Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

Feenix posted:

Wait is there a standalone PC benchmark app or is the benchmark part of the game?

There's definitely an in-game one. I can't recommend it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Panty Saluter posted:

There's definitely an in-game one. I can't recommend it.
It's broken anyway. It will show FPS over 30, but (if you don't muck with the .ini) the actual game will not go above that. It literally provides no useful information.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

redbackground posted:

Yup, this happens to everybody who tries to validate.

I have a theory that this happens because of the Denuvo protection, which supposedly rewrites files on the fly to obfuscate stuff. So suddenly the files aren't what Steam expects them to be anymore, and considers them broken. I got the game refunded though so I can't test the theory.

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Stolen from NeoGAF:

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
Looks like a small fix went through that may have fixed the validation issue. (acc. to that NeoGAF thread). Don't take my word for it, though.

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Levantine posted:

No "I" in Knight.

Oh, wow I am a dumb. I looked over it like a dozen times expecting it to be a type and still missed that.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Kurtofan posted:

There's no time limit to rescue barbara and catwoman,right?

There is not.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

ymgve posted:

I have a theory that this happens because of the Denuvo protection, which supposedly rewrites files on the fly to obfuscate stuff. So suddenly the files aren't what Steam expects them to be anymore, and considers them broken. I got the game refunded though so I can't test the theory.

It also eats up an unacceptable amount of system resources based on what people are saying on other sites, as well as potentially being the source of memory leaks that some users are experiencing. They also didn't indicate anywhere that the game uses Denuvo, with lots saying they wouldn't have purchased it in the first place if they had known.

Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Very glad I decided to wait and see how the PC port faired...something smelled rotten when GMG had keys for 40% off. Off to BB to get the PS4 version.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

So it very clearly sounds like the PC port of this game is an unacceptable mess. How is it on PS4? I skipped Origins and it's been long enough since City that I feel like I could go for some more Batman action.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Walrus Pete posted:

So it very clearly sounds like the PC port of this game is an unacceptable mess. How is it on PS4? I skipped Origins and it's been long enough since City that I feel like I could go for some more Batman action.
It seems fine so far, no glaring issues besides the Batmobile being kind of weird to drive

Hallowed
May 28, 2007

It's a pipe bomb!
When do I get the new bat suit!?

Flytrap
Apr 30, 2013

Hallowed posted:

The iron man one? Just play the story, it's like 3-4 missions in. Unless you're talking about some DLC thing or something.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Hallowed posted:

Before a predator segment. It's not too far into the game.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Riddler building all those tunnels in 7 months, I wish Metro would hire him to finish the drat Purple Line.

Gordon's voice actor, Jonathan Banks, has zero vocal range but that's a boon to the character he normally plays on TV: the ultra competent and emotionally controlled expert. Too bad Rocksteady didn't write Gordon that way in this game, he's severely miscast. Actors ain't always better than professional voice actors.

The Fool
Oct 16, 2003

Levantine posted:

No "I" in Knight.

The alignment on the left is hosed up.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I've only played through a couple of hours but it looks amazing and the level of detail is incredible. I don't like how it's cramming the Batmobile in and I hope that this is just early-game stuff where they're trying to make sure you're fully aware of it and what it can do - I far prefer brooding on rooftops, gliding through the air and listening to thug banter over scuttling about like a crab while trying to make sure blue lines don't become red lines.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Kurtofan posted:

There's no time limit to rescue barbara and catwoman,right?

That was actually the first thing I thought of when the decision to choose missions came up. Would've actually been sort of nice to see, but the game plays it super safe with just letting you go off and do whatever you feel like doing.

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

AngryBooch posted:

Riddler building all those tunnels in 7 months, I wish Metro would hire him to finish the drat Purple Line.

Gordon's voice actor, Jonathan Banks, has zero vocal range but that's a boon to the character he normally plays on TV: the ultra competent and emotionally controlled expert. Too bad Rocksteady didn't write Gordon that way in this game, he's severely miscast. Actors ain't always better than professional voice actors.

Game has Kevin Conroy, as batman... everything else is forgiven in my book.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

So massive spoiler...

The Joker that died in Arkham City was a perfected clone by Clayface. He's currently still alive and has also deduced Batman's secret identity. There are multiple scarecrows running around infecting everyone left right and centre.

Actually it's just fear toxin yo

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

evilmiera posted:

That was actually the first thing I thought of when the decision to choose missions came up. Would've actually been sort of nice to see, but the game plays it super safe with just letting you go off and do whatever you feel like doing.

cool, gonna hunt some riddler trophies then!

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!
I made the fps change in the .ini file and it seems to be running at pretty close to 60. I don't have an fps counter but it's very smooth. Still it doesn't look as good as I expected. I wonder if the missing features/textures are the culprit.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

AngryBooch posted:

Yeah, Michael Gough, David Kaye and Tom Kane did great work as Gordon in previous Arkham games, I really don't know why they decided they needed Banks of all people.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
My game just started running well today, maybe it was that patch mentioned a few posts ago. Constant acceptable fps, with all Nvidia things enabled, up from no fps with all options I tried. Now I can agree that this game is pretty fun.

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!
After doing the first of the Riddler driving sections about 50 times to get a time under 42 seconds I can tell the future ones are gonna make one of my blood vessels pop.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

How do I unlock those 3d animated character models.. Riddler poo poo?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Timby posted:

Yeah, Michael Gough, David Kaye and Tom Kane did great work as Gordon in previous Arkham games, I really don't know why they decided they needed Banks of all people.

Yeah his voice felt WAY off for this. I think maybe they wanted him to sound angry and sullen instead of confident in Bats due to spoilers, but it didn't work out. He's a great actor but he does not fit the role at all.

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

UP AND ADAM posted:

My game just started running well today, maybe it was that patch mentioned a few posts ago. Constant acceptable fps, with all Nvidia things enabled, up from no fps with all options I tried. Now I can agree that this game is pretty fun.

What's your video card?

ShineDog
May 21, 2007
It is inevitable!
Tons of little details in this game. The game calls back to a very minor action you can take in the first moments of the game an hour or two later.

If you don't shoot anyone as the cop the police watching him are amazed he held it together as well as he did, as opposed to if you shoot people they're horrified at what Scarecrow did to him

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

net cafe scandal posted:

How do I unlock those 3d animated character models.. Riddler poo poo?

riddler poo poo

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Gah!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Darke GBF posted:

What's your video card?

Edit: though now I'm getting mad bout the ambient occlusion

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Drove the batmobile almost 100 yards without rolling it. I'm the greatest.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ShineDog posted:

Tons of little details in this game. The game calls back to a very minor action you can take in the first moments of the game an hour or two later.

If you don't shoot anyone as the cop the police watching him are amazed he held it together as well as he did, as opposed to if you shoot people they're horrified at what Scarecrow did to him

I'm sorry I ruined your life, cop dude :smith:

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Saint Freak posted:

Drove the batmobile almost 100 yards without rolling it. I'm the greatest.

My experience with the Batmobile so far:
- Drive around the city zapping people "non-lethally" and crashing into things because the powerslide controls are weird
- Attempt to do the Batmobile-assist takedown in hand-to-hand combat and fail without understanding why it doesn't work
- Fail four times in a row to rocket off that ramp onto the roof in the very first Batmobile challenge
- Give up for the night because the game runs like rear end

Looks like it might be fun once I get a feel for the controls. It seemed about as fast a method of travel as flying as long as you don't crash into everything constantly.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

ShineDog posted:

Welp, restarting.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Goddamn game, jump scared me with (possibly) Manbat

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Oh and cool thing. When you get to Wayne Tower be sure to keep checking your answering machine. Not really a spoiler, just something awesome you should check out.

People who call you if you really wanna know.
Vicky Vale... Apologising for Jack Ryder loving up an interview
Some hot date... Wanting to hook up with some extra chicks
Lex Luthor (!!!)... Wanting to buyout the Applied Sciences Division
Kate Kane (!!!)... Saying he needs to be more social
Thomas Wayne... Wanting to talk to him about dressups
Martha Wayne... Laughing in his face

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.

CharlestonJew posted:

Oh cool, I was fighting a random group of thugs when all of a sudden one of them turned into Joker.

You can see stuff like that right around the start of the game. I had beat up a random bunch of thugs for the hell of it and turned around and there was a dude standing on a car doing nothing. He had a gas mask on and when I threw a batarang at him he vanished.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Not even playing this game, just watching a stream, but (huge spoiler, airship, srsly don't read if you care bout stuff) Babs shooting herself in the head is one hell of a moment. That legit effected me pretty hard.

• Locked thread