Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Firstkind posted:

Invite me to the wedding so I can eat your cake and steal your flowers.

Only if you'll be the flower girl :shobon:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carol Pizzamom
Jul 13, 2006

a bear you feed is a bear and a steed

Third World Reggin posted:

it is made in eastern russia

@_@ they have computers?

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Carol Pizzamom posted:

@_@ they have computers?

The left over Lenovos from China need to go somewhere

Remb
Feb 2, 2014

Hope you guys are excited for CBT4 and CBT5, which will likely leave the game unchanged until we get the mythical Open Beta release.

If they had a reasonable queuing system the game wouldn't feel dead and grindy.

Remb fucked around with this message at 06:41 on May 6, 2015

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Queueing takes loving ages sometimes, even on Russia. Well, at least it feels so, it's been a while since I've had to repeatedly queue up for 2-3 minutes in an online game.

Firstkind
Apr 10, 2015

by 2017 exmarx

kalstrams posted:

Queueing takes loving ages sometimes, even on Russia. Well, at least it feels so, it's been a while since I've had to repeatedly queue up for 2-3 minutes in an online game.

Normally this gets fixed by us having a goonball to make premades unless the problem resides in instance creation. Besides, pubbing the 5 mans in this game is a recipe for disaster. They require far more time and effort than the normal squad missions.

Remb posted:

Hope you guys are excited for CBT4 and CBT5, which will likely leave the game unchanged until we get the mythical Open Beta release.

I hope they release another one of these demographics ... graphic to show the decline up until OBT is dropped because this poo poo is starting to get out of hand. I can't even tell if you are joking about CBT4-5 seeing as how these jerks haven't announced the OBT window.(At least I haven't seen them)

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Firstkind posted:

Normally this gets fixed by us having a goonball to make premades unless the problem resides in instance creation. Besides, pubbing the 5 mans in this game is a recipe for disaster. They require far more time and effort than the normal squad missions.
Oh, I'm far from those yet, just loving around with a friend from Russia at 2k prestige currently.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Do you notice how it ever says in there how many people were actually in beta and actively playing in each one?

Firstkind
Apr 10, 2015

by 2017 exmarx
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HeKyXUqC2C8

At least Invasions sound like fun.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Stanley Pain posted:

The question isn't whether or not a MMO has a grind, that's just silly. Only try the realize the truth, this game is bad, with next to no redeeming qualities.

Get hosed loser. Game rocks.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 18:14 on May 10, 2015

Saltpowered
Apr 12, 2010

Chief Executive Officer
Awful Industries, LLC

Drinkfist posted:

Get hosed loser. Game rocks.

Who let you out of your cage....

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
mods please probate drinkfist for 30 more days so that he may yet again forget how to post

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

What did he edit in his post though? Was it a typo

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
He probably dropped some choice expletives.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Guys I almost forgot it's been a year since we lost Chunkey Chen. Forever in our hearts. RIP

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

BERGfu posted:

Guys I almost forgot it's been a year since we lost Chunkey Chen. Forever in our hearts. RIP

Does this mean it is safe to download Swordsman Online again? I am sure if we dedicate a few more months botting we can gain one level.

BERGfu posted:

What did he edit in his post though? Was it a typo

I changed my quote to one of Stanley's from a month ago to add dramatic effect like I was frozen in time and such.

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Chunkey chen died while banging his hot wife's hot puerto rican friend and then she shot him

BERGfu
Aug 24, 2010

Drinkfist posted:

I changed my quote to one of Stanley's from a month ago to add dramatic effect like I was frozen in time and such.

The swticheroo

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ0ZAUwtO0Q

Well Guild Wars look like they put some effort into it. Can't wait to see a goonball fail at such simple tasks and start beef with the russians.

nescience
Jan 24, 2011

h'okay
When can you start playing with a party? Or becomes essential to be a part of a party?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
every time I partied with drinkfist he would run off by his self and constantly be ahead of me in the questing area

or we would do a dungeon and be bored fighting rubex cubes

nescience
Jan 24, 2011

h'okay
It's kind of hard to get a read on whether or not this game is worth getting. I'm read a lot of posts here and some stuff on Reddit, it seems to me it's like 55/45, leaning towards getting it? But people are debating about the whole P2W debacle so they're being cautious about it too?

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

nescience posted:

It's kind of hard to get a read on whether or not this game is worth getting. I'm read a lot of posts here and some stuff on Reddit, it seems to me it's like 55/45, leaning towards getting it? But people are debating about the whole P2W debacle so they're being cautious about it too?

I jumped through the hoops to play on the Russian Open Beta since the translation to English is literally a small change in a config file for the game. That let me get a taste of it without having to spend money. I recommend doing the same if you are on the fence.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
It's free-to-play, anyway. All you would waste by trying it out are time and hard drive space.

nescience
Jan 24, 2011

h'okay

Schubalts posted:

It's free-to-play, anyway. All you would waste by trying it out are time and hard drive space.

I was thinking of buying the founder's pack for the early start. I cash shop in MMOs in moderate amounts. ($50/mo?)

RyanManRules
May 31, 2006

Yo dudes, was looking forward to playing this, but it turns out the closed beta will start when I will most likely be consumed with the XIV expansion. Well, I won a Wrath of the Gods founder pack for doing that survey thing (not sure how many people won this.) it's valued at 70 bucks, if anyone is interested I'd totally be willing to swap it for a pre-order of HeavensWard (the xiv expansion). It'd be great if it could be the 60 collectors one. So 10 bucks off isn't too bad. PM me if you are interested or reply here!

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Lucked into a beta key for this from someone on another forum, is there any interest or have people given up on it?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

:siren: Put this in the loving OP the last Closed beta Started and we are on CB4 not CB2 HBZombie :siren:
http://sf.my.com/us/news/announcements/skyforge-closed-beta-test-4-now-live

I am still highly interested in this game and enjoy it. But my current goon stock is toxic in the market so take that as you will. The current and last closed beta started today and will be running for one week. No announcements that I am aware of yet for the open beta which is where everyone is going to make their move. I believe I told people a while back that until we get open beta then to shelve this game unless you really think this game is your jam.

This closed beta is turning out to be great with the addition of allowing people to start as Knight or Alchemist classes along with the normal three starter classes (Cryomancer, Lightbringer, Paladin). I doubt this will carry over to the open beta and the knight and alch are only here for testing and hype access. Given it takes a few days to unlock a class in the sphere grid they did some shuffling around with the old closed beta grid and the new one seems better due to easier access to the global grid being earlier and class sparks being the main currency past that point in a class making the R/G/B sparks mainly be spent in the global sphere grid and not tie up your character progression. I know that statement mean almost nothing to most of you but it is better this way and that's all you need to know.

The new poo poo in this CB is:
- A pile of new maps
- New gear slots with new gear
- All classes are accessible on the grid now
- Knight and Alch unlocked for everyone to start
- Second pass at Voice acting (Still terrible)
- Second Pass at boob physics (Still noticeable)
- Guilds are now allowed
- Difficulty settings for maps now
- Playing with groups of friends now loving works. + Group bonus reward
- Increased Framerate

They still have dicked up PvP arena queues.

If you rejected that loving Anime Theme park or was banned for life from it and your looking for a mmo fix either slap down 20 bucks for the first founders pack (This is the only pack that is worth it) (DO NOT BUY ABOVE THE 20 BUCK PACK) or ask in this thread for free Closed beta keys. Everyone who bought into the poo poo got 2+ extra keys they can give out to people that grants them instant access into this phase of the beta. You can find you guest keys in your profile on the main Skyforge website. I have already given out my two so piss off. There is also a mess of streamers that were given codes so if you hang out in their twich channel during the closed beta event you can probably suck their dicks for one.

The game still shows a great deal of promise and helps fund the second cold war.

When we get a open beta date and are approaching it I will ask to make a new thread and prepare for a goon pile for the guild. There are guild wars and lots of guild things in this game so as soon as I loving get the bankroll to make one in this beta ill tell you what the deal with that is.

Edit: I may make a new thread sometime soon as HBPrince is loving dead it appears and the information in the OP is the kind you would get when a white guy asks a local about where a good beach is in Hawaii.

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jun 24, 2015

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
code:
SFUCVJ6WE1P6TWC2
SFUCQ5A837YYCWZ3
"Enjoy" this piece of poo poo game.

Drinkfist posted:

- Playing with groups of friends now loving works. + Group bonus reward

Did a tiny fist pump for this.

Drinkfist posted:

They still have dicked up PvP arena queues.

Questioned why I should even loving bother after reading this.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Stanley Pain posted:

code:
SFUCVJ6WE1P6TWC2
SFUCQ5A837YYCWZ3
"Enjoy" this piece of poo poo game.

I picked up the first one. I'm sure I will hate the whole 15 minutes, if for no other reason than to spite Drinkfist.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Took that second code. It looks like the latest Russian patch broke the English translation thing.

It did add player scaling, though. Someone went into pvp there, and their team got scaled up to their 43k prestige.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

It's not like this game could be as bad as Wildstar.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

WarLocke posted:

It's not like this game could be as bad as Wildstar.

Oh it certainly isn't. There could be a good, core game in here somewhere the devs just have to find it.

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS
drinkfist i have this game can we kill things together?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

down with slavery posted:

drinkfist i have this game can we kill things together?

OF COURSE BROTHER

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

How does the grouping work? My prestige or whatever is only like 483 :downsgun:

down with slavery
Dec 23, 2013
STOP QUOTING MY POSTS SO PEOPLE THAT AREN'T IDIOTS DON'T HAVE TO READ MY FUCKING TERRIBLE OPINIONS THANKS

Drinkfist posted:

OF COURSE BROTHER

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGlKdXe51wY

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

quote:

SFUCTKUBNGZ8LCGJ
SFUCQDVZ3473GIZZ

Here's some poo poo I don't know who cares

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xavier434
Dec 4, 2002

Drinkfist posted:

I may make a new thread sometime soon as HBPrince is loving dead it appears and the information in the OP is the kind you would get when a white guy asks a local about where a good beach is in Hawaii.

I would wait for open beta to do this but definitely do it.

• Locked thread