Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
This has been making the rounds:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Generic Monk posted:

Really? I remember every batman game running like absolute poo poo for no reason on release.
Yeah DX11 support was pretty broken at launch for City.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

Is Scarecrow really that big of a menacing unflappable big bad mastermind in the comics or is this characterization new for him? I thought he was like this wimpy charlatan.

He is all over the place. He's presented as both a terrifying monster capable of devastating a city and a dork who can get oneshot.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Star War Sex Parrot posted:

Yeah DX11 support was pretty broken at launch for City.

Though tbf I don't remember them locking the framerate for no reason in the previous games. Not that a framerate higher than 30 was achievable in city on release.

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Hey,I'm one of the folks who got the digital preorder for the PS4,and the Harley DLC isn't showing up (as in,the "Arkham Episodes" tab is greyed out) even though the PS4 says it's installed. Is there something wrong with the PS4 or the game? Or do I have to use these code vouchers my friend randomly gave me?

VolticSurge fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jun 23, 2015

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
goddamn, I was wondering why the previews for this game looked so much faster than when I was playing it.

Then I got the new Batsuit, holy poo poo

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

CharlestonJew posted:

goddamn, I was wondering why the previews for this game looked so much faster than when I was playing it.

Then I got the new Batsuit, holy poo poo

I like how one of the features in the new Batsuit is "it can shoot you like a railgun when you leave your car." That's a feature, not a bug, Mr Wayne, I swear. Totally intentional.

It must be nice to be Lucius Fox and you can do absurd things and Bruce Wayne is just like "haha, loving awesome, let's do it."

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Got into the game, got to the batmobile.

It runs fine, totally playable. No studders.

The benchmark was deceptive.

I'm not saying its not a broken port, but its running fine for me. I was one of those odd people that had no problem running AC:Unity, so IDK. :shrug:

I've got another 100 hours of Witcher 3 to burn through before I touch this. That's my pointless and irrelevant input.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Generic Monk posted:

Really? I remember every batman game running like absolute poo poo for no reason on release.

Other games have had problems on release, but as far as performance goes they've never given me a problem. Arkham City ran on GFWL for years until they got rid of it, but all the DX11 stuff worked fine for me and the game run at a smooth framerate. Origins had gamebreaking bugs that would see you trapped in rooms with no way to progress, but ran even better than Arkham City I thought. That was one of the Nvidia showcase games as well since it had new snow and cape effects that weren't in City, but they managed to make it work.

Arkham Knight requires you to turn down the settings to the point that it looks worse than Arkham Origins, then runs like poo poo anyway. Maybe there are other bugs in the game but I haven't played far enough to find any.

NoEyedSquareGuy fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Jun 23, 2015

Commissar Of Doom
Apr 21, 2009
Don't wanna spoil anything for myself too much so I'll just ask this simple yes or no question... is there any Dark Knight Trilogy stuff I can unlock in this game like in Origins?

I mean that just had a black version of the game's suit, but still, I loved playing the Hans Zimmer score while pulping the faces of criminals in that outfit.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

if the pc version gets mod which turns all thugs into orcs I'll forgive the port issues

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice
i5-2500k, gtx 980, 8gb ram
All settings enabled with highest setting:

Only fog disabled:

Fog seems to be like hairworks in that it completely destroys performance with extreme frame dives everywhere fog appears. I guess I can live playing it without the fog but I'm working so I can't verify it fixes all the issues I saw this morning. Without fog enabled there were no noticeable frame dives at all on the benchmark. The 34 is the initial load however if there was a chart provided that showed the FPS count fog would've been all over the place while the second test was fairly consistent at 59/60 FPS.

Oh well, I can live without super special fog but that's pretty sad on a GTX 980.

Edit: HAHAHA the benchmark is completely loving useless. Driving for 10 seconds blowing up cars by running over them gives me a constant 40-50FPS with stuttering everywhere. This game is poo poo.

flyboi fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jun 23, 2015

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

NoEyedSquareGuy posted:

Other games have had problems on release, but as far as performance goes they've never given me a problem. Arkham City ran on GFWL for years until they got rid of it, but all the DX11 stuff worked fine and the game run at a smooth framerate. Origins had gamebreaking bugs that would see you trapped in rooms with no way to progress, but ran even better than Arkham City I thought. That was one of the Nvidia showcase games as well since it had new snow and cape effects that weren't in City, but they managed to make it work.

Arkham Knight requires you to turn down the settings to the point that it looks worse than Arkham Origins, then runs like poo poo anyway. Maybe there are other bugs in the game but I haven't played far enough to find any.

I remember City running like poo poo with the DX11 stuff being essentially a write-off until they patched it. Never played origins despite getting it cheap because of some bug causing the camera to be literally uncontrollable. I very much doubt though that this game could be made to look worse than origins, which from watching gameplay seems to be a 20hr long flat grey box

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

I like how one of the features in the new Batsuit is "it can shoot you like a railgun when you leave your car." That's a feature, not a bug, Mr Wayne, I swear. Totally intentional.

It must be nice to be Lucius Fox and you can do absurd things and Bruce Wayne is just like "haha, loving awesome, let's do it."

I was looking at the videos for the ejector seat upgrades and at the highest rank I'm pretty sure Batman would realistically poo poo his pants and black out if he rocketed out of his car at that speed.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

net cafe scandal posted:

I was looking at the videos for the ejector seat upgrades and at the highest rank I'm pretty sure Batman would realistically poo poo his pants and black out if he rocketed out of his car at that speed.

not to mention the batmobile accelerates and brakes all on its own at something like 9 g's

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

net cafe scandal posted:

His cowl has cranial velocity dampening something something vibranium waynetech analogue.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

flyboi posted:

Fog seems to be like hairworks in that it completely destroys performance with extreme frame dives everywhere fog appears. I guess I can live playing it without the fog but I'm working so I can't verify it fixes all the issues I saw this morning. Without fog enabled there were no noticeable frame dives at all on the benchmark. The 34 is the initial load however if there was a chart provided that showed the FPS count fog would've been all over the place while the second test was fairly consistent at 59/60 FPS.

does the fog actually look decent as opposed to the weird floaty untextured hairworks stuff

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

His cowl has cranial velocity dampening something something vibranium waynetech analogue.

Actually he just has a diaper OP

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

No Mods No Masters posted:

Actually he just has a diaper OP

It's an Nth metal diaper, thank you.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
you can just throw explosive gel on dudes now hahaha

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Generic Monk posted:

does the fog actually look decent as opposed to the weird floaty untextured hairworks stuff

From what I saw in the benchmark it looked pretty cool and added to the environment but with the fps hit it was really bad. In part of the benchmark segment the batmobile drives up and does a burnout. The burnout caused such a bad frame dive that I don't think it even got above 50 until the fog had dissipated from the screen.

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

flyboi posted:

From what I saw in the benchmark it looked pretty cool and added to the environment but with the fps hit it was really bad. In part of the benchmark segment the batmobile drives up and does a burnout. The burnout caused such a bad frame dive that I don't think it even got above 50 until the fog had dissipated from the screen.

50fps seems decent :confused:

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

It would be awesome if the fully upgraded ejector seat launched you into a ragdoll travelling 400mph, and when your body gets loving shredded by the glass facade of an office building, the game over screen was Lucius Fox laughing and calling you a retard.

mrfishstick
Oct 15, 2005
Don't bother with trying to verify cache integrity on steam. As far as I can tell all it does is instantly invalidate and delete the game's entire install, forcing you to redownload the entire thing. It will keep doing this in a loop every single time you try to verify the install.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

ImpAtom posted:

After playing with the Batmobile for a while i really think i'm starting to get what they meant by it being a part of your suit. It's akin to pushing a button and having wheels sprout from your arms or something.

I'm also digging just how much content there is in the game. The sheer number of upgrades (not locked behind poorly thought out challenges) and activities is pretty cool and I've not even touched any Riddler trophy equivalent stuff yet.

Also the story is a lot more compelling than the previous ones. I'm at the point where I'm trying to rescue Oracle and then Riddler reveals he's got Catwoman and want's me to dance to his song to stop him from killing her and i'm kinda torn as to which plot point to pursue first.

Like i know there aren't multiple consequences or whatever but the story has made me feel like i should really prioritize one over the other.

Oh and, everyone should explore the GCPD when they get there at the beginning. I found 2 semi hidden interactive things. One in the evidence room and another in the cells on your way out :D There's also a Jack Ryder thing but that's not really hidden.

Kin fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jun 23, 2015

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
How the gently caress could I play Origins on launch day with no issue and I've had to download this poo poo like twice

flyboi
Oct 13, 2005

agg stop posting
College Slice

Generic Monk posted:

50fps seems decent :confused:

It's an average, not reflective of the overall picture. Is there an application you can run that does one of those running graphs to show actual output I can use?

While 50FPS constant would be great you have to realize that say you have overall 55 consistent FPS with multiple drops to 30 causing stuttering in the on-screen image. Even though the average could be 50 you're still not seeing the annoying jitter caused by the frame drops.

Edit: I know MSI Afterburner can do this but for some reason it gets disabled if you enable gameworks and doesn't work.

flyboi fucked around with this message at 18:36 on Jun 23, 2015

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly
Hopping in the batmobile and peacing out in the middle of a fight will never not be funny to me

hellfaucet
Apr 7, 2009

So I was going to purchase this tonight when I got home from work. Looks like I should wait a couple weeks for them to fix this poo poo and just keep playing GTA V?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
So apparently my "install" problem is actually a forced countdown timer lock to prevent people from breaking release date that got hosed from installing the update patch BEFORE starting the game up.
A fix is to uninstall the game completely, then reinstall it and do the in-game install before the update patch, but the way my internet works I think redownloading the patch would take longer than just waiting for the remaining five hours to beat the countdown.
What the gently caress is this bullshit Rocksteady.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013
Well, had to stop playing for a couple hours to let the patch download. Ran into a problem where I have to yank the weight of an elevator, and every time I start the game crashes.

PS4, by the way.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

hellfaucet posted:

So I was going to purchase this tonight when I got home from work. Looks like I should wait a couple weeks for them to fix this poo poo and just keep playing GTA V?

Or 6 months and get it with the DLC for 20 bucks

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
my only complaint so far seems to be that fighting random dudes on the street doesnt give you experience anymore.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Generic Monk posted:

I remember City running like poo poo with the DX11 stuff being essentially a write-off until they patched it. Never played origins despite getting it cheap because of some bug causing the camera to be literally uncontrollable. I very much doubt though that this game could be made to look worse than origins, which from watching gameplay seems to be a 20hr long flat grey box

I might be remembering wrong with City since I think I played it without the DX11 stuff first and then again later once they had patched it. As for Origins the whole game looked kind of dreary, but that was a matter of art design rather than the actual game engine. Even with the snow effects and cloth effects it ran well once you tweaked the graphics a bit. Arkham Knight seems to have way more problematic launch issues that I don't see getting worked out for a while. Considering getting a refund unless they at least make an announcement more reassuring than the one they already posted, and this is pretty much the only game I've been waiting for the entire year.

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Shumagorath posted:

Can someone who owns this on PC please post a review to the effect of "Runs great on SteamOS! 10/10!" and post screenshots of their hatemail?

Supposedly the FPS lock can be upped via .ini files? After 60fps Dark Souls turning ladders into deathtraps I don't see that being an option. Who'd they outsource the PC port to? Surely not Nixxes.

Mac and Linux versions aren't even out until the fall. Not that I'd expect the kind people that'd send hatemail to that kind of trolling would be aware of facts.

republic
Aug 15, 2004

FUN FOR THE FUN GOD
FRIENDS FOR THE FRIENDSHIP THRONE

mrfishstick posted:

Don't bother with trying to verify cache integrity on steam. As far as I can tell all it does is instantly invalidate and delete the game's entire install, forcing you to redownload the entire thing. It will keep doing this in a loop every single time you try to verify the install.

Echoing this, as I wait to complete my full download again.

Dishwasher
Dec 5, 2006

Congratulations on not getting fit in 2011!
The dungeon (that's what I'll call it here) at the chemical plan really slows things down to a crawl. All to shoehorn in some Batmobile use. If this continues, I can kinda see where that Gamespot review was coming from.

I just want to Zip-Bang-Pow in my Adam West suit. But these crane and winch puzzles are fun too, I suppose. Maybe. :sigh:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Man, I thought my PC would hold up for at least another year or two based on Shadow of Mordor, but if this game is anything to go by I guess I need to upgrade now. It's borderline unplayable for me even on the lowest settings.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

raditts posted:

Man, I thought my PC would hold up for at least another year or two based on Shadow of Mordor, but if this game is anything to go by I guess I need to upgrade now. It's borderline unplayable for me even on the lowest settings.

It sounds like a bad port. I wouldn't make assumptions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

raditts posted:

It's not you.

• Locked thread