Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Gigi Galli posted:

The only side that's mentioned Balotelli is Sampdoria but their president is a lunatic anyway and this was months ago.

I was hoping Sampdoria would buy him, but then Mihajlovic left and it stopped being funny.

Think there would have been a pretty good chance of Mihajlovic punching Balotelli.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire

MrBling posted:

I was hoping Sampdoria would buy him, but then Mihajlovic left and it stopped being funny.

Think there would have been a pretty good chance of Mihajlovic punching Balotelli.

Well, when Liverpool haven't managed to offload him by the last 12 hours of the transfer window there's always the chance of a Galliani desperation signing. It could yet happen.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
Sky sports just did a breaking that arsenal agreed a 10.9 million fee with Chelsea. For Cech.

It's happeneding.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Von Linus posted:

Sky sports just did a breaking that arsenal agreed a 10.9 million fee with Chelsea. For Cech.

It's happeneding.

yes yes yes.

Hashtag Banterzone
Dec 8, 2005

Lifetime Winner of the willkill4food Honorary Bad Posting Award in PWM
A few months ago I thought it was never going to happen.

I'm not sure things are ever going to be the same. Previously you could reply to an Arsenal fanfic transfer rumor with "lol not happening" and always be correct. That's no longer the case.

Mr Snips
Jan 9, 2009

I'm not buying it until I see the bold tags

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

Mr Snips posted:

I'm not buying it until I see the bold tags

I'm fully erect now. I shall ejaculate when it is bold.

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

Von Linus posted:

It's happeneding.

Cool and good, now a striker and DM please

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN

Von Linus posted:

I'm fully erect now. I shall ejaculate when it is bold.

bit dramatic

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

tbp posted:

bit dramatic

I have no other joys in my life, friend.

Lenin Riefenstahl
Sep 18, 2003

That's enough! Out of here, you tubs of beer!

Pat Mustard posted:

He says that but next thing you know he'll be off signing for someone else.

From the last page but lol

Monday Bandele
Apr 26, 2008
Wenger finally buying a good keeper....it only took 12 years

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

quote:

Sky Sports News HQVerified account
‏@SkySportsNewsHQ
BREAKING: Sky Sources: Liverpool agree deal with Hoffenheim to sign forward Roberto Firmino. #SSNHQ

Sounds like it might be bold soon.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Von Linus posted:

It's happeneding.

I'm rock hard

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

who the hell is fimrinho lol

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

tbp posted:

well he plays for the Brazilian national team, so you know he's good.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Firmino in probably means Sterling out I assume.

EvilHawk
Sep 15, 2009

LIVARPOOL!

Klopp's 13pts clear thanks to video ref

blue footed boobie posted:

Firmino in probably means Sterling out I assume.

The latest from the ITKs is that this deal has nothing to do with a deal for Sterling, but I don't believe that personally.

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
If Arsenal do get Cech I'll be a little mad we didn't try for Ospina or Szczesny on loan.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Buying the most exciting player of the Copa? I like it.

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

£29m, he's got to be pretty good then

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Looks like Dupont (Bosman's lawyer) has won another court ruling from the Brussels Court of First Instance, challenging the FFP rules.

"The Brussels Court has declared itself incompetent to hear this case on the merits. However, at the same time, the court referred a question to the European Court of Justice and also indicated that the reduction of the so-called 'acceptable deviation' from €45 million to €30m should be provisionally put on hold."

Uefa is appealing but this could make this transfer window very...interesting. Would certainly explain Inter and Milan spending (or trying to) tens of millions with no issues.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty

euroboy posted:

£29m, he's got to be pretty good then

I haven't seen him play but I'm sure he's a world beater.

PerpetualSelf
Apr 6, 2015

by Ralp
I hope Sergio Ramos leaves Madrid. Anyone they can get be it Hummels, Howedes, Otamendi, Chiellini, or other would be a big, big, upgrade.

Munin
Nov 14, 2004

canepazzo posted:

Looks like Dupont (Bosman's lawyer) has won another court ruling from the Brussels Court of First Instance, challenging the FFP rules.

"The Brussels Court has declared itself incompetent to hear this case on the merits. However, at the same time, the court referred a question to the European Court of Justice and also indicated that the reduction of the so-called 'acceptable deviation' from €45 million to €30m should be provisionally put on hold."

Uefa is appealing but this could make this transfer window very...interesting. Would certainly explain Inter and Milan spending (or trying to) tens of millions with no issues.

So we can look forward to more clubs collapsing under spectacular debt in the near future then.

Hoops
Aug 19, 2005

A Black Mark For Retarded Posting
Honestly I'm happy enough to get a mysterious foreigner signing with a funny name. Way more fun than Danny Ings.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

Broletariat posted:

well he plays for the Brazilian national team, so you know he's good.

I'll take "ships that sailed a long time ago", Clive

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

FullLeatherJacket posted:

WORLD CUP WINNER Kleberson, never forget.

Smeef
Aug 15, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Pillbug

tbp posted:

the fat bald guy who predicted liverpool would never sell mascherano, alonso, and torres

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014

FullLeatherJacket posted:

most exciting player of the cup, all for a mere £29m

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hE5m8KXjfb8

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Smeef posted:

the fat bald guy who predicted liverpool would never sell mascherano, alonso, and torres

wrong account pissflaps

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Von Linus posted:

It's happeneding.

FFS LvG is going to be content with Valdes isn't he.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

Ninpo posted:

FFS LvG is going to be content with Valdes isn't he.

Valdés isn't terrible but yeah, amazed that you didn't go for Cech given the price and quality

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
Having 2 aging keepers would be silly.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
All co-ownership deals in Italy have to be resolved by tomorrow, any that are not resolved will "go to the envelopes", a blind bid between the two clubs where the higher bid gets the player.

Roma bold text here bought out Genoa's half of Andrea Bertolacci for €8.5m, and not bold text yet paid €20m to Cagliari for their half of Nainggolan plus Ibarbo. If that Nainggolan/Ibarbo fee is correct, that's a solid deal for Roma. Juve also reportedly bought out Sassuolo's half of Berardi, and agreed to send him back on loan at Sassuolo next season, no surprises there.

Juve also officially exercised their permanent option on Roberto Pereyra for €14m, which is cool and good imo. Less cool and good is the news that NYCFC are expected to announce Pirlo on Friday.

Gigi Galli
Sep 19, 2003

and then the car turned in to fire
Did Juve ever officially acknowledge that Zaza is coming over?

Also I hope something as ridiculous as the Viviano situation happens again. I want another staffer to forget to add a zero to the bid or submit one the day after.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Ewar Woowar posted:

Valdés isn't terrible but yeah, amazed that you didn't go for Cech given the price and quality

Word is that the most important thing for Cech after landing a starting position was not having to move his family out of London. They would have had to throw really silly money at him to get him to go to Manchester.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
So can I laugh about Firminho or what?

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Smeef posted:

ah, nega-greg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Bacon Terrorist posted:

So can I laugh about Firminho or what?

Nobody knows yet he's like that quantum physics problem with the cat but instead as a football player

• Locked thread