Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BogDew
Jun 14, 2006

E:\FILES>quickfli clown.fli

Paladinus posted:

My favourite is

PLEASE GIVE UP THESE
S
EATS FOR DISABLED PEOPLE
There used to be stickers on buses that were translucent with "Priority seating areas for people with disabilities". People started shaving off letters so you'd have "Priority eating areas" and then someone managed to spell out "Eat the pope with salt". And added a little halo above the figure on a walker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Trent posted:

I was a general manager at RadioShack for over 5 years. I cannot tell you how often people came in and insisted that they needed a dumb thing to stupid thing adapter that could not possibly do what they expected it to, and I always jokingly referred to a Cat5 to garden hose connection as one such possibility of a thing you could physically have, but that would not loving do anything. As such, I laughed my rear end off at this.

On the other hand, there are adapters that could potentially do serious damage, like CAT5 to 120V AC.

ColHannibal
Sep 17, 2007

m2pt5 posted:

On the other hand, there are adapters that could potentially do serious damage, like CAT5 to 120V AC.

I would think it would just instantly smoke the wimpy little wires in the Ethernet cable.

Desuwa
Jun 2, 2011

I'm telling my mommy. That pubbie doesn't do video games right!

Choco1980 posted:

I'm way too big of a loser, playing way too much minesweeper instead of you know, anything productive, so I can assure you that you're full of horseshit on this one, and there's far too many cases where I've been left completely guessing, as the numbers provide not enough information.

At some point I read that versions of minesweeper in vista and later cheated in your favour when there was no choice but to guess. I played enough minesweeper after reading that to satisfy myself it was true - only losing to mistakes rather than bad luck.

I can't find the articles I read and there's no mention of it on any wiki so it's possible I just got lucky and the article was wrong.

-Zydeco-
Nov 12, 2007

m2pt5 posted:

These type of connectors are made by maintience guys to intentionally kill systems dead.
Chasing some incredibly elusive issue that comes and goes but its not bad enough to get authorization for a replacement? Pop one of those in and wow wouldn't you know it, it just wont turn on now! Better go order a new one!

E: A collection of Etherkillers. http://www.fiftythree.org/etherkiller/

E2: " T-1 down and telco says its not their equipment that's at fault? Take matters into your own hands and assure them it's their problem. "

-Zydeco- has a new favorite as of 01:51 on Jun 23, 2015

Jxforema
Sep 23, 2005
long live the Space Pope

m2pt5 posted:

Wasn't there a thread a few years ago about how a guy got sick of his neighbor stealing his cable, so he made a coax version of this, plugged it into the guys house and ended up causing a fire?

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

UNIDENTIFIED SPECIAL NEEDS CHILD

Flaccid Trip
Apr 29, 2008

Robert E. Lee posted:

Wasn't there a thread a few years ago about how a guy got sick of his neighbor stealing his cable, so he made a coax version of this, plugged it into the guys house and ended up causing a fire?

The saga of Segakiller, Atarkiller, and Son of Atarikiller.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

same

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

WebDog posted:

There used to be stickers on buses that were translucent with "Priority seating areas for people with disabilities". People started shaving off letters so you'd have "Priority eating areas" and then someone managed to spell out "Eat the pope with salt". And added a little halo above the figure on a walker.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

m2pt5 posted:

Power Over Ethernet

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

The coincidental fire across the street (GUYS THAT WASN'T MY FAULT) and the surprise ending always slay me.

Yo, I've got the entire thread printed out in a binder. Your goon buddies ratted you out early on, and I've been watching this since the beginning. What you did was reckless and stupid, you could've loving killed someone you moron :allears:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Man why isn't that in the goldmine.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Pyro Fox
Aug 22, 2013

Has anyone really been far as decided to use even go want to do look more like?

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

I tweeted this to Jeremy Clarkson and didn't get internet famous :(

A3th3r
Jul 27, 2013

success is a dream & achievements are the cream

I'm just here so I don't get fined!

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style

A3th3r posted:

I'm just here so I don't get fined!

You could just keep going with this.

END OF AN ERROR
May 16, 2003

IT'S LEGO, not Legos. Heh

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

You could just keep going with this.

Yah but don't

Nastyman
Jul 11, 2007

There they sit
at the foot of the mountain
Taking hits
of the sacred smoke
Fire rips at their lungs
Holy mountain take us away

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

You could just go to the meme thread with this.

Read Snigfut
Feb 19, 2013

Mostly harmless.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Haha goddamn. America is even bigger than north america.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

I love robot fail gifs.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

dreesemonkey posted:

I misread it as "The moron way to clean" and thought it was perfect.

Fat Loser
May 27, 2004

Bored posted:

I love robot fail gifs.

I'd like to think that there is a constant doorbell chime ringing while it trundles through the door.

That, or a hefty "OH YEAH!".

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Alain Perdrix
Dec 19, 2007

Howdy!

Bored posted:

I love robot fail gifs.

We've learned nothing from Charlie Chaplin's experiences.

King Kambrook
Feb 14, 2012

From last page, but I can't believe nobody posted this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSAWRdvVCgc

And for content:

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

dreesemonkey posted:

Back at my old workshop I made it my mission to turn every bottle of glass cleaner into rear end cleaner. Very amusing imo

Chrpno
Apr 17, 2006

(too obscure?)

rydiafan
Mar 17, 2009

Bored posted:

I love robot fail gifs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A6CPyIa2K2g

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Bored posted:

I love robot fail gifs.

There's something so reassuring that robots are as bad at their jobs as I am.

Also that first one is fantastic because they programmed in the head bob. It looks like a 3 year old at his first soccer match, constantly looking at his parents to see if yes, he should kick the ball.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Chrpno posted:

(too obscure?)

I get it!

(First Blackadder wasn't very good, though) :colbert:

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

dreesemonkey posted:

No modifications required:

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

WarpedNaba posted:

I get it!

(First Blackadder wasn't very good, though) :colbert:

First Blackadder was very bad but the following seasons (series?) were spectacular.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Oh, I'm not denying that. Blackadder IV marathons should be mandatory on ANZAC/Remembrance day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Watching Blackadder the First with a Shakespeare nerd is amazing though. Where the other series have comedy, the first has nonstop Shakespeare, some more obscure than other.

• Locked thread