Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

I have those rain textures on the PC version, its probably hidden in one of the Gameworks options cause I have it running with everything on/maxed.

Soon as I figured out I had to turn off the DS4 Wrapper and connect it with a cable instead of bluetooth to get my dual shock to work everything has been smooth sailing since (granted that took about forever to fix).

edit: Okay I went back and checked, I only get the rain textures on the cape and only when I'm gliding

Jarmak fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Jun 23, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Thankfully I have other stuff to play right now while waiting for them to hopefully fix the PC issues, what with the 12x experience boost on The Old Republic and reinstalling Fallout 2 after the E3 hype.

But no doubt, I'd be pretty upset with this product if it didn't come free along with Witcher 3 when I upgraded my video card.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Spikeguy posted:

Just saw this little snippet from Polygon on Metacritic.
"After Arkham Knight, Batman has been perfected — and the end result is the best game of this console generation."
Seems a bit early to be calling that.

Dude likes Batman the best of any game on PS4 or Bone. It doesn't mean it will always be his favorite.

iuvian
Dec 27, 2003
darwin'd

redbackground posted:

No Ambient Occlusion for the PC port. (look underneath the coffee cup, f.e.)

Somebody hosed up real bad.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

I don't know how a game ideally utilizes the GPU, but does this GPU Usage look right?

Running around Novigrad in Witcher 3 (dip due to entering menu):

Gliding and running around the opening area of Arkham Knight:

JFC
Oct 16, 2003

Jesus F Christ
Finger Lickin' God
Hey, where are my Steam badges and cards?

fish fingers
Jun 25, 2008
This game is fun

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I played a little during my lunch break. Turning off the paper and fog helped my performance a bunch. I played around with the Batmobile for a bit and I thought it felt pretty good. We'll see if it wears out its welcome later.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I just got to the first "big twist" and it loving rules

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!
Anyone else unable to use the CTRL key for moves in the game? I can't dive while gliding or slide unless I use my 360 gamepad.

TheJoker138 posted:

He's the one piece of casting I really hate. Well, him and Tara Strong's version of Harley Quinn. They should have just gotten the guy from TAS, unless he's dead or something. Speaking of Strong, has there ever been any confirmation on why Arleen Sorkin stopped doing the voice after the first game? I remember hearing rumors of money issues before City but never saw anything official on why she was replaced.
I thought Sorkin retired or at least got out of voice acting after Asylum. Strong was in the animated series with her and does a fine job so I'm not worried.

What the gently caress is up with replacing Gordon's voice actor with Jonathan Banks and giving Kimberly Brooks the boot in favour of the new girl for Oracle? The new voice actors just loving suck; they sound bored and have no emotion in any of their lines. I hate to be "that Goon" but their delivery feels so flat beside everyone else in the cast. At least John Noble is killing it as Scarecrow.

suddenlyissoon
Feb 17, 2002

Don't be sad that I am gone.
I really think they should have disclose when they outsource games like this. I would've ordered through Best Buy for PS4 and gotten my $10 extra credit instead of just getting the PC version.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

This does not make sense when, again, aggregate indicia also indicate improvements. The belief that things are worse is false. It remains false.

net cafe scandal posted:

Is Scarecrow really that big of a menacing unflappable big bad mastermind in the comics or is this characterization new for him? I thought he was like this wimpy charlatan.

The first time he encountered Batman in BTaS was one of the nastiest and tensest confrontations the two had- and he didn't even use fear gas.

edit: whoops, no that was clock king. Scarecrow is usually semicompetent in at least some of his depictions. This is a step up for him, but given his role, it's a natural position for him to occupy.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Jun 23, 2015

Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

Going home from work to see if it runs like garbage for me or not. Quick question: best way to check FPS during the game? Steam Overlay? NVIDIA GeForce Experience?

Also, I don't care how hard it is telegraphed but screw you guys on the previous page who spoiled the Arkham Knight's identity (unless it was just trolling). Not gonna not play it but come on, tag that so it's at least avoidable for others.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

How big is the map compared to Arkham City?

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
Holy poo poo, from what I'm seeing this PC version is worse than Origins was at launch?

Man, I think I'm just going to wait on a patch. They've acknowledged it, right?

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Officer Boulden is my favorite new character

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

This is going to sound SJW-ey, but I love how diverse the cops and civilians are. I've ran into asian dudes and hispanics and slightly nerdy female cops - this feels much more like a city than ever before.

Early game spoilers, but man walking around the clock tower was, for me, better fan service than the batcave in earlier games. Love birds of prey. Love that Barbara is more than a voice on the phone this time.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

PoshAlligator posted:

Holy poo poo, from what I'm seeing this PC version is worse than Origins was at launch?

Sefton tweeted something about working with Iron Galaxy to fix stuff, but it's not going to be anything but noncommittals until patches are actually uploaded.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

PoshAlligator posted:

They acknowledged it by blaming the company they used for the PC port, along with a vague statement about working with the company to fix it. No information about when a patch will come out to make the game actually functional, if at all.

PoshAlligator
Jan 9, 2012

When SEO just isn't enough.
As long as it doesn't take Unity-lengths of time to get patched I won't get too cut up about it. I knew in my stomach this would happen after Origins, and after nabbing a Steam key so cheap.

Origins took kind of while to patch though didn't it?

Grey Fox V2
Nov 14, 2008

Augmented Balls of Titanium!
For some reason they remapped takedowns to "ALT + 1" so now they're either really awkward or you have to remap it yourself.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Well I just rescued Barbara Gordon

:staredog:

:shepicide:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

This game is cursed.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Well I just rescued Barbara Gordon

:shepicide:

Yeah that was a thing.

BarkingSquirrel
Sep 12, 2008

by Smythe
Getting sick and loving tired of this bullshit rain that's almost impossible to see through. Also why the gently caress is it raining inside most of the buildings with nothing wrong with the roof?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

What kind of stupid fuckbucket decided to make the boxed PC version 5 discs, but spread only 7.5GB of the game's content across those discs? :psyduck:

I mean how the gently caress did they even do that? Was 25GB of the game not ready when this poo poo went to print, but they already had the discs allocated?

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Goddamn this is a fine game once you fiddle it into working (why the gently caress did they need to make it rain, though.)

Scarecrow is genuinely scary for the first time in years. The Riddler's officially sick of Batman's poo poo. Even the Arkham Knight is cool in his own way.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

The red hood dlc is short but sweet - really hoping they allow you to play as him in more than just a 20 minute mission.

Also, is aerial attack no longer a move? Ran into some shield guys in the harley quinn dlc and got my arse handed to me.

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!
Tried to run the benchmark with...not great results.

Very strange, it had been running well except for a crash on exit, which didn't worry me much. Let me validate the files, uh....says it's still running?

Memory leaks? Yeah, maybe a little. OK, now it's validating.

As we speak Steam is now re-downloading the entire g-d game.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Funky Valentine posted:

The Riddler's officially sick of Batman's poo poo.

Riddler is pants on head crazy in this game. Like, goddamn.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Panty Saluter posted:

As we speak Steam is now re-downloading the entire g-d game.
Yup, this happens to everybody who tries to validate.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

redbackground posted:

This game is cursed.

I think I might be a dumb because I'm not sure what the curse here is.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Flytrap posted:

No "I" in Knight.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Flytrap posted:

Let's just say there's some kind of Spinal Crisis.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Riddler is pants on head crazy in this game. Like, goddamn.

Changing him to look like Charlie Sheen instead of Neil Patrick Harris was a good decision.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
There's no time limit to rescue barbara and catwoman,right?

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

redbackground posted:

Yup, this happens to everybody who tries to validate.

This seems like a big thing to miss on any game's launch, but especially a halo title.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Wow, I have not had any kind of catastrophic issues with the PC version; the launch experience for me has been much more stable than Origins, and I'm using the same computer. I made sure to get the emergency patch AMD put out yesterday for my HD 7900, and I've only had a single hard lock in about 7 hours of play. With Origins, I was locking up much more frequently and having to also restart when I kept falling through the world.

I agree that it doesn't look as good as the PS4 version (based on the Giant Bomb video I watched), but it still looks really drat good with mostly mid-to-high settings.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
Oh cool, I was fighting a random group of thugs when all of a sudden one of them turned into Joker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Wait is there a standalone PC benchmark app or is the benchmark part of the game?

• Locked thread