Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

Final Destination remake lookin' good.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Pohl posted:

Secure your load should sum it up, I would think.

man, this guy gets totally hosed by that truck on the left.

"huh, why'd that guy just slam on his breaks? that's weird, i can't see anything ahea-OH WHAT THE gently caress"

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Kinda want to see the video of them getting into that configuration.

Some of the Sheep
May 25, 2005
POSSIBLY IT WOULD BE SIMPLER IF I ASKED FOR A LIST OF THE HARMLESS CREATURES OF THE AFORESAID CONTINENT?

cams posted:

man, this guy gets totally hosed by that truck on the left.

"huh, why'd that guy just slam on his breaks? that's weird, i can't see anything ahea-OH WHAT THE gently caress"

Yep, blasting past a braking vehicle blissfully incurious as to why it is braking - drat that truck really hosed him over.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XlvAnMEY5Aw

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

"sure[b posted:

boat[/b]" post="446867205"]
Also this:

We don't go to Ravenholm anymore.

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009
Interesting Vice video about shipbreaking.
The whole thing is pretty loving grim

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JU0DXdAhdsA

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

I like that they fixed the grill in between photos.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Uthor posted:

I like that they fixed the grill in between photos.

I figure they were just posted out of chronological order, and the grill fell off at some point.

c0ldfuse
Jun 18, 2004

The pursuit of excellence.

Subjunctive posted:

I figure they were just posted out of chronological order, and the grill fell off at some point.

One of the most hilarious things I've ever seen when driving by an accident (by my calculation via notification from google maps, it had been at least an hour since accident) where a guy rolled a new tow-behind RV and destroyed his truck going into the ditch. When I was at the scene the police and tow-truck drivers were already there planning out a way to get it out of the ditch/field it was in.

As I slowly creeped by in traffic, I looked over to watch the damaged gate fall off the bed of the truck. Had a good :lol:.

Slanderer
May 6, 2007

Subjunctive posted:

If you do a google image search there are more on some crappy Chinese site. It looked like a pickup truck was carrying some of these GIANT SAW BLADES and either they just fell out, or the gate opened, or something.

http://slide.news.sina.com.cn/s/slide_1_2841_85628.html#p=1

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!
Pretty sure buckling up before flight is mandatory on ultralights like this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_8mdH20qTQ

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

That is the least-perturbable cat ever. Any of mine would have gone absolutely bonkers and likely fallen to their deaths within seconds. Or else retreated into the wing and maybe shredded the poo poo out of it.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

I think most cats would do the "cling on tightly and meow" thing. Like when they're stuck high up a tree.

Carbon dioxide fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Jun 22, 2015

Blistex
Oct 30, 2003

Macho Business
Donkey Wrestler

The Dark One posted:

Never bothered to read the video title and just assumed one of them didn't buckle properly. Skipped ahead to 1/2 way point after nothing was happening and. . . :catstare:

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Carbon dioxide posted:

I think most cats would do the "cling on tightly and meow" thing. Like when they're stuck in a high tree.

Yeah, but that guy's ears are forward or to the side rather than laid flat, and he hangs his paws over the lip and just kind of looks around and is chill.

A good cat.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

Yeah, but that guy's ears are forward or to the side rather than laid flat, and he hangs his paws over the lip and just kind of looks around and is chill.

A good cat.

I'm gonna guess this is far from the 1st time this cat has hitched a ride people have used the cat bed to fly.

ianmacdo
Oct 30, 2012

The Dark One posted:

the pilots double take is pretty good
http://gfycat.com/ThoroughRareIndianrhinoceros

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Leperflesh posted:

That is the least-perturbable cat ever. Any of mine would have gone absolutely bonkers and likely fallen to their deaths within seconds.

Probably not. They hit terminal velocity pretty fast and after that it doesn't much matter how high they are:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYpBfoUHJLs&t=298s

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

im the person wearing a wetsuit in a 8x8 pool

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

surebet posted:

Also this:

Homeworld: Shipbreakers is never coming out... :smith:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

A friend of a friend shared this on facebook. Supposedly from a passenger ferry.
Investigations are ongoing as to why there's an e-stop in the toilet.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Caconym posted:

A friend of a friend shared this on facebook. Supposedly from a passenger ferry.

Oh no I flushed my phone, stop the boat!

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

It's for handicapped people who might find it hard to get off the toilet in difficult weather and would want to signal for help. What's strange about it?

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.

Mokotow posted:

It's for handicapped people who might find it hard to get off the toilet in difficult weather and would want to signal for help. What's strange about it?

Take your perfectly reasonable explanations elsewhere, comrade.

Caconym
Feb 12, 2013

Mokotow posted:

Possible, though I've never seen a call for attention button quite like that before (nor a ferry toilet with a call for attention button at all).
The only other reasonable explanation is that it's a means to close the intake seacock or something.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Caconym posted:

You mean the 'oh poo poo' button?

jetz0r
May 10, 2003

Tomorrow, our nation will sit on the throne of the world. This is not a figment of the imagination, but a fact. Tomorrow we will lead the world, Allah willing.

Caconym posted:

intake seacock
Mods! pleeeease

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

Caconym posted:

Possible, though I've never seen a call for attention button quite like that before (nor a ferry toilet with a call for attention button at all).
The only other reasonable explanation is that it's a means to close the intake seacock or something.

The intake sea cock, if there were one (that's probably a vacuum toilet) would not be anywhere near a toilet and would not be in any way remotely possibly controllable by passengers anywhere. Passengers don't get to control shitfuck. Passengers are stupid as gently caress. The only thing you can control from a bathroom is the flush.

It's a call button. They probably had to replace it at some point and just grabbed an emergency stop button.

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014

Tunicate posted:

You mean the 'oh poo poo' button?

"Stop the boat, extinguish all smoking materials, and radio the Coastguard! This one's a real humdinger!"

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

i hope the girl on the right bought a lottery ticket right after that because the way that door flips right over her head is some loving unbelievable luck

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Caconym posted:

intake seacock

FrozenVent posted:

The intake sea cock,

pffffft hee hee hee

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Looks like lead car, silver car, and the car with the cam in it all managed to miss the suicidal pedestrian, which is pretty impressive.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Leperflesh posted:

Looks like lead car, silver car, and the car with the cam in it all managed to miss the suicidal pedestrian, which is pretty impressive.

I think there's at least 4 cars that had drivers take some insanely quick action. At the very beginning, there's a car on the right side that looks like its spinning out in the grass.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I've been a passenger in that kind of situation before. Another goon and I were heading back to my house from an airsoft game, and it was already night by the time we got to my end of town. We're going down a nearly empty road, with the nearest headlights or tail lights a good half mile away. We're driving a good 40-50 MPH.

And some moron waits until we're passing under a green light before crossing the road.

Thankfully Deviant has very quick reflexes and a good hatchback and he swerved into the gap between the guy's stupid rear end and the median.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

The car spinning into the ditch may have been rear-ended at speed by the large orange van or truck that appears at the end.

• Locked thread