Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

LordHippoman posted:

Any tips for Garula with only thieves? I have all my party members equipped with Mythril Knives and the best armor I could buy, but I just can't whittle his HP down in time before he starts Rush'ing me to death. I'm at Level 14, do I just need to grind for a while?

99 Potions, have everyone in the back row and only have one person attack. It will take forever but once he starts countering you, if you try to rush him down you will get annihilated. Basically the same strategy as white Mage but you don't get protect, cure, the flail or the heal staff. So much more of a pain.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordKaiok
Jan 19, 2006
Ruler of Okaria
http://imgur.com/m3wyPE7

Well, there goes NED. Going to take a break for an hour or so before I begin my #750 run, good times!

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Everhate's four Berserkers just beat Necrophobe.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.

Kyrosiris posted:

:aaaaa:

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?
That... almost seems harder than NED as necrophobe kinda starts out in "panic mode" what with getting 4x end-game spell casts per turn and having five targets for the zerkers (one of which takes no damage). I look forward to hearing of his victory soon!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Kyrosiris posted:

:black101:

What level is he?

Honestly, if he's strong enough, he can probably oneshot barriers, so it's not that bad I think?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

Wow, 13 after two days. Meanwhile I'm in the Steamship because work's been dragging me down. Time to remedy that after I update Zerky!'s adventures.

Tybolt
Jul 27, 2014

Because missing 16 times in a row isn't detrimental to progress at all.

Samuel Clemens
Oct 4, 2013

I think we should call the Avengers.

CapitalistPig posted:

I'm seeing everyone saying bard is good but I'm having some troubles as mine is somewhat useless, I'm in the Ronkan ruins right now my team is Zerk/RedMage/Zerk/Bard

The Zerks are strong enough for now and hit hard with their death sickles, My RM has pretty much been acting as a white mage for the most part keeping me alive I have romeo's ballad, alluring air, and mighty march and have played all world 1 Pianos.

Any suggestions on my bard pulling a little more weight?

Everything in the Ronka Ruins (and almost everything in the entire game) is vulnerable to Stop. Once you have Romeo's Ballad, you never need to heal again outside of boss fights because nothing will ever be able to attack you.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Supremezero posted:

What level is he?

Honestly, if he's strong enough, he can probably oneshot barriers, so it's not that bad I think?

Looked like 65 from the glimpse of his menu screen just now.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Supremezero posted:

What level is he?

Level 65. He was doing about 3k damage with Thor's Hammer, 5.5k with Sword Dances, and around 2k with the Thief's Knife/Assassin's Dagger.

e: :siren: THE CHOSEN ONE HAS BEGAN NEO-EXDEATH ATTEMPTS :siren:

http://www.twitch.tv/everhate/

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.

Ugato posted:

99 Potions, have everyone in the back row and only have one person attack. It will take forever but once he starts countering you, if you try to rush him down you will get annihilated. Basically the same strategy as white Mage but you don't get protect, cure, the flail or the heal staff. So much more of a pain.

Thanks, worked out perfectly. Have Time Mage now and onto the next crystal :toot:.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Kyrosiris posted:

Level 65. He was doing about 3k damage with Thor's Hammer, 5.5k with Sword Dances, and around 2k with the Thief's Knife/Assassin's Dagger.

e: :siren: THE CHOSEN ONE HAS BEGAN NEO-EXDEATH ATTEMPTS :siren:

http://www.twitch.tv/everhate/

That's not too horrible. 3HKOs.

Neo's a whole other beast, though...

drat, I wanted Minizerker to clutch the win, simply because Minizerker is amazing by definition.

Supremezero fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jun 23, 2015

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Oh boy, I forgot how fun the World 2 crystals can be without Blue Mage. Been a while.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012

quote:

@Ilyich_SA can now use the Fire Job 'Ninja'. Throw away every single weapon!

Yes, :getin:. I got a Flame Scroll from Liquid Flame too, so that will be good for Byblos.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy
I'm about to hit up World 3 but I noticed I missed ton of poo poo (angel rings / fire rings / reflect rings). I have a feeling I missed some other stuff, too. I did manage to get my Death Sickles, Hayate & Killer Bow, and Heal Staff, but missed the Rune Sword.

Any tips for a Red Mage / Ranger / 2x Berserker party? Especially for gear/skill combinations when it comes to World 3.

Mayor McCheese fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jun 23, 2015

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Mayor McCheese posted:

I'm about to hit up World 3 but I noticed I missed ton of poo poo (angel rings / fire rings / reflect rings). I have a feeling I missed some other stuff, too. I did manage to get my Death Sickles, Hayate & Killer Bow, and Heal Staff, but missed the Rune Sword.

Any tips for a Red Mage / Ranger / 2x Berserker party? Especially for gear/skill combinations when it comes to World 3.

!Red on one Berserker (give them the Rune Axe), Equip Bows on the other (give them Yoichi's Bow or an Artemis Bow). Ranger with Dual Wield and the Chicken Knife, Red Mage with whatever, ideally Dualcast but I can understand if you don't want to grind it.

Make sure you get the Mirage Vest by doing the circumnavigation, and consider stealing a second from the imp assholes in Solitary Island Shrine.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
Ahahahaha that Delta Attack kill at the end.

Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Kyrosiris posted:

!Red on one Berserker (give them the Rune Axe), Equip Bows on the other (give them Yoichi's Bow or an Artemis Bow). Ranger with Dual Wield and the Chicken Knife, Red Mage with whatever, ideally Dualcast but I can understand if you don't want to grind it.

Make sure you get the Mirage Vest by doing the circumnavigation, and consider stealing a second from the imp assholes in Solitary Island Shrine.

Perfect, thanks!

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

My first FFV playthrough is going alright. Starting with WHM was a grind getting level 12 so I could survive Magissa's Drain (I wish I knew I could silence...), and having 3 berserkers on Liquid Flame meant I had to hope they missed sometimes. Now I get a beastmaster and it's time to push onward.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Just so I'm making sure I'm doing this right, the mini dragons give you the most exp in all of world 1 correct? I have 4 flame rings as well.

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE
Still nothing for a Fire job.

I tweeted last night and I've gotten nothing, even on my player page.

Has anyone had issues with getting a new job while their donation for a different class was pending?

EDIT: This is punishment for the hubris of starting with Knight and donating for Mystic Knight, isn't it? :negative: I flew too close to the sun, and Gilgabot is displeased.

Double May Care
Mar 28, 2012

We need Dragon-type Pokemon to help us prepare our food before we cook it. We're not sure why!

Oh boy, White Mage run is go. What a way to start a game I've never played.

Ikwaylx
Aug 19, 2011

Drop the bandibass!

FFV is one of my favourites, and I've been wanting to replay it for some time. Doing a natural run and so far gotten by with the thief and Red Mage, which isn't too shabby. So far the run is going smooth but I'm sure gilgabot will find a way to completely ruin my team yet. :ohdear:

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Rather Watch Them posted:

Oh boy, White Mage run is go. What a way to start a game I've never played.

That's my situation too. Grind out level 12 after you get out of the shipwrecks and you should be fine until water. Garula is a slog though.

Edward_Tohr
Aug 11, 2012

In lieu of meaningful text, I'm just going to mention I've been exploding all day and now it hurts to breathe, so I'm sure you all understand.
Ugh. How is it even possible to kill Omega, but then go and lose to loving Apanda? :negative:

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

The fight with Titan was a little close.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012

nuru posted:

That's my situation too. Grind out level 12 after you get out of the shipwrecks and you should be fine until water. Garula is a slog though.

There's no need to grind to level 12 to beat Garula with 4 White Mages.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

for garula after he starts countering stuff only the dude with the flail should be attacking. put protect on everyone and heal when you need to. easy peasy

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Maleketh posted:

The fight with Titan was a little close.

Just who do you think you are? eLmaGus?

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

Unfortunately I missed the fadeout from Omega but whatever. I beat him anyway.

Lilli
Feb 21, 2011

Goodbye, my child.

Run #3 trip report: Blue Mage and Time Mage are both very, very good.

Renzuko
Oct 10, 2012

wellp!

blackmage/berzerker/bard/chemist.

I feel real bad for this being my first run ever and getting what i guess is a super broken team.

Timmy Horsey
Dec 13, 2012

Supremezero posted:

You'd be thoroughly set with a good healer, but you don't really need it much.

Welp. Good thing I got White Mage for my Earth crystal job. :v:
Typical Tank/Damage/Support/Healer team is go.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Timmy Horsey posted:

Knight/Mystic/Bard/White Mage? You'd better get a three-boss-kill with that!

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Timmy Horsey posted:

That is ridiculous.

You got White Mage, the class that sucks to start with, after the start.

What the hell.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

Ilyich posted:

There's no need to grind to level 12 to beat Garula with 4 White Mages.

12 makes it so you can completely ignore drain on Magissa. We don't all know every trigger of every ability on every boss :(

5-Headed Snake God
Jun 12, 2008

Do you see how he's a cat?

nuru posted:

12 makes it so you can completely ignore drain on Magissa. We don't all know every trigger of every ability on every boss :(

But white mages can Silence Magissa.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

I'm still getting used to abilities actually working on bosses. Bear with me here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
Well, Ifrit and Byblos went down way too easily, despite Ifrit getting a back attack.

Ifrit couldn't out-damage 3 people capable of using Cura and was a simple matter of waiting for Galuf (My Berserker) to finish him off. Byblos fell to 2 Flame Scrolls (Ninja Bartz with White Lvl.3 got almost 1,600 damage per scroll) and several physicals.

Since I'm about to get the Black Chocobo, is there anything I should get before progressing the plot? I've got White Mage, Berserker and Ninja for my 3 jobs.

• Locked thread