Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

theultimo posted:

DQ 3 was the best, when the world opens up to another world :supaburn:

I remember when I first realized what the DQ 3 map was. I was all :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Has anyone used Lady or Trish in DMC4SE yet? I'm a little worried they don't really feel like complete characters. Vergil will probably be fine I'm guessing.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

did capcom say they are going to make a sequel to either DmC or DMC4 depending on how they do in sales or did i dream that?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

They implied that if DMC 4SE doesn't sell well there wouldn't be any more DMC games, yes.

ThePhenomenalBaby
May 3, 2011

chumbler posted:

Has anyone used Lady or Trish in DMC4SE yet? I'm a little worried they don't really feel like complete characters. Vergil will probably be fine I'm guessing.

Trish and Lady have several borrowed moves. That said they do both have a few new ones and the moves they copy have completely different properties.

For example, Trish has a gauntlet moveset but only when she throws the sword. Her charged punch not only gain strength, but also shoot lightning beams. Stuff like that.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Sakurazuka posted:

They implied that if DMC 4SE doesn't sell well there wouldn't be any more DMC games, yes.

Kung-Fu Jesus
Dec 13, 2003

I've been playing a lot of Swamp Goose lately. Pretty addictive, if you ask me

http://skulls.itch.io/swamp-goose

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Cool a bunch of stuff for lazy rich people while everyone else just plays the game.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

gaming is dead

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur

considering this game was balanced before this bullshit, I guess it's fine. God knows what will CRAPCOM! do if they release a new installment.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

program666 posted:

considering this game was balanced before this bullshit, I guess it's fine. God knows what will CRAPCOM! do if they release a new installment.

I don't think it's a big deal. There are a decent number of games out there with DLC like this, but it doesn't feel like it influnces the game design.

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Motto posted:

I don't think it's a big deal. There are a decent number of games out there with DLC like this, but it doesn't feel like it influnces the game design.

Ever played a mobile game? Once someone figures out that you can make more money if you do let convenience items influence game design this poo poo is going to be rampant.

CJacobs
Apr 17, 2011

Reach for the moon!
"microtransactions are ok when someone i like does it"

KaosMachina
Oct 9, 2012

There's nothing special about me.
really if they were going to do that it'd be by making health recovery/enemy damage consumables purchasable in packs
which would be fine since only stupid people who don't know character action buy those anyway

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Adam Bowen posted:

Ever played a mobile game? Once someone figures out that you can make more money if you do let convenience items influence game design this poo poo is going to be rampant.

that already happened, thats where mobile games came from

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Stux posted:

that already happened, thats where mobile games came from

yeah seriously bowen you're talking as if big time developers haven't discovered this money making trick yet and only mobile devs know about it

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

actually mobile devs made i t up and didnt take tips from the already existing DLC market on consoles and PCs at all

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

horse armor may have came out 2 whole years before the app store, let alone in-app purchases, but the real danger is the mobile filth infecting consoles and pcs

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Stux posted:

horse armor may have came out 2 whole years before the app store, let alone in-app purchases, but the real danger is the mobile filth infecting consoles and pcs

Danger? It's reality now :unsmigghh:

Adam Bowen
Jan 6, 2003

This post probably contains a Rickroll link!

Mak0rz posted:

yeah seriously bowen you're talking as if big time developers haven't discovered this money making trick yet and only mobile devs know about it

I can't think of any examples of non-mobile or facebook games that purposely hamper the gameplay experience to encourage you to spend real money on items in order to advance. I guess some F2P games maybe?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

about a million low end MMOs for a start

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

oh yeah lol loving diablo 3 for a decent amount of time

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Adam Bowen posted:

I can't think of any examples of non-mobile or facebook games that purposely hamper the gameplay experience to encourage you to spend real money on items in order to advance. I guess some F2P games maybe?

every Ubisoft game

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

my new av is good

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

hello games posters. if i only want to play one platinum game to get a feel for the style/combat/etc. which should i choose? ps3 titles only please

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Homework Explainer posted:

hello games posters. if i only want to play one platinum game to get a feel for the style/combat/etc. which should i choose? ps3 titles only please

I'd say Bayonetta, but the PS3 version of it is apparently terrible. Vanquish, maybe?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

the ps3 version of bayonetta is really bad, so i would suggest that you just go play resident evil 4

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

corn in the bible posted:

the ps3 version of bayonetta is really bad, so i would suggest that you just go play resident evil 4

i did this on gc eons ago, friend.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

vanquish plays nothing like other platinum games but still rules as a shooter.

go with metal gear rising for a brawler imo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
the new transformers game by platinum is coming out on ps3, and there's metal gear rising: revengeance and vanquish.

otherwise if you want platinum games your options are mostly going to be the wii u, with the xbox one and ps4 getting scalebound and nier exclusively each

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 06:38 on Jun 24, 2015

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Real hurthling! posted:

vanquish plays nothing like other platinum games but still rules as a shooter.

go with metal gear rising for a brawler imo

i might do both, they don't seem like very long games. if someone wants to make a strong case for anarchy reigns they're welcome to, otherwise thanks for the input

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
anarchy reigns is supposed to be a really fun multiplayer game, but the community's apparently really dead now

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

metal gear rising is the one to play

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Few questions:

1. So MGSV is somehow still alive enough to get released, despite, you know, Kojima having pussed out like a bitch?(#sarcasm)
2. Is the Oculus Rift either 1) ruining the eyes of thousands already, 2) Not living up to the hype (What hype was there?), 3) Going to suck as badly on XBONE as the Kinect did, or 4) all of the above?
3. Are there any earlier E3 threads of past years here?
4. How popular is Witcher 3 by now?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

#fart

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Homework Explainer posted:

i did this on gc eons ago, friend.

So what? do it again. Re4 owns so hard I bought it three times - GC, Wii, and 360. Was gonna buy the pc version too when it came out until I heard it was poo poo.

I'd totes grab a free one if I could and play it again and have a blast because the game is good and I think you should too

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
Decided to check out Soul Blazer because I heard the company that made it consisted mostly of ex-Falcom developers, so far it's pretty enjoyable.

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

Grouchio posted:

Few questions:

1. So MGSV is somehow still alive enough to get released, despite, you know, Kojima having pussed out like a bitch?(#sarcasm)
2. Is the Oculus Rift either 1) ruining the eyes of thousands already, 2) Not living up to the hype (What hype was there?), 3) Going to suck as badly on XBONE as the Kinect did, or 4) all of the above?
3. Are there any earlier E3 threads of past years here?
4. How popular is Witcher 3 by now?

1. It's the only Konami release in 2015, so everyone would have a good laugh if they went back on it.
2. Just take a good, long look at the lady playing Forza in a virtual room. The Ultimate Anti-Hype.
3. Maybe they're accessible via archives.
4. Witcher 3 sold pretty well at least.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Anyone know anything about The Divsion and it's Beta? Is there a thread for it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
Oh my goodness Stux and Taint reaper its just like the e3 thread which was also about games. Speaking of games I got into one called Defense of the Ancients. A lot of people play it some seem to enjoy it in a very violent manner.

• Locked thread