 days. :cool:

that's quite the probation!

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Man it sure was a twist to have Batman be a murderer in this one, but I do love the part where he kills your framerate

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
Can someone who owns this on PC please post a review to the effect of "Runs great on SteamOS! 10/10!" and post screenshots of their hatemail?

Supposedly the FPS lock can be upped via .ini files? After 60fps Dark Souls turning ladders into deathtraps I don't see that being an option. Who'd they outsource the PC port to? Surely not Nixxes.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."
Didn't actually play much last night since I spent about an hour testing graphics settings, but here's what mostly seems to work for anyone else with a GTX 960:

- Turn off the Nvidia fog thing. This seems to cause the largest performance hit out of any setting and will tank your framerate regardless of what else you're doing
- Leave the texture resolution on low. This is a lovely compromise since the options seem to be "normal" where everything looks really good, and "low" where everything looks like every Unreal engine game before the models actually stream in properly and characters look like amorphous blobs covered in vaseline.

Shadows and detail settings can be tweaked on the fly and don't seem to have as much of an effect, but I ended up turning the shadows to low and detail to normal since I was still getting big frame hitches when driving around in the batmobile. Having no option between low and normal for the textures is really annoying since it's basically a binary choice between characters looking amazing and looking like there's some sort of error going on with the rendering engine. Also seems to make it so Batman's cape will glitch out graphically while you're gliding around and you'll have giant pixels on the edges of his cape.

It's certainly playable and still looks good as long as you don't slow down and actually examine anything too closely, but this is a terrible port given Rocksteady's record and I expected a lot better. Hopefully they'll release some optimization patches soon and update the settings screen so it doesn't have bullshit like "Antialiasing = on/off". Not sure what type of AA it's actually using on that note, but it looks like one of the janky ones that makes everything appear blurry (FXAA I think) and it would be nice to be able to change it to TXAA or something good. People complain about Arkham Origins all the time but it at least ran really well on PC and had all sorts of graphics options.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

plape tickler posted:

scarecrow strikes again

Ultraviper
Jul 26, 2007

I won the 100th Concurrent WOL Jabber Award and All I Got Was This Lousy Title!

Reason posted:

I got my PC copy for free with my video card and it runs great!

Mine did too for the 20 minutes I actually played. 60fps with dips into the 40s now and then. Then I read somewhere that doing verify cache would make it run even better so I tried that. Now it's making me download the whole game over again. Only 6 hours left!

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Still just starting (on PS4). I preordered. Should I have access to any skins at this point? If so, where the gently caress do I change into them?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

Feenix posted:

Still just starting (on PS4). I preordered. Should I have access to any skins at this point? If so, where the gently caress do I change into them?

try Extras in the main menu

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

this is a terrible port given Rocksteady's record and I expected a lot better.

mrfishstick posted:

Fear not PC crew, WB is valiantly prepared to throw their "external PC development partner" under the PR bus.

http://community.wbgames.com/t5/Support-for-PC/PC-Performance-issues-we-hear-you/m-p/571341#U571341
It's looking like the PC port was outsourced to Iron Galaxy Studios.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001
At 40% off on GMG I'm thinking buy-now-play-when-fixed is acceptable.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What the gently caress is it seriously going to take over six loving hours to install the game to my ps4?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

CharlestonJew posted:

try Extras in the main menu

Just art.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

It's looking like the PC port was outsourced to Iron Galaxy Studios.

Which is some shifty bullshit for a company putting out their ultimate, trilogy-ending Batman game. Hopefully Rocksteady actually works on making the game more playable on PC instead of just blaming Iron Galaxy for the performance issues as though it's not Rocksteady's fault for outsourcing the development to begin with.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Shumagorath posted:

At 40% off on GMG I'm thinking buy-now-play-when-fixed is acceptable.

I really wish people weren't having issues and it's lovely of Rocksteady to release it like this, but on the other hand I'm having little to no issues besides a single crash a few hours in, and then nothing the rest of the time I played last night.

Neo Rasa
Mar 8, 2007
Everyone should play DUKE games.

:dukedog:

Mr E posted:

I really wish people weren't having issues and it's lovely of WBIE to release it like this, but on the other hand I'm having little to no issues besides a single crash a few hours in, and then nothing the rest of the time I played last night.

I mean let's be realistic here, the publishers are well aware of issues with any of these AAA games. Also they're the ones releasing it since they're...the publisher.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Feenix posted:

Just art.

It's the showcase option. There aren't that many things on the menu dude.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
GMG gives you a Steam key, so yeah if you're on the fence about buying this game, I'd grab it. Couple of weeks and it'll be fixed and back to full price.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

As though it's not Rocksteady's fault for outsourcing the development to begin with.

It might have been the publisher's?

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

1stGear posted:

GMG gives you a Steam key, so yeah if you're on the fence about buying this game, I'd grab it. Couple of weeks and it'll be fixed and back to full price.

It doesn't give you the Beyond/TDKR skins.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Ha ha, ran the benchmark test.

I'm thinking, this aint so bad...not dropping below 49 frames, my computer isn't so new anymore.

Then I get to the city part...

I can SEE it studdering even though the framerate isn't dropping.

Nice. :effort:

Oh...and I turned off all that Nvidia-special stuff. With the witcher 3 that netted me a 10-20 frame boost. I suspect its no different here and the game still looks good. Not Witcher 3 good, but good.

EDIT:

Ran with all the Nvidia stuff on, and surprise surprise, lost 10 frames on average. The interactive fog is pretty cool? But everything else seems dumb. The interactive debris would get annoying after a while. I think I'll leave em all off.

Oh...and it still studdered during the city scene. Yeah. Nice job, Rocksteady.

Snuffman fucked around with this message at 17:47 on Jun 23, 2015

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

This game looks roughly thirty times better than Witcher 3.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe
Sounds like I'll be glad I did the complete PS4 download and installation last night before I went to bed. It might be tough to get connected today.

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
GTX 980, i5 2500k and 8GB ram. Last night I thought "man! everyone's retarded this looks and plays great even after doing the 60 fps ini tweak!" sure there were a few moments where it hung for half a second blazing it in the batmobile but it seemed fine.

Then again last night I was drunk after having been at the bar and now when I'm sober I enabled the Steam FPS overlay and took a look. So long as you're inside with my setup and all settings on it's a stable 60FPS. The second you take a step outside and drive around the FPS drops to around 45-50 with constant dips all the way down to the 10s.

Great port WB :golfclap: at least it came with my GPU and I didn't have to pay to wait for them to fix this garbage.

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sweet, sony support says to download 55 gigs again. Good thing psn is slow and my internet is metered. Not sure how the hell it reverted to pre-order status with an 83 day wait. Digital downloads are so convenient.

Basebf555
Feb 29, 2008

The greatest sensual pleasure there is is to know the desires of another!

Fun Shoe

plape tickler posted:

Sweet, sony support says to download 55 gigs again. Good thing psn is slow and my internet is metered. Not sure how the hell it reverted to pre-order status with an 83 day wait. Digital downloads are so convenient.

Was this after you had already downloaded it and played it yesterday? I'm at work and wondering what the chances are I'm gonna get home and find out I can't play tonight.

Shumagorath
Jun 6, 2001

1stGear posted:

Decided that in six months it'll be fixed and 50% off again. I can spend that much time playing games I already own even if I didn't go outside.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
wow there's an honest to god Birds of Prey reference in this game

Cutedge
Mar 13, 2006

How can we lose so much more than we had before

flyboi posted:

Great port WB :golfclap: at least it came with my GPU and I didn't have to pay to wait for them to fix this garbage.

Rocksteady's response to this pretty much says it all

quote:

We're aware that some users are reporting performance issues with the PC version of Batman: Arkham Knight. This is something that Rocksteady takes very seriously. We are working closely with our external PC development partner to make sure these issues get resolved as quickly as possible.

edit: gently caress, beaten

Cutedge fucked around with this message at 18:02 on Jun 23, 2015

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

wow there's an honest to god Birds of Prey reference in this game

I'm sad it isn't this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fAFP0IoMfsA

plape tickler
Oct 21, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Basebf555 posted:

Was this after you had already downloaded it and played it yesterday? I'm at work and wondering what the chances are I'm gonna get home and find out I can't play tonight.

Yeah, I was playing it this morning. What probably caused it was downloading some extra skin pack.

I grabbed this from the website and then went back and it was locked up tight.
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/batman-arkham-knight-new-52-skins-pack/cid=UP1018-CUSA00133_00-DLCSKINNEW520000

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

net cafe scandal posted:

It's the showcase option. There aren't that many things on the menu dude.

Clearly more than I could track. Thanks. :)

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

This game is so hosed right now. I downloaded it this morning and on a whim immediately did a Verify Integrity of Game Cache in Steam since some folks were reporting issues with it:

Just gonna wait a while for patches to fix this turd.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Is Scarecrow really that big of a menacing unflappable big bad mastermind in the comics or is this characterization new for him? I thought he was like this wimpy charlatan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

It's certainly playable and still looks good as long as you don't slow down and actually examine anything too closely, but this is a terrible port given Rocksteady's record and I expected a lot better.

Really? I remember every batman game running like absolute poo poo for no reason on release.

• Locked thread