Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Jagchosis posted:

he's obviously very privileged especially relative to most other immigrants but i don't see why that's cause to smugly worship at the altar of our terrible immigration system because you don't like ivy league. also lol if you think that someone that went to yale and columbia has any money left, just ask warsz who went to the same 2 schools

Who's worshipping our immigration system? It sucks, but he's a terrible figurehead for how it's broken.

48=24x3

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

IT'S GARBAGE DAY AT WENDY'S FUCK YEAH WE EATIN GOOD TONIGHT

boxcarhobo posted:

i liked gurren lagan a whole lot but i tapped out on kill la kill real quick because that poo poo was way too rapey and hosed up

flcl and panty and stocking are real good

madoka is a show about lolis with guns i guess if that's your thing

i got like 8 episodes into kill la kill before deciding i didnt really like it and was just costing on gurren lagan nostalgia

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

LorrdErnie posted:

If you feel that your time and energy can genuinely be better spent on something other than your current job, too bad; you will stick to this suboptimal work anyway, just because the risk of leaping to something else is too great. If you feel a desperate need to take time off to recharge your batteries, then don't expect to be able to come back. If your employer does something that truly troubles you, your American colleagues may resign on principle, New Republic style, but you have not the luxury of principles

this poo poo applies to basically everyone in america

our immigration system is hosed tho

atelier morgan
Mar 11, 2003

super-scientific, ultra-gay

Lipstick Apathy
if you were able to watch legend of galactic heroes then you'll be able to watch monster without getting bored and it's quite good

kustomkarkommando
Oct 22, 2012

paranoid randroid posted:

dude got a face like he just had a moment of perfect self-knowledge and didnt like what he saw

please do not belittle my religious beliefs

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

boxcarhobo posted:

madoka is a show about lolis with guns i guess if that's your thing

it's a bit more than that

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

ReidRansom posted:

there's too many beings here being worshipped. everyone just worship me instead and i'll channel it to the proper places.

hmmmm.... this does sound more efficient in a lot of ways

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

kustomkarkommando posted:

please do not belittle my religious beliefs

how long you gotta let that thing soak in water before it turns into a real deity lmao

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?
who is the pope of dadchat

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

when listing animes i liked i forgot to mention dragonball

i also watched all of prince of tennis but i dont think i liked it

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

The Highest Judge of Paradise
Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Who's worshipping our immigration system? It sucks, but he's a terrible figurehead for how it's broken.

48=24x3

Since when does writing an editorial make you a figurehead?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Disinterested posted:

Pope UnHilarius

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

LorrdErnie posted:

this poo poo applies to basically everyone in america

our immigration system is hosed tho

that poo poo applies to basically most immigrants everywhere. our immigration system may be hosed, but requiring some assurance of an income isn't unique to us or especially terrible

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

Disinterested posted:

who do you turn to for spiritual nourishment

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

LorrdErnie posted:

you might like jojo's bizarre adventure which is just a series of increasingly strange fight scenes between absurdly buff men with vast homoerotic undertones

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

LorrdErnie posted:

this is revisionist id just become a daily pot smoker and enjoyed it at the time i just dont think id like it now

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Berke Negri posted:

Jack Daniels

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
if elected pope i promise to implement two-for-one indulgences

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Gravel Gravy posted:

Jack Daniels

, that posts here

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

Jagchosis posted:

you might like jojo's bizarre adventure which is just a series of increasingly strange fight scenes between absurdly buff men with vast homoerotic undertones

sounds like my jam

i have actually nearly started jojo several times but it has never happened for some reason

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

Disinterested posted:

me!!!

i even have the appropriate av

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Kill me

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

LorrdErnie posted:

If you feel that your time and energy can genuinely be better spent on something other than your current job, too bad; you will stick to this suboptimal work anyway, just because the risk of leaping to something else is too great. If you feel a desperate need to take time off to recharge your batteries, then don't expect to be able to come back. If your employer does something that truly troubles you, your American colleagues may resign on principle, New Republic style, but you have not the luxury of principles

he supposedly worked for high profile law firms for about a decade, so that makes his whole "they wouldnt sponsor me waahh" argument a lot tougher to swallow. The dude had options to sidestep without making some ridiculous charity leap, he likely had the income to offset the cost of his own green card application expense he could have found a company willing to sponsor him and hire him if he made concessions to make it happen.

The immigration system is hosed, but that dude had every opportunity to be his own advocate, sounds to me like he thought he was so important that there's no way things wouldn't work out for him so he kept things on cruise control and was shocked when the world didn't bend over backwards for him and made a desperate and risky move that could have been avoided.

Also, if he was doing legal work for fortune 500 companies he likely had enough income to just buy his way to legal citizenship. Its not a game about playing the rules, its about exploiting any advantage you have to get your green card. Dude refused to play, now he leaves.

The ideology eater
Oct 20, 2010

you are going to be alright dude

sorry poo poo is so hard right now

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

LorrdErnie posted:

if i had literally no life, i think i would try to watch all of one piece, just to say i did.

Disinterested
Jun 29, 2011

You look like you're still raking it in. Still killing 'em?

Berke Negri posted:

your av

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

LorrdErnie posted:

this is revisionist id just become a daily pot smoker and enjoyed it at the time i just dont think id like it now

watch it, watch it now

because it is the best

boxcarhobo
Jun 23, 2005

ReidRansom posted:

if i had literally no life, i think i would try to watch all of one piece, just to say i did.

I've read it all ;~;

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

LorrdErnie posted:

you are going to be alright dude

Incorrect

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

ReidRansom posted:

there's too many beings here being worshipped. everyone just worship me instead and i'll channel it to the proper places.

i can only worship inanimate objects, sorry

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao
Mao Mao

Spaceman Future! posted:

he supposedly worked for high profile law firms for about a decade, so that makes his whole "they wouldnt sponsor me waahh" argument a lot tougher to swallow. The dude had options to sidestep without making some ridiculous charity leap, he likely had the income to offset the cost of his own green card application expense he could have found a company willing to sponsor him and hire him if he made concessions to make it happen.

The immigration system is hosed, but that dude had every opportunity to be his own advocate, sounds to me like he thought he was so important that there's no way things wouldn't work out for him so he kept things on cruise control and was shocked when the world didn't bend over backwards for him and made a desperate and risky move that could have been avoided.

Also, if he was doing legal work for fortune 500 companies he likely had enough income to just buy his way to legal citizenship. Its not a game about playing the rules, its about exploiting any advantage you have to get your green card. Dude refused to play, now he leaves.

I don't think it is just as easy to buy your way to citizenship unless you're talking the property work around

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

boxcarhobo posted:

I've read it all ;~;

That's not nearly as time consuming as watching it also the manga is way doper

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Berke Negri posted:

, that posts here

Well poo poo.

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

Berke Negri posted:

I don't think it is just as easy to buy your way to citizenship unless you're talking the property work around

with his income levels yeah, you have the options of a property work around, or a short term marriage of convenience.

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

honestly sun worship is likely the most logical religious system if you think about it

Gin and Juche
Apr 3, 2008

Shiki Eiki
YAMAXANADU

Geriatric Pirate is still probated

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

sudo rm -rf posted:

honestly sun worship is likely the most logical religious system if you think about it

agreed, hail sol invictus

Spaceman Future!
Feb 9, 2007

sudo rm -rf posted:

how would it be more logical than earth worship?

sudo rm -rf
Aug 2, 2011

$ mv fullcommunism.sh
/america
$ cd /america
$ ./fullcommunism.sh

i also allow earth worship

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

It's gonna be fine. Trust me. I've been where you are.

• Locked thread